• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
You know, I randomly feel like having a roleplay based around pokemon theories. By this, I mean things such as Gengar being Clefable's shadow, Cubone being a baby Kangaskhan, Venonat evolving into Butterfree and Venomoth evolving from Metapod, et cetera.

The thing is, of course, it would need a plot. A few of the theories are plausible, but work would need to be done to make a coherent story line, I think.

Here's a link to a few: <creeeeeepybutnotreally>

Those could be theories that people could of had in a different time, in a RP. :B

/bouncing ideas.png

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I don't really find those conspiracy theories to be creepy, in fact, I really like them. They take a more in depth look at pokemon in mature ways that GF refuses to, and it makes the games a lot more thought provoking and engaging as a result.

If there were an RP based around them or an RP that included them, I would be pretty interested.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
@Machomuu - Same here. They're quite fun to read, actually. It makes me want to read more, but disappoints me when I don't find anymore, lol.

As far as a plot taken directly from one of the theories goes, these two are things that might be able to be made into one. Otherwise, a brand-new plot with the theories centered around certain Pokemon evolutions could be used.

Spoiler:

As far as theories on the pokemon themselves, these are the ones to use that I had in mind:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I got a new idea for a pokémon RP ;; Someone beat me on the head so that I forget it. I shall not make more pokémon RPs.

For a while.

Until summer at least.

Which is, like, half a month away, okay ahah.

Anyways, that generation killing war theory is so thrilling really. I've never thought about it but it does make so much sense. It would make for an epic backstory and make Kanto feel more solid and real, if it was conducted properly.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
The idea of the generation-killing war definitely seems like an interesting concept and I'd like to see it in action. Maybe not quite my cup of tea, but I'd definitely look into it if one was created.

...This is all encouraging me to start my own roleplay. That could only lead to bad things.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Spoiler:

I really must say Im fascinated by the generation killing war! Takes a more unique twist than the same ol journey formula :3 I hope it actually becomes an RP because, if GMed correctly, it could really make for a cool RP!

So, I meant to post here because of that spoiler tag up there, and because TornZero and I are working on a revival of Hoenn RéBURST, set to be title RéBURST ~RéBOOT~ although chances are it won't see the light until X and Y come out xD What Im going towards is, what do you look for in a RP revival? I understand the plot has to be somewhat different to the previous iteration, but therebhasbto be something you look for, something fresh or stuff...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
What Im going towards is, what do you look for in a RP revival? I understand the plot has to be somewhat different to the previous iteration, but therebhasbto be something you look for, something fresh or stuff...

In my opinion, if you're going to bring something back it has to be perfect. It's essential that any problems or concerns that were in the original are ironed out and you present it the best you can.

For instance: One flaw in my SAO RP was that I didn't plan far enough ahead, and each update was a lot of work, so when I got busy it became impossible to manage. What I would do in that case would be make sure I write a few events in advance, so if something comes up the RP can still continue.

Years
I have to agree with Machomuu but I'm not entirely sure how you'd have it play out.

I think it would be fairly simple*but not easy* to plan providing there was a lot of key events already thought out. I thought of a couple ways;

The first would be centering on one unit in a military as they go from battle to battle fighting other trainers and Pokemon to the death. Skirmishes could be played out with just that unit while major battles will have them situated in formation with a grand army. Character's could have specialty teams much like Gyms so they can play off each others strengths and cover weaknesses. While focusing mainly that unit, the GM(s) can make regulatory posts about the political environment and global events that occur off screen but still effect the advancement of the RP.

Another way is to do the above, but instead of just one unit, each RPer takes control of a unit commander of a specific type with many different Pokemon species of said type in their ranks and have the RP fight scenes play out like a written version of Rome: Total War.

Could be doable. The Legendaries could also be used as WMD's that wipe out whole villages and kill indiscriminately as well.

EDIT: Thought of more things;

Since the earlier games(Gen I & II) have the age gap problem to a much greater amount that the later ones, maybe the war can be between Kanto & Johto? It would explain Red and Ethan's fathers both dying and a story ark about how the war brought about the creation of Team Rocket. Maybe they were Kanto's secret wet works unit under Giovanni's command and they went a little power hungry by the end?

Last edited:

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
I was wondering whether someone here has had a similar bug to me when I tried to post my RP. I pressed 'submit' and my computer took its time before popping up with a blank screen. Do any of you know why this is the case?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I was wondering whether someone here has had a similar bug to me when I tried to post my RP. I pressed 'submit' and my computer took its time before popping up with a blank screen. Do any of you know why this is the case?

I don't know, but you could ask Skymin if the RP got posted or not (as you probably know, it will only show up for the mod until she approves it) and if not, try again later.

Nakuzami

Years
I think it would be fairly simple*but not easy* to plan providing there was a lot of key events already thought out. I thought of a couple ways;

The first would be centering on one unit in a military as they go from battle to battle fighting other trainers and Pokemon to the death. Skirmishes could be played out with just that unit while major battles will have them situated in formation with a grand army. Character's could have specialty teams much like Gyms so they can play off each others strengths and cover weaknesses. While focusing mainly that unit, the GM(s) can make regulatory posts about the political environment and global events that occur off screen but still effect the advancement of the RP.

Another way is to do the above, but instead of just one unit, each RPer takes control of a unit commander of a specific type with many different Pokemon species of said type in their ranks and have the RP fight scenes play out like a written version of Rome: Total War.

Could be doable. The Legendaries could also be used as WMD's that wipe out whole villages and kill indiscriminately as well.

EDIT: Thought of more things;

Since the earlier games(Gen I & II) have the age gap problem to a much greater amount that the later ones, maybe the war can be between Kanto & Johto? It would explain Red and Ethan's fathers both dying and a story ark about how the war brought about the creation of Team Rocket. Maybe they were Kanto's secret wet works unit under Giovanni's command and they went a little power hungry by the end?

Well, as for that last bit, I would consider Kanto and Johto to be regions of the same country. The military involved could easily utilize citizens of Johto, I suppose, but under a different, but united, control that wasn't so completely devastated as the Kantonian army?

I'm not sure if legendaries should make any appearance that directly assists either side of the military. Perhaps some of the wild legendaries could become enraged over the struggle and end up wreaking havoc upon both sides?

Also, I think it should take place in an original region. The men of Kanto were killed, but the region itself didn't take any damage. Therefore I think it should take place on faraway shores. The original region could end up falling apart in the process, which is why no one hears of it later on.

And, of the first two things you mentioned, it might be more fun for the roleplayers to take control of prominent characters in separate regiments. Not necessarily the commanders, but a notable face. Perhaps so because they do well, and survive (unless the roleplayer wants their character to perish). It would also give the roleplayers a small group of NPCs to control.

Years
Well, as for that last bit, I would consider Kanto and Johto to be regions of the same country. The military involved could easily utilize citizens of Johto, I suppose, but under a different, but united, control that wasn't so completely devastated as the Kantonian army?

Well yeah, the fact that they're called regions (Hoenn, Unove, and Sinnoh included) indicates that they're part of one country...or even one empire. That could be something interesting if we prefer to think that the Pokemon world is ran off a semi-feudal like system where each region is essentially a kingdom and the Elite 4+ Champion are the lords.

But apart from that, the rest of what's been mentioned is based on preference of how you'd like to run an RP. I'm interested either way, and you can bet I'll want to play a part. :D

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years

So, in essence, this would be played out like a small scale nation roleplay, except in place of controlling a nation you control a small unit of Pokémon? I'm not usually a fan of nation roleplays, but this is definitely intriguing.

Nakuzami

Years
Ah, well, the weird feudal system thing was one of the theories, so that could work. It would certainly be interesting to see, I suppose.

And, ermergerd, we have one of those banner box thingies at the top of the Roleplay Corner now. Life fulfilled~ Thank ye kindly, benevolent overlady Skymin. d;

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
So... Skymin is going to choose a new "Roleplay of the week" and "This week's tip"? Yay~ something to look forward to every week c:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thank me for telling her to finally make one ;p

And yeeeah, she'll probably be choosing the RP of the week based on her personal whim. Or maybe not, I don't know xD Anyways I trust her with it. She's the mod for a reason, eh? Staff is not exactly known to be selfish, unfair slugs.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Thank me for telling her to finally make one ;p

And yeeeah, she'll probably be choosing the RP of the week based on her personal whim. Or maybe not, I don't know xD Anyways I trust her with it. She's the mod for a reason, eh? Staff is not exactly known to be selfish, unfair slugs.

I can't remember I ever called her one of these things ^^; I just said I was going to look forward to it from now on c: I'm a very curious person so... yeah :D

Oh and thank you for telling her to finally make one RHCP :P

Years
Ah, well, the weird feudal system thing was one of the theories, so that could work. It would certainly be interesting to see, I suppose.

It's really one thing that I thought Pokemon would've elaborated on after almost 17 years. Even the anime doesn't dip into it. <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back