• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Applymovement will only work for the current map you're on. The only way to go to another map without physically going there, is to warp.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Applymovement will only work for the current map you're on. The only way to go to another map without physically going there, is to warp.

Oh, I get it now, but why do i need applymovement then, do i need to make it move, warp the map, move again, and warp again?

EDIT:
Here's the script I used before I asked for help.

Spoiler:

kj3400

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
You need applymovement to simulate the two characters going into the boat, as it would look weird if they magically teleported to their destination with the boat driving itself, wouldn't it? :P

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
LOL, trust me it wouldn't look awesome. There would be little sense :)

How are you supposed to make a way so when you're on the other side you get the same options but go to a different destination...

Here's the script without warps...

Spoiler:

kj3400

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Well, the other side is a different map, I'm presuming, so just make the exact same script, only with the other destination. I'm assuming there's another animation for the boat going in the opposite direction.

Though if you're hacking Emerald, I see what you mean about the applymovement. I think there's a sprite for the boat and by doing some scripting that is beyond me at this point, you probably could script the boat actually going there, as opposed to warping there.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Well, the other side is a different map, I'm presuming, so just make the exact same script, only with the other destination. I'm assuming there's another animation for the boat going in the opposite direction.

Though if you're hacking Emerald, I see what you mean about the applymovement. I think there's a sprite for the boat and by doing some scripting that is beyond me at this point, you probably could script the boat actually going there, as opposed to warping there.

Well now i'm beyond confused... Thanks...

kj3400

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
I'm sorry. What exactly are you confused about?

Is it the script?
Because all you have to do is copy the script you have, but put in the other destination.

Is it what I said below that?
Because that was just me thinking out loud :P

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
I'm sorry. What exactly are you confused about?

Is it the script?
Because all you have to do is copy the script you have, but put in the other destination.

Is it what I said below that?
Because that was just me thinking out loud :P

It was what you said below that, am i supposed to use warp or applymovement....

Edit:

Btw the script isn't all good, whenever i click "mr briney" the boat moves but it doesn't cross over to the different map

Last edited:

kj3400

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Oh that. No I mean this would be after the applymovement, after the two 'get' in the boat. The boat sprite (I'm assuming there's a boat sprite) would get its own applymovement. I'm not positive if that's how it would work though.

Warping would only be used if you didn't want to script the boat moving. Lazy, but slightly faster.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Oh that. No I mean this would be after the applymovement, after the two 'get' in the boat. The boat sprite (I'm assuming there's a boat sprite) would get its own applymovement. I'm not positive if that's how it would work though.

Warping would only be used if you didn't want to script the boat moving. Lazy, but slightly faster.

Ya it's not working...

Here's the script again:
Spoiler:

kj3400

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
I'm just going to point out the problems in the script. Keep in mind, I'm not the best, though I think I know what I'm doing, so you may want to check with someone who's got more advanced knowledge.

Spoiler:

I hope I helped a little...

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
I'm just going to point out the problems in the script. Keep in mind, I'm not the best, though I think I know what I'm doing, so you may want to check with someone who's got more advanced knowledge.

Spoiler:

I hope I helped a little...

What happened was the boat went of without me and I turned invisible... lol

EDIT:

I think this is what you wanted me to do right?
Spoiler:

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years

What happened was the boat went of without me and I turned invisible... lol

EDIT:

I think this is what you wanted me to do right?
Spoiler:

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Are you really using applymovement to get the boat from one island to the next lol. Just do what I suggested and use a warp. Also if you want the player/camera to follow the boat you need to do to do this:

Spoiler:

Probably the most inefficient and wierdest way to do this, but if you add that one line I did it should work (unless the two maps are not connected...then it won't.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Are you really using applymovement to get the boat from one island to the next lol. Just do what I suggested and use a warp. Also if you want the player/camera to follow the boat you need to do to do this:

Spoiler:

Probably the most inefficient and wierdest way to do this, but if you add that one line I did it should work (unless the two maps are not connected...then it won't.

Um, how does making applymovement 0xFF @move3 move the camera... I already have a @move 3 btw, or did you do that on purpose?

EDIT:
Ok, well now I know how it works, btw you only move if you say no, also the part that I made red in the script does not come in affect after you reach your destination.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years

Um, how does making applymovement 0xFF @move3 move the camera... I already have a @move 3 btw, or did you do that on purpose?

EDIT:
Ok, well now I know how it works, btw you only move if you say no, also the part that I made red in the script does not come in affect after you reach your destination.

You have a compare lastresult 0x1 there for some apparent reason which skips the part in your script that you've highlighted.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
0x7F is the camera!!!!! 0xFF is the player!

Edit: whoops, sorry, I thought you wanted to move the camera independently. Yeah, that will work.

Who do you think you're trying to correct assistant?

-------------
Also, after the question, you want to compare the lastresult to NO not YES. Then make a jump to @no and continue the script, that way you don't need that many subroutines.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Who do you think you're trying to correct assistant?

-------------
Also, after the question, you want to compare the lastresult to NO not YES. Then make a jump to @no and continue the script, that way you don't need that many subroutines.

Which lastresult, and also it won't work if I press yes, but works if I press no...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back