• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Broken Beacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
This hack seems very nicely laid out, with story, features, and...Pastors?
Aren't pastors supposed to be preaching, and not battling some child? I mean, sure, if that's your story, go ahead...

And my Full Metal Alchemist senses are tingling...

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
This hack seems very nicely laid out, with story, features, and...Pastors?
Aren't pastors supposed to be preaching, and not battling some child? I mean, sure, if that's your story, go ahead...

And my Full Metal Alchemist senses are tingling...

lol

Well, preachers/pastors have to do something between church, right? Also, your FMA senseis addicting....

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Yeah, I sprited/made/inserted us a boot screen. :> Aren't I awesome? It's simplistic, hell you only see it for three seconds. It's nothing major, but whatever. Just adding some eye candy to the ROM haha.

28iutkz.png

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Yeah, I sprited/made/inserted us a boot screen. :> Aren't I awesome? It's simplistic, hell you only see it for three seconds. It's nothing major, but whatever. Just adding some eye candy to the ROM haha.

28iutkz.png

Falls in love. <3

You have my vote for HotW. ;)
Keep at it. :3

luke

Master of the Elements
Years

Cardinals & Acolyte

Name: Minerva
Art: None
Hometown: Pietr City
Abilities: None
Embodiment of Gluttony

Pokémon:

• Solrock Lv.54
  • Cradily Lv.52
  • Golem Lv.53
  • Aerodactyl Lv.54
  • Aggron Lv.56
For years Minerva was the runt of her family. Overweight, lazy and slow. Terrible traits to carry in a family of athletes. What she lacked in physical attractiveness and athletic ability she made up for in training Pokémon. She always managed to beat her numerous brothers and sisters in a convincing matter. Eventually she gained the attention of the church and was made the Pastor of her town. Her first order of business was to have her family evicted from their house and made her personal servants. When this was found out, she was kicked from her position and imprisoned. However, when the new Acolyte took over, she was released and promoted to one the four Cardinal positions. Her room is full of food, wine and other excesses of luxury.

Name: Gustav
Hometown: Stalwart's Oasis
Embodiment of Lust

Pokémon:

• Armaldo Lv.55
  • Venomoth Lv.56
  • Heracross Lv. 54
  • Beedrill Lv.56
  • Pinsir Lv.57
Gustav was known for his ability to charm any woman with his dashing good lucks and charm. He married almost every rich widow in the country. Inexplicably, they died soon after but it was never proven he played a part in her death. He used his new found wealth to seduce every woman in the country. Eventually he charmed his way into a position of power in the church. However, he was discovered poisoning a Pastor's drink and thrown in jail. Much like Minerva, when the new Acolyte took over, Gustav was promoted to an Cardinal position.

Name: Simone
Hometown: Olympia City
Embodiment of Envy

Pokémon:

• Magneton Lv.55
  • Forretress Lv. 56
  • Metagross Lv.58
  • Skarmory Lv.57
  • Mawile Lv.59
Born into a life of religion. Since her birth, she has been groomed to be the leader of the many sisters who served Ho-oh. She was angered by her life and wanted nothing more than to break free. She was kept under tight supervision and eventually Simone gave into what was expected of her. She quickly showed great aptitude at what she did. However, if any other girl started to outshine her, she had them removed from the order and forced into some form of servitude. Her dolls had to be the best, her dresses made of the finest materials and no other person could have better Pokémon. Due to her position, she was automatically made a Cardinal, making her the only one of the four to not be handpicked by the Acolyte. She admires him though and does whatever he orders.

Name: Peter
Hometown: Hoenn
Abilities: Piracy
Embodiment of Sloth

Pokémon:
  • Whiscash Lv.58
  • Tentacruel Lv. 58
  • Ludicolo Lv.57
  • Lanturn Lv.59
  • Gyarados Lv.60
Known around the world as the "Scarlet Marauder." His piracy knew no limits: trade ships, cruise ships, rafts or submarines. If they were on the sea, they were prey for Peter. His days were numbered when his ship crashed into Ho-oh's Crest and he was captured by the church. He was convicted of numerous crimes and sentenced to death. Fortunately for him, the day of his execution also marked the day of the new Acolyte taking over. He was immediately pardoned and made the top ranking Cardinal. In gratitude, he is overly loyal to the Acolyte. He would do ANYHING for him.

~*~*~*~*~

Name: Vladimir
Hometown: Unknown
Abilities: Unknown
Embodiment of Greed, Wrath and Pride

Pokémon:

• Walrein Lv.60
  • Shiftry Lv.59
  • Machamp Lv.59
  • Manectric Lv.60
  • Gengar Lv.61
  • Arcanine Lv.62
A mysterious man who appeared on the island after the previous Acolyte's death and came forward with a legitimate claim to the position. With no other choice, the church anointed him and became the newest Acolyte. He made sweeping changes, including adopting policies from the Pokémon League, canceling many festivals and bringing three new Cardinals on board. All former criminals, he declared the theme of the year to be 'Repentance.' However to some, they sense something malicious behind his decisions and a resistance movement has been growing in opposition to his rule.
REAL SPOILERS UNDER HERE:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Just thought I'd mention that lust isn't necessarily sexual, even though it's usually meant as that. It can be for anything intangible, like power. And I'd think power would work better in this case.

Other than that, it looks epic.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
We can has beta nows? :D Nah but in all seriousness, your hack looks very epic right now. The storylines great without changing too much of the basic pokemon formula we've all come to love. I'm really looking forward to the first beta!

aquadan

is searching for members
Years
wow luke your hack is soooo epic developing nicely :D

Your character detail is more than just looks and simple natures, you can imagine the character, and then the lil twists you make it even better :)

But enough of the praise, let get on to what i hate about this hack. oh wait there is nothing. :P

Although it may be a bit out dated; someone said that why people would treat a pokemon like a god, when pokemon are pets and all i can say is:
Indians have cow's as there god.
different cultures see things differently (like Chinese people and cats)

Oh there was something Luke, the 3rd gyn leader likes mexican food.
This is like your only refrence to earth. maybe change it too spicy food?

Only a suggestion!!!!

Good luck
xx

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
We can has beta nows? :D Nah but in all seriousness, your hack looks very epic right now. The storylines great without changing too much of the basic pokemon formula we've all come to love. I'm really looking forward to the first beta!

wow luke your hack is soooo epic developing nicely :D

Your character detail is more than just looks and simple natures, you can imagine the character, and then the lil twists you make it even better :)

But enough of the praise, let get on to what i hate about this hack. oh wait there is nothing. :P

Although it may be a bit out dated; someone said that why people would treat a pokemon like a god, when pokemon are pets and all i can say is:
Indians have cow's as there god.
different cultures see things differently (like Chinese people and cats)

Oh there was something Luke, the 3rd gyn leader likes mexican food.
This is like your only refrence to earth. maybe change it too spicy food?

Only a suggestion!!!!

Good luck
xx

There are several references to the real world in this game and Mexican food is a reference to the person the character is based on.

UPDATEUPDATEUPDATE

35lgu20.png

Yes, Honey Trees make an appearance in Broken Beacon. About a year ago, an organization of Flora & Fauna enthusiasts traveled to Ho-oh's Crest. They brought with them numerous trees from Sinnoh to increase the insect population on the island (hence why the trees stick out in comparison to everything else on the island). The trees function like Headbutt in this game.

2z8zqki.png

Grumpy hiker...

fx9mkz.png

One of two rivals in the game. When we find a reliable OW spriter, his appearance will change. His role in the game is an enforcer from the Church sent around to take care of issues that may hurt the church. As you move along, he becomes more interested in your goals. Whether he supports them or wishes to stop them is unclear.

We'll have a video soon of one of our awesome events.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
UPDATEUPDATEUPDATE

35lgu20.png

Yes, Honey Trees make an appearance in Broken Beacon. About a year ago, an organization of Flora & Fauna enthusiasts traveled to Ho-oh's Crest. They brought with them numerous trees from Sinnoh to increase the insect population on the island (hence why the trees stick out in comparison to everything else on the island). The trees function like Headbutt in this game.

2z8zqki.png

Grumpy hiker...

fx9mkz.png

One of two rivals in the game. When we find a reliable OW spriter, his appearance will change. His role in the game is an enforcer from the Church sent around to take care of issues that may hurt the church. As you move along, he becomes more interested in your goals. Whether he supports them or wishes to stop them is unclear.

We'll have a video soon of one of our awesome events.

I like the implementation of the honey trees. It would be cool if they could work like D/P whre you wait for a while, it's possible if you check the amount of steps the player has walked as a form of time. :3

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Yeah, after they set the honey you could also set a flag. Then you could put S tiles every where and if the flag is set add 1 to the variable and then compare the variable when it reaches the amount you want.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Yeah, after they set the honey you could also set a flag. Then you could put S tiles every where and if the flag is set add 1 to the variable and then compare the variable when it reaches the amount you want.

lol

We, me and Luke, hated the honey tree thing from D/P. So, that's why we're making it like a headbutt tree.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years

Starters

175Togepi.png
Spr_4p_175.png

Name: Togepi
Species: Spike Ball Pokémon
Ability: Pure Power (Doubles the User's Attack.)
  • HP- 50
  • Attack- 50
  • Def- 48
  • SAtk- 40
  • SDef- 47
  • Speed- 50
Attacks:
01 Tackle
01 Charm
04 Metronome
09 Sweet Kiss
13 Yawn
19 Encore
21 Ancientpower
25 Follow Me
29 Wish
33 Safeguard
37 Double-Edge
41 Baton Pass

Evolves into Togetic at Level 16
Togetic evolves into Togekiss at Level 34

Subomie.png
Spr_4p_406.png

Name: Budew
Species: Bud Pokémon
Ability: Drought (The Pokémon makes it sunny if it is in battle.)
  • HP- 30
  • Atk- 25
  • Def- 35
  • SAtk- 70
  • SDef- 60
  • Speed- 60
Attacks:
01 Pound
01 Sweet Scent
06 Absorb
10 Sleep Powder
14 Poison Sting
18 Mega Drain
21 Poisonpowder
21 Stun Spore
25 Synthesis
29 Giga Drain
33 Toxic
39 Solarbeam
45 Sludge Bomb

Evolves into Roselia at Level 14
Roselia evolves into Roserade at Level 36

355Duskull.png
Spr_4d_355.png

Name: Duskull
Species: Requiem Pokémon
Ability: Intimidate (Lowers the foe's Attack stat.)
  • HP- 35
  • Atk- 65
  • Def- 60
  • SAtk- 30
  • SDef- 60
  • Speed- 40
Attacks:
01 Tackle
01 Leer
07 Astonish
12 Foresight
16 Night Shade
20 Confuse Ray
25 Recover
31 Curse
35 Will o Wisp
40 Mean Look
44 Shadow Ball

Evolves into Dusclops at Level 16
Dusclops evolves into Dusknoir at Level 32

And in Mandolin Town, you'll gain a better understanding of how Honey works in this game. And our mystery trainer (
luke_sprite_lol.gif
) will play a major role in that.

We also still need spriters who specialize in Battle sprites and OWs.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
whos harryXDXD
Its says everytime my mouse goes other a word in the first post "harry is amazing and sexy" O.o

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
That would be Manipulation. It's his ~special touch~ to the main post :)

Also, some more screenshots:

DrifblimTemple.png

The outside of the 'Temple of the Reaper.' In Ho-oh's Crest mythology, Drifblim is seen as the Grim Reaper. It's considered one of the most important Pokémon on the island. To honor it, the church built a temple to it where the souls of the lost lay. Unfortunately, something strange has been happening lately and its up to the player to figure out what's causing these strange phenomena that are consuming the temple and the nearby Mandolin Town.

PietrCityPreview.png

Just a small tidbit of the first map done for us by goon. It's amazing and I can't wait to show you more of it as we progress towards scripting it.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Could that Drifblim be any sexier? <3

And goons map looks awshum <33

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Can't wait to see the full map. BTW, the website looks REALLY good. Kudos.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Im gonna have to say ew to the Drifblim, it looks terribly 2d to myself. Other than that I must say you have a very impressive team there!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
That drifblim is very nice. :3

I like that screenies of ->goon's map. He's a very good mapper and from what I see in the screenshot, the map looks very nice and has a pleasant combination of tiles.

Good Luck!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
→goon is quite an amazing mapper, as I've seen his maps before.

And I know who I'm starting with, yay~ :D
That Drifblim temple is very good as well.

As always, I look forward to playing this hack.
Good luck to you and your team~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back