• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
My question regards EV training.

I'm going to stop at Gamestop tomorrow to get the shiny Palkia.

Is it possible to EV train a level 100 Pokemon that has never been in a battle and how?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
My question regards EV training.

I'm going to stop at Gamestop tomorrow to get the shiny Palkia.

Is it possible to EV train a level 100 Pokemon that has never been in a battle and how?

Yes it's possible to EV train a level 100 Pokemon in Gen V, just like any other lower leveled Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Is there any changes in the normal EV training process for a level 100?

The training method is the same, only that is it doesn't level up anymore.
Note that there are several facilities from Join Avenue in BW2, or some medicine like variety of wings as well as Protein, Calcium and more to help you.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Hey guys. What's a good moveset for a mixed Zoroark with Hasty nature? Its defenses are already bad, and it raises its speed, so I don't think it's a bad nature.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey guys. What's a good moveset for a mixed Zoroark with Hasty nature? Its defenses are already bad, and it raises its speed, so I don't think it's a bad nature.

Here's the most commonly utilized mixed Zoroark set:
-Dark Pulse/Night Daze
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower/Grass Knot
-Sucker Punch
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Take note that Sucker Punch is one of Zoroark's egg moves, and it's really crucial in a mixed set, so if you don't have Sucker Punch, you can always go for a fully special set:
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
Nature: Timid/Hasty
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash

or
-Dark Pulse/Night Daze
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower/Hidden Power (Ice)/Grass Knot
-Trick/U-turn
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
The training method is the same, only that is it doesn't level up anymore.
Note that there are several facilities from Join Avenue in BW2, or some medicine like variety of wings as well as Protein, Calcium and more to help you.

Continuing this question. When Eving a level 51, or higher. Does the ev trained poke still get those stat boosts when reduced to 50?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't think so. If your Pokémon is ever reduced to level fifty, your EVs would still be there, just like at any other level. d: Your stats would definitely be lowered, though.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2014
There was a problem with your Pokemon and they could not participate

I'm trying to battle quick match on the wifi but when I entered it gave me this message :

searched somewhere and found out it's caused by hacked pokemon but all my pokemon are legit
I only changed my pokemon's IV's , got the moves by myself , so does the EV's and nature
and i've tried verious pokemon and none of them work....
I just can't go to wifi battles
can anyone help me ?

Years
Why can swanna learn ice beam but not blizzard

One answer could be that it's simply because Swanna is not an Ice-type. Lots of Pokemon can learn Ice Beam but Blizzard is one of the most powerful Ice-type moves so it seems to be reserved for less Pokemon.

Plus it looks like Swanna was made for Rain Dance sets as it not only learns Rain Dance but Hurricane as well.

On a similar note, does anyone know a good team for a Snow Cloak Beartic? I'm trying to take advantage of this ability since I doubt I'll be getting the DW version any day soon. I'm already considering my Naive (Speed+, Sp Def-) Abomasnow since it summons Hail on the switch-in.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
On a similar note, does anyone know a good team for a Snow Cloak Beartic? I'm trying to take advantage of this ability since I doubt I'll be getting the DW version any day soon. I'm already considering my Naive (Speed+, Sp Def-) Abomasnow since it summons Hail on the switch-in.

Maybe a set using Substitute & Focus Punch would work best. When behind a substitute, it's more likely that the enemy will miss at least one attack. You could also use sub and set-up moves such as Swords Dance and Hone Claws.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
One answer could be that it's simply because Swanna is not an Ice-type. Lots of Pokemon can learn Ice Beam but Blizzard is one of the most powerful Ice-type moves so it seems to be reserved for less Pokemon.

Plus it looks like Swanna was made for Rain Dance sets as it not only learns Rain Dance but Hurricane as well.

Most Water Pokemon are able to use Ice Beam; some non-Ice Pokemon even get Ice Beam, like a bunch of Normal Pokemon.

Like Boilurn said, SubPunch Beartic is your best bet for a Snow Cloak version:
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Icicle Crash
-Night Slash/Shadow Claw/Toxic
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 172 HP/252 Atk/84 Spe
Item: Leftovers

Years
I'm trying to battle quick match on the wifi but when I entered it gave me this message :

searched somewhere and found out it's caused by hacked pokemon but all my pokemon are legit
I only changed my pokemon's IV's , got the moves by myself , so does the EV's and nature
can anyone help me ?

You admit to hacking your pokemon... And wonder why it's not letting you battle online?

Am I missing something here?^_^

Years
Not really sure I would use Icicle Crash. I admit it's a strong move, but lately I've settled for Ice Punch since it's only a little weaker with 100% accuracy. Does the small gap in power make a big difference? Sometimes even one miss makes the difference in battle, which is why I'm a little cautious towards Icicle Crash.

Abomasnow is in the UU tier, and since most of the time I play Rotation Battles on Wi-Fi, would you say Azumarill and Chandelure make good teammates? Chandelure could help in absorbing Fire moves and Azumarill's Thick Fat could help alleviate the damage in case Chandelure faints. In turn, Abomasnow could take on Ground and Water moves (to compensate for Chandelure's weaknesses), and Grass and Electric attacks (for Azumarill's).

Beartic's in the lower tiers, but seeing as there is a set that allows it to take on Ubers, I'm sure it won't mind anything higher than Rarelyused. Of course, the above team suggestion is just that: a suggestion. What would be some good teammates for Abomasnow and Beartic? I'm sure Chandelure is up there thanks to Flash Fire but I want to hear what everyone else thinks.

PS: SubPunch sounds like a good set. I'll try it out.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
You admit to hacking your pokemon... And wonder why it's not letting you battle online?

I know right? They answered their own question -- they modified the IVs, which was technically called editting.
Editing IV, nature, applying illegal moveset, giving egg moves to a caught Pokemon all fall in this category, as they do not match with the PID number.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Not really sure I would use Icicle Crash. I admit it's a strong move, but lately I've settled for Ice Punch since it's only a little weaker with 100% accuracy. Does the small gap in power make a big difference? Sometimes even one miss makes the difference in battle, which is why I'm a little cautious towards Icicle Crash.

Abomasnow is in the UU tier, and since most of the time I play Rotation Battles on Wi-Fi, would you say Azumarill and Chandelure make good teammates? Chandelure could help in absorbing Fire moves and Azumarill's Thick Fat could help alleviate the damage in case Chandelure faints. In turn, Abomasnow could take on Ground and Water moves (to compensate for Chandelure's weaknesses), and Grass and Electric attacks (for Azumarill's).

Beartic's in the lower tiers, but seeing as there is a set that allows it to take on Ubers, I'm sure it won't mind anything higher than Rarelyused. Of course, the above team suggestion is just that: a suggestion. What would be some good teammates for Abomasnow and Beartic? I'm sure Chandelure is up there thanks to Flash Fire but I want to hear what everyone else thinks.

PS: SubPunch sounds like a good set. I'll try it out.
Sometimes the extra power of Icicle Crash is better.

I'd say that Chandelure is a good teammate for hail teams in general because of Flash Fire.

Rapid Spin support is also crucial for Hail teams because of their Stealth Rock weakness.

Edit: Azumarill MUST use Huge Power as its ability, as its Attack is VERY weak without the ability. Thick Fat isn't worth considering for it. The next best Thick Fat candidate in UU is Snorlax.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

can anyone help me ?

Have you, by any chance, bred any of your Pokémon with one that was hacked? If you have, then that might be causing the issue. If you haven't, then unfortunately, I won't be able to help you. Sorry. :(

I think what he was trying to say is that all of his Pokémon are legitimate, and not hacked. He just can't seem to use them in any online battles, though.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Hey guys. What do you think of Cloud Nine Altaria? Do you think it has use?
Any moveset recommendations that involve special moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back