• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Choose You! *Starter Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
I Choose You!

*A Starter Pokémon Fan Club*

Easily some of, if not the, most recognisable Pokémon of the franchise, Starter Pokémon hold a special place in our hearts. The choice of a Trainer of which to choose can be tough, but once we set out on our journeys with our partners by our sides, bonds and friendships like no other are formed for life.

This club is for all those who adore the Starters, to discuss aspects from cuteness to stats, to share memories and speculate the future! It's not just the main series games and their Starters that will be featured in this club, but also the spin-off Starters, as well as looking at the anime, manga, TCG and merchandise!

Members:
Spoiler:

Trainer Classes:
Spoiler:

Partner Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Rules:
Follow all of PC's and Pokémon Groups' rules.
In addition to replying to topics, general chat, creative works or anything relating to Starter Pokémon are more than welcome at any time!
To join, simply pick your Trainer Class, choose your Partner Pokémon and complete the Sign-Up Form below!

Sign-Up Form:
Username:
Trainer Class:
Partner Pokémon (Fire):
Partner Pokémon (Water):
Reply to current topic:

Current Topic(s): Do you have any thoughts and/or wishes for the starters in Gen 7? Any predictions on what direction they're going to go with? What would you like to see personally?

Past Topics:
Spoiler:

Pokémon of the Week: Treecko

Past Pokémon of the Week:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username: Wiicked
Trainer Class:
image.jpg5_zpswyf0szye.jpg

Partner Pokemon (Grass): Treecko
Partner Pokemon (Fire): Charmander
Partner Pokemon (Water): Totodile

Do you always pick the same type Starter or do you choose whichever is your favourite in each generation?

When I played through Gen I-III I picked the Fire-type since it's my favorite type, but after that I picked my favorite one for each game. In Gen IV, it was Piplup, Gen V Oshawott, and Gen VI was Delphox.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I have been waiting for this club! It's been 3000 years, Spoony!
I love starters a lot so I'm definitely joining!

Username: Sun (I am changing it to this name, it's better if we use it now so it's gonna be less hassle soon.)
Trainer class: Male Ace Trainer
Partner Pokemon (Grass): Bulbasaur
Partner Pokemon (Fire): Torchic
Partner Pokemon (Water): Mudkip

Do you always pick the same type Starter or do you choose whichever is your favourite in each generation?

Reply to current topic: Despite being well known for a Water-type enthusiast, I pick different starters from each playthroughs. For example I chose Mudkip in Ruby, Torchic in Sapphire and Treecko in Emerald and similar to the other series. :D

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Sounds like fun.

Username: Laguna (Yep, I'm changing too)
Trainer Class: Pokémon Ranger
Partner Pokemon (Fire): Fennekin
Partner Pokemon (Water): Oshawott
Reply to current topic: I just pick whatever I feel like doing that particular playthrough. I've had runs with Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Totodile, etc.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Username - CharmedGardy

Trainer Class - Pokemon Ranger
Gender - Female (I play as the female character in the games if Available)

Grass Starter -Treecko
Water Starter - Squirtle
Fire Starter - Fennekin

Answer current topic - Whilst I don't tend to favour a particular type when it comes to starters I tend to pick the water starter on my first playthroughs my starters have been: Squirtle, Tododile, Treecko, Piplup , Oshawott, Fennekin

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
I'm in! :)

Username: VillageofDragons
Trainer Class: Scientist (male)
Partner Pokemon (Fire): Chimchar (my very first starter from Pokemon :))
Reply to current topic: See below:

I usually pick my favorite from each generation. In generation 4 it was Chimchar, in 5 it was Tepig, but in 6 it was Froakie :)

Years
Thanks for joining guys! Seems like Treecko is getting a lot of love so far!

I always pick the Grass Starter but to be honest I generally prefer the Water Starters! I guess its superstition or something but I don't think I could not choose Grass even if I hated it!

Village said his very first Pokemon was Chimchar, who was everyone else's? Mine was Snivy.

Reactions: Sun
Years
Username: Hikamaru
Trainer Class: Ace Trainer
Partner Pokemon (Grass): Snivy
Partner Pokemon (Fire): Chimchar

I mainly choose my faves, although coincidentally they are mostly the Fire or Water-type. I don't know why, but who knows maybe the next generation might finally see me choosing the Grass one more but we'll see.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
My first pokémon was Treecko back when I played Ruby for the first time, and like everyone else on their first playthrough that's pretty much the only thing I used. I think I caught a Wurmple, Aron and Electrike but I didn't bother using them at all.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
Username: Biogoji
Trainer Class:

Partner Pokémon (Grass): Bulbasaur
Partner Pokémon (Fire): Fennekin
Partner Pokémon (Water): Squirtle or Totodile (It's a very tough choice)
Reply to current topic: I use to pick every grass starter but then when I played Heart Gold I had restart because I lost my Pokewalker at School which had my Bayleaf on it and I picked Totodile instead and I liked it more than Chikorita and then in Gen 5 I choose Snivy and despite Snivy having a cool design I was a bit disappointed and liked Oshawott more so these days I choose which starter I like the most instead of which type I like the most.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Username: kingdenas
Trainer Class:

Partner Pokémon (Grass): Turtwig
Partner Pokémon (Water): Piplup
Reply to current topic: I usually pick my favourites, which usually are water-types! Sometimes I play with other startes when I restart a game, just to see its moveset, and to experience that Pokémon.

Years
My first pokémon was Treecko back when I played Ruby for the first time, and like everyone else on their first playthrough that's pretty much the only thing I used. I think I caught a Wurmple, Aron and Electrike but I didn't bother using them at all.

I pretty much still do that! The Starter just feels so special to me that I just want to use it all the time and only switch out if I absolutely need too. Except post-game when it's all about Heracross! :)

Welcome new members, thanks for joining!

Biogoji, I've given you Squirtle but if you want to change at any time just let me know, it's no problem.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
I pretty much still do that! The Starter just feels so special to me that I just want to use it all the time and only switch out if I absolutely need too. Except post-game when it's all about Heracross! :)

Welcome new members, thanks for joining!

Biogoji, I've given you Squirtle but if you want to change at any time just let me know, it's no problem.

I'm cool with that because after some deep thinking (Aka me getting a copy of blue) I have decided that I like Squirtle.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
Username: stest12 (it will be KetsuekiR once the username change thread goes into effect ^.^)
Trainer Class: Male Scientist
Partner Pokémon (Grass): Chikorita
Partner Pokémon (Fire): Fennekins
Partner Pokémon (Water): Froakie

Do you always pick the same type Starter or do you choose whichever is your favourite in each generation? I pick whichever is my favourite in each region. that being said, I rarely go for the grass type one! Grass seems rather a redundant typing in the normal game-play and grass types are relatively more common too!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Username: Venitardus
Trainer Class: Breeder
Partner Pokémon (Grass): Treeko
Partner Pokémon (Fire): Charmander
Partner Pokémon (Water):Froakie
Reply to current topic:
I choose which ever looks the coolest in design or sometimes, but not often, by type. I usually switch between fire and water every generation (i.e. Charmander for gen 1, totodile for gen 2, Ect. ) but there are some generations like generation 1, 3, and 6 where I like all the starters (though I do like 1 over the other 2 (until megas came out)). But I usually go with the trend of switching between Fire and Water type starters with the occasional Grass starter.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 1, 2022
Username: Embernight
Partner Pokémon (Grass): Snivy
Partner Pokémon (Fire): Charmander
Partner Pokémon (Water): Mudkip
Reply to current topic: I always go with my favorites, unless it's Johto. I just can't decide who I like the best out of the three. They're all so great. Next time I play in that region I'm going with Cyndaquil though, because I went with Totodile in SS and Chickorita in HG.

Years
If you haven't already, check out the Feedback thread for details of an Event planned soon for the Club Section! If anyone would like to represent this club you are more than welcome and we will all cheer you on!

Reactions: Sun

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Well, my favorite Pokemon of all time is currently a starter... so why not? Let's see if I can stay active here.

Username: Arylett Charnoa
Trainer Class: Scientist (Female)

Partner Pokémon (Grass): Snivy
Partner Pokémon (Water): Oshawott

Reply to current topic: I used to always pick the Grass-type regardless of situation. It usually made me rather unique as a lot of people disregard that one in many generations for some reason. But the reason I did so began with my very first starter, Chikorita. I knew I wanted a Growlithe in my game, so I couldn't pick Cyndaquil. And I didn't want to be locked into a single Water-type as there is usually a large variety of them anyway. So I went with Chikorita. And ever since then, I've found the Grass-type is typically the better choice anyway. There aren't really many Grass-types I enjoy in most regions, nor a huge variety to choose from.

This rule was broken when I picked Fennekin in my Y version, due to the fact that Braixen became my favorite Pokemon ever and I just HAD to have it. However, I will probably continue my tradition of Grass for the next gen.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Username: Dedenne1
Partner Pokémon (Grass): Turtwig
Partner Pokémon (Water): Oshawott
Reply to current topic:
I mix it up usually whichever one is cutest or suits my needs like if i want a shinx in diamond (which i always do) im going to either have piplup or chimchar then narrow it down further to see if i want any of the water types or fire types in the region instead of the starters.

Pokelovar

*Rushes to catch legendaries*
Years
A starter club? This is definitely sounds interesting!
Username:
Pokelovar
Trainer Class:

Partner Pokémon (Grass):
Bulbasaur
Partner Pokémon (Fire):
Cyndaquil
Partner Pokémon (Water):
Mudkip
Reply to current topic:
I always choose the starter which I like the most the first time, and after completing the game with it, I go with the other starters, so that I can always have a different team and a easier/harder time with the gym leaders and elite fours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back