• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doronjo's got an EVUL plan! (5th Gen OU)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT: Filled with lightning and whatnot!

"Gee Doronjo, what do you wanna do this time?"
Saaaame thing as I always do, plan take over the world~!

--->One is a GENIUS~
376.png
~The other's INSANE~<---
149.png

...And that's all I have for an intro. Its been like what, 1 year since I posted my last rmt? @__@ Well, I guess you can say I'm a little rusty making teams... :> BUT, HERE GOES:

----

149.png

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner-Focus
EVs: 184 HP / 56 Atk / 236 SAtk / 32 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Super Power
- Roost

Prooobably there are better leads than Dragonite, BUT, it does go against a few leads pretty well; except probably Deoxys and Sazandora maybe; BUT, I usually don't stick around in those anyway.

Despite Salamence existing in the tier as well, Dragonite's main niches are his impressive bulk, and Superpower. I have little need for the Speed when I rely on Dragonite to tank hits from Rotom-A, Poiltoed, Heatran and occasionally Gengar. The EVs help with this - as I'm not invest in in Speed I can afford to be slow and invest in bulk instead. However, it still nets a lot of 2HKOs that I would get anyway.

Draco Meteor is the main move of the set, battering through bulky Waters that stop Gliscor. Flamethrower and Metagross, Scizor. etc. Superpower is for steels, as well as flamethrower. I may switch to Earthquake, although this leaves me more vulnerable to Balloon PKMN.

EVs look strange, but really they're the old standard Mixnite, minus the Speed and it all thrown in HP. 32 Speed outruns Skarmory, even with the negative nature.

----

212.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

I've always had a soft spot for Scizor ever since Gold, but Bullet Punch really turned him around. Scizor is currently in the team purely to revenge kill, but his bulk is sometimes useful, again to regain momentum, force a switch and deal some damage.

Now, the standard ol' Scizor; the main reason I chose this, is because priority moves helps out ALOT against things like...Verizon or Sazando; even Latios! At least in this team. I preferred the choice band version, since U-turn is pretty cool whenever I want to scout for something. It also kind of goes well with Dragonite; since steels help out Dragons pretty good because of their typing helping each other out.

----

376.png

Metagross @ Iron Ball
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Trick
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

A somewhat strange thing, but it serves a few roles. Firstly, its a brilliant lure for Skarmory, Bronzong and Rotom-W, turning them into easy pickings for Gliscor. Secondly, if they don't have Skarmory, he can become a great counter for Tornadus, Thundurus and Gengar, all of which can't 2HKO him without a boost. Thirdly, he can lure in Infernape and Special Defensive Ninetales, take a Fire Blast and hit back with Earthquake. Always fun.

The standard set runs 252 HP / 252 Att, but I found that to only be useful in 2HKOing Skarmory, Rotom-A and Bronzong, all of which Gliscor can do. By maximising his special defensiveness he can also function as a great check to some of bigger threats of the game, and a great switch into Latios' Draco Meteors, something I've had problems with in the past.

The other moves are simple - Trick to swap items, Meteor Mash for STAB, Earthquake for Steels and Ice Punch for Thundurus and Gliscor. I've used Choice Band with this spread for a bit to cripple other things, but the ability to remove Skarmory from the match is too hard to pass up.

----

472.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Att / 148 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Gliscor fills a few roles before sweeping - he's my main Fighting resist, Dory counter, main Physical wall and status absorber (not Scalds!).

On the offensive, this thing is hard to stop once his checks are removed as he is too easy to set up. Effectively Gliscor can heal 50% of his HP over 2 turns of getting hit, like using Roost every other turn, except I'm immune to status. Plus his massive Defence, and I can easily set up Gliscor on a lot of common PKMN.

I might change the EVs a bit to give more Speed or more power - right now its set to outrun Agilty users looking to outrun Scarf Jirachi - probably not common anymore but I can outrun things which outrun Tyranitar. The rest is to bulk out his Defence - some Special Defence might not be a bad idea as this thing is now so common people stick HP Ice on things to deal with him.

The minor investment means I can 2HKO +3 120 HP Conkeldurr with +6 Earthquake. But please tell me if there's a better set for this. D:

----

Spr_4p_479W.png

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Very good against things like Infernape. And also my main switch in against Gyarados and Jellicent. I'm running Volt Switch on this, so that I can easily get the momentum against Latios, Latias, Virizion, Celebi etc, etc, switch ins, and send in Scizor or Metagros; hey, maybe even Dragonite, orrr... whatever I feel like switching in. Sometimes, I'm just like "eh" I'll go for a Hydro Pump, usually it hits a stray Tyranitar, and I can also use Will-O-Wisp for extra support. I looove the fact that Rotom-W isn't a ghost anymore; no more pursuit worries. <3 Though the fighting moves still hurts a little.

----

381.png

Latios @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Another Infernape check, mostly a clean up pokemon, or hit and run; whatever I decide to do with it, I was thinking of running Psyshock for hitting Blissey pretty hard, buuut Surf and HP Fire, its too good of a coverage. And recover is just there to heal the LO recoil, or anything extra.

----

And well, that's it!
YOU'VE READ MY LATEST RMT EVIL PLAN!!

Hope its not too terrible a team, annnnd yeah. xD

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
IIRC, Superpower is illegal on Multiscale Dragonite, due to the move being a Gen IV tutor and the ability being a Dream World ability. If you want to use Superpower, use Inner Focus. You can also consider ExtremeSpeed to pick off weakened opponents.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Use Inner Focus on Dragonite with superpower over extremespeed.

I'll come back later for a rate, just wanted to say that.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
It's not. Multiscale is always always always preferable.

To be honest, the only lead Dragonite set I would ever use is a CBNite. It can take literally anything short of a Specs Latios Draco Meteor, Mamoswine Icicle Crash, or Haxorus Outrage (and I think another CBNite Outrage, too) - thanks to Multiscale. CBNite puts you in a fabulous position to begin with because it is insanely powerful and can live through whatever the opponent throws at you to begin with, really. CBNite also gives you incredible priority and a decent check to things like Volcarona. I remember seeing a decent mixed Lead set for Dragonite but I don't remember what it is and I can't find it, though I know it definitely wasn't what you have up there.

149.png

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Speed
Adamant Nature (+Attack, -Special Attack)
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw / Brick Break / Waterfall
- Extremespeed

The reason for so many slashes: Dragon Claw offers a non-locking STAB move so you can finish things off without forcing yourself to stay in, Brick Break OHKOs Max HP Tyranitar (which none of your other moves can do ;-;), and Waterfall is a wonderful secondary option in rain and could be used if you see rain a lot. Waterfall and Fire Punch will 2hko (or OHKO) most steels in the weather of choice.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I second CB Nite for a lead. I'd go with Brick Break on it since I feel like you have this weakness against sand.

With that, I'm going to suggest CB Bronzong over...maybe Metagross. Offense and Sand beat this team and Zong checks them very well. It beats Latios, Thundurus, Excadrill, Landorus, etc better than Metagross.
That's my only suggestion for now. I'll come back later.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
aaaaaaaaaaand that set, since it's non-standard, is:

442.png

Bronzong @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Def ; 0 IV in Speed
Brave Nature (+Attack, -Speed)
- Gyro Ball
- Trick
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Gyro Ball is your spamming move of choice; it does upwards of 80% to things like Excadrill, even through the resist. It'll mash through tons of stuff. Trick helps break stall and is really nice to catch things like Skarmory with, locking them into one move and taking away recovery. There was one match I had that I predicted a Gliscor switch-in so I used Trick to steal their Toxic Orb and prevent them from getting recovery since they never got poisoned, and later on I tricked the Toxic Orb over to a Chansey and stole their Eviolite, and then tricked their Eviolite over to Skarmory and stole their Leftovers. Trick is a super useful and underrated move, for sure. Earthquake provides solid coverage and lets you hit things like Heatran on the switch. Zen Headbutt is primarily for Rotom-W, although you can experiment with that slot if needed.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Is Inner Focus better on a Lead Dragonite? I can try; I've been wanting Superpower on it as well anyway. @___@

I'd honestly just use the CB set Vrai suggested; the only reason I said to use inner focus was because standard lead Dragonite needs Superpower; brick brak is too weak for lead Nite. CB is generally a better lead though.

Back