• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Good work, I tried getting pokemon trainer sprites to stand by their pokemon a while ago, it just didnt work out. but you pulled it off nicely, again good work. Screens look nice...

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I've also noticed a lack of Fighting types in your Pokedex. Also, some anomalies have cropped up. Politoed is there, but no other Polis. Hitmontop and Tyrogue are there, but no other Hitmons. Just strange, that's all.

Years
Yeah....

I like how you've excluded some of the ever-recurring ones like Machop,Gastly,Zubat,Magikarp,Tentacool....

But that thing with Politoed.....you could solve it by only making King's Rock, not Water Stone available pre-completion?

I'm guessing the legendaries are there for the legendary-obsessed players.... ^_^

Btw, love the psychadelic menus. You should have some really wacky music aswell

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
The snesals baby sprite looks too fat...
Maybe it could be on all fours?

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Baby Sneasal is awesome best of the three but I disagree with some of your choices of pokemon to remove from the main story.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Just wanted to stop in and say how great the game looks. I have been looking at the thread every now and then and things look to be going on nicely.

Bzhuan

add a g to the end of my name
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2018
Is that town over there in one of the screenies flooded? or is it just me?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
@bzhuan: Yes, it's flooded.

Hover over the screenshot. It says "who could have done this to lovely lower larcoon?". Or if it doesn't, it's very close to my words.

@personz5: I'm sure they have progress bars on the original post, aswell as a link to twitter or something, where they have more regular updates.
Also, these guys have lives, be patient. As far as I know, only Pokemon Raptor is actually completed in this showcase, so go play that while you wait. It's fairly good.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Aww. The Absol and Sneasel babies are cute. :3
However, seriously? Baby Onix?
And why did you remove Drifloon line? D:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Hey guys, I just wanted to say that this project looks pretty sweet so far. Any idea when it'll be released? Or if it had already been released, where can I find it? I was wondering, because I'd really like to try it out.

It's agianst the rules to ask for a release date, plus if there was a release therewould be a link on the first page.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Update:
Demoflashbig.gif

Yes, finally on the 6th of July, the one year anniversary of when I started the project, I'll be releasing XENOTIME's much anticipated demo. I've been promising it for a while now, and now it's finally in sight! The demo will include the first four towns: Aurora, Larcoon, Shrent and Kindlewood. Also the new HG/SS style menu system made by Crazyninjaguy will be included.

And come on guys, this deserves more than 3 stars!

---------------------------------------

What? You thought I'd just be leaving you with an update on an update? Think again! It's time to travel back to the simple beginnings of XENOTIME, and check out one of the earliest maps!
Here it is, Larcoon city:
Version 1.0
And here is the final version, ready for the demo:
Version 5.0

---------------------------------------
Comments:

@The Cynic: Thanks, they're the most popular part of XENOTIME!
I didn't really explain the reason for getting rid of some Pokémon very well. In the main games, they have around 150 Pokémon in the reginal dex, then in the national dex they have all of them. This is so that the main part of the game isn't cluttered with so many Pokémon. That's the same reason I'm revising the Pokédex, but I wanted to keep the "best" 'mon in the main game.
Of course we need Pidgey, how dare you say that xD They're liked by a majority of people, so I decided to keep them. Although Spearow and Fearow are going too now.
For legendary catching addicts.
For your other comment, I've re-revised the Pokédex so now there are more Fighting and no anomalies like that.

@loliwin: Thanks. Lots of people as well as you did, so they're staying now.

@shadowtogepi: Sorry, that's an error on my part. The Poli line has had people in outburst, almost everyone wants them kept, so they'll be staying. My most hated Pokémon ever, it has to stay out. Maybe I'll give you a seperate version with it in xD
For your other comment, I think it looks fine, it would be unatural if it was on all fours because it isn't that type of 'mon.

@PokemonOI: Thanks. You should have a go again, it took ages to do even with Luka's help, but it was worth it. Thanks again.

@Flare Riqueza: Well now Machop is back, but he won't be so common.
Yep xD
Thanks. I'm thinking maybe some music from a Mario game or something would be good.

@lopnis: Thanks. Like what?

@n0rul3s: I'll VM you.

@Ty 101: Thanks you!
Yeah, progress is going really fast now the demo needs finished in time!

@dead-man-walking: Thanks! All babies are cute! Almost...
I think it's the best one out of all of the rock types to use.
After quite an uproar, they're back.

@Team_SJK: Thank you! Well as you can see, the demo's really close to release.

@shadowtogepi: Here!

Last edited:

Alpog

Smokemon
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 8, 2011
oh noeees
just been reading through this thread, and i thought "gaaah it looks amazing i want it"
however i noticed you're making it in RMXP?
:O
I played games like Pokemon Raptor that were made in RMXP and i really disliked them, no battle animations, clunky, slow, difficult controls, BAD music, if this is what Xenotime will turn out to be like, i will be massively disappointed :(
however, if its the "easiest" way to make a pokemon game then fine, im no hacker, i can barely make a map look decent in FireRed even from just messing around. I like the simple hacks like ShinyGold where they may take a classic game and upgrade it with (awesome details /tiles) or even a fresh new idea with great graphics and the like - as i said it looks like a really good game, although if i seem stupid like "oh hey, stupid noob, all good games are made in RMXP" then i apologise, i just extremely dislike this game maker and i hope that Xenotime will be more enjoyable. Looking forward to demo, kind of.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
you know, i got REALLY confused for a second when a post that was posted on June 14 said the demo would be out on 6/7/10, until i remembered to look and see where Peeky lives, and then when seeing he lives in GB, remembered the US is stupid and does everything different from every other country, making international communication sometimes extremely confusing. because your 6/7/10 is 7/6/10 to me. curse america for not conforming like all the other countries with common sense did lmao

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Yay! I'm looking forward to the demo!. a few days after my birthday!

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
the news is great, as is the larcoon map, but i must ask: why are some of the trees...blue? i could understand for ones underwater but really? blue trees? ah ii suppose its an aesthetic choice but no matter what i'm looking forward to the demo release. long live xenotime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back