• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Fakemon Spotlight!

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
As the title mentions this series could be maybe a monthly or bi weekly even. The premise is that we could do a fan spotlight( which we don't have too many for) on a big part of the community, fakemon.

there are a lot of awesome designs out there, and it be cool if we could share them with PC and highlight what is good about the designs and what not. With all the fakemon out there this could be a great long running series.

Thoughts?

Soren avatar, nice!

Your user posts came up right away nice

A savage hunger games player I see!

Hello to those quoted, since you all have ties to the art department it's worth notifying you all of this post :)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Pretty sure I expressed my interest in this in the discord channel, but this looks nice! One thing to note is that Hands & I just started this project to create a region and fakemon will likely be a part of it, so featuring some of those in this series would be great c:

What kind of aspects do you plan on talking about? How many fakemon would there be per article?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Pretty sure I expressed my interest in this in the discord channel, but this looks nice! One thing to note is that Hands & I just started this project to create a region and fakemon will likely be a part of it, so featuring some of those in this series would be great c:

What kind of aspects do you plan on talking about? How many fakemon would there be per article?

Ooh cool, I love seeing what can be done with new region concepts and fakemon. I'd love to feature those!!

As for aspects, it would be focused most likely on base animal or object, etc for the design, how it's handled and maybe mention what is liked and not liked about it. As for how many ones per article, I think 6 could be a pretty good number. Like a team of 6 Pokemon in the real games, it be a team of 6 fakemon in a metaphorical sense. So that be a nice reference imo.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Ooh cool, I love seeing what can be done with new region concepts and fakemon. I'd love to feature those!!

As for aspects, it would be focused most likely on base animal or object, etc for the design, how it's handled and maybe mention what is liked and not liked about it. As for how many ones per article, I think 6 could be a pretty good number. Like a team of 6 Pokemon in the real games, it be a team of 6 fakemon in a metaphorical sense. So that be a nice reference imo.
Sounds good! I'd love to help out writing if you ever need anyone to. +1! c:

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Sounds good! I'd love to help out writing if you ever need anyone to. +1! c:

Thanks, and sure! I'd be open for anyone jumping on if they wanted to put in choices or help analysis and write the articles in general.

Years
I def would love to feature fakemon if people start to make some from the region project Kyle and Hands started! I like to talk about design so I can help write or discuss! I didn't sign up to be an article writer or anything, but if you need more people for thoughts and discussion especially when it comes to design, I'd love to help!

So, I'm down for this idea! I guess if I have any questions it would be: will this be a mix of fakemon designs from artist studio and fan games (along with the region project thats going on), will there be one person choosing the 6 that are talked about in the article, annnddd I'm assuming this is a PC 's fakemons thing and not feature designs from other sites and projects? Just want to clarify!​

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I def would love to feature fakemon if people start to make some from the region project Kyle and Hands started! I like to talk about design so I can help write or discuss! I didn't sign up to be an article writer or anything, but if you need more people for thoughts and discussion especially when it comes to design, I'd love to help!

So, I'm down for this idea! I guess if I have any questions it would be: will this be a mix of fakemon designs from artist studio and fan games (along with the region project thats going on), will there be one person choosing the 6 that are talked about in the article, annnddd I'm assuming this is a PC 's fakemons thing and not feature designs from other sites and projects? Just want to clarify!​
I could always use some input from actual artists as I can barely draw haha. So I'd certainly appreciate it.

As for where to pull from, sections on the pc would be likely, which may also lead back to places like devinart as well. In the disocrd, it was mentioned how we wouldn't( or shouldn't) focus on PC, so it be basically all around. A good place to start could be fan games/hacks. Although other sites as well seems to be ok based on discussing it with bobandbill. Although he can post more on this I suppose.

I think its good to cover other places as a lot of designs you won't see elsewhere except sites like Devinart.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I think we should focus on fakemon shared on PC first. If we get low on numbers to cover then we can explore other sites and feature fakemon posted there appropriately. But I'm sure there'll be enough interest and existing work as it is to do a fair few entries on PC-posted content.

Years
I'm not sure how it's related for requests for us, but this is a fun idea, giving feedback on something that people on PC are usually pretty interested in. It makes a fun opening to to discussing and figuring out what makes a design a pokemon related design.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm not sure how it's related for requests for us, but this is a fun idea, giving feedback on something that people on PC are usually pretty interested in. It makes a fun opening to to discussing and figuring out what makes a design a pokemon related design.
I think that line was about requests for art pieces by artists in the Daily team specifically, haha.

Back