• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
Pic_2-1.png

Pokemon Pyrite is now complete! Download link available on the Youtube Trailer.

Approximately 20+ hours of gameplay!
Announcing, Pokemon Pyrite, a brand new game using Poccil's Pokemon Essentials Script for RPG Maker XP.

Storyline: A young boy by the name of Silver decides to join the ranks of Team Rocket. In order to become a Team Rocket member, Silver had to choose one of three genetically engineered Pokemon to defeat a Team Rocket officer. Upon defeating the officer, Silver is granted membership, and must aid Giovanni in taking over the region of Kyushu. The Kyushu region is directly west of Johto, and later in the game, Silver will need to venture there on missions. You will learn of Silver's origin as the game progresses.

Intro Quest: You begin within the Team Rocket Headquarters in the Kyushu region where you select 1 of 3 kanto pokemon that had been genetically engineered. After you select a Pokemon, you are sent to the town of Selentear to steal a Kyushu region starter. They are Pinino, Tanuchi, and Skiddlish. After you steal a pokemon, you are challenged by Red, who tells you that stealing is wrong and battles you. After you kick his ass, you go back to the headquarters to inform the commandant of your progress. You later find out that Giovanni still works for Team Rocket and wants to speak to you after you obtain your first gym badge. This is the basic intro, more will be announced as progress develops.

~New Region featuring over 50 custom Pokemon, created by my sprite artist Rocko-the-Taco on DeviantArt.

~Animated Pokemon on Battle Screen

~Fully Orchestrated Soundtrack

~Custom Starter Pokemon, Pinino, Tanuchi, Skiddlish. Grass, Fire, and Water respectively.

~A Bug Catching Contest, same as in PkmnGSC

~Custom Evoutions, Evolution by unhappiness, by item held and leveling (without consuming the item :) )

~Pokemon from gens 1-4 will be in the game, plus custom pokemon leaving a grand total of 544.

~Partial Kanto and Johto regions will be in the game.

~A Touhou Style Minigame

~Triple Triad

~Slots

Screenshots:

capture000.png

capture001.png

capture002.png

~New Pokemon in the game:
494.png
494-Sannec Ground

495.PNG
495-Servune Ground-Evolves from Sannec

496.png
496-Skeletank Ground/Fighting-Evolves from Marowak

497.PNG
497-Fabricat'd Fighting/Flying-Evolves from Farfetch'd

498.PNG
498-Spectreon Ghost-Evolves from Eevee when unhappy

499.png
499-Pernade Grass/Fire

500.png
500-Althund Normal, Semi-Legendary

501.png
501-Hammole Ground

502.png
502-Miamole Ground/Fire, Evolves from Hammole

503.PNG
503-Pinino Grass, Starter

504.png
504-Appoiera Grass/Fighting, Evolves from Pinino

505.png
505-Pinhombre Grass/Fighting, Evolves from Appoiera

506.PNG
506-Tanuchi Fire, Starter

507.PNG
507-Tanorchi Fire, Evolves from Tanuchi

508.png
508-Tanukula Fire, Evolves from Tanorchi

509.PNG
509-Skiddlish Water, Starter

510.PNG
510-Kuttler Water, Evolves from Skiddlish

511.png
511-Krakapten Water, Evolves from Kuttler

512.png
512-Puffish Water/Poison, Evolves from Qwilfish

513.png
513-Buzzkaw Normal/Flying

514.png
514-Condire Normal/Flying, Evolves from Buzzkaw

515.png
515-Vultame Psychic/Flying, Evolves from Buzzkaw under special conditions

516.png
516-Amphugly Water/Poison

517.png
517-Keroking Water, Evolves from Amphugly

518.png
518-Pumkid Ghost/Grass

519.png
519-Jakolan Ghost/Grass, Evolves from Pumkid

520.png
520-Kerope Psychic, Mew Equivilant

521.png
521-Valhallow Ghost/Fighting

522.png
522-Calfarce Normal, Evolves into Miltank/Tauros depending on gender

523.png
523-Gyrobe Electric, Evolves from Electrode

524.png
524-Loukace Bug

525.png
525-Pyrant Bug/Fire, Evolves from Loukace

526.png
526-Burnant Bug/Fire, Evolves from Pyrant

527.png
527-Pupple Grass

528.png
528-Wolvern Grass/Dark, Evolves from Pupple

529.png
529-Werevine Grass/Dark, Evolves from Wolvern

530.png
530-Amnest Dark, Evolves from Absol when unhappy

531.png
531-Ourobore Normal/Dragon, Evolves from Dunsparce

532.png
532-Pricthos Water/Rock

533.png
533-Icthorn Water/Rock, Evolves from Pricthos

534.PNG
534-Chemur Normal

535.PNG
535-Desindri Normal, Evolves from Chemur

536.png
536-Peafruit Grass/Flying

537.png
537-Peaflaunt Grass/Flying, Evolves from Peafruit

538.png
538-Kumorisu Electric/Flying, Evolves from Pachirisu

539.PNG
539-Kubluhkhan Normal, Evolves into Kangaskhan when happy.

540.PNG
540-Absent, prevolution of Absol, evolves when happy.

541.png
541-Steevia, Grass/Normal

542.png
542-Gambelie, Normal

543.PNG
543-Zephereon, Flying, Evolves from Eevee when unhappy

544.png
544-Xiades, Dark/Dragon, End Game Legendary

Support Bars:
userpyritepinino.png

http://www.freewebs.com/thesynergist/pkmnPyrite/userpyritepinino.png
userpyriteskiddlish.png

http://www.freewebs.com/thesynergist/pkmnPyrite/userpyriteskiddlish.png
userpyritetanuchi.png

http://www.freewebs.com/thesynergist/pkmnPyrite/userpyritetanuchi.png

Quick Patches:
Fix for Victory Road Teleport: http://www.mediafire.com/file/76ltnmle478h605/Map312.rxdata
Fix for End Game Reveal Bug:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7nbcec74xim8cto/Map476.rxdata

Last edited:

Fail-Z

Yeah, I'm a profile buzzard.XD
Years
This looks great! Good luck. Want me to make you a userbar or a support bar? For proof of my work look at the userbars in my sig. I made all of them =) Just send me a reply in a PM I guess XD

Last edited:

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Cool you get to be part of team rocket I always wanted to play
the bad guy it gets boring playing the hero all the time.
The screen shots and videos look great cant wait to play good luck

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
...My game is called Pokémon Pyrite D: Urgh, I suppose that I should've posted it or someone would steal it's name.

Well anyway, this looks pretty nice. The starter fakemon need a little work, mostly on their hightlights and a bit more contrast between shades. But it also clashes with Pokémon Acanthite, who also follow the story of Kamon/Silver. I don't suppose it matters much, it's just interesting to see that you have Silver JOINING the team which in GSC, he hates. I will wait to see your explanation as this game progresses. Good luck.

thepsynergist

Years
I googled the name and looks for days, and found nothing, so I figured it was fair game. The reason behind the name is because Pyrite is Fool's Gold. Perfect for a character from the GSC series. It also kinda gives away the plot, so I won't spoil you. Sorry, bud.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
Lookin' coolies, Jeffy. Can't wai-

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait...

Hammole eez not ze fighting-type! There's a few other mixed-up types as well (Miamole, Peafruit, Peaflaunt, Amphugly, Pricthios, & Icthorn).

thepsynergist

Years
I haven't been on for a while because I am doing lots of stuff, and this site is really internet intensive. I still have dialup so expect me to check up and update this page prolly once a week.

Edit: Hammole is the ground type and Miamole is ground/fire, sorry for the confusion...:P

Speaking of which, here's this weeks update. I am currently one route away from the 3rd gym leader in terms of map making and pokemon appearances, trainers and such. The gym leaders are as follows:

First Gym-Rock Leader: Janie
Pokemon: GEODUDE Lvl 11
SHUCKLE, Lvl 12
LARVITAR Lvl 14

More later as i post it.

thepsynergist

Years
Update-July 6

All right, its been a week since I have last updated the project. I just want to say that currently i am at the 3rd gym leader in my game. I have about 3 hours of gameplay at the moment if you hurry and don't train. So, I think this game will be worth playing. Now on to the update.

~Music:
Most of the music is complete. I plan to host the soundtrack on megaupload when I sort out which i believe should be in my game. All were composed by me in FL Studio 8. They are remixes of the older pokemon music, mostly from Gen II. Gen III is used, but the majority is second Gen.

~New Pokemon
I have some more pokemon that I have further implemented.
-Kubluhkhan, Prevo to Kangaskhan. Sprites are up on my DeviantART account name: thepsynergist.

~Deeper Storyline.
Currently I have Silver, whom has lost his memory after his escape from the Mask of Ice. He wants to work for Team Rocket, so he enlists and quickly becomes an officer. After he captures Celebi for Giovanni, Silver is asked to train somemore. He meets Lance after the 2nd Gym Battle and he tells Silver that he knows about the Mask of Ice and about Silver's past. He agrees to tell Silver after he gets his 3rd gym badge. When he goes en route to the 3rd gym town, he runs into Blue and Green who begin to tell him about who the Mask of Ice is, and asks for his help. Silver finally agrees after Green presurres him. He learns that Red has had his memory erased as well, and that is the reason that he has been hated by Red ever since the insident at Selentear Village, home of the 3 kyushu starter Pokemon. Green doesn't like this, but Blue is understanding. She understands that Silver would want to be with Team Rocket. Silver soon learns that the Mask of Ice, head of Neo Team Rocket, is going to be at civil war with the original Team Rocket, headed by Giovanni. Silver tells Blue and Green that he will help them, but continue to aid the original Team Rocket, so not to draw suspicion. Currently this is the progress I have made since last I made an adiquate update.

I hope this is a good update, I will continue to update as more progress is made. Please continue to support Pokemon Pyrite.

thepsynergist

Years
Update- July 13

~I'm in the process of making the gyms more interactive, sort of like Pokemon Platinum did.
~Fully animated Pokemon Center, the pokeballs on the healing station count one by one, rather than all at once like before, plus the PC's glow on when used.
~In the process of creating the battle animations...gezz why hasn't anyone else done this...?

Like I said before a demo will be available by the end of July.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 19, 2009
I just saw the 1st demo. Its not bad. I think the team rocket thing is great, finally, not a pokemon trainer! My new game is surely not about trainers. Its cool you can play a villain.

Cant wait to see the game!

thepsynergist

Years
Tuesday Update:
July 21, 2009

~Fixed the fishing animations, now the fishing sprite changes depending on your facing.
~Finished about 1/8 of all the battle animations.
~The soundtrack, composed by me, is finally complete.
~Mask of Ice overworld sprite finally complete.

The demo of the game will be posted by the end of the month as promised. I will put either a megaupload or some other site for upload.

thepsynergist

Years
Update July 31, 2009

~Demo Version 0.1a now available for download. See first post for details. Scroll down to bottom of post to go to download links.

hamguy4456

Heracross fanatic
Years
Wow, this looks great! The backsprite for silver looks really good! I also like how you put the sunglasses on squirtle, very clever.
Looks like it's gonna be a great game, and you're progressing pretty quickly it seems. Good luck :)

Back