• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I just watched the La Liga Promotion Final between Granada and Elche... it was one of the most entertaining games I have watched this season. Granada will be joining Betis and Rayo Vallecano in the First Division entries next year.

Years
I just watched the La Liga Promotion Final between Granada and Elche... it was one of the most entertaining games I have watched this season. Granada will be joining Betis and Rayo Vallecano in the First Division entries next year.

I'm surprised to say I have never heard of them.

I'm quite surprised Betis were even in the Segunda as I was of the opinion that they were a fairly strong side.

EDIT: Having just looked on their wikipedia page I see Granada have a hell lot of Udinese players because of an agreement between the two clubs. Isn't there any limit on the number of players you can loan in Spain?

It seems slightly unfair that they've gone up with what is basically Udinese's B side.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I like the USA (obvouslly) and i like argentina cause of Messi.
I also like Liverpool as a club team

Years
Another reasonably large transfer today, Ashley Young making a £17m move to the greatest team of all, Man United of course. I struggle to see how we'll handle three great wingers though.

Villas-Boas has been announced as the new manager of Chelsea too. He's part English and has previously worked there as a scout so I could see it working.

Years
I think the only signing Man U needed this summer was a good creative central midfielder. We have 5 good forwards /2 young centerhalfs and 2 experienced ones/ 2 good defensive midfielders/ 2 good wingers. Ashley is a good signing if something happens to Nani or Valencia we are going to need backup or maybe Ashley will be a starter and either Nani or Valencia as backups. But SAF is a great manager so he knows what he is doing

Years
I don't really see why we need Young. Sure, he is a good player, but we need central midfielders! :/​

I think the only signing Man U needed this summer was a good creative central midfielder. We have 5 good forwards /2 young centerhalfs and 2 experienced ones/ 2 good defensive midfielders/ 2 good wingers. Ashley is a good signing if something happens to Nani or Valencia we are going to need backup or maybe Ashley will be a starter and either Nani or Valencia as backups. But SAF is a great manager so he knows what he is doing
I think its fair to say we need a goalkeeper as well because Kuszczak and Lindegaard aren't good enough for the no.1 shirt. (Also worth keeping in mind Kuszczak has said he'll leave at the end of this month when his contract is up)

As long as we get a centre mid then I'm fine with splashing the cash on Young and Jones, in fact I enjoy it, I love transfers. It also gets rid of the opinion that Glazers are simply draining money and not putting any in.

Years
I suppose I could wait another 3 years. Because once he goes Man Utd will be nothing like they are now. Also, we could get revenge on them in the F.A cup, as they luckily beat us this season.

Years
I suppose I could wait another 3 years. Because once he goes Man Utd will be nothing like they are now. Also, we could get revenge on them in the F.A cup, as they luckily beat us this season.

Admittedly we probably won't get someone to fill his shoes for a long while but, we won't suddenly drop immediately.

When he knows he is going, he'll assemble a team capable of staying at the top for a few years and after that a club as big as united should sustain themselves as a top side. We were successful before fergie and we'll be successful after him too.

Ivysaur

Years
I'm sure that the folks at the Liverpool forum would consider that "a match made in hell" XD

But seriously, I don't see Mou staying anywhere for too long, and that's the reason I don't really see him fit for the Premier League, despite his Chelsea experience.

Years
And we have to remember that the best manager in the world(Jose Mourinho) said that he always wanted too come to Man U so there is always the possibility of him being our next manager.
Odd to see a united fan of the opinion that there's a manager better than fergie.

I'm sure that the folks at the Liverpool forum would consider that "a match made in hell" XD

But seriously, I don't see Mou staying anywhere for too long, and that's the reason I don't really see him fit for the Premier League, despite his Chelsea experience.

I think mourinho was fairly loyal to chelsea but after the fall out with abramovic he had to go.

Years
Wow, Thiago's goal was truly something. I expect him to become a more-well known player sometime in his future.

Years
Not seeing it, it wasn't even a particularly good team move. Just a brilliant ball to the scorer.

I'm surprised to say I have never heard of them.

I'm quite surprised Betis were even in the Segunda as I was of the opinion that they were a fairly strong side.

EDIT: Having just looked on their wikipedia page I see Granada have a hell lot of Udinese players because of an agreement between the two clubs. Isn't there any limit on the number of players you can loan in Spain?

It seems slightly unfair that they've gone up with what is basically Udinese's B side.

Any opinion on this went?

Ivysaur

Years
Any opinion on this went?

Apparently there isn't, otherwise they wouldn't have been allowed to play. If they share owners, and both teams get benefited, it's hard to find a way to stop it... otherwise, they could make a further agreement and just make easily breakable contracts, or add special clauses so the players could change teams just as easily :\

Also, River Plate, the most successful Argentinian team, will play in the Serie B next year after losing 3-1 in the relegation playoff. A big time shocker.

@jackblazer: why do you think he won't go too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back