• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Play pokemon ruby/sapphire then deposit/withdraw pokemon and you will know what i mean. I really dont feel up to it seeing as this is only the battle system.

Anyway, I have just finished the coding for withdrawing pokemon, i need to sleep now but i will do the deposit side next then i can finish the pokemon capture part of the battle sytem.

DM could you PLEASE do the pokemon selection screen for our battle???? I am so tired and i know you can do it with the correct graphics and stuff. You are also good with CMS's and that is basically what the pokemon selection screen is. if you are going to do it then I will just add the finish of it later, like the actual change of pokemon. with varables and stuff. I just need the screen and CMS type thing.. I have way too much to worry about without mucking around with pictures again. I will do the item system, I just need the graphics of the background at the correct size.. I have the bag picture.

thanks in advance :tired:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Yeah, sure. You can send it my way, or I can do something seperate and send it to you so you can copy and paste stuff, but I think it'll be best if you send it to me.

Years
could you do it seperatly and send it to me? please? I have completed the automatic pokemon capture system, now it goes to your box, all that is left now it deposit. I also still havent done the name/hp thing yet, it will be done soon but the PC system is more important at the moment.

then I will concentrate on the item screen after I have modified DM's pokemon selection screen to work with the party pokemon. DM or someone, what should I do about the picture of the pokemon in the selection screen? you know the little .gif looking thing? I was considering making charasets of the pokemon in the selection screen but that would take far too long! I am not sure what to do.. maybe we should do what they did in pokemon red/blue/green with the little icon of a water pokemon which is used for all water pokemon and same for psychic/rock/fighting/etc.? what does everyone else think?

You know we still don't have a name for our game?

I'm up to about 80 variables so maybe just start at 100 ok?

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
what should I do about the picture of the pokemon in the selection screen? you know the little .gif looking thing?
are you talking about the little sprite of each pokemon next to their names? If so I could probably get them all but it could take a couple of days as there is so much to do. just let me know if you want me to do it.

Years
phoenix316 said:
are you talking about the little sprite of each pokemon next to their names? If so I could probably get them all but it could take a couple of days as there is so much to do. just let me know if you want me to do it.
You are such a champion. That would be so good if you could do it!

Ok I have finished the deposit part now guys, we have a fully operational Pokemon Storage System, There was a huge bug I found where it messed up your name but I fixed it now. I will start work on the item system soon but I have to go to school now. See you all in the afternoon!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Congrats Meerkat! What would we do without our talented lead programmer ;)

I may not have time to work on the PKMN select screen until this weekend, unfortunately :(

BTW, think it's time to have a new poll?

Years
aww shucks.. Thanks for the positive comments DM, I have now put in the sorting system for the box withdraw/deposit thing, It had a few bugs but now its all good! Now whenever you withdraw a pokemon, the variables of the pokemon in the PC are replaced by the next pokemon's varables. etc etc. Same for depositing pokemon.
I would be glad for you to do the pokemon selection on the weekend, whenever you're ready.

In case some people don't know there is only space for two pokemon in the PC so far, since this is only a demo sort of thing I didn't see the point in more. If you want more (which you probably will) you will have to add them yourself.

Ok now I am going to work on the HP thing because I can't start my work on the item system because I have no graphics. If ANYONE could post a picture of correct size for the background, I would be VERY thankful!

I hope you can get all the sprites pheonix, it would be a great help.
Anyway now I am off to do the HP thing.. Also Enemy HP if I feel up to it.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
okay i've got them all and most of them are in order however some are a bit scrambled. if the zip doesn't work here i'll have to upload it to my website.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
It worked! That's awesome work! Nice job! Sweet... Thanks! *let's see how long I can go on like this* Very cool. Awesome job! Perfect! Very Cool! *okay, I'm done*

Time to work!

Years
Ahh! Thanks! I found the site that hosted them once but I lost them.. Awesome, now we will be able to put em in the pokemon selection screen!

DM, How is that comming? Good I hope :) well anyway, I have to go back to ripping some sprites. Then I will have to muck about with pictures *sigh*

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I hate mucking w/ pictures...

Anyway, I have most things thought out, just gotta apply it in RM2K3. Not too much practice... I'll have a busy weekend this time around, so don't expect too much :/

Years
That's quite alright, do it in your own time.

It's not so much hard, its just so long. If I want to put in another displayer for our name then I will have to change each letter of the name (6 letters) and then each letter of the alphabet for that part of the name.. uhh makes me tired jus thinking about it!
I am about to piece together the picture which the name is displayed on, because the rip cuts it into little bits :( then I will do HP then I will do the name

Years
Umm.. Hello, I havent been able to do very much lately because of all the moving I have been doing.. I am also very tired and will wait for DM to do the pokemon system. I need a break sorry, I cant work that much because starting friday, I have block exams. I think schoolwork is more important than programming.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
it looks like everybody has exams now. I've just come back from a 2 hour geography exam. Anyway there's no rush, while everybody is busy with schoolwork they wont have much time for programming as well.

Last edited:
Years
well I would be glad to code new pokemon in the game. there is a few problems though.. like we need the back and front pics of pokemon... and any other animations we might want to include eg. the little anim for crystal, when the pokemon come on screen.

You know what I would like to see? A pokemon game with completly new pokemon in it and no old ones. like for g/s/c they had the equivilent for bulbasaur, charmander, and squirtle which were cyndaquil, totodile, and chikorita... but they still had bulbasaur, charmander and squirtle included. I would like to see a game with totally new pokemon and no old ones.
anyway thats just my opinion, im not sure what everyone else would like to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back