• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah, I want to see you say that when you face Ferrothorn in Rain. Trust me Paralysis/Leech Seed/Spikes(or SR)/and Gyro Ball(or Power Whip) is NOT a fun combination to face. It's weaknesses may look obviously glaring, but Ferrothorn is not a pushover, I'll tell you that much. Don't push it without expecting to be pushed back, and it'll push hard if it has to.

Also, would anyone agree with a Corsola evo? How many people even forgot Corsola even exists? XD
Oh it does seem like it has a Uber set already (checked Smogon), well in that case I guess it may actually become full Uber, oh well I love Ferrothorn it was one of my favorites from generation 5.

Corsola evolution would be nice, it can be more colorful ^_^.

Years
Has anyone seen the new poster for the extremespeed genesect movie?

New poster for extremespeed genesect movie, and there's a tiny sableye in the corner.

Do you think it's hinting towards something? Maybe Ash'll catch one, and they'll do what they did with Aipom and bring him over to the next region and evolve him? I hope x.x

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

New poster for extremespeed genesect movie, and there's a tiny sableye in the corner.

Do you think it's hinting towards something? Maybe Ash'll catch one, and they'll do what they did with Aipom and bring him over to the next region and evolve him? I hope x.x

No wonder I've seen numerous Sableye threads at 4chan. Not sure if that means we'll be getting an evolution for it, but then again, the Johto starters appeared in Movie 12's poster before HG/SS was announced.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think just because it appears in a poster it'll automatically gain an evolution :( I mean someone could just own it and it wouldn't necessarily be evolving. I just feel like that's a -really- small hint honestly.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Delibird needs an evolution. Or a prevo. I don't really care. Also it would be neat if Chimecho got an evolution as well because I really like him but in terms of competitive play he's literally useless. It would be nice to have a Wish user like him if he were actually competent in terms of stats.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd love to see Mawile get an evolution too. I love it's concept design, but stats-wise and movepool-wise it's just meh.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If they make a Mawile evolution I'll like them to make gender based evolutions for them, as Mawhile is based on a female demon, so perhaps the female can dive deeper into that concept. The Male Mawhile can evolve into another kind of demon, or maybe turn into a plant like pokemon and gain Grass. So two evolutions to Mawhile Steel/Dark for female, and Steel/Grass for male.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
What could Stantler possibly evolve into? I feel like it's one of those Pokémon that should just stay a single-stage Pokémon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Idk, a giant angry-looking Moose, maybe? Stantler is just kind of....left behind, really. I get that there are better choices in normal types, but still. :(

I feel like it just looks like a final form Pokémon aesthetically. Of course an evolution would help it but I think the design would just be outrageous for it to happen =/

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Eh, you have a point. Can't really imagine one anyways without it looking too crazy. @_@ What about Noctowl though? It seems like it deserves an evo, too!

I guess I could potentially see one, but I don't think it's totally necessary.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm you know what'd be awesome? Braviary evolution. I want to see how far they could possibly go with that, although no doubt it'd be very strong...

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
Hmmm you know what'd be awesome? Braviary evolution. I want to see how far they could possibly go with that, although no doubt it'd be very strong...

Although I love Braviary, he really doesn't need an evolution in my opinion. It would be really strong, and it would be enormous, so I think it's perfect the way it is right now.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023

That is what i thought exactly when i saw it today. I am positive it hints towards x and y. They had no reason to release this and there is no episode that shows anyone getting one as of now. Maybe it's evolution if there is one is the mascot for gen 6 like zoroark. For those who haven't seen the poster, you can find it on bulbapedia. in the bulbanews section

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
The only time a new evo or pre-evo of a previous gen Pokémon has been a "mascot" of some kind was Pichu, and that was pretty much just to advertise the existence of baby Pokémon. Hence I find a Sableye evolution being a generation mascot of some kind implausible. :P
Evolutions for both Sableye and Mawile would be cool, although stat-wise, Sableye doesn't really need one.

You know what I want evolved? Torkoal. Give us some Fire/Water awesomeness. >:I

Years
The only time a new evo or pre-evo of a previous gen Pokémon has been a "mascot" of some kind was Pichu, and that was pretty much just to advertise the existence of baby Pokémon. Hence I find a Sableye evolution being a generation mascot of some kind implausible. :P
Evolutions for both Sableye and Mawile would be cool, although stat-wise, Sableye doesn't really need one.

You know what I want evolved? Torkoal. Give us some Fire/Water awesomeness. >:I

An evo for Torkoal would be pretty cool, actually. I think it is one of those Pokémon who could be better. Although I don't think Sableye need one, really. It's strong enough, I think.
What I hope not to see is any other Eeveelution if they are going to be like Sylveon. I don't know you guys, but for me it seems like a Victini evo, instead of an Eevee evo.
I would also like to see evos for Noctowl or for Dunsparce. Even for Smeargle. Or even, a pre-evo for some Pokémon, like idn, Miltank or Ponyta or something. It would be cute.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I don't foresee evos for gimmick Pokémon (like Smeargle, Ditto, Farfetch'd etcetera) at all. It'd just be awkward, haha.

There are certainly some pokes that would need baby evos, if for nothing else then just logic. Lickytung for example. I can't see that thing emerging directly from an egg.
A shared pre-evolution for Tauros and Miltank I feel would've been needed a very long time ago.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
A pre-evo of Tropius would be cool, I can't really find any possible Pokemon that could have a good looking evolution. Disregarding looks though, Dunsparce wins for sure.

Back