• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Keldeo

Which forme do you prefer?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that was a little annoyed at Keldeo's alternate forme. It was simply just a change in design - nothing special at all about it! Plus it had no extra moves, no change in stats, no NOTHING.

Do you wish the Resolute forme had more of a purpose in-game? How would you change it, if you could? Change around the stats, or moves maaaybe? Or typing even? Or giving it a more special event rather than just a... hidden location? Would you want it to be available from B/W? Also, which forme is your favourite?? Share yo thoughts on Keldeo's formes!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I felt it was rather lazy of Gamefreak to provide a forme of Keldeo which only showed the slighest change of design. I felt they could of done so much more with it and it was really disappointing for me honestly. I would of liked it more, if perhaps it was changed to a different typing perhaps? That'd be a nice twist, it'd be along the lines of Rotom and its formes from D/P/Pt.

Also I felt they could of thrown in a signature move as well, along with a challenge obtaining it. You know make you feel proud, finally getting your hands on one rather than feeling you've just caught an ordinary wild Pokemon? I would of like to seen some sort of quest, where you had to do numerous tasks before you could obtain some sort of item that would allow you to encounter Keldeo's alternate forme.

As for my favourites out of the two, honestly I liked the alternate much more. It had that sense of pride and the few extra colours thrown in were nice. It also appeared much more powerful and strong which I favoured, so yeah my definite favourite is the alternate :3

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
yesyes gamefreak dwas being a freak to us and they only added one silly form change which looks 20% cooler tbh :P

and yes! stat changes should definitely have been there, seeing it as a swordsman or something like that, spd and atk definitely should have been raised :[ omg a signature move? yes, that should have existed. i dont really agree on the righteous quest part but perhaps something else?

to sum it all up, the form change seemed cool from the start but in the end, it turned out to be quite a disappoint, except for the cooler look in resolute form.

Years
I was kinda disappointed that the only change between Keldeo's forms was appearance. Resolute Form would have been much more awesome if it had like say, a signature move or some stat changes. I also would like to have seen it be available in both B/W and B2/W2 to a lesser extent. Making it a special event would have also been better.

But all that aside, I love Resolute Keldeo more for its badass look, I just love its horn in Resolute Form.

Neeni

Stage On!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 11, 2013
Even though the alternate form is cute, it's still not what I wanted.. I wanted Keldeo to "grow up" you know, become like his peers Terrakion, Cobalion and Virizion...
instead it still looked small compared to them, in the movie I didn't even think it was worthy of being a "sacred swordsman" simply because the others looked a lot stronger and older

also, MORE ATTACK! that cool horn means that the attack stat should be a lot HIGHER than 72! how are you going to use that cool horn with a crappy attack stat? that should've been a DUH to nintendo but no... it's really unfortunate

I still like the form, as I said it's so so cute! but it has just too many wrongs to it

Sirfetch’d

I wish that they had expanded on it's alternate form as well. I mean it is pretty useless as there is no difference and I really prefer the design of the original form anyways.

Years
Hmm... I never really used Keldeo, but just always assumed that there was a difference between it's two formes. It's Resolute Forme looks like it'd have higher Attack (maybe flipping Attack with Sp. Atk.), a slightly different move set (Megahorn, Horn Drill, etc.), not just a slight design change.

I'm almost hoping that we see some sort of addition to Resolute Keldeo in X/Y and beyond, otherwise it's no more exciting than the differences between male and female Pokemon.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

also, MORE ATTACK! that cool horn means that the attack stat should be a lot HIGHER than 72! how are you going to use that cool horn with a crappy attack stat? that should've been a DUH to nintendo but no... it's really unfortunate
Well... the horn is mediator for Sacred Sword as was shown in the movie :D
Speaking about movie, seeing it made me like it's normal form more...
I don't know, for some reason, I don't really like Resolution Form design... the horn is cool but that's about all...

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty sad that there's nothing especial about it. Aww, I got keldeo for nothing :'(, nah, I love his changed form, it's sooo cool! But like I said before, there's nothing special about it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For the resolution forme I'd make it Ice/Fighting since it would symbolize Keldeo growing up to be something more powerful than it was before. That and adding extra points to its special attack stat in exchange for its defensive capabilities with a movepool expansion consisting of moves such as Ice Beam and Blizzard would also add to its growth imho.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Yeah, I really think the stats should have seen some sort of update with the form change. if i remember correctly, any other pokemon that changes form in some way gets stat changes as well. I honestly like the original design better. Just so cuteXD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It's original form is far better. The resolute form looks silly.

I wouldn't say Keldeo is a pokemon I like that much though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm going to go against the crowd. I hope Gamefreak produces more form changes like that. To me changing your form should be an appearence thing only. It shouldn't effect the way you fight unless you are going from Bipedal to Quadrupedal or if they sprouted new physical appendages.

Like Deoxy's makes sense. Each of his forms changes his physical body and since his body had drastic changes his stats did as well.

Giratina's didn't make a lot of sense to me. Why did its stats have drastic changes when its body barely changed at all. Its ability changing made sense, but not its stats.

Rotom is another that makes no sense. It really shouldn't have gained stats and should have had the same stats as its original form. The type change makes sense as its not in the body of something else so it would take on that attribute.

Shaymins doesn't make a lot of sense with stat change but its body is larger and more agile so speed change is ok.

I prefer having form changes like Keldeo and Cherrim's. Even form differences like Frillish/Jellicent and Shellos/Gastrodon.

I really hope they do more like these.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I had Keldeo once, but I never used it (due to its bad nature). I didn't even know that it has another form, but if I can choose, I prefer the first appearance. I mean they don't look much different and since stats and movepool are the same it doesn't even matter, which form to choose so why change it?

But actually more Pokemon whose appearance changes as Spinda does would be kinda cool.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Never used Keldeo in game so I don't really know much about it. It looks really cool though and adding a horn doesn't seem much of a difference. It would've been cool if keldeo's resolution form was more on special defense then special attack since its horn could be somewhat like a shield or something :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For the resolution forme I'd make it Ice/Fighting since it would symbolize Keldeo growing up to be something more powerful than it was before. That and adding extra points to its special attack stat in exchange for its defensive capabilities with a movepool expansion consisting of moves such as Ice Beam and Blizzard would also add to its growth imho.

Ooh! Also, if it were Ice/Fighting, it would better relate to B2/W2, given that parts of Unova in the sequels were actually frozen for a while. :3 And maybe it could be found to help take down Kyurem etc.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
God, I hate the Resolute form.
There's no difference except that it learns Secret Sword and its appearance has slightly changed.
The other form is better. Yeah I wish it had more purpose. The typing is ok with me,
but the stats aren't. I would make a slight change to the stats, like the therians.
Well to me, it's pointless to change forms if it doesn't have any difference. -.-

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I was really disappointed in the design of Keldeo's new form. All they did was make it hairier and give it a bigger blue horn. The typing was a bit boring to me.

It clearly did not need a new form if you ask me.

Back