• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

mat

Years
miksy91 you're the best!!!!!! i am currently palying this game and it was awesome.....i cant wait for the next beta.....i'm just a beginner and i've played beta three.....

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if there actually are more than 16 gyms in the final version - it will depend on how many towns/cities there will be in the eastern side of Suden.
You won't gain badges in the game though so it doesn't really matter how many of them there will be in the final version.

By playing through the following beta 2, you'll realize there will be other boss fights too ;)

You must have used some other rom file than Silver (U) 1.0.
There should be an option to go either to "Start" or "Options".

miksy91 can youhelp me if anything comes up????????...i'm just statring a new game and i wonder wats the secrets in this game.......i think beta 4.0 is very awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!amazing the best hacker . ikeep following on the ext beta....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I have literally been spending the last five days of my life playing this rom on my phone. This is byfar the best hack I've ever played. [Probably because silver is such an awesome base for hacks] However, I'm currently stuck. I just caught Super Onix, using a Master Ball. I'm having trouble finding Elena in Beast's Lair and I have no clue where to go from here.

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
I'm having trouble finding Elena in Beast's Lair and I have no clue where to go from here.
Look at this map (I've made it using Johto Map). This girl at the left up corner.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
After what felt like a while trying to find that particular battle again, I have managed to beat the trainer with the champion theme in the ultimate setting for the battle simulators. And I have managed to beat all 7 sidequests.

And to provide proof that I did that ultra hard battle, here is the list of pokemon that I beat.
Major spoilers though.
Spoiler:

I doubt there would be anything like a move relearner or something like that in the next beta now would there?

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
I'm having a bit of a problem finding Zapdos, I've looked around and it seems I have to interact two times with it on area 110, but after the first one I just flew back to Argent and looked for it on the research center and he's nowhere to find, then I go back to Area 110 to look him up, and I can't seem to find him, I'm pretty sure I've looked all around the area, even the Jungle and Area 111. Did I mess up the event by flying back to Argent instead of talking the second time to Zapdos?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2021
I played the the 3 beta and wasn't disappointed and started the 4 beta which has been great so far. Now i'm wondering if there is a place to obtain more de stones currently in lightbulb city.

Years
This game is really good and love everything about it you know how to make a good hack with a interesting story line can't wait until you come up with more ideas. :) Can you add the switch out option back in because after i level up one of my Pokemon i want to switch it out for a member who needs the exp.

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Thanks for the comments guys! I read all of them and it was nice hearing more (mostly positive) feedback on this as well.

By the way, sorry for not being around recently. I have done some thinking about new storylines for something else that I could do in the place of this project, but for now, it looks like I'm going to stick with Dark Energy although I'm not that satisfied with everything about this hack either. But I guess it will do for me :)

Anyway, now into replying some questions...

I doubt there would be anything like a move relearner or something like that in the next beta now would there?
Probably not. Not that I couldn't start trying to code one if I really wanted to, but is there really a need for such thing?

I'm having a bit of a problem finding Zapdos, I've looked around and it seems I have to interact two times with it on area 110, but after the first one I just flew back to Argent and looked for it on the research center and he's nowhere to find, then I go back to Area 110 to look him up, and I can't seem to find him, I'm pretty sure I've looked all around the area, even the Jungle and Area 111. Did I mess up the event by flying back to Argent instead of talking the second time to Zapdos?
You've probably gotten it by now, but if not yet, you should be able to run into it in Area 110 over and over again until the player says he saw it flying towards Argent Warehouse.

I played the the 3 beta and wasn't disappointed and started the 4 beta which has been great so far. Now i'm wondering if there is a place to obtain more de stones currently in lightbulb city.
All the De-Stones can be found easily by browsing the routes. You too have probably gotten all of them by now.

This game is really good and love everything about it you know how to make a good hack with a interesting story line can't wait until you come up with more ideas. :) Can you add the switch out option back in because after i level up one of my Pokemon i want to switch it out for a member who needs the exp.
Thanks!

You're currently using battle mode "Active" instead of "Normal". You can change the current battle mode by entering the menu and selecting Options from there. Just like you could do for changing the current Text Speed or such.

Years
Thank you for the info i feel dumb for not knowing that lol. Can you tell me how does the d-stone work i thought it let you evolve Evee into glaceon or leafeon but i got a epseon. win win for me because Espeon my favorite Evee evolution beside Glaceon anyways. Can you catch more Evees anywere by any chance.

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Thank you for the info i feel dumb for not knowing that lol. Can you tell me how does the d-stone work i thought it let you evolve Evee into glaceon or leafeon but i got a epseon. win win for me because Espeon my favorite Evee evolution beside Glaceon anyways. Can you catch more Evees anywere by any chance.
It's a de-evolution stone. In other words, it lets you change any upper from of Eevee back into its "original" form (which is Eevee).

You can get as many Eevees as you like by buying them (for 1750 BP?) in Battle Room. So check out the upper floor of any Pokecenter to see what Battle Room is about!

Years
I am lost after i beat the bright bulb gym do i go to dark cave or to the abandon lab. can you give a hint to the password at the lab. i went to the forest after i beat the gym too or it is the end of the beta. Never mind found were to go.

Last edited:
Years
I hope the next beta will be compatible with this beta's saves. BTW, does anyone know at what level does Machoke evolve?NVM, it evolves at Level 45. OK, I completed pretty much everything except the sidequests. I have completed 2, the Super Onix one and the Briefcase one. I have some questions:
1 - I know there is a person who gives you something "rare" for the Super Onix. I just can't remember where. Can anyone tell me?
2 - I just got to "Granaldo City". Can I get any further?
3 - Is the Castle in the East side of the region Team Darkness' HQ? Even if on map currently, it gave me that "Bad People" feeling.
4- If possible, can anyone give me a list with all the side-missions?
5 - Isn't Oscar (your teammate at the beginning) and the Leader (Maxim I think) the same person? Or is it just a sprite issue?
6 - Did you mess with the random encounters? Because in 6-7 hours of gameplay, I caught these:

And now comes my part: I remember Beta 3.4 ending at the BBB (Lighthouse) so that is quite the progress. Also there are some quite nice changes here and there. After playing this through about 4-5 times, I come to a honest conclusion: This is the best Pokemon hack I have ever played. And when I say it, I mean it. I played all the known ones, like Prism, Light Platinum amongst many others, but this hits the spot 100% accurate for me. It just nails everything. To me, the story is general "there are bad guys who are searching for ... and you must find them before the bad guys do" but it's done in a way that you always wonder what will happen next. The towns are a little confusing, but it's alright. Also the feature to use a repel without having to freakin' select it from the backpack is really a nice addition and Game Freak could learn a thing or two from you. I still remember when the hack was completely different, now it evolved into a masterpiece. Great work Miksy91, you outdid yourself from my part.

Last edited:

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
In this hack chance of encounter shiny is about 1,5% (I forgot precise).
You asked about sidequest list. Here:
Spoiler:

1 - I know there is a person who gives you something "rare" for the Super Onix. I just can't remember where. Can anyone tell me?
This guy won't trade pokemon for Super Onix.
Granaldo is end of current beta.

Years
In this hack chance of encounter shiny is about 1,5% (I forgot precise).
You asked about sidequest list. Here:
Spoiler:

This guy won't trade pokemon for Super Onix.
Granaldo is end of current beta.
Thanks for the answers. But the guy i'm talking about says he will give a rare item if I give him Super Onix.
Ok, I have the Briefcase and Super Onix sidequest completed, but I seriously require some help on the other ones. I just couldn't find any clue whatsoever that could link me to any of them. Or maybe i'm just too stupid.

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
I hope the next beta will be compatible with this beta's saves. BTW, does anyone know at what level does Machoke evolve?NVM, it evolves at Level 45. OK, I completed pretty much everything except the sidequests. I have completed 2, the Super Onix one and the Briefcase one. I have some questions:
3 - Is the Castle in the East side of the region Team Darkness' HQ? Even if on map currently, it gave me that "Bad People" feeling.
4- If possible, can anyone give me a list with all the side-missions?
5 - Isn't Oscar (your teammate at the beginning) and the Leader (Maxim I think) the same person? Or is it just a sprite issue?
6 - Did you mess with the random encounters? Because in 6-7 hours of gameplay, I caught these:

Once again, it is impossible to say if the next beta will be compatible with the save files you've got at the moment. If I make use of disassembly, it will definitely not be compatible, but if I don't disassemble the hack, it's possible that beta 4.0 save file indeed is compatible in beta 5. But not sure yet.

1) You won't get anything from anyone for Super Onix. A certain gentleman in Centralgate City says he offers something for Super Onix, but the implementation of that is quite bad since players won't get the "feeling" I was aiming for with the script of that gentleman guy. I should change it for further releases.
3) Yeah, that's the HQ of team darkness and it will be accessable in further releases.
5) Oscar uses the same sprite as your rival in G/S/C, while Maxime uses the sprite used by Falkner in original games. Maxime's overworld sprite should change later though.
6) Shiny pokemon ratio is now 8/65536.

And now comes my part: I remember Beta 3.4 ending at the BBB (Lighthouse) so that is quite the progress. Also there are some quite nice changes here and there. After playing this through about 4-5 times, I come to a honest conclusion: This is the best Pokemon hack I have ever played. And when I say it, I mean it. I played all the known ones, like Prism, Light Platinum amongst many others, but this hits the spot 100% accurate for me. It just nails everything. To me, the story is general "there are bad guys who are searching for ... and you must find them before the bad guys do" but it's done in a way that you always wonder what will happen next. The towns are a little confusing, but it's alright. Also the feature to use a repel without having to freakin' select it from the backpack is really a nice addition and Game Freak could learn a thing or two from you. I still remember when the hack was completely different, now it evolved into a masterpiece. Great work Miksy91, you outdid yourself from my part.
Thank you RubyHacker! If I want in such a good mood already (of real life things going well), these kind of comments would fix that issue for sure!

The hack has some things I'd like to improve about it, but I do agree that this game "functions" really well, and there aren't many things to be critized about it (other than the storyline that is).

Thanks for the answers. But the guy i'm talking about says he will give a rare item if I give him Super Onix.
Ok, I have the Briefcase and Super Onix sidequest completed, but I seriously require some help on the other ones. I just couldn't find any clue whatsoever that could link me to any of them. Or maybe i'm just too stupid.
AxmanAMV is doing a let's play of DE in youtube and it's almost complete already and covers 5 of the 7 sidequests so far. And the remaining two are to come really soon.

Many sidequests are somewhat related to the missing pages though, so unless you can find most of them, you won't be able to complete some sidequests either. And to be precise, you need to find 5 of the 6 pages to be able to complete 6 sidequests (the last one is acquiring all the pages).
There has been discussion about the page locations in the previous pages of this thread. You could try checking some earlier posts for help too.

Years
Once again, it is impossible to say if the next beta will be compatible with the save files you've got at the moment. If I make use of disassembly, it will definitely not be compatible, but if I don't disassemble the hack, it's possible that beta 4.0 save file indeed is compatible in beta 5. But not sure yet.

1) You won't get anything from anyone for Super Onix. A certain gentleman in Centralgate City says he offers something for Super Onix, but the implementation of that is quite bad since players won't get the "feeling" I was aiming for with the script of that gentleman guy. I should change it for further releases.
3) Yeah, that's the HQ of team darkness and it will be accessable in further releases.
5) Oscar uses the same sprite as your rival in G/S/C, while Maxime uses the sprite used by Falkner in original games. Maxime's overworld sprite should change later though.
6) Shiny pokemon ratio is now 8/65536.

Thank you RubyHacker! If I want in such a good mood already (of real life things going well), these kind of comments would fix that issue for sure!

The hack has some things I'd like to improve about it, but I do agree that this game "functions" really well, and there aren't many things to be critized about it (other than the storyline that is).

AxmanAMV is doing a let's play of DE in youtube and it's almost complete already and covers 5 of the 7 sidequests so far. And the remaining two are to come really soon.

Many sidequests are somewhat related to the missing pages though, so unless you can find most of them, you won't be able to complete some sidequests either. And to be precise, you need to find 5 of the 6 pages to be able to complete 6 sidequests (the last one is acquiring all the pages).
There has been discussion about the page locations in the previous pages of this thread. You could try checking some earlier posts for help too.
I will do that. Ok, last question for now :P, when I talk to Flareon he/she, wants to give me an item, but i get told that my bag is full. I've checked that it isn't, still the same problem.

miksy91

Years
I will do that. Ok, last question for now :P, when I talk to Flareon he/she, wants to give me an item, but i get told that my bag is full. I've checked that it isn't, still the same problem.
That's an item package consisting of several different items. Make sure you have room for at least 5 new items, and you should receive it.

Years
That's an item package consisting of several different items. Make sure you have room for at least 5 new items, and you should receive it.
Alright, thanks. And of course, here it comes: What exactly does the 9999BP one do? I mean, I know what it does, (don't wanna spoil it for others) but is it necessary for a sidequest or something?

Back