• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monitor problem

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
I have been using the Wii U as my browser since last week. That is because my computer monitor isn't working.

It all started last week when I turned my computer on. My monitor flickered a bit, and was black. The light was green (as in the power light on the monitor), but i couldn't see a thing! Yes, the monitor's plugged in! What should i do?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Did you check if the monitor cable (the blue or white cable) is plugged in correctly? It could be that the cable stopped working.

Years
Is this an LCD (flat panel) monitor or a CRT (tube screen) monitor? There's a chance that if it's an LCD monitor that the monitor itself is dying, likely due to a bad capacitor in the monitor itself.

Also, if it's an LCD monitor, do you hear a slight hum coming from it?

Years
Chances are your monitor is probably dead, likely due to a blown capacitor.

Does the power light on the monitor stay on, even if the picture doesn't come up? And if you leave the monitor running, is there any foul smell that comes out of it?

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
i don't know.... I remember that i got the PC in 2004 Christmastime, and the monitor worked during its long life

Back