• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Dements

What the duck?
Years
Calvin Bastion

The attack directly hit the Kadabra even though it seemed to do little damage even being super effective. This stunned Calvin as he really expected a heavy blow to be dealt. The Kadabra though quickly retaliated with another Psybeam, but this one looked weaker than the last one. With it being weaker Calvin let the attack bash right into Larvesta. The Larvesta was thrown back from the attack to lie knocked out on the sand. Calvin's jaw dropped in astonishment not thinking the attack would be a knockout blow. Calvin quickly though picked his jaw back up returned his Pokemon and told the kid,

"You're not bad, but maybe next time I'll actually try."

Calvin then begins walking into town away from the battle towards a Pokemon Center.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Kyle Haden

The Larvesta took the attack directly and was knocked out. Kyle, and his Pokemon, did it! They won their first battle on the island. The arrogant kid looked stunned as he was going on about how he didn't try. He turned and walked towards town, most likely to the Pokemon Center Kyle thought. Kyle gave Tarot a fist bump and quickly chased the other trainer. It only took a few moments to get back to the trainer, at which point he matched his pace.

"Hey you're heading the same way as me and you're out of Pokemon, so you mind if I tag along? You know, safety in numbers and all that. My name's Kyle, Kyle Haden. What's your name?" Kyle asked energetically.

Dements

What the duck?
Years
Calvin Bastion

While Calvin walked away the kid caught up to him telling him,

"Hey you're heading the same way as me and you're out of Pokemon, so you mind if I tag along? You know safety in numbers and all that. My name's Kyle, Kyle Haden. What's your name?"

Calvin looked over at the kid as he walked next to him as he gave him this weird look almost wondering why he was with him.

"Calvin, Calvin Bastion is the name. Listen I don't mind you staying with me until we get to the Pokemon Center, but I'm not here to make friends I'm just only here because my parents sent me here. I don't want to be here at all I'd rather be back in the Unova continuing my adventure." Calvin says as he spots the Pokemon Center in the distance.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Looked like Mark stumbled across a small group of friends it seemed. Samantha was fine with being Mark's partner though. Len overheard that he would be going against a Cubone. This was a match to learn though of course... he didn't want to totally destroy the Cubone with his Belly Drum technique. This was all about the trainers right now. Kiki also approached Mark and introduced himself and Shawn.

"Hey there, I'm Mark. The purple guy on my shoulder is Snype, and that down there is Len." Mark said, pointing to his Poliwraith. Mark still was unsure of the point Ash would be getting across with this lesson but he supposed he would find out soon enough.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Beach

"Nice to meet you, Mark," Shawn said, giving an impressed eye to the Poliwrath next to him. How did he already have a fully-evolved pokemon? He didn't seem to be much older than himself. Rumors abounded about Team Rocket members somehow infiltrating the Academy...was Mark in with them? He quickly dismissed the idea, not wanting to fill his head with paranoia. Sammy's words stuck him rather oddly. He didn't expect to have her care for him like this. It touched him, though, and he smiled at Sammy. "I'll be ok. I can't let what happened stop me.", he told her, sounding more sure than he was. He heard Kiki asking who her partner would be and quickly turned to her, smiling, "I'll be your partner if you want," he said to her, curious about their lesson.

They were told to each pick a pokemon and move together with them during battle to avoid getting hit with any errant attacks. Sounds like fun, but the question remained: which pokemon would Shawn choose? Kiki was choosing her Rattata for the lesson, which he knew was tough and fast. He had to have a pokemon to either match speed with or to avoid getting hit. Since this was learning for both pokemon and trainer, this would be a good time to bring out his most recent addition to his roster. He quickly pulled a pokeball off his belt and released his pokemon, a Litwick he decided to call Pyra. She simply floated in front of him, looking around at the trainers and pokemon around them.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Kyle Haden

Both Kyle and Calvin could see the Pokemon Center. Kyle looked around and realized that they had reached the town before he even noticed it. I should really keep a better eye on my surroundings from now on. Well I guess Calvin can handle himself now.

"Well, I'm gonna go on ahead. I'll see you there then." Kyle said, as he ran off to the Pokemon Center.

Kyle rushed to the Pokemon Center and immediately went to see the nurse. He handed the nurse his Pokemon to be healed and decided to go talk with the locals while he waited. There were two men sitting at a table talking about some unusual occurrences in the forests near Oak Town. Hmm, sounds interesting. I should ask them about that forest.

"Hey, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation about strange things happening in the forest. You mind telling me more about it?" Kyle asked.

"Sure, but if you know what's good for you then you'll stay away from that ghost infested mystery. Recently a lot of people that go to this part of the forest," the man said as he points to a grey part of the forest on a map laying on the table. " Have disappeared. This all started when that part of the forest mysteriously died, which is also when the ghost Pokemon moved in."

The first thing Kyle could hear was ghost Pokemon. He immediately knew he had to go there. I wonder what kind of ghost live there. Maybe a Duskull, or even Misdreavus. Grandpa would love it here! Kyle completely ignored the warning the man gave him and started zoning out.

"Thanks for the info. Well, it's about time for my Pokemon to be ready so I'm gonna go now. Thanks again." Kyle said.

He walked back to the nurse and she handed him his healed Pokemon. The nurse handed him a report of what his Pokemon's level was and he noticed they had gotten stronger from the battle with Calvin. Perfect. Just what I needed for a detour before I head to the academy. He took a few steps towards the door to head out to the ghostly forest.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard - History/Mythology

Lucia frowned at Brian's face when she noticed he wasn't as.... well, learned as she was. But when one was taught privately by various tutors that always pushed one to be the smartest they could be... well, one tended to quickly mature and their understanding of the world matured as well. It was just a consequence of being a Bernavard.

Lucia blinked at the invitation and began to think quickly. Okay... an invitation. Well, Mark was his friend so no doubt Mark would be invited as well. Though sending pokemon? "Uh... well Brian. You have a unique gift of talking to pokemon, do any of your friends have that same ability? I know Mark can't, so wouldn't it be a bit harder for them to be able to talk to your pokemon? Imagine... hm, imagine a mute man who can't write anything because he is illiterate comes up to you and begins gesturing all about trying to tell you something. You wouldn't know what he was saying, yes? Unless he knows sign language, then you are not going to know what he is saying correct?"

She smiled weakly. "Brian, I will say you have an amazing gift, but not everyone has the same thing. I suppose the best thing your pokemon could do is to lead your friends to the meeting place." She thought for a bit. "Brian, who exactly is coming to this meeting?"

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sammy Cooper - Beach

She couldn't help but laugh as Kiki introduced herself and energetically shook her hand - the girl was a pistol! She seemed ready and raring to go, releasing a Rattata before Sammy had much chance to respond.

"Alright Shawn, if you're sure. Just holler if you need me," she responded before turning her full attention to Mark. Unclipping the pokeball from her belt she moved a little way from the others, enough so that the battles wouldn't interfere with each other, and opened the capsule. Energy burst out from it, coming together on the ground to form a timid looking Cubone hugging his club protectively.

"Hey Cubone, we've got a little sparring session. You up for it? I know you can do it buddy."
"....Cuuuu..." Cubone nodded uncertainly, staring at Len with wide eyes from behind his protective skull helmet.
"It's alright little guy, I won't let anything bad happen. Besides, Mark here has already promised to go super easy on you," she grinned mischeviously at Mark.

This would be her first real time working with Cubone against another trainers pokemon, so it was hard to say how things would go. His matching wasn't great against Marks pokemon, but he needed the training and sometimes fighting an opponent you knew had the upper hand could be a positive learning experience.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 30
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Eggs and Breeding 101

As Issac sat in his isolated seat waiting for the professor to show up, he started to doze off.
So... tired.

He crossed his arms across his desk and laid his head down on his arms. It wasn't long before the door swung open abruptly, causing him to shoot up real fast.
"Whaa."

Brock - Eggs and Breeding 101

Brock swung open the door to the Eggs and Breeding 101 class with excitement, walking in with a huge grin on his face and a folder in his hand.
"Good morning class!" He started as he scanned the room. "Mine name is Brock and I will be your substitute today!"

He placed his folder on the desk and opened it, pulling a sheet out of the pocket. "First things first, I will take roll. When I call on you, clearly state you are here then give me the name you prefer to go by."

He looked down at the sheet and started naming off students.
"...
Deallus, Gwen?
McGuire, Lucas?
Milke, Issac?
Reiki, Aaron?
..."

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Mana Murasaki
The Espeon girl
In Mr. Alta's class.

196.gif
471.gif

Mana sat down as mr. Arta told her that she had to explain why she was so late after clas. What should she tell him? Should she tell him that she was talking to Drake, the daycare man and that she totally forgot about the time? Yeah... that would be fine and it's the truth too. Damn... too late on her first school day, how embaressing. Atleast the other students didn't laugh at her. At the moment she took a look around the class she saw Kilik and Valorie. "Drake was right! They are even both in my class! no one could guess how happy Mana was right now. She smiled brightly as mr. Arta explained the assignment once again. His lecture was confusing... So she had to copy the "Pokémon Analysis" painting at the other side of the classroom and what then...? Mr. Alta explained futher.

Seems like she had to choose either Felicity or Fox to find more information about their kind. Hmm... She choosed for Felicity and trew her Pokéball up. A red beam released Felicity from her Pokéball and sat down on her desk. Mana started to copy the painting at the back of the classroom like she was told to do. Once she was done she saw how Kilik seemed to have troubles with the assignment. "Wait here, Felicity, seems like Kilik needs some help." Mana smiled at her Espeon and stood up to walk towards Kilik's desk. His face really showed that he didn't understood what mr. Alta said at all. She couldn't blame him since his explanation was pretty confusing. Mana leaned on Kilik's desk and greeted him. "Hello~ Need some help?" Mana asked her with a cheerful smile on her lips. This was the perfect change for her to become a little closer to Kilik and Valorie... Even though Valorie was a little busy at the moment since mr. Alta seemed to be interested in her.

Mana knew Kilik was going to say "no" but wasn't going to be tricked by that. "What mr. Alta tried to explain was that you have to release one of your Pokémon from his/her Pokéball and find information about his or her kind." Mana tried to find an example from one of Kilik's Pokémon. "Hmm... For example, Tentou is a Shinx." Mana opened the book she had under her arms and opened it at the page that explained the Shinx. "Mr. Alta wants you to write a page detailing as much about the Pokémon you choose." Mana turned around and pointed at the "Pokémon Analysis" painting at the back of the classroom. "But he wants you to copy that first." Mana said and turned back to Kilik.

Last edited:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Gwen Deallus - Attending class.

Gwen leaned idly on her hand and stared at the dust particles swirling in the sunlight beaming in through the classroom window. She had been sitting like this for around ten minutes, and the teacher; Lexi Styles, had not arrived yet. Pondering casually what could have befallen the teacher to cause her absence, Gwen found herself trying to picture the woman who she had never met.
Was she tall, tanned and athletic? Perhaps she was small, bespectacled and skinny like Gwen herself... Picturing the type of teacher who would specialize in 'Eggs & breeding' Gwen conjured up the image of a motherly looking woman in an apron, her hair tied in a tight bun and laughter lines showing on her face. However, the appearance that Gwen did not expect was that of a tall, dark skinned spiky haired and boisterous adult male. Yes it would certainly be strange if that was what Miss Styles looked like, however that was exactly who burst in through the door.

"Good morning class!" He called loudly as he crossed towards the front of the room. "My name is Brock and I will be your substitute today! He added as he reached the front.

Gwen straightened up, alert and attentive as a good student should be. Although Gwen was still slightly concerned about why Miss Styles had not arrived, especially considering the announcement about Team Rocket earlier that morning, she was glad that they had a substitute. She pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind as she heard someone call her name. Slightly confused as to why someone would call her name she focused on Brock, and realized he was holding a register and scanning the room expectantly.

"Oh, here!" Gwen called after a moment.

Megaman765

Years
Mark smiled and led Sammy off to a more open area that the other students had taken up. He assumed the teacher would be giving some more instructions but best to get prepared anyways. Or at least get acquainted with each other. Len walked alongside with Cubone and gave a friendly wave. Even Len felt like this was a very uneven matchup. But then again the last time he utterly destroyed another Pokemon weak to his type ended up evolving... but that was probably just luck. Mark looked down at the Cubone as well. He was always tempted to get one of those back in Kanto. He knew the history of the Pokemon and always felt bad for them. He was also pretty curious what they looked like without that bone mask... he wasn't crazy enough to find out though.

"Wonder what we're going to be learning this class? This seems to be more about the trainer then the Pokemon if I recall..." Mark said. He got into position and was ready for battle.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sammy Cooper - Beach

Sammy shrugged and got into position behind Cubone. From what she understood they were meant to try and avoid the other trainers pokemons attacks along with their own pokemon... but since they all knew that, they were going to have to try and hit the other trainer to accomplish anything. Come to think of it, Cubone's limited move pool didn't provide much possibility that Mark would be struck by one of his attacks. The only offensive move the little guy had was Bone Club, and Mark would have to throw himself right into the battle to have a chance of getting clocked by that.

"I think we should wait for a bit more instruction before we start, yeah? From the class title I had thought we were gonna actually fight each other, and then have a pokemon battle or something." She stretched her right arm across her body, grabbing her right shoulder with her left arm and twisting to her left, then mirroring the motion for the other side. Always best to warm up. "So, fully evolved, huh?" She grinned, nodding to Len. "Pretty impressive. Can't have been easy finding a Water Stone."​

Megaman765

Years
Mark nodded to Sammy. Seemed she was thinking the same thing when it came to the class. Maybe they would get to fighting other trainers later. Mark didn't have much experience with hand to hand combat but he has been in fights back in school before. He was picked on quite a few times and had to defend himself a number of times. All he had at the time was a Poliwag and at the time he couldn't really hold his ground. Len had grown since then of course.

"Yeah I was actually kinda looking forward to some hand to hand combat. I'd like to learn it somewhere along the lines. Maybe I'll ask the teacher for some tutoring later if I'm desperate..." Mark said with a shrug. "Hehe, Len here? Yeah I evolved him last night actually. It was a gift from a good friend of mine. I might see about returning the favor to her one of these days. Len's been looking forward to evolving for a long time and now he's finally hit his goal. I'm proud needless to say." Mark said. He took a look around at the class again.

"So, what kind of career are you aiming for besides being a Pokemon trainer? I've been looking into possibly working in a Pokemon Gym or something along those lines..."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sammy Cooper - Beach

"I know how to box, mainly, and a few mixed martial arts I've picked up along the way," Sammy said dismissively, as if these things were of no great importance, "but I like to learn more. I'll show you a little if you like, if the teacher doesn't do too much of that kind of thing with us. And that's cool, they must be a pretty great friend to give our Water Stones."

She smiled down at Cubone fondly, who seemed to be becoming gradually more comfortable with the concept of the battle once he realised it was just to practice. He was taking a few cursory swings with his bone club, getting a feel for the weight. He seemed quite young, but then again most Cubone did.

"None of my pokemon evolve by stone, but you never know what pokemon you'll end up with, huh? Same for career, really. Not got a clue! I'll just see where life takes me, you know? Kind of one of the reasons I came here, to figure out what I want to do. So long as it involves pokemon somehow I think I'll be happy. But I guess that's pretty broad, huh?"​

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Ryan Williams - Docks
Snover.gif
414.gif
-37_Vulpix.gif

-------------

Ryan adjusted his scarf around his neck, and stepped off the ship's stairs.

"Well, this is it, guys." he said, looking up at the huge building which was the academy. Vulpix, perched on Snover's head, yapped in agreement. Ryan walked up to it, looking in amazement at the natural surroundings of the island. Entering the building, he was immediately escorted by a Lilligant to the lobby. He took a seat, waiting for his name to be called out. He didn't have to wait for long, since he was practically the only one there. He was called out by the elderly secretary.

"Name, my dear?" she asked.
"Ryan Williams." he answered, smiling.
A few moments passed with the lady tapping words into her computer, and some files printing. "Ah, yes. You've been assigned to the Suicune dorm." she said, handing a pair of keys to the boy. "It's the blue one, to the far left."
"Thanks Miss... um..."
"My name doesn't matter, child. Now go off, and make yourself comfortable in your room. Classes are dismissed for you until tomorrow, so take you time, dear."
"Thanks!"

Taking the keys, he called Snover (who was carrying Vulpix) and Mothim, who immediately bounced up and perched himself on Ryan's shoulder.

After a few minutes of wandering around, he finally located the dorms. He looked at the two other ones.

"Those must be for the other legendary beasts, Raikou and Entei." he thought. "And there's the blue one. The Suicune dorm."

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Andrew 'Andy' Rede

All around him, Andy saw nothing but black. It wasn't darkness... More like... Emptiness. There was serenity here... Calm... Peace... Andy felt a strange feeling wash over him... Was this what safety felt like...? Whatever he was experienceing, Andy liked it... He felt at ease for once. Truly relaxed...

The relaxation was short lived. Andy heard from behind him something soft cry out. Turning to the source, he saw a break in the monochrome surroundings. It was small. Nothing more than a dot. A deep violet in hue, it seemed unremarkable at first, but then burst into an explosion of colour and noise all around Andy.

With that, Andy sat up in bed, panting heavily. What? How had he gotten here? The student took a few moments to gather his thoughts, then remembered what had come to pass last night. Pushing that out of his mind for now, Andy got out of bed, stretching his arms in tandem with letting loose a rather lengthy yawn. He felt like going for a walk. Where to though? Andy remembered one place above the others he'd seen yesterdy: the beach. Walking out of his room, Andy slung his bag over his shoulder, looking around at his dorm. Where was everyone? Andy shrugged, dismissing that train of thought. Maybe something was happening and he was simply out of the loop.

Andy stepped on to the beach, gazing around as he had in the dorm. This time though, he spotted familiar figures. Kiki and Shawn!! Andy ran towards the pair, slowing to a halt once his mind registered the presence of individuals he /didn't/ recognise. More friends, perhaps? Raising his hand into the air for a wave, Andy called out to the group.
"Hey guys!" he bellowed, a wide grin on his face as redoubled his pace towards them. What great timing this was!

Indigo Wave

The atmosphere in the school may have been calm enough, but that did nothing to soothe the nerves of one particular boy as he rushed through the halls towards his classroom, a half-eaten croissant in his mouth while he scurried from corridor to corridor. He hated this. In such a hurry to get to his class, Indigo couldn't even stop to tie his left foot's shoelaces. Swallowing down the last of his food within a few more gulps, Indigo halted in front of the door to his classroom. Pokémon biology, huh...? How scary could it be? Especially when you're late on your first day? Not terrifying at least.... Hopefully. Indigo took a deep breath and entered the room in the most dignified manner he could muster. Unfortunately for him, on his trip past the door and into the classroom, one of his wild shoelaces caught on the gap between the door and the floor as he took a step forward with that very foot, his body spinning him around and into the door, the impact of the door against his face making a sharp 'bang!'. Wordlessly, Indigo turned to his teacher, ignoring the searing pain he was feeling on his face.
"S-sorry I'm late, teacher... I-it won't happen again..." he uttered, his words filled to the brim with restraint, telling all of his efforts not to howl from the pain.

Megaman765

Years
Mark nodded. "Hey that'd be awesome! We can do it after class if we have time. I have another class soon after this one. I wouldn't mind learning a bit of techniques." Mark said happily. "Heh, yeah. I'm surprised she was so willing. I guess she felt bad for me or something after yesterday. That was a heck of a doozy... it uh... a long story..." Mark added.

Len stretched his muscles a bit as he was still getting used to his evolution. His legs were much stronger then they were before and he could feel he certainly had plenty of muscle.

Mark chuckled to Sammy's next comment. "That's kind of why I came here too. Working in a Gym is just one interest but to be honest, I want to be a Pokemon Trainer and challange these gyms myself one of these days. I attempted it once before but fell short due to my inexperience. But now I've just about gotten a full team! " Mark said.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Lucas McGuire - Raikou Dorm - Lucas's room

Rolling over in his bed, Lucas finally wakes up from quite a deep sleep. He looks around and realises that he is in his dorm room and that he can't remember how he got to his bed. He rubs his eyes and looks around his room to see Aipom and Heracross sitting around the room talking with an Aron.

He looks at the Aron and wonders why this metallic Pokemon is in his room. As he rubs his head he touches a bump underneath his hair. "Ouch!" Lucas cried. The pokemon all react to his noise. Aipom hopping on the bed and cheering, Heracross makes a clicking noise with it's mouth and Aron clangs it's paws together. "Hey guys, weren't we with Kayla and Holly? Where'd those guys go and how did this Aron follow us back?" As he continues to feel around the bump's swelling the memory comes back to him.

Plain Field - Flashback

"Aipom! What did you do to that Aron!" Lucas shouted as he ran over to his Pokemon. Aipom hopped up and looked at Lucas who tried to convince him that it isn't his fault. Kayla and Holly stopped walking and watched the trouble going on with Lucas.

"Aipom just apologise to this Aron, you disturbed it somehow." Lucas sighed. Aipom frowned and walked over to the Metal Dino and said sorry. Aron nodded and turned around as did Aipom, but Aipom's tail accidentally spanked Aron without Aipom knowing. Aron growled and slashed Aipom's back with a strong Metal Claw, pushing Aipom over. Heracross flew straight over to Aipom's aide. Heracross looks up striked Aron at a fast speed which didn't do anything. Heracross then proceeded to chip at the Ore's body. Again not doing anything, the Aron generated a small charge of energy and fired it at Heracross which made the ground, spawn rocks that caught and held Heracross motionless. Aipom ran over and struck the Aron with a Focus Punch from above. The Aron had then fallen to the ground. Lucas stepped over to the Aron and picked it up, he had realised it was heavier than expected but he put his back into lifting the Aron above his head to calm it down. Suddenly it slipped and ~ THONK!!

"So that's what happened..." Lucas shuddered. He watches the Aron stare at him. The Aron grew fond of the trainer. Even though Lucas hasn't bonded with it at all, let alone caught it yet. Lucas pulls over his backpack and lifts out an Empty Pokeball. "Aipom, Heracross, do you think Aron should join us?" immediately the third Pokemon nod. Lucas laughs and hurls the ball at the Aron activating the capture. Once the ball stopped rolling a beam shot out and scans Lucas's eye. After the capture he checks his Poketch of any school updates on classes. "Eggs and Breeding with Pewter City Gym Leader?!" Lucas jumps out of bed. Aipom and Heracross follow. "I wouldn't miss this class! Let's go guys!" Lucas returns Heracross to it's ball, gets dressed and him and Aipom run outside in attempt to find the class.

Username_9138

Camdyn Miller - Docks of Oak Town --> Outside Suicune Dorm
*~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~*

One, two, three, four, five. The metallic clang of his feet on the stairs off the boat was a bit less than comfortable (not to mention those of so many more milling around on the deck, passing him on their way down and running around on the docks with loud pounds), but he was fine. The Leafeon silently padded alongside him on the steps and made no noise, but was staring down the orange blur sliding down the railing. Jett, of course, paid no attention, and the Buizel just jumped down onto the docks after he had passed his two friends and waited loyally for Camdyn. Olive, on the other hand, bolted for the Pokemon as soon as his feet touched the concrete.

"Olive, stop!" he shouted, a little too loud for comfort, and looked around to see if anyone had noticed. It didn't look like anyone had, and he was glad no one was commenting. He hurried down to where Olive was frozen mid-pounce and crouched down next to her and her orange-furred comrade to lay down the law. "Olive, Jett wasn't hurting or disturbing anyone by what he was doing. I handle discipline; respect your friends and comrades." Camdyn turned his head to the now-snickering Jett. "This is your fault as well," said he, "for disrespecting the captain of the ship and for disobeying me." Jett and Olive bowed their heads in shame, and, now on common ground, had something to grumble about together. Their Trainer stood back up and said, "The academy is a fair walk away from here, so we'll stop in town and get something for breakfast."

After stopping in town, and (painstakingly) purchasing and eating breakfast for both him and his Pokemon, Camdyn set out for the academy with Olive and Jett in tow.

About forty-five minutes later, counting a few stops along the way to survey the surroundings, the trio reached the Academy campus. The dorms were there in front of him, but three-part reasoning kept Camdyn from entering a random building. One, he didn't want to abruptly discover he was in the wrong dorm; two, his key and school uniform were probably located in an administrative building; and three, he thought it would be polite to stop by and make his arrival clear to whoever needed to know. Since it was fairly well into the morning, he had assumed he was missing class, so he slowly jogged around what he assumed were the classrooms and found the building he was looking for. At least, that's what he thought; it had a formal feel to it compared to the rest of the academy, with glass double doors and a room that looked somewhat like a waiting room. There was a desk in there, and a somewhat elderly woman was getting up to let a somewhat younger man, maybe in his late twenties, settle into the chair. He looked up after he had settled and, seeing Camdyn through the door, waved him in.

Camdyn opened the door and walked in, Olive and Jett following close behind. Olive immediately veered off to the potted plant at one side of the room on a low table, disappointed to find that it was fake. "That one over there is real," the man said, seeing Olive's reaction and pointing to the potted tree in the other corner near the door. She perked up and pounced over to it, in almost pure joy to find a living plant in the building. The secretary turned to address Camdyn. "What's your name, young man?"

Camdyn looked down at the floor and replied, barely audible, "Camdyn Millor."

The man frowned slightly at hearing his first name. "I'm sorry, what was that again? Cameron?"

Camdyn looked up slightly and shook his head. "Camdyn," he asserted, a little louder. "C-A-M-D-Y-N."

"Oh," said the man. "Thank you." He typed in a few words, waited a few seconds, and typed in a few more. "Where are you from, Camdyn?" he asked as he printed out a schedule.

"Canalave City," he said as the secretary dug through his drawers to find Camdyn's room keys. The shuffling stopped as the man paused.

"Canalave City?" His head popped up from behind his desk for a second, then he regained his composure and continued rifling through. "I lived there a few years with my aunt. Have you spent a lot of time at the li--" the speech stopped as a drawer closed and Camdyn was handed his keys. The man analyzed the boy and continued; "Millor? Are you at all related to--"

"Yes; Vincent Millor is my father." The man let out a sigh, and grabbed a blue-lined jacket from a stack out of many behind the desk.

"Oh, well! I've always admired the man; you must know all of his stories? Reviews? Things like that?" The man handed him his jacket and schedule, commenting on the size of the jacket being about right, and continued, "What's it like having a father like him?"

Camdyn stifled a laugh and calmly raised his head and eyes. "Oh, he's not much the scholarly type you think he is. He's a bit of a clown, actually." The man seemed disenchanted by the comment, but he was still excited to have met Vincent Millor's son. "Also, I wanted to ask; I figured the blue dorm was Suicune, but I wanted to ask to clear it up."

"Oh." The secretary shook his head and sat back in his seat. "Yes, it is. You'll be excused from classes for the rest of the day to get settled in and familiarize yourself with the facilities and the island in general. It's relatively small, so don't be daunted by things like that. If you get hungry, you can head to the cafeteria any time you wish. Good luck here, Camdyn!" The secretary turned back to his work, though still glancing at the boy out of the corner of his eye to see if he would say any more about Vincent. He didn't though, and with a quick "thank you," he was off.

With Olive returned from paradise and Jett on the boy's heels, the three made their way back around to the dorms. Camdyn saw another boy there, shorter by far than himself, but attempted to avoid him, not to be impolite but because of his social handicap. He tried to walk around the blue-roofed Suicune dorm, but was afraid he was well in the line of sight of this stranger, not to mention he had put on his Suicune jacket and Olive and Jett were arguing, almost sure to attract attention. All Camdyn could do was hope.

Back