• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Somebody Liiiiikes You~

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Simple. How do you feel when someone likes your posts? How many likes do you have? Etc.

Truth be told... even though I only have 14 likes... I feel like a total BAMF every time I get one. Even when I accidentally gave one to myself...

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
If someone seems to like my post, I'd be honored. But out of those posts I make, some people appreciate it while some just don't. Different tastes.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I don't think I've had a post liked, but eh, I'm not too bothered with the amount of likes I get. I'm not really a person who says much.

Years
I supposedly have 43 likes but I reckon around 10 are just me liking my own. When someone likes my post I FEEL LIKE A BOSS! Well it depends on who actually likes the post as well. If it's some randomer I don't know then the feeling is a bit meh. If it's someone I know then I feel pretty good. If it's someone I know and I have dat respect for them as a person, THEN I FEEL DAMN GOOD!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I don't feel anything. It's not like post comments where people actually have something interesting to say about the nature of my self-conduct. The feature doesn't exist as far as I care.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I.....really don't care if someone likes my posts. I don't even know how many likes I've gotten so far. So yeah...it doesn't really matter that much to me. xD

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I guess it's nice when someone likes one of my posts, although it doesn't really mean all that much. Generally I'd prefer some sort of idea of why they liked it, i.e. via post comments or VM or whatnot, a bit like Cassino said. Still, I think it's cool that my post left enough of an impression on someone for them to show their appreciation for it. Including one of my own posts which, iirc, I liked accidentally (I don't do this btw - if I didn't like my own post then I wouldn't post it so it seems kinda dumb to like my own stuff), I've had 51 likes so far, to answer that question.

Years
I don't care for how many likes I have at all. It's nice when someone appreciates your post for whatever reason though, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get that number higher. Didn't ever think of checking how many I had until I saw this thread. XD;

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I admit I check quite frequently as to who has liked my posts, lol. It's fun! I like seeing whether people have enjoyed my post, although I appreciate the frankness of the post comment system just as much as the like system. I suppose I should say that I do care, but not very much at all. As I said earlier, the like system is fun, I enjoy it.
At the moment I have.... 57 likes on my posts, with good ol' Livewire personally doing half of them, lol.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Is there any way to tell how many likes you have? I didn't know you could do that other than looking at each post separately. lol

Maybe I've just never gotten any likes, I dunno.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm obsessed with checking my likes. I wanna be liked dammit! :( But I'm too lazy to go check right now haha. Last I checked, I had 17 I think and I just noticed one of my posts was liked in another thread, so I'd say there's at least 18 by now. I'm happy someone likes my posts though, cause it's nice to know who agrees with me and likes what I have to say, cause often times I feel like I make no sense. So when someone makes sense of my nonsense, it's gratifying!

Edit: Thanks to the people that liked this post so far. I'm very flattered even though you probably did that just to see if I'd come back and honor you all. You're still honored anyway. Let's go out for lunch sometime!

Edit 2: ...did my likes disappear because i edited my post...what

edit 3: NVM WE COOL

Last edited:

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I'm just glad there isn't a dislike button. It's the worst thing when you're on a forum and someone has decided to give you bad rep without giving you a chance to explain yourself. Not that we ever talk about anything controversial on pokecommunity.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I honestly don't care about how many people like my posts, but meh, I'd be flattered if they do.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I have about 4 Likes I think though I havent checked. Im usually surprised when I get likes because Im curious as to why they liked it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It makes me grin slightly when someone likes my posts since they're either agreeing with me or finding me funny so that's always a good thing, but I don't really care how many I get or if I get any. I just don't really see the point in them tbh, but they're still a cool feature to have in the background for a bit of fun :3

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I like the likes. Especially when it is from someone I know or on a post I put some effort into.

But I do like that post comments have... uhh... comments? Seriously, "XYZ likes your post" VS. "Absolutely superb post. You are definitely one of the more reasonable people on PC." I'd take the later one

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
When somebody likes my post, it envelops me with a warmth from within.

Personally though I'd prefer that people give me post comments. They are my favourite part of PC! :D

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I prefer post comments, but likes are nice too. However there will always be both people who will agree and disagree with your posts so I don't give it too much concern. The feature is cool though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I thought this was going to be about the feeling you get when someone tells you that someone likes you... :(

When someone likes my post and I notice, it makes me feel successful. Then that feeling goes away after a few minutes and I usually forget who it was that liked my post. I prefer likes to post comments, but I think part of that is because I prefer VMs to post comments even more. I don't talk to very many people here these days, so just the social interaction alone would be enough for me.

Back