• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Bronze [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I got a lot of area text replaced today, I have about three more routes and towns left to completely change text in.
Then I'm up to changing trainer's Pokemon and levels.

For something to look at, here is one of the towns:

gamb.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
How about making some secret gym, which is hard to find. :)) That would be more interesting.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Nah, I'm not going to put in something that's necessary to complete the story which you can't even find, but there is a secret battle. That's all I'll say though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
Nah, I'm not going to put in something that's necessary to complete the story which you can't even find, but there is a secret battle. That's all I'll say though.
I guess it's not that all secret anymore. :P Goodluck anyway.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Well you don't know who it's against or where it is so, still pretty secret.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
I wonder what you're going to do with the storyline!

Are we gonna face Gold now that he beat the League?

And what about Team Rocket?

The sprites are awesome!

But what really is important for a hack is first the gameplay, second the story and third the scripts!

Are there any new scripts?

If you have difficulties with scripting I think I know some Koolboyman and Miksy91 guys!

Maybe you should check their posts, you might find something useful!

Good luck with the hack anyway!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Everything is being made with modified existing scripts and events, but I'm changing it all enough that it shouldn't be too obvious I used everything from Gold.

The storyline I touched upon in the first post.

Here's some behind the scenes stuff, I bought some flash carts and cheap gameboy games for their cartriges and made up some carts for me and Bianca to test play Bronze on an actual gameboy colour.

carts.png
brnz32.jpg

Last edited:

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Everything is being made with modified existing scripts and events, but I'm changing it all enough that it shouldn't be too obvious I used everything from Gold.

The storyline I touched upon in the first post.

Here's some behind the scenes stuff, I bought some flash carts and cheap gameboy games for their cartriges and made up some carts for me and Bianca to test play Bronze on an actual gameboy colour.

carts.png
brnz32.jpg

That is really awesome! and since gold has the kanto in it, do you plan on adding another region after the elite four? maybe you can make it so your region is beside the johto and you have to collect the johto badges, or something like that. I love pokemon gold,silver and crystal, and love gen 2 hacks, they are my fav and i cant wait for this! Keep up with the great work, looking forward to more progress

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I replaced Johto with my region, so Kanto is still left over.

Some small stuff I did recently:

club.png
plaype.png

Last edited:

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
"Wow.." I can't really say anything else. This is something..
YOU EVEN TESTED IT ON A REAL GBC..
I salute you both! ^^

Everything looks great!
I'm looking forward to the release.
Good luck you two!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Thanks for the support, guys.
Just recently I've added another town and some more events into the main quest to make it a little more beefy.

Plus have been working on girl player/rival sprites.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
New screenshot time!

PokemonBronze1.png
PokemonBronze-1.png
PokemonBronze2.png

PokemonBronze3.png
PokemonBronze4.png
PokemonBronze5.png

Development is going quite smoothly. And I was thinking of making a short video.

Years
PokemonBronze2.png

Typo error there.

Anyway, it's great to see new Gold hacks, I have to admit this looks really cool. Also, you've managed to emulate the GSC style of pixel art really, really good.

Best of luck on this!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Aha, thanks for catching that. I've been very vigorous with punctuation and spelling but somehow that completely slipped by.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Can't wait for this hack :) always makes me happy to see 1st and 2nd gen hacks, it's so hard to find a good finished one so looking forward to this.

Screens are looking great, can't decide if i love the trainer sprite or hate my opinionn changes pretty much daily.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
I just finished choosing the pokemon/gym badges/attacks/tm. I wanted to use pokemon that haven't really been seen in gyms so hopefully it's fun seeing some of these pokemon being used by a gym leader. They still have to be put into the game and tested, but hopefully I won't need to change anything (except now I want to redo everything that was in my gym).

I have no idea if I was supposed to do anything else on this game, except write some things the people say, also Freako wants me to draw pokemon work of a mature nature, so yeah. My work is done for the moment being.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
If I didn't have you helping out, There'd be level 2 Radicates everywhere.

I love Gold to death but there's no way I could remember what Pokemon evolves at what level and which moves they can learn. That's where Bianca comes in.

Last edited:
Back