• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
GUYS!!!

THE PAGE JUST UPDATED AND NOW SYLVEON'S DATA IS ALL PINK!

NEW TYPE? I THINK SO!

img_pokemon_01.png

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/pokemon02/

eveything is happening at once

Sylveon's info has been pink since it was revealed. They didn't change anything on either web page for Sylveon with the Mew update.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The Psychic type is Pink, and I doubt it's Psychic as we already have Espeon so the color means nothing to regards of what type it is, it's probably due to Sylveon being...well pink.
While I'm here...

Experienced Pokémon Trainers know that Eevee can evolve into seven different types, and now a new Eevee evolution with a different type has been revealed!
Let's review the bolded section. "a different type"

Let's break it down.

"a" - one, singular, not more than one, individual entity
"different" - something else, not used before, unique
"type" - hopefully doesn't need explaining

So based on this, I'm going to confirm what I've said before; it will NOT be a dual-type Eeveelution. If it is, they are breaking exactly what they've already said. It can still be Ghost, Flying, Dragon, Bug, Normal (yeah), or even Poison/Steel/whatever, but it will only be one type. So let's get those dual-types out of the discussion of "possible" types.

I apologize for saying this so strongly. I just feel this had to be said.

Cyclone

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
Without knowing its type there is no way to know what its weak too though...so how can it look weak to fighting? XD
I know that we dont know what its type is yet, but to me it looks like it could be weak to fighting (and Normal) due to the fact that its all pink and adorable. Think of almost every other Pokemon thats pink like this: Igglybuff, Snubbull, Audino, Happiny, Chansey, etc. Theyre all pink, adorable, and Normal.

:13:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
While I'm here...

Let's review the bolded section. "a different type"

Let's break it down.

"a" - one, singular, not more than one, individual entity
"different" - something else, not used before, unique
"type" - hopefully doesn't need explaining

So based on this, I'm going to confirm what I've said before; it will NOT be a dual-type Eeveelution. If it is, they are breaking exactly what they've already said. It can still be Ghost, Flying, Dragon, Bug, Normal (yeah), or even Poison/Steel/whatever, but it will only be one type. So let's get those dual-types out of the discussion of "possible" types.

I apologize for saying this so strongly. I just feel this had to be said.

Cyclone

Its a good analysis, but this is gamefreak. They refer to new forms as New Pokemon. Even if you take what they said in, it just means that its not Fire, Water, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Dark, or Electric.

Even when you go into the meaning of the word "a" its for a singular word. "A Herd" is multiple of one specific animal. Type is usually used in singular term even when a Pokemon has two types to it. For instance Charizard is referred to as a Fire/Flying Type rather than Fire and Flying types. Sylveon can be a dual type if Gamefreak wants it to be.

I only say it this way because of an instance with Kyurem before. DNA Pins have the same wording and we know how that works. Similar things have happened so we can't look too deeply into the words.

I know that we dont know what its type is yet, but to me it looks like it could be weak to fighting (and Normal) due to the fact that its all pink and adorable. Think of almost every other Pokemon thats pink like this: Igglybuff, Snubbull, Audino, Happiny, Chansey, etc. Theyre all pink, adorable, and Normal.

:13:
Hoppip, Slowpoke, Smoochum, and Cherubi are also all Pink, adorable, but not Normal typed or weak to fighting types. Just because its pink doesn't make it Normal, and there are plenty of adorable Pokemon that are in other color groups.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I am thinking that it might be Normal type, since a lot of Normal pokemon are white and/or pink.

But since its type color is pink... I am guessing it may be a new type all together.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm still going to vouch for Bug - big compound eyes, antenna-like things, butterflies on it.

The pink is just because the Pokémon is pink ><.

Years
If a new type is goingg to be introduced then Sylveon will most likely by of that type... But, I really hope they won't add any new type. :(
I doubt if there is a new type it will be represented with a Pink color which represent Psychic already... :| But so far, Eeveelutions color are tied to their respective type's representative color... What can be this new pinkish type? hmm...
It might have to do with female gender... but then it won't make much sense if there is no male evolution... And eevee's evolution should be affected by environment not gender... =__= Game Freak are really bastards... xD

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Let's put these images side by side.

Spoiler:

Except for Espeon's type colour being closer to Poison, and a couple on the left being slightly darker, there is an obvious element that stands out. There is only one type that is even anything close to pink, and that's Psychic. Now we have an even brighter pink.

You know what? Flying is more of a blue, and Ghost darker. Normal is brownish. Bug is greenish. And finally, Dragon is kind of a blue/purple.

If we're going to go by the colour of its information, this is a new type. End of story. Unless you still think they're throwing us off the trail.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Actually, they did.
Spoiler:

They have all the type names highlighted in their respective colors. Prevously, the '???' under sylveon was colourless. Now it's pink.
https://www.facebook.com/Bulbagarden/posts/10151559844124668

That has always been Pink. Sylveon's data has always been pink like that since Sylveon was released. They did not edit any of Sylveon's info. Nothing on the English site has been changed either. The Japanese site has always had Sylveon highlighted in Pink. Its to go with their body color. Since Sylveon's body is pinkish they highlighted it in Pink.

zlip

______
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
As much as I would like it to be a flying type, the biggest thing I see and many other people point out is how would it fly? Some pokemon like sythcer, have wings but can't even fly! Slyveon doesn't have any physical features to suggest it could fly, which every flying pokemon does have.

I think it would be interesting if it were a normal type. It has all the traits of most normal types, light colors, mostly pink and white and doesn't have any "in-your-face" features. I don't think t would be bad to have a normal type evolution as it could add a reason for people to stop seeing most normal types as weak, novelty, etc.

As for the new type theory, that would be awesome! With the last two being added were way back in Gen 2, dark and steel. The only problem with this though would be changing all previous pokemon to match. If it is a "love" type, I think many pekemon, like Luvdisc, chansey, almomla, and more could be added to this type list. Many, many pokemon could be considered "light" most notably mew, celebi, jirachi, Victini and the other fairy-like pokemon. However this could opn the doors to new types or maybe more info on the ??? Type pokemon (From the game's codes) and moves.

Another thing I was wondering was will Slyveon be the only "eeveloution" in Gen 6? The theory of Gen 6 being about genetics would be a great reason to include more evolutions, as Eevee is known for having incredible genetics and being able to evolve into different typed species.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I'm still going to vouch for Bug - big compound eyes, antenna-like things, butterflies on it.

That is actually a really good speculation.

I would love a Bug type eeveelution! It would different and surprising. Plus, Bug is my favorite type :3

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
Im going with Ghost. Most are suggesting Flying with Normal being second most common.

1-Flying: I don't see anything on it that indicates flying. I think people are looking at the poster of it being across from Jolteon too much.

2-Normal: It makes sense, and it looks like a normal pokemon, but I really don't like the idea of Normal Eevee evolving into a Normal pokemon. The cool thing about Eevee is evolving it into a pokemon that can suit your team.

It is definitely not Ground/Rock/Steel/Bug/Dragon.

I think Ghost. It has the pink/purple colors, popular among ghost type pokemon. To me the eyes are what makes it ghost. Seems to have a certain aura about it. Of the remaining types it looks like Ghost.

EDIT- Sylvester Stallone- Sylveon
Sylvester Stallone was Rocky. Rocky was a boxer. Boxer=Fighter. It's a Fighting type! End thread.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Im going with Ghost. Most are suggesting EDIT- Sylvester Stallone- Sylveon
Sylvester Stallone was Rocky. Rocky was a boxer. Boxer=Fighter. It's a Fighting type! End thread.
If it were that easy, they would have to fess up and reveal it. I don't think the Japanese would use that. And we tend to follow the Japanese.

Cyclone

Pinta77

Maybe it's a combo type... if it was a combo, I'd guess fire and psychic. Maybe normal... Maybe a new type, light type?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Faerie type? Magic type?(something I've come up with before for a story, but wouldn't want to see in Pokemon.)

Bug would make sense, however it could be something else, I still think it's Dragon.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Bug would make sense, however it could be something else, I still think it's Dragon.

I don't think it is a Dragon type. If it were a Dragon, I feel like it would have some kind of Dragon characteristics, like some scales or wings or something that dragons generally have. There is nothing reptile-like about it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

I don't think it is a Dragon type. If it were a Dragon, I feel like it would have some kind of Dragon characteristics, like some scales or wings or something that dragons generally have. There is nothing there reptile-like about it.

Well, you have Altaria which looks nothing like a Dragon. Flygon and Vibrava don't look like Dragons either. Then you have Pokemon like Gyarados and Charizard that look like Dragons but aren't. You have a few other Pokemon that don't really look like their types.

Color wise it matches the old Dragon type button. Gamefreak and Pokemon.com still use the Blue/Redish pinkish purple for Dragons.

Back