• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What part annoyed you the most in the 3d Gen Games?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I rly hated the victory road on hoenn, it was so long and too many HMs required. Also hated the water routes.

On FR/LG surge's gym and that cave where you have to use flash to light it were rly annoying for me. Ugh

Years
Catching the freaking Regis. It was so unnecessary and frankly wasn't worth it in the end.

true but you could also say the same thing about the other trios (Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltress) and (Entei, Raiku, and Suicune)

they have no real effect on anything. its more for the challenge of getting them. but i do agree, the Regi trio is probably the hardest and most time consuming

Years
true but you could also say the same thing about the other trios (Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltress) and (Entei, Raiku, and Suicune)

they have no real effect on anything. its more for the challenge of getting them. but i do agree, the Regi trio is probably the hardest and most time consuming

For me catching Entei, Raiku, Suicune and the legendary birds was fun, but catching the Regis was downright hard and not fun.

tnfsf11

For me catching Entei, Raiku, Suicune and the legendary birds was fun, but catching the Regis was downright hard and not fun.
I partially agree with that, to catch the Regis you had to solve a puzzle then go to the places where each Regi stayed, the puzzle was a bit hard considering that I don't read Braille :P but the idea wasn't bad, but catching the legendary dogs wasn't really that fun either, they were like Lati@s randomly roaming the land, you could just encounter them anytime just like you would encounter any other Pokémon.
I personally thought the puzzle wasn't worth the effort because I hated the design of the Regis.

Years
throwing the ability to catch one of the Legendary Dogs kind of pisses me off too, for 2 reasons.

1. Having the first encounter can take FOREVER, and without abilities like Arena Trap, it is extremely difficult to catch them. They are like overpowered Abra. It can be just downright annoying trying to catch them.

2. Giving you one of three Legendaries makes me really angry. It makes it so even if you do somehow succeed at catching one of them, you have to trade and completely start from scratch twice to get all three, which can take an outrageous amount of time to do.

Also, one other thing that really bugs me is Mew. Mew makes completing the Pokedex virtually impossible. I only have FR, LG, R, S, and Crystal. There is no way for me to get Mew. I also only have a GBA SP, so i couldnt get Mew even if i had the right game to do so.

Years
Lack of certain johto pokemon such as Houndour/doom, Stantler, etc. was bothersome. Though it was remedied with release of Emerald, people who thought R/S and Emerald were basically same game and bought the former instead were out of luck.

Sirfetch’d

What bothered me the most is that RSE ended ;;. They are my favorite games ever and I would have simply loved to have continued playing them much longer <3

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Tate and Liza really bugged me on Emerald. The Claydol and Xatu combo decimated my team over and over >.>

Also, like many others have said, Victory Road in Hoenn. It required so many HMs and was just overall annoying to get through.

Despite that, Emerald is still my favorite game :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
Yeah, most of Emerald's gym leaders. I think Emerald has the hardest gym leaders of any Pokemon game. But a lot of them still give me a ton of problems.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Mainly it's Wallace's Ludicolo and Juan's Kingdra for both, spamming DD.
Wallace, for the worst his Ludicolo knows the move Leech Seed... :(

MarioManH

top kek
Years
Haha it's kind of funny how I caught my legendary dog in Leaf Green, I was in the patch of grass right next to Cerulean Cave when I was going to catch Mewtwo. Kind of lucky on my part :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I didn't like how fast Pokémon ran away from me in the Safari Zone, especially the ones that are hard to encounter. Chansey, Scyther, Pinsir, Kangaskhan, and Tauros are a few that comes to mind. Also, there was no way to bring your Pokémon back from the first and second generation games. This made me very upset. D:

Years
The fact that there's not much to do after beating the game. Pretty much just the Battle Tower in RS, and the Battle Frontier in Emerald.

And how terrible training is in Emerald. At least RS has high level Pokémon in the Sky Pillar. This might just be me, but training in HGSS is one thing (there's at least Mt. Silver with decent stuff to fight before Red), but Emerald is just pitiful. Maybe it's just the fact that there's a big water portion of the game with just Tentacool, Wingull and such.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
Let's see...

I got lost in Victory Road first time I reached it in Sapphire - until I came up with the "go around the walls" method (where you walk along the wall until you get to an exit or ladder).

I didn't crack the regi code until a while after, using a very long process involving a Pokémon magazine, a pen, some paper and my game.

In Emerald I was unprepared for Wallace replacing Steven.

Those were my top three most annoying parts about the 3rd generation Hoenn games.

As for the Kanto remakes, the only thing that really bugged me was the fact that I couldn't trade with any Hoenn games until some time after the National Pokédex - and that in itself was difficult for me because by the time I got around to that point I was too powerful to weaken most of the things you encounter.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
In RSE I really hate going up route 119 because there is just way too much tall grass.
Also wasn't a fan of Victory Road in that game.

I also missed the night and day system since I got so used to it with Gen II.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
In Emerald, I think I speak for everyone in saying that the incredibly small bag space for the amount of items able to be picked up got annoying at times. Also, when I was younger the un-linearity of the story line frustrated me in not knowing which city to head to next. But now that I know better, that's what made the game so great.

But I would still go as far to say that Emerald was the best pokemon game, and a remake with the physical/special split and slightly more post-game progressional content along with the original Battle Frontier would keep me entertained forever. Please Game Freak?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 19, 2019
I really hated the Physical/special attacks being determined by type rather than the move itself

Back