• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Journeys through Novia [M]

Years
Oddish isn't taken?

Also neither is Eevee as of right now so if you wish to change to Eevee you can. Until then you have Oddish reserved.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
Can I reserve a spot? If not that's completely fine. IF I can reserve, I should be able to get my SU up today. There is one other RP that I am potentially interested in, so I should have plenty of time to devote to this one and the other one. I'm not going to get myself in over my head right now, heh.

Also, if I could reserve Eevee that would be grand. If not, that's okay too. ^^

Years
Oh hey, Vaporeon, glad to see you were interested in something of mine. (lame puns ftw)

You have a spot for Eevee reserved!

Guys, guys! If both Foxrally and Vaporeon finish their SU's and join we'll be full :D

Years
I'm looking forward to it.

Also;
@Everyone who is already accepted and RPing - Keep posting, where are you all hiding?! :)

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
Name: Tedder O'Rourke

Appearance: Tedder is of a decent height, coming in at about 6'1". He has always been a boy of the waters, whether that be in a pool or in the sea, and has thus spent a lot of time outside obtaining a tan. He also likes to keep his hair short but stylish, most currently deciding on the faux hawk style due to the warmer weather. Tedder is often referred to as "that surfer boy" by his mother and family members, and it isn't a nickname that he necessarily takes issue with. He also spends a good but of his free time working out, so he has a fair bit of muscle build up. He is not cocky however, and does not parade around flaunting any part of his body.

Unless tight shirts count, that is.

In terms of clothes, Tedder is a fan of all things neon. He usually wears a neon yellow shirt, and will occasionally switch it up with green, but yellow is the more likely color of the two for Tedder to be seen in. Tedder always wears a pair of light blue jeans, despite being a boy of the water, with areas worn out in both knees and around the pants legs. Instead of tennis shoes, he prefers to wear a pair of work boots his grandfather got him a year before his passing. They are in fairly good condition, although they certainly don't match his clothing, and despite being put through many a long walk. Tedder will on occasion wear a bandanna or two, but even that is a rare occurrence. Tedder cares a lot about the appearance of his hair, but does not put much focus into matching otherwise.

Personality: If you look at Tedder and assume he's a wild one, you would be wrong. While he presents himself in a confident and focused manner, Tedder does not do much talking. He has a quiet, calm voice with a hint of an accent, although he doesn't talk nearly enough for one to catch on to just what type of accent it may be. This is not to say that Tedder is not friendly, however. He was always raised to be respectful and polite to any that he may encounter, and while not always the first to speak, he finds other ways to be helpful. Tedder will speak, so don't take him as a mute, but speech is something that he prefers to work his way into.

Tedder has an older brother, Aaren, who taught him how to carry himself. Aaren was always the more confident of the two growing up, but has since instilled a lot of his own values in Tedder. Because of this, Tedder is more able to help others than before. He also spent a brief period of time caring for a few of Aaren's pokemon while he was off visiting other lands, and has thus built up a strong love for working with pokemon. Tedder has always wanted to work with Eevee evolutions just as his brother did, and strives to become an Eevee master as well. His love doesn't just stretch to just Eevee and their evolutions however, as again his love for water has caused him to spend a good bit of his time with water types.

History: Tedder's family originally comes from the Kanto region, in a place by the name of Cerulean City. Genevieve and Timothy O'Rourke, Tedder's mother and father, were both born of wealthy families and both were professional divers before settling down in Cerulean as a couple. It was in Cerulean City that the pair began their small family of three children, and it was in the Cerulean Gym at a water show held by the gym leaders that they found their love of the water types. Siobhan (22) was the first born, followed by the births of Aaren (20) and Tedder (17). Siobhan is now a famous pokemon painter in the Hoenn Region, although she never really did much training with pokemon. Aaren was the first to really step out into the world, and found an immediate alliance for himself with the water types that surrounded Cerulean. Tedder on the other hand, was more reluctant to make his move.

Tedder always wanted to become a trainer, but never wanted to devote the time it took to actually train. Aaren spent many a night after coming home, trying to get Tedder to go on his first journey, but he would not budge. This was partially due to his shy nature, and partially due to his fear. He had seen Aaren battle many a time, and although he loved the nature of the battles, he did not think it was something that he would succeed at. It was only once his family relocated to Coriolis Town to follow Aaren that Tedder decided to give things a go, albeit still a bit reluctant. He spent a lot of time caring for Aaren's injured Vaporeon, hurt in an incident with Team Rocket of Kanto many years back, and it was then that Tedder decided that he wanted his own pokemon. His own Vaporeon. With a little pep talk from his parents, and encouragement from both older siblings, Tedder finally took to the road.

A pokemon master in the making?

Chosen Starter:

133.gif

Aedan the Eevee (Adaptability - Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Work Up, Shadow Ball). Although a young pokemon, Aedan is wise beyond his years in terms of how he carries himself. Aedan is hesitant when it comes to battle, but is more skilled then what is let on by either he or his trainer. Aedan is still learning to trust Tedder, but has an unwavering affection for the way Tedder treats and cares for him. He is also quite drawn to the water, but has also built up a liking for a good, warm fire.

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
*take SU sheet from handy-dandy SU MS file*

*battle music plays*

A *shiny* wild SU appeared!

-----------------

Name: Ryan Williams

Appearance: Ryan's appearance greatly reflects his origins and hometown. Having come from the coldest region in Sinnoh, his skin is very light, almost white. His hair is coal-black and frizzy, somewhat similar to his Snover's fur in texture and feel. He is quite tall for his age, measuring around 5"1. This is mainly due to his spindly legs being very long, as all people in Snowpoint city, who have developed strong legs to walk through deep snow. His light blue eyes, very light-reflective, are covered by a pair of equally-coloured glasses.

His attire, as well, shows he comes from a colder area. His coat, made from Mammoswine fur, is brown-coloured and half-sleeved. He rarely ever takes it off, even in hotter areas. This also applies to his scarf, which is literally just a long, blue-coloured cloth he had been given at birth. He wears tough hiking boots and (unoriginality warning) brown pants.

Personality: Ryan is a calm and relaxed, almost half-awake at times, and he is often caught day-dreaming. He respects and cherishes his Pokemon greatly, as they make him succeed in battles. he never pushes them too much, and prefers mental preparation over physical preparation. He often underestimates opponents and tasks, not due to arrogance, but due to his laziness and relaxed habit of doing things. His Pokemon nevertheless always snap him out of his trance, and in seemingly critical situations he can use unique strategies and combat styles to end the battle quickly and smoothly. Rarely gets angry, often sighs and leaves when annoyed.

History:Ryan was born in the Sinnoh region in the peaks of Mt. Coronet, in Snowpoint City. Having spent his whole life there, he eventually got bored. His parents, being both global architects for gyms and Poke-centers, often told him of places they travelled to and gyms they designed. Recently with the launch of the Novia league, they were asked to design gyms and other facilities there for an extended period of time, and they were to be provided with all necessities by the government of Novia.

They were to be allocated in Coriolis town, and shown around by Professor Palm and other Novia locals. A few months after settling in Novia, Ryan managed to convince his parents to allow him to take one of the Professor's starter Pokemon and raise it. The first Pokemon he found there was Oddish, and for the weed Pokemon, it was love at first sight.

Ryan had come for Eevee originally, but seeing the little creature play round in his coat pocket as if it knew him since birth made him believe that abandoning this Pokemon would break his heart. So, with a sigh, he decided to pick Oddish as his starter. Moments later, he was having second thoughts. The Pokemon he had picked had turned his organized room into a playroom in a matter of seconds. More than once Ryan was sent to the hospital due to Oddish's random Poison Powder explosions. His parents had once thought of giving Oddish away to a day care, but Ryan refused. He told his parents since Oddish was uncomfortable and of no use at home, then he would take him to adventure with him in Novia. After arguing for a few days, his parents finally accepted.

Starter:

043.gif

Species: Oddish
Nickname: Bret "The Hitman" hart (just Bret, actually)
Personality: Bret is an extremely enthusiastic oddish. Too bouncy and hyperactive for Ryan, he often causes Chaos and havoc whenever he goes. However, in battle, he completely changes, and becomes as loyal and fierce as an Arcanine.
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves:
  • Absorb
  • Poison Powder
  • Energy ball
  • Sunny day

Last edited:
Years
You are both accepted, post at will. Try not to take too long on Chapter one, although at this point it may be fairer if I let you start in Chapter Two - let me know.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
Whichever one you would like to do, let me know. I don't know mind going from Chapter One, and I don't mind going from Chapter Two. Either way, I am definitely excited to become a part of this. ^^

Years
At this point I'd recommend going from chapter two, but if you are dead set on going from the very beginning you are welcome to do so. Looking forward to reading Tedder's adventure.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
I'll start from Chapter Two. ^^ I don't want to be behind, and if you think that is the smartest thing to do then I will absolutely do that. Starting my first post now! This is my first post of this nature, or even of this RP type, so I'm pretty excited. I've been around message boards for a while, including this one, but never have I done one like this. To say I am excited about posting... Definitely an understatement. ^^

Years
Its good to have someone so enthusiastic :D

Hopefully your enthusiasm will catch on and the others will get their posting speed back up.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Alright. I am still incredibly sorry for not posting anything yet. I think I just need like one more post to have chapter 2 just about finished for my character. I am going to draft a post today. Like right now. There'll be no more procrastinating or whining about an author's block or about personal issues from me.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
^^ Okay, now, I do have a question. How should I structure my post? Should I structure it as if I went through Coriolis, went through Route 1, etc... Like I didn't catch any of the pokemon? Not that it's any big deal, don't get wrong, I just want to know what I should include. If you can give me that, I can take it from there and (hopefully) rock it out. ^^

Years
@EG - Welcome back from your hiatus EG :D, take your time, I'm looking forward to more of your epic posts.

@Vaporeon - I could take a page from another RPs book and let you have caught another pokemon but it isn't that important to have caught one until the fourth chapter anyway xD. Unless you are desperate just assume you went through without capturing anything wild, or without succeeding or w/e.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Same here. Right now I'm reading through most of Gimmepie's posts to get myslef a sample/template to start off with.

I'll start off at Chapter 2, and assume no Pokemon has been caught yet. I know exactly which trainer I'm gonna battle :D

*gives a side glance to Tedder*

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
Same here. Right now I'm reading through most of Gimmepie's posts to get myslef a sample/template to start off with.

I'll start off at Chapter 2, and assume no Pokemon has been caught yet. I know exactly which trainer I'm gonna battle :D

*gives a side glance to Tedder*

Oh? I knew I would be an instant target... ^^

I am about to finish up my first post and get it up.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Nice to see some new blood in the RP, brings back some life to Novia :D

@EGKangaroo it was cool how you included June in to your post. You can use her character in the future if you want mate.

Also @gimmepie put up chapter three soon please, cheeeeers

Last edited:
Back