• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Tournament of Life [T] (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Julyanne "Julian" Eigis

Julyanne adjusted her cap, clearing her throat to speak. Who knew talking like a boy is so tiring? "So, you want to save the city then? Are you prepared to pay for the cost? It's not only our life that we are risking here."

She turned back to look at the door where her sister quickly hid behind when she noticed that Julyanne saw her eavesdropping. "If we fail, the organization will not only grow stronger, none will longer stand against them when we are gone. Let's say we succeed, we beat them back. The organization will know our faces, will be more prepared, and the next time we face them we'll be in their hands. No matter what happens, going there will be a win-win situation for them."

Julyanne took a breath, glancing down at a Chansey handing her Cleffa's Pokeball. Thanking the nurse, she resumed her speech.

"These people are smart, when they see a threat, they will retaliate. We must be a step above them and prepare fighting as a group. We aren't vigilantes, we are an officially recognized group assigned to keep the criminals at bay, but that is only possible if we don't die." She accidentally raised her voice at the last word, silencing and attracting the attention of the passers-by.

What she said actually weighed heavily in her chest, these things are taught to her back at home, to look at the big picture. Minimalizing causalities in the end for abandoning a city. Ends doesn't justify the means, but it is the most logical solution.

She tried to regain her composure, but failing as it seems to even be obvious to her little sister, who was tugging at her pant leg.

"Look, think of this as Poker." Julyanne knelt and and carried her sister. "We fold now, we get a better chance some other time. Call all our chips, we can lose everything. When we win..."

She stood, staring at the boys with a frosty glare that made several nobles back down. "They will know our hand."

Years
Gau was hoping he wouldn't be drawn into a conversation so decided instead to remain silent, he knew he would go regardless, that's what his life was now and he was prepared to die for his purpose. He glanced at Willow and the newer arrivals trying to read their expressions but they were unusually blank. He was going to have to say something

"Surely you realise that some of us are going to die, it is something that we can't avoid. I'm prepared to die for this cause and anyone else undertaking it should be too. I'm going regardless but this early in our journey our best hope is to ambush whichever life-keeper as a team." Gau paused for a minute before adding "I barely know you guys but I'll die for you if it is necessary."

After that he was done. He had nothing else to add, all he could do is watch the others and see how they felt. He was hoping Julian would not strain his voice arguing any further, he assumed that was the reason for the obvious strain. Gau really didn't want to say any more on the matter and stepped backwards from the group, leaning lightly on the closest wall. He wondered how his Teddiursa would feel about his decision.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Willow stood in silence as she watched as each member stepped forward, even the homeless boy whom now introduced himself as Ike became involved.

Willow knew where everyone was coming from, even Julian whom seemed to stand alone in this argument. But the fact of the matter was that they were going to have to face this life keeper, no matter what.

"We'll work as a team alright?" Willow said in a quiet but sure voice. "Discussing this is only wasting time and we were chosen to do this. We knew the risks before the professor even gave us the life meter and we still accepted. This is the price we pay. Yes, we are gambling with our lives here but we don't have another option. We use our numbers against our opponent, we'll wear them down. Sure it means sacrificing points but we'll gain much more from doing so. As far as the other life keepers will be concerned, we'll just be the fresh meat that got lucky with timing."

At this, she fell quiet, staring down at Jinxsy whom sat in her arms. Julian was right. This was a foolish move. Waiting it out would be the wise choice, but time was something they didn't have. Goodness knows how many people were suffering right now.

"Not to mention we have one more advantage." She began again, looking up from her Pokémon with a still gaze that swept around the group. "We are new trainers. This isn't a bad thing as some might think. We are still learning. We aren't cocky, we are adaptive. No one knows what type of trainer we'll really be in the end. Heck no one will know what we'll be like a week from now. We can't show all our own cards if we don't even know what they are yet. They won't know what to expect and that's what we'll use. Make them think we are one thing, then use the opposite. Keep them guessing."

Whether this was a good idea or not, Willow had no idea. But when at last her mouth closed, she simply met the gaze of the group with a steady look. Her face unchanging, even though her grip on Jinxsey tightened slightly.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Julyanne "Julian" Eigis

Julyanne turned away from the group, sighing irritably. She kept quiet for quite a while thinking, before addressing the other trainers.

"Fine, fine. You want to go and save them? Then go."

She let that statement hang in the air before turning back to them.

"But you won't be going out like that." The girl-disguised-as-a-guy eyed their outfits. "Let's go to the mart. I have a plan."

"Ever heard of the False Flag Operation?" Julyanne grinned mentally. There are times when she just has to let go and let fate decide her course. Still, she's not going to do that until there's one thing she controls that can turn the tide.

'And oh boy, am I going to have fun with this. That'll teach them to ignore my hints.' She thought as she headed to the PokeMart

Years
Gau was grateful that he wasn't going to be forced to say much more, he much preferred watching others to taking action himself, not to say he wasn't prepared to take action when it was needed. He felt frustrated with Julian, he was going to have to keep an eye on him, and find some time to talk to the nut-job who sprinted all they way from Jubilife.

He listened as the other trainers gave their views, he was particularly curious as to why they had all more or less skated over his statement about some of them dying but he would have to wait and see. Perhaps not talking about it made them feel more comfortable.

The conversation died down a bit after Willow had pointed out the unique advantage only beginners such as themselves possessed, that was definitely going to come in handy in the early days of their journey. That was when Julian mentioned something
"Ever heard of the False Flag Operation?"
He didn't remember much about it but had read about it not too long ago. He was fairly sure it involved someone acting as a decoy, he didn't remember much else though it had been a boring book. He voiced his familiarity with it in a short sentence
"I don't know it well, but I have read about it before" he then returned to his previous position, watching the other trainers. They really needed to get moving.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Julyanne "Julian" Eigis

Julyanne stopped to look at Gau when she heard what he said. One can almost see the "what." on her face as her half-lidded eyes, stared at him.

She opened her mouth to speak, to say that the False Flag Operation is not a book. To say that the False Flag operation is a tactic used by strategists. To say that he and her are on completely different pages, no pun intended.

"Ah...-"

But her voice failed her. She couldn't bring herself to correct him. The physical pain is almost too much that she just turned away to continue on her way to the mart.

The heck with it. Let them think what they want. She's going to have her fun misconception or not.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Willow glanced at Gau as he spoke to Julian, before her eyes narrowed at Julian's retreating back. There was an air about that boy that just didn't seem to fit. Shaking her head to remove such ideas from her head however, Willow forced a nervous grin upon her lips. Reaching up, she fingered a twig which still lay in the red tangles of her hair before tugging it out and dropping it to the floor. Nothing else to do and so far Julian seemed to be the only one whom had a plan.

"Wait up." Willow said, glancing at the guys before starting after Julian. "Whatever you have planned, just make sure we can do it quickly." At this she then waved to the guys. "You coming or not? Unless one of you guys have a better plan?"
Following this, she then turned her back to the group and began to trail Julian, this time not looking back to see if they were following or not. Even if they didn't, Willow just felt a cold certainty that it wouldn't be the last time they would see each other. After all they were all working to the same goal. At this thought however, the girl's heart became heavier.

That's if we all make it.
This though hung in her head like a dense choking mist as she strode after her company, her steps weighed down with the promise of a grim feature.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
It's like I am invisible.. Ike thought to himself in discomfort. I haven't even been acknowledged.

He tried to listen to the argument going on between the growing group, but couldn't concentrate over his anger and disappointment.

This is what I was afraid of.. I should've just stayed laying there. Heck, no one would notice if I slumped back down now.

Ike caught bits in pieces of the conversation.

Grimers.. death.. weak..

He snapped out of his daze as he noticed Willow start to trail off behind the odd boy with the high pitched voice.

What do I do now.. ugggh. Follow her or wait for Raiso. I think I'll wait for Raiso. Or maybe go with this Gau guy. He seems more calm and clear minded. I'll be safer with him.

Ike's eyes shot up toward Gau as he waited to see what he would do next.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Nath got out of bed and rubbed his weary eyes. e had thought about this long and hard for a wile now and wanted to do something with his life. He was going to go to professor rowan's lab and obtain a pokemon to start his journey with. He didn't want to waste any time so e went ahead and ran out of the house saying, "I'll be back later mom!" before realizing he wasn't even ready...

It wasn't untill an hour that Nath got to Professor Rowan's lab, that's when his choices became clear.

"Well hello there you must Nath. Here for your first pokemon and to help save the world?"

"Huh what?"

"Ah no need to worry I'll sort it out for you"

Without hesitation the Professor snapped on a mysterious band stating the numbers '50' flashing in red digital numbers.

"I assume you allready know how this works, sorry to rush you but you must hurry to Jubilife, I hear theres a lot more going on down there than before! Oh yes your pokemon wich do you want!"

Nath's expression dropped. He had no idea why Professor Rowan was being so quick to react, and what was with this strange machine on his wrist. Had the Professor lost his marbles?

"What is the matter boy? Come now, pick your pokemon."

"Th-that wa-one please." He pointed at a pokeball marked with a purple or a darker red cover.

"Ah tyrouge is your choice! Here you go now hurry along you haven't got all day!"

"But what is this band thingy? What is it doing on my wrist? Why me?"

"Eh? That's a life meter. You signed up for this, remember?"

"Um no... actually... what does it do?"

"Oh dear." The professor looked slightly worried and very guilty. He had just put a 14 year old boy in the most danger he could ever be in. He had taken away his life. He didn't know how to react to this so he said his goodbyes, and lead Nath to the door. Could he really live wit all that guilt.

Years
Gau sighed. As per usual is unusual manner of speaking had causes some confusion, he didn't mind really he just didn't appreciate being made to look a fool. He wasn't going to say a word though but followed behind Willow. At this point he had decided that despite her rapidly shifting emotions she was probably the only one of them with her head screwed on the right way.

As the group walked out of the pokemon centre he couldn't help but feel empty. He was used to leaving his home but he had really settled in Sandgem and he couldn't help but feel that he was never going to see it again. He made a mental note to make sure Teddiursa was given to one of his fellow travellers if he didn't make it.

He needed to talk to Julian. He wanted to know where he was from and where he had gained knowledge of military strategies. He seemed to know too much to have simply read a little about them in a brief period of interest like Gau. Who are you? That was the one thought running through his mind as they halted to collect supplies.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Nath, who still had no clue what this "iron band" did, decided he would just have to find out himself. He thought for a while. Although a few thoughts drifted in his head that were disturbing and some unusual memories still receded, he had had some clue of what they might be

A few days ago, on Pokemon watch live, he remembered he saw a strange woman with the same band on as him in Jubilife. He wasn't certain but he could go and ask her about the situation he was in. He had his plan, but also his ideas, and packed all is things together before leaving twinleaf once more, and said goodbye to his mum for the last time. His holiday home was now no more than a distant memory to him. His mum of course was very worried, but let him go, knowing it was the right thing to do.

It was about 20 minutes before Nath reached Sandgem town again, where tyrouge was waiting for him with Professor Rowan for the time he went home to say goodbye. After collecting tyrouge and going to the pokemon market for a few minutes to pick up supplies and a potion, he went face to face with route 202, the first challenge before his adventure began...

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Ike watched as Gau trailed behind Willow and Julian towards the pokemart.

So Gau is going with them... this is an important moment. I need to choose who to go with carefully. There's already tension in the group with that Julian guy.
They could easily fall apart, leaving the weak like me to plummet to failure.. or death. Yet.. this Raiso guy doesn't seem like such a good idea either. A group of 2 is just asking to be picked off. Guess I'll follow Gau and the others. Will just hope for the best. Maybe things will get better.

"Hey! Wait up!" Ike called out to Gau as he started jogging towards the Pokemart almost tripping because of his quick start.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Route 202, a place of beginnings. Nath took his first step together, with tyrouge at his side. A feeling of relief and satisfaction overcame Nath but also anxiety, the thought of having to shape is own destiny from now on. His foot landed over the border. He was finally going to do it.

The first thing he noticed was that the route was not as busy as he expected. Wind wasn't as strong as it was elsewhere, and tall grass was the only obstacle. It was going to be a breeze.

He reaced the first patch of tall grass, which was a few meters across. Not one pokemon. Before he could reach the next patch of grass, he noticed a pack of growlithe run into some trees, and a flock of starly fly off. It wasn't as stereotypical as said to be, with pokemon only appearing in tall grass, what a lie! Pokemon were everywhere!

Nath took a moment to take in the sites, before noticing that the pack of growlithe was trying to sneak up on him. Nath's peaceful moment did not last a second longer. Tyrouge quickly lept to action preparing to attack. The growlithe were talking betweemn themselves, and only one stepped forward.

The other growlithe didn't seem to want to fight. The growlithe that did prepared itself. It launched a quick ember attack at tyrouge knocking him back slightly. Tyrouge fought back with a tackle attack with stumbled growlithe knocking it to it's knees. Tyrouge then used a leer to intimidate growlithe, which then tackled Tyrouge back. Tyrouge dodged, then tackled growlithe from behind, knocking it out.

The growlithe got back up and smiled. It jumped into Nath's arms as if saying, 'thank you.' Nath looked at it and smiled back. Tyrouge lifted up a hand to shake and growlithe lifted his paw too. 'There's nothing like friendship,' Nath thought to himself, before getting up. Nathan had just won is first battle, and was THANKED for it. He felt amazing, so amazing, he just had the energy to dash to Jubilife. And that's exactly what he did with no clue that the growlithe was following him.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Unfortunately due to my serious time constraints (blame it on my studies), I have no other option but to close this roleplay. I'm sorry if this comes as a severe inconvenience to any of you, and I thank you all for the dedication and effort you've put into your posts and your SU's. I'd be more than happy to see this idea be remade into a separate roleplay so long as I am credited somewhere. :3

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back