• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New stats, please!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
There are many instances of stats being oddly distributed on pokémon, conflicting with their pokédex description of their apparent skill in the anime.

One example of this is Rapidash, who can (apparently) run 150mph.

Then you check out its speed stat, 105, which isn't too shabby. Until you realise it is shared with pokémon such as Kadabra, Cryogonal and Electabuzz - not necessarily pokémon you would think of as 'speedy'.

Also makes you wonder how quick the dozens of Pokémon with HIGHER speed stats can run.

Which leads me to the main point: which pokémon would you like to rearrange the stats for? Give your examples here!

Poor Rapidash needs at least 130 to live up to its reputation ;-;.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For starters, I'd give Scolipede, Onix and Steelix a bit more Attack. They may be huge, sure, but they don't hit too hard.

Years
Garchomp and Pidgeot have conflicting speeds. Garchomp is said to fly at Mach 1 but has a faster speed stat than Pidgeot who is able to fly at Mach 2. Also, not sure how fast Swellow can "divebomb" on its prey but it must be faster than Mach 2, because its Speed stat is higher than Pidgeot's...right?

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I remember reading a post on what one thought about the speed stat. It represents the Pokemon's agility in battle, how fast it can launch it's moves. If you look at it like that I think it'll make the stats more understandable in my opinion.

I don't have any Pokemon on mind which I think needs their stats rearranged, however I do agree with PlatinumDude.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I think I'd give some of the older bug pokemon a bit of a stat boost. It seems unfair to see bug pokemon in Unova so much better stat wise.

I wouldn't mind if gamefreak had a slight stat overall to bring older pokemon under the same stat standard as more recent pokemon. Especially for pokemon like Butterfree or Beedrill who are part of a three stage family and can't rely on an evolution for a stat boost.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Hmm...I wouldn't want to alter any...it'd probably screw up the competitive metagame. But Dragonite should have higher speed, based on its pokédex entries (I'm sure they mention something about fast round-the-world flight?).

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
If we're talking about new stats, I think there should be a brand new stat altogether that will determine the accuracy of moves, both yours & the enemy's.

Think of something like dexterity of sorts.

Back