• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was (or is) your favorite pokemon to train in FRLG

Mewtwomew

The fool with the plan
Years
What was or is your over all favorite pokemon to train and level up in FireRed and LeafGreen? Mine is Charmander. All that battling was worth it for the end result... Charizard!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Mine was Magikarp/Gyarados.
He helped win so much battles during the Elite 4, so it was really worth it.

I actually caught it at level 5 when it was still a Magikarp but I gave him to the Daycare center and they leveled him up until 21. Then I used a rare candy to turn him into an almighty Gyarados. It was hard to level him up at the time because he was still weak and I was already at Celadon city. So I gave him the Water Pulse TM and kept grinding and grinding and grinding until he was on par with the other Pokemon in my party :)

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Dratini and Charmander. A lot of traning, but when those two evolved to Dragnite nd Charizard it was worth training them

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Definitely Dratini. Dragonite is one of my favorite Pokemons, and really useful in FR/LG!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There's nothing in FRLG I particularly enjoyed to train like I do with RSE, but I usually found myself gravitating to Charmander. I hate to sound like one of those crazy Charizard people, but it's just a fun Pokemon to train and I can end up with some unique movesets for it, unlike with the other two starters.

Dragonite and Jolteon are pretty nice too, though! And I don't mind Butterfree either, despite being weak. I've made it work rather well in the past though.

Years
One of my favorite would have to be Charmander -> Charizard, mostly because it was the first Pokemon that I ever took from level 5 to 100. I also really enjoyed my Pidgey that eventually turned into Pidgeot, as it's a common Pokemon that really became more powerful the more I trained it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Once I caught Meowth the right way (without cheating, making a certain Pokemon appear) I trained it more than any other Pokemon, even after evolving, I only managed to get it up to level 82, before starting a new game.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2015
butterfree i tought it was weak but sleeppowder and dreameater helped me alot n.n

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
For me, Doduo->Dodrio was always my favorite pokemon to train simply because the double threat of Drill Peck and Tri Attack rips apart a lot of trainers and Gym Leaders like Sabrina, who can't take physical attacks.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Dratini by far. I knew what it evolved into, and I was determined to get it there. After lots of training, I finally got it to evolve before the E4, and wow was it good. I used it on almost every pokemon, and it didn't let me down. Though it took a while, leveling Dratini was fun for me, as I was just dreaming of the time when it would evolve to Dragonite.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2013
For me it's Charmander, too. Because I defeated every Trainer or wild Pokémon with him. I change the Pokémon only when I've finished the game. Therefore he's the most exciting Pokémon to train ;-)

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Aha, the answer to this is such a given that I'm not even going to mention her name.

I think the reason she was so fun... okay, not fun, but interesting to train in FR/LG was mostly because by that point, she had established herself as my favorite, unlike back in the days of the original R/B where that honor went to Vulpix, who by the way, I never had on my team. Go figure.

Determination to basically win with Nidorina... oops. Ah well, determination to win with Nidorina at the top of the command chain and then call it a day was all I had left, as I was pretty tired of the games by the time FR/LG came out. I forgot if I ever completed the island side quest after the game. I remember there being some Rockets and some Johto Pokemon, but I have no idea what any of it was about anymore.

The only thing that's ever held true since FR/LG or Emerald is that I will only play the games if I can play with my favorites, which wasn't a method I used just one game prior in R/S and all games earlier. Kind of interesting given how quickly I shifted.

Back