• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best or Worst Year For Videogames

How Did this year do for videogames?

• Best

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • It was OK

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • This year could have been alot better...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Worst

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
With the year slowly drawing to a close, how do you think this year has been for videogames?

I personally think that this year has been incredible, countless new and good games for Gamecube, Xbox, PS2, and Gba such as new Final Fantasy titles, Pokemon Colloseum, Ninja Gaiden, and others. Even now in December there are more to come.

November really impressed me with the large amount of games that came out, really good games came out for all consoles.

Pokemon Master #1

BILLIE fanboy.
Years
Best or worst year for videogames.

I wouldn't say it was the best year for videogames, but I wouldn't say it was the worst year either!

SulcataIxlude

Ibrojiini Hii'shan
Years
I thought this year was great for video games. Some of my favorites that came out this year were...

Pokemon Colloseum
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Metal Gear Solid III: Snake Eater
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Ladre
Jax III
Grand Theft Auto III: San Andreas
Consle version of Alien Hominid

and many more that don't come to mind as of now

The Archaic Adept

Master of Ages Past
Years
SulcataIxlude listed some great games. Other games that came out this year that kicked *** were Halo 2, Fable, Need for Speed Underground 2, Gran Turismo 4, etc, etc...

Yeah, this year was pretty **** good, I have to admit.

OH YEAH! How could I forget! Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green!

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
Mmm, pretty close to "best"
It was definitely a year for sequels though, good sequels.

Halo 2
Half-Life 2 (Yes! Counter-Strike Source!)
Metriod Prime 2
GTA: San Andreas

Just to name a few that I took note of.

Last edited:

aaaaaa

Doom 3 came and went.
San Andreas provided us with the best grossing day of the past ten years, since this store opened.
Halo 2 came..and went, like a premature ejaculation.
And now we're hit with the three prong attack of Evercrack 2, World of Warcraft and Half Life 2. It's a good year for gaming, yeah, I think so. No big RPG's of note, though.

Burne Starcofski

The RPG Wanderer & Ghost
Years
I'd say it's a great year, the best I've seen. Besides all the games that came out, the new DS revolutionized technology, (My parents were amazed at all the features Nintendo crammed into that tiny thing!) Although it could have been better with another sequel to my favorite game, it was the best I've seen!

Hibiki-san

Total NonStop Attitude
Years
Was so-so really. Paper Mario SUX though.... Was really disappointed with it.

San Andreas!
Pokemon Colosseum!
Fire Red and Leaf Green!
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes!

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
a1337a said:
It's a good year for gaming, yeah, I think so. No big RPG's of note, though.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2.:D Sequel to the 2003 Game of the Year.
I say this year was the best year I've seen for games. Not only was there many great games that came out, there was also non-sucky movie games. Movie games, in my opinion, did better than any year before by not sucking. I say that's pretty good.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Kip-kip said:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2.:D Sequel to the 2003 Game of the Year.
I say this year was the best year I've seen for games. Not only was there many great games that came out, there was also non-sucky movie games. Movie games, in my opinion, did better than any year before by not sucking. I say that's pretty good.

I agree last year and this year, movie games seemed to be very popular almong the companies that make them. But since then games like Spider-man 2, and LOTR seem to be doing really well, and not just something to make more money off of as soon as the movie came out. Unlike the Hulk...

Back