• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

[MikeGTS]

Pokemon Researcher
Years
King Kobra said:
Unbeknowest of you, that IS a short time. I believe it was Aaryn, founder of the club, that spent 87 hours on a Shiny Rayquaza. How about Lady Demoonica Darkmoon (I am awed by her persistence) who spent 250+ hours searching Victory Road for a Shiny Aron. And me, although this is nothing, I have spent around 16-17 hours soft-resetting for a Shiny Zapdos. You should consider yourself VERY lucky!

Back ontopic (BTW I wasn't being mean or angry, just stating a fact, sorry if I offended you) no luck with Zapdos. Hey ryan, is there time to Siny Hunt in a graduation practice? I have never been to one and next week is my first one, so is there any place or time to Shiny Hunt in secret?

<I>Kobra<I>

So what?? 87 hours are 3 days and 250 hours are 10.4 days! The probably didn't spend theyr full time on it, BUT I DID. I only slept about 4 hours a day, with LOADS of coffee, all of this because i have a friedn (not registered in here) that said i could never catch one, and we argued a lot and we made a bet, if i won, he would give me something with a lot of valuable to me. According to MY calculations, i spent around 324 hours, taking out time to sleep and eat (which were not much). believe it or not, or call me crazy or lunatic or what u want, i did it!

ryan said:
MikeGTS - How'd you take that screen? Are you using a rom?

Master trainer Dragon - Which version(s) did you capture them in and exactly how many Metapods do you have?

Yes, it is a rom, i only have a gameboy color.

Last edited:

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 15, 2007
Still building my team Hoping again to encounter shiny *hehe*
I already hatched some squirtel egg and I can't find what I need.
I think I will have a long time to go back to shiny hunting but I promise to all of you to return.
Good luck hunting.

Offtopic : Sorry for the questioning I'm just curious about it.

Wrong gramar sorry not fluent in english

Last 22 Post ^^,

SamBee

Tentacool Breeder
Years
I love hunting for the shiny marill. It gives me time to raise all the neglected pokémon have, so I candecidwe who I want in my team to face the Elite Four. Plus I get to farm berrys!
I have 13 baby azurills in total now =)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
OMFg i love berries i have over 40(LOL)and im raising a shiny manectrike BTW Melee Master kk:P

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2006
ryan said:
MikeGTS - How'd you take that screen? Are you using a rom?

Master trainer Dragon - Which version(s) did you capture them in and exactly how many Metapods do you have?

i captured them in blue version and i traded them to my gold version and they were shineies. 7 metapods that are shiny

Last edited:

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
[MikeGTS] said:
heh, short amount of time? According to my calculations took me more than 2 weeks i remember 3 weekends fully spent on it! Short time, yeah right! Well anyway, good luck to you, it ain't easy!(i remember a headache too)

Here is a screen:

sshinyblaziken0we.png

Hey MetalMario, can u do me one of those cards?

I can't believe that MM hasn't seen this !!! :P hahah
o.k. MikeGTS so here are the rules of the club
1- no cheating
2- shinyes from the roms DO NOT COUNT, because of several reasons !!!
this IS a rom capture !!! which means that MM and the other owners do not care even if you got it the right way; just because it is in the pc rom (which is actually piracy) it isn't for real !!!
BTW my sis collects real shinyes in the roms, because she doesn't have a GBA.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Yea - unfortunatly that's true. We won't acknowledge you capture if you use any cheat devices or ROMs. It's a bit of a strict rule, but we've had too many abusers in the past. So, MikeGTS - You will not receive credit for that capture, sorry.

Master trainer Dragon - Alright, it seems unlikly that you could get 9 Pokemon in shiny forms by trading them to Gold version; and it seems even less likely that you would take the time to trade 7 legit Metapods... but we don't really deal with GameBoy generation shinies; we just consider them icing on the cake (poor metaphor, but we'll go with it). So, your 'mons wouldn't be counted towards our total anyway. If you want to be counted in the club, you need to hunt on Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, FireRed, Colloseum, or XD.

Man, I don't like myself this morning - I have to be a major pain in the butt with all this laying down the law business; sorry - no hard feelings, right?

I'm becoming a little bit sick, so there's a good chance that I'll just laze around until my graduation tonight. And laziness = time to shiny hunt. Huzzah!

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
MikeGTS(with brackets):Well then, I congratulate you on your persistence. I thought you meant like an hour a day or such, now I know what you mean. Sorry that your Shiny can't be counted.

Update: I spent another whole 15 minutes on Zapdos, I'm getting lax on this Hunt...

<I>Kobra<I>

Years
I'll explain the problem with ROMs and why we don't count them:
Cheating on them is just too easy. There is zero hardware barrier to prevent it from happening. Things we consider cheating can be done very easily in the form of save file duplication, save state use, and save modding. Save duplication (cloning) is obvious. It's a dead easy way to get all 5 Eeveelutions, all 3 Hitmen, etc. as shiny, which is unfair. Save modding involves you putting in the values for a shiny manually using a hex editor or some tool. It's also obvious, and very similar in nature to sharking a shiny. Explaining the problems with savestate use is a bit trickier. It falls under the category of hastening the acquisition of a shiny. Why just save in front of Birch's bag and soft reset each time when you can just savestate in front of it and reload the state if it's not shiny? That would cut a minute of wait down to just seconds.

One last point I can make is that the way you'd transfer a shiny caught in an emulator to an actual cart is the same way you'd mod your cart's save file to cheat for a shiny.

Now, I'm not saying that you did any of these things. It's just that they're a natural part of the emulation experience, so we must consider them as being availible to anyone using emulators.

In other news, I've done the first three of the SHC cards; I'll post them once I do the rest. Ryan, we'll need to get organized so I can get you the material so you can help out with the cards, if you still want to do that.

Years
hi fellow SHC members, :( nobody congradulated me on the Gardevoir
but no worries :)
some of you probably think im an old man who likes little children, well im not, i have video evedince, its about a minuet long and its me talking about the SHC and i give a shout out to MM and ryan, you guys are nice and i give a formal happy B-day to ryan :P, most of my videos will be about the SHC :P
I am fat, lol, you can see the first video i made too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD9QXAjNOro

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
[MikeGTS said:
So what?? 87 hours are 3 days and 250 hours are 10.4 days! The probably didn't spend theyr full time on it, BUT I DID. I only slept about 4 hours a day, with LOADS of coffee, all of this because i have a friedn (not registered in here) that said i could never catch one, and we argued a lot and we made a bet, if i won, he would give me something with a lot of valuable to me. According to MY calculations, i spent around 324 hours, taking out time to sleep and eat (which were not much). believe it or not, or call me crazy or lunatic or what u want, i did it

I spent 250+ hours Game Time not time total, but time clocked into a cart, over about 2 months looking for my Aron, please do not belittle anothers search, it's very rude. And using your own numbers you've only hunted for 13.5 days, now taking away 4 hours for sleep each day leaves you at hunting for 272 hours game time, then time for eating, bathroom breaks, ect. and we are about even in time logged into a game for a single shiny pokemon, the only difference being I have a life away from a video game.

On another note, congradulations Haunter Master on the Gardevoir. Sorry I didn't notice your earlier post. I wasn't paying much attention last night.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2006
ryan said:
Yea - unfortunatly that's true. We won't acknowledge you capture if you use any cheat devices or ROMs. It's a bit of a strict rule, but we've had too many abusers in the past. So, MikeGTS - You will not receive credit for that capture, sorry.

Master trainer Dragon - Alright, it seems unlikly that you could get 9 Pokemon in shiny forms by trading them to Gold version; and it seems even less likely that you would take the time to trade 7 legit Metapods... but we don't really deal with GameBoy generation shinies; we just consider them icing on the cake (poor metaphor, but we'll go with it). So, your 'mons wouldn't be counted towards our total anyway. If you want to be counted in the club, you need to hunt on Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, FireRed, Colloseum, or XD.

Man, I don't like myself this morning - I have to be a major pain in the butt with all this laying down the law business; sorry - no hard feelings, right?

I'm becoming a little bit sick, so there's a good chance that I'll just laze around until my graduation tonight. And laziness = time to shiny hunt. Huzzah!

ok. then i will get out my emerald version and try to get shiny torchicks.( spell?)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I've got a question. If I want to soft reset for shiny Latias on emerald, when wud I save the game? Wud I save it right before i got out of my room after I beat the Elite 4, or would i not save at all, just go looking for it without saving? Then soft reset if it is not shiny?

Back