• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add New Pokemon In 15 Easy Steps!

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
well you just replaced squirtle i was looking for how to add new pokemon without replacing any :|

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
EDIT: Well, problem solved. Seriously, use the Advanced Series tools to do this rather than PEP, SOOOO much easier.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still having trouble with the back sprite palette.
I've placed the palette offset in the "Shiny Palette" field in PEP to no avail, and Korronensu's solution on page 4 resulted in a prompt crash when I sent out my Pokemon. Could someone walk me through the process of changing the offset with RS Ball?
Otherwise, AWESOME tutorial!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2014
While I'm editing my sprite's pallete properties, it doesn't give me the option to define custom colors. What should I do?

mikekick

Shadow Ninja
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
those 25 "??????" are the 25 other unowns thats why custom pokemon using those spots have the cry.

davros99

pikazard
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2015
Thanks dude.This tutorial helped me a lot.But i don't get one thing:
661+10=671
From where you get those 10?
It doesn't matter where you got them from. You just add ten.

my code is too long for fsf. Please help me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Why won't Poke Edit Pro open? I keep getting an error saying: Run-time error '76':

Path not found

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
@Seth: follow the instructions carefully and you won't have this issue. It says not indexed because you didn't decrease the colour depth, switch the pallettes or copy the old picture onto the new one. Lacking any one of those three will cause the error.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I followed the exact instructions, yet am having the same issues Seth was having.. it gives me the Image is not indexed issue too. (I also tried adding a custom pokémon in another way, that gave me the same issue. Might be the program?)

Also, might I ask what the copying on top of each other is for? By copying the old one and pasting it over the new one, doesnt this just make a copy of the old one? I don't believe MS Paint has layers, or am I wrong?

(If it helps, I am using a Firered ROM-hack (Not that that should matter), and trying to replace 1507 and 1508 (chansey). What's weird is I can import the inverted version, but not the copied over version)

EDIT: Hmm, even when I use a program like GIMP to add a new layer, it doesn't work... very weird

Last edited:

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Good tut, but hard to decide when you have to replace Pokemon because the only ones worth replacing are weak . _.?

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
I had the same problem as others. "Image not indexed" but I could use the inverted image, which is no help. What version of Paint were you using, as I was using Windows 7 paint and I feel like that's where the problem lies.

Also, your image was only around 700bytes but mine was just over 2000. That can't be right...

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
For FSF and unLZ-GBA the download website that you linked is down, can you find another link to them? I can't seem to find them

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
Alright! This tut helped me a lot! I was able to add a custom pokemon from one hack to FR, I'm very pleased with that. But I have one problem: it was adding the back sprite for the pokemon. I used mew as a base for the sprite (along with the shiny pallet) And The front came in fine, however my first try to add the back with the regular pallet it looked all... trippy to best explain it. When I put the code for the shiny back (after reading through everyones comments) it came out better, but it was extremely albino looking. Any idea on how to make the little guy actually pink?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
When I try to import my sprite into unLZ-GBA it says that the image isnt indexed. Have I done something wrong

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
This is good, but I'm having problems. I was trying to add Honchkrow, but it said "ERROR: image is not indexed." Also, the sprite looks glitchy. Lastly, can you point in the direction of editing the cry?

Back