• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another two teams to rate

PokeTerra2011

Elite Guard: Commander General
Years
Okay, I once again have two teams I'd like the community to rate. This time around, I'm not asking whether each team is better than the other, although you CAN and are welcome to say so, but this is just my A team and my B team (which will be developed soon) for competitive battling that I would like assistance and suggestions on whether they are good or need improvement. Also as a side note, I tried to spread out the gens on each team (i.e. not use 6 pokemon from sinnoh or unova)

A Team

Infernape - Mixed (Special) Sweeper
@Expert Belt
~Naive
-Flamethrower
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot

Braviary (Sheer Force) - Physical Sweeper
@Choice Scarf
~Adamant
-Brave Bird
-Superpower
-U-Turn
-Rock Slide/Trash

Scizor (Technician) - Revenge Killer
@Choice Band
~Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-X-Scissor/U-Turn
-Pursuit

Electivire - Mixed Physical Sweeper
@Expert Belt
~Mild
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Wild Charge
-Flamethrower

Salamence - Mixed Wall-Breaker/Special Sweeper
@Life Orb
~Mild
-Dragon Claw/Dragon Rush (bred him in Pokemon Black so no outrage /sigh)
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse (consistant damage, reliable)/Draco Meteor

Starmie - Special Sweeper
@Choice Specs
~Modest
-Surf/Scald/Hydro Pump
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Thunder Bolt
-Ice Beam

B Team - Sand Team

Garchomp (Sand Veil) - Physical Sweeper
@Choice Band
~Jolly/Adamant
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Tyranitar - Physical Sweeper
@Choice Scarf
~Jolly
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Brick Break/Pursuit

Excadrill (Sand Rush)
@Life Orb
~Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor/Shadow Claw

Magnezone
@Choice Specs
~Modest/Timid
-Thunder Bolt
-Flash Cannon
-Volt Switch
-HP Ice/Fire

Swampert
@Leftovers
~Relaxed
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Scald/Roar

Metagross
@Air Balloon/Life Orb
~Jolly
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Putting the EVs for your Pokemon would be helpful.

Team 1:

Infernape: Sometimes Flamethrower's power isn't enough, so you can use Overheat or Fire Blast instead. I personally use Fire Blast since it's the medium between Flamethrower and Overheat. (EVs should be 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe)

Braviary: If you're using Sheer Force, use Rock Slide. (EVs should be 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe)

Scizor: Use U-turn if you're using Choice Band for scouting. (EVs should be 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe and the ability should be Technician)

Electivire just isn't cutting it this generation. Eelektross could be a better alternative:
-Wild Charge/Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot/Brick Break
-Dragon Claw/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Naughty/Rash
EVs: 252 Atk/212 SAtk/44 Spe or 212 Atk/252 SAtk/44 Spe

A Mild nature pretty much ruins Intimidate's usefulness. Use a Rash or Naive nature with:
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake/Brick Break
-Dragon Pulse (since you bred it in Gen V)
Nature: Rash/Naive
EVs: 116 Atk/216 SAtk/176 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Starmie: Use a Timid nature and Surf or Hydro Pump/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Psyshock. (EVs should be 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe)

Team B:

Garchomp: You can probably fit in Swords Dance somewhere on Garchomp (over Dragon Claw) so it can hit harder

Use Pursuit and Fire Punch on Tyranitar.

Years
For Braviary, Thrash isnt too great, as ghost types can easily take advantage of this and set up. Return is a much safer alternative, while having only slightly lower power.

For infernape, i personally prefer this set:

Infernape- Focus Sash
~Nasty Plot
~Fire Blast
~Close Combat
~Grass Knot

However, if you still want to use that set, stone edge isnt reliable, and doesnt really serve much purpose except for dragon-flyings and gyarados, in which case, hidden power ice is a much better alternative

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
with you A team,

it is quite good, but still seems defeat-able. I think a good wall pokemon could mess you up or anything faster and harder hitting. with these guys the moves are predictable, and thus can be avoided or countered.

Also, i feel that any pranksert pokemon with mess you up with priority status so T-wave and and other crippling status move could mess you up some. And i don't see a way for you to really fight them off...

im a double battler and i don't see to much synergy among this team.
so im assusing it's more of a singles team so i wont knock you for that.
my grade:

C+

Maybe throw a support member think of a wish support pokemon if its singles team. power is not always the answer. :/

=====

B team,

i can see the synergy weather (pun haha) its a singles or doubles.

really you have to worry about grass and water turning your sand into a swampy mud pit... also if sunny day team that is grass focused could prove to be problematic too.
and if a fighters hits your T-tar your sand is gone. Think of a a back up sandstormer

since you team is themed i can't say much on the weaknesses since they are obvious. but i feel this team is a bit more powerfull but can be dealt with by good trainer

my grade

B
====
the set i would choose since you have some pokes with extra moves

Braviary
-Rock Slide

Scizor
U-turn

Salamence
Dragon claw unless you have accuracy boosting item.
dragon pulse unless you have white herb for draco.

starmie
surf for power scald to cripple. (i keep getting burned my scald on my teams haha)
and maybe go with psychic. unless you know the status of alot of pokemon

garchomp
go with jolly

t-tar
B-brake unless you can see the switch really good.

excadrill
go for x scissors for the grass pokes

magnazone
make it timid
go with HP fire for the grass again

swampert
Roar would be fun to use on those stat stackers. but it really either or for me with scald

metagross
id say thunderpunch for waters
or if you feel fine about that and want more power go with zen headbutt.

i hope this helps :D
happy training

Last edited:

PokeTerra2011

Elite Guard: Commander General
Years
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your advice and believe me I'm taking them to heart. I rebreeding my Salamence to be Rash and as Nashton was hinting to, my team IS a singles team and not a doubles or triples team. My sand team will be singles, doubles, and/or triples. The my "synergy" between team A is that they can cover each other's weakness rather well and my Electivire with Motor Drive can easily take an electric attacks that could harm starmie and if sum1 use prankster priority T-wave, Electivire ALSO gains speed boost from that which will set him up for sweeping.

Back