• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Update 3
Tokay - Sceptile - Level 41
Firmin Jr - Pelipper - Level 31
Cling Film - Camerupt - Level 41
Xtina - Lombre - Level 36
Smurfette - Dustox - Level 30
Von Drak - Lileep - Level 22

I'm about to challenge Liza and Tate. I've just got the Master Ball and I can taste the finish line!

Years
Update:
Medieval Challenge - Sapphire
Gym Badges: 7/8
Pokémon: Blaziken (40), Gardevoir (40) , Lairon (39), Claydol (40), Vibrava (40), Sharpedo (39)
Defeated gym 5, 6 and 7.
I am standing right in front of Kyogre now.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Update #7:
POKEMON SAPPHIRE
NUMBER OF BADGES:8
Spoiler:

i hope catching Kyogre wont make me kicked out of challenge i know using legendaries is not allowed but im not using it anyway. The next update will be my last ^^

Team so far:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Update #7:
i hope catching Kyogre wont make me kicked out of challenge i know using legendaries is not allowed but im not using it anyway. The next update will be my last ^^

no worries xD you're allowed to catch them and box them xD I usually catch them and box them too xD

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Possible Optional Rule for Egyptian Era:

I have to admit... I'm quite proud that I was able to come up with Egyptian Deities for each of my Pokemon to be named after... That could be an optional rule, I think... I made it one for my game, at least...

Also: I've never been this inspired to get this far in the game... Thanks for the challenge!

Warship

異議あり!
Years
KagamiChan said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by warship

Update #7:

no worries xD you're allowed to catch them and box them xD I usually catch them and box them too xD

great i was so worried im glad its not against the rules XD

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
Update 4:

We got a big update here for sure!
I thought Chuck would have been a harder match considering I had 4/5 pokemon at a type disadvantage. 2 normal and 2 rock types against a fighting type gym, also the one who wasnt weak against fighting was Ouija, my haunter. Miltank proved to be ever so great in this gym and took out the Poliwrath with a little help from parahax.

We surfed back to Olivine, (Because the challenge doesnt supply any fun ones) and healed up ampharos and took on Jasmines gym. Onix had a field day with the magnamites, but once steelix came out, everyone else had a bad time. Onix ended up killing it after screeching a little bit and KOing it with dig.

We went East to Mahogany town and dealt with that dumb red gyrados. We destroyed team rocket in both the underground hideout, beat the ice gym having a slightly hard time with piloswine and defeated the radio tower. Really kicked team rockets ass. :)

I think I'm going to keep haunter a haunter instead of evolving it. Also, I haven't turned in one nugget all game so far, so really doing it without buying items, I figured I can save them right before the elite 4 and red. Almost to Kanto!!

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
And now for today, now with actual progress!
Spoiler:

TEAM:
Spoiler:

See you tomorrow!

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Update 4 - I beat Liza and Tate and went to Sootopolis, only to recall that I'd missed the whole Kyogre/Aqua thing.

I'm going to do that on my bus ride home tomorrow. I'm starting to get annoyed by dive though; as a move, Surf is far superior, yet I have to waste a move slot for it. Urgh.

Alas. I'm almost in the Ice Age. I've planned all of my teams for each age too.

I'll update after Seafloor Cavern.

Years
Hey everyone! I'm on my phone right now so I can't give a full update but I will say that I beat the challenge! I'll give the full rundown tomorrow when I get full access to the internet. Here are my ending party members:

Okay, I'm back! I'm going to give a small description of what happened during the pokemon league because I don't really remember my journey that well (and I'm doing homework).

Pokemon LeafGreen
Number of Badges:
8 and Elite Four defeated
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png
50px-Soul_Badge.png
50px-Marsh_Badge.png
50px-Volcano_Badge.png
50px-Earth_Badge.png

Spoiler:

Final Team:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
Update 5...
We plowed through the ice path like a bunch of piloswine, picking up waterfall on the way through. Once we hit Blackthorn City we scaled the mountain to fight any and every trained to get some good experience going into the gym battle with Clair. She's always been pretty tough, especially when you dont have a type advantage like I dont. It took some healing and maybe a revive or two, but we won and entered the cavern to be tested on our real pokemon training skills.

We passed the test, got the dragon fang and exited the dratini fest inside. Next up was to go catch Lugia! But we took a detour and whooped on the kimono girls first. We didnt spend much time searching around at whirl islands, we just took the quick route to Lugia and fired a masterball at it and dipped. I tried using ultra balls at first, but I wasn't tryna spend 2 hours trying to catch a legendary. I never use my masterball during real gameplay!

Off to Kanto we went and caught our final member of the team, Ponyta and named her Rush! She evolved quickly into Rapidash and after some nice grinding in Victory Road, we were ready for the pokemon league. Will was really easy as Sudowoodo and Haunter had some good matchups. Koga was defeated easily with some nice EQ's from Tauros and some Fire Blasts as well. Haunter had a field day beating Brunos entire team with Hypnosis and Dream Eaters. Then Katherine(I think?) proved to be pretty tough but Cedar and Lextank kicked some dark butt:)

Then Lance....
Sudowoodo proved himslef this match DESTROYING the competition with some rockslides!! Miltank too, that body slam wass terrific for slowing down those dragonites for me, and Tauros Intimidate really played a role too. We won!

Cedar the Sudowoodo and Lextank the Miltank share the MVP trophy for the Johto region, but Haunter comes a close second.

I've decided to evolve Haunter, just because it's time. And Onix..I'm thinking about finding another pokemon on our way West (East, to Kanto) because that base 50 attack isn't doin me too hot. And Steelix can suck it.

Years
Trainer Hass, Stone-age trainer of average repute
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Storm, Mineral, Rising, [L], -, -, -, -, -, -, -, -
Team:
ThylaLeos
Typhlosion, M, Lv60-65, Charcoal
Flame wheel, flamethrower, smokescreen, swift

Angel
Dunsparce, M, Lv65, Pink bow
Rage, screech, glare, pursuit
- <3

WrathClaws
Ursaring, M, Lv60-65, King's rock
Slash, faint attack, lick, fury swipes

Sun
Graveller*, M, Lv65, Hard stone
Rock throw, defence curl, rollout, earthquake

BurningRed
Parasect, F, Lv60-65, Quick claw
Slash, spore, giga drain, leechlife

NeedeSile
Nidoking, M, LV60-65, Blackbelt
Strength, surf, double kick, focus energy

I'm training them all to 65 right now, hence the general 60-65 thing.
Then we shall start on the Kanto gyms, having already completed the Kanto sidequests.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Just posting to tell you there's no update for today or tomorrow, I'm gonna be a bit pre-occupied with something.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2015
Well I finished the Challenge.
My adventures.
Spoiler:

I'll be doing another Challenge. Probably B/W and B2/W2

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Well I finished the Challenge.
My adventures.
Spoiler:

I'll be doing another Challenge. Probably B/W and B2/W2

... Holy crap.... That was fast. o.O

Years
Trainer Hass, Stone-age trainer of average repute
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Storm, Mineral, Rising, [L], Boulder, Cascade, -, -, -, -, -, -
Team:
ThylaLeos
Typhlosion, M, Lv69, Charcoal
pokerus
Flame wheel, flamethrower, smokescreen, swift

Angel
Dunsparce, M, Lv69, Leftovers
pokerus
Rage, screech, glare, pursuit
- <3

WrathClaws
Ursaring, M, Lv70, King's rock
pokerus
Slash, faint attack, lick, fury swipes

Sun
Graveller*, M, Lv70, Hard stone
pokerus
Rock throw, defence curl, rollout, earthquake

BurningRed
Parasect, F, Lv69, Quick claw
pokerus
Slash, spore, giga drain, leechlife

NeedeSile
Nidoking, M, LV69, Blackbelt
pokerus
Strength, surf, double kick, focus energy

I was wheezing in disbelief.
I just went to heal because all the pokemon that still had to get to level 70 still had no PP left... and I exited and Elm called and...
When the heck did everyone get that?!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
... Holy crap.... That was fast. o.O

A lot of Challengers play on emulator, and spam the speed up button. In that way a lot of people can beat the game within a day (or even a couple of hours). I don't do this though. I play on real cartridges.

Years
Update:
Medieval Challenge - Sapphire
Gym Badges: 8/8
Pokémon: Blaziken (48), Gardevoir (50) , Aggron(48), Claydol (49), Flygon(48), Sharpedo (48)
I caught Kyogre. I beat the last gymleader. Arrived at ever grand city and I'm training my team at the entrance of the victory road cave. I'm not defeating the trainers inside the cave yet. Just ordinary training on wild pokémon until my whole team reaches lvl 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back