• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just defeated Burgh and obtained the Beetle Badge, I'm battling Bianca now the I'm heading through the desert.

My Team;

Dewott Lv23
Herdier Lv24
Drilbur Lv23
Munna Lv21
Sawk Lv20

Guy

just a guy
Years
Dear Journal,

I couldn't have picked a worse time to write in you now. As I stand outside in the Desert Resort - which by the way has a misleading title - my Swadloon that I caught back in Pinwheel Forest as a Sewaddle evolved into a Leavanny. She sure is a beautiful one and strong too. She reminds me of Burgh's Leavanny that I battled against right before I received my Insect Badge. Which now places me with three badges total by the way.

A lot has happened since my last log. I've captured quite a few new Pokémon along the way too. After I had arrived to Castelia City only a few days ago, I had decided to head out to Route 4 to catch up on some training. While there, I ran into a tough little Scraggy and a feisty Darumaka. Seeing how strong they were, I decided to catch them and use them against Burgh for their first gym experience. It was a great choice too, because they both did a great job.

Well, it's getting a little tough to write anymore with all the wind and sand blowing onto the paper, so I'm just going to stop here for now. Maybe when I arrive to the next city over, I'll fill you in on all what's happened since.

Until next time...

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
JAKE'S POKEMON WHITE ADVENTURE: PART ONE.

So, I stepped into the Wonderful world of Unova today, and appeared in my bedroom with my Childhood friend Cheren, awaiting the Arrival of Bianca, my other Childhood pal. So once Bianca arrived, we, or rather, I went to peek inside the little Box with a Green Ribbon on it, only to find three Starter Pokemon:

Spr_5b_495.png
Spr_5b_498.png
Spr_5b_501.png

So I went with Tepig 'cuz Pigs are cool.

Years
I move onto Nimbasa City and have a brief look around the Battle Subway, I'm not going to touch that until I've finished with the main game!

The Ferris Wheel ride with N was very weird, I don't plan on going on another one anytime soon. I was expecting a lot from the city when I saw the two stadiums and the musical theatre, but was disappointed by all three, I decided to get onto the Gym leader and get out of the town.

I'd recently caught a Sandile on route 4, he and my Audino made quick work of the gym, I'm hoping to come across a bigger challenge sooner rather than later.

One thing I was happy about with my trip to Nimbasa was the items I managed to pick up! The Macho Brace will be good for when I start to EV train, Soothe Bell, good for evolving certain pokes! Also a Sun Stone and Strength to top it off!

As I moved onto Route 5 I had a pretty good battle with Cheren, I can see him being a challenging trainer later in the game. But his Liepard, Panpour, Tranquill and Servine were no match for my Whirlipede, Blitzle, Pansear and Dewott! :)

On my way through to the next town I also managed to catch myself a Solosis, Liepard and Minccino, not planning to add them to my team, but I wanted them!! :p

Looks like Driftveil City is where my adventure will continue....

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
Well, I have to say that Unova's Gym are the most un-challenging one so far. The only trouble I had was from Elesa.

Anyways, beat Iris with my Archeops, and now to the Pokemon league!

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2011
Update

After catching my Scout, I finally reached Accumula Town meeting up with both Professor Juniper and Bianca, the Professor 'made' me heal up my Pokemon and shown me the PC & Pokemart, in the PokeCentre!!
After leaving Cheren wanted me to listen to some boring speech from Ghetsis of Team Plasma about Pokemon Liberation.. Only to be followed with a battle from the mysterious N. My "Pupps" completely owned him :)

Now heading through Route. 2 battling the three trainers to strengthen up my team after recieving the Xtransciever from my Mom, I get challenged by Bianca with her Lillipup and Oshawott which was another win for me.
Now in Staiton City I collected a few items including the Liberty Pass. (Victini) ;) Heading East i battled a couple of other trainers only to be given a new Pokemon, my "Paddle" the Panpour. Using Paddle I defeated Cheren with his Tepig, back on Route.2 I randomly caught myself a Purrloin.. "Scrath" who i have no intentions of using, now I'm about to challenge the Straiton City Pokemon Gym for the Trio Badge.

- Current Party -
Smuggy Lv.12 (♂)
Pupps Lv.11 (♂)
Scout Lv.9 (♀)
Paddle Lv.11 (♀)
Scratch Lv.5 (♀)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just arrived in Nimbasa City, I also took a trip back to Nacrene City and revived my new Plume fossil, I'm just doing some training on route 5 before I head to the gym.

My team;

Dewott Lv26
Herdier Lv26
Drilbur Lv25
Sawk Lv25
Archen Lv25

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I started playing this Black on Monday morning and here we are on Wednesday afternoon and I have a Swoobat, Scolipede, Emboar, Simisage, Seismetoad, and a Liepard. I also just caught Reshiram after I spent several hours trying to defeat the Elite Four. Right now I'm resting there, I havent gone anywhere after I've beaten Team Platinum because it took a lot of effort to get to this point so quickly.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Picked up my game on Sunday and started with Tepig (named Floink). Got my water monkey (named sux) and beat the first gym. Caught a few fodder Pokémon and as soon as I could, traded in my Litwick, Vanillite, Cherubi, and Joltik. Had to train them all up from level 1 (ugggh) and then even more because I couldn't beat the second gym (more ugggh) but after that I was on my way. :D Took down the next few gyms easily. Added a Sandile to my team with the WORST POSSIBLE NATURE (modest fml). Then added Ducklett.

I'm heading through the Electric Cave now (forget its english name). My current team:
Spr_5b_421.png
582.png
607-1.png
595.png
552.png
580.png

さくら (Sakura) ♀ LV30 | Roxas ♂ LV29 | Flamberge ♀ LV28 | Joltula ♀ LV28 | Terra ♂ LV29 | Dominico ♂ LV28​

I'm thinking of ditching Dominico. :[ He's just not really doing it for me, sadly. But I'll keep him until the point I (possibly) find a replacement, I suppose.

(I should stop procrastinating and go do this stupid cave, lol.)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Finally defeated Elesa and obtained the Bolt Badge which took me 3 attempts to defeat her, I think the extra training paid off.

My Team:

Dewott Lv27
Herdier Lv27
Drilbur Lv28
Sawk Lv27
Archen Lv27

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
just got past celestial tower and caught Litwick. cant wait to use him! about to face the 6th gym.
I need a decent pokemon that can learn fly. any suggestions?

my current team

Tirtouga Lv32

Krokork Lv 33

Ferroseed Lv 33

Victini Lv 33

Servine Lv 33

Scraggy Lv 32.

Years
Just made it to Castelia City. The game is just so amazing. Sky Arrow Bridge looks so amazing during the night time.
My current team consist of:

Pignite Lv 26
Gurdurr Lv 24
Tranquil Lv 24
Zebstrika Lv 27

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
Dear Journal...

Lots of changes since I last updated. I had to put Gurdurr and Simisear on the hold for now, Simisear's at the daycare and Gurdurr's with Juniper. However, I have added 2 new members to my group. Litwick and Cubchoo!

In the time we've been together, Cubchoo's evolved into Beartic and took down Drayden, and Litwick's become a Lampent. So now I'm looking at a full team. We finally brave our way through Victory road...and lose against the first member of the Elite 4.

I've got some training to do.

-Michael.

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Yup, so I'm training to fight Skyla right now.

Boldore (Gotta evolve him soon) Lv. 36
Sigilyph Lv. 35
Stoutland Lv.35
Gurdurr (Gotta evolve him too) Lv. 35
Samurott Lv. 36

I might add and train a Joltik on my team.

I need a decent pokemon that can learn fly. any suggestions?

Sigilyph is pretty good for me.

Last edited:

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
Years
Just got to the Pokemon League. Gonna do some training before I take on the E4.

Team:
Samurott - lvl 45
Simisear - lvl 45
Zebstrika - lvl 43
Gurdurr - lvl 45
Leavanny - lvl 43
Sigilyph - lvl 42

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I really should've posted here from the start D:
Oh well, better late than never.

So after exploring the water I noticed on Route 1 when I started my journey all that time ago by surfing out on the back Fin (my Carracosta), we discovered some strong currents that led us to a small island out west. I met a nice Treasure Hunter there who offered me a Pokémon Egg! Unfortunately, I didn't have enough space to carry the little guy (or girl!) back.

So after flying back to Accumula town on Pteryx (my female Archeops that I raised from a Pokémon Egg I received in a trade) to make some room for that egg and fetch Alexandr the Mienfoo (named after Alexandr Orlov the Meerkat) who I had just caught just outside the Dragonspiral Tower recently and knew strength to move some large boulders that I had seen around that island.

After returning again with my new Pokémon egg resting snugly in my backpack I took back Zephyr (my Ga;vantula) and Verde (my Serperior) from the PC I headed East from Nimbasa to explore and found a strange woman in a caravan. After being tipped off by a friend who lived in Johto, I headed back to take out my Crown Beasts that said friend had sent me. After coming back to the suspicious woman she attacked me! In turne out she was an Entei! Then, after Zephyr took down her health a bit, she transformed, yet again into a Zoroark! I immediately threw a Great Ball and caught her. I don't think liked being disturbed, but she decided to come with me anyway, so I guess she likes me.

After, Braces (my Scraggy) took part in the Sweet Souirée at the Pokémon Musical. He looked so cute dancing with his partner like that, swinging his walking stick like a real pro. I eventually decided I had procrastinated enough and did as Alder had suggested and headed off to Opelucid City to meet with Drayden and Iris.
As I reached the Tubeline Bridge, I was met by Bianca again. She told me she had decided she wanted to be a model like Elesa and also a Professor like Prof Juniper and I defeated her in battle again (I'm really starting to feel sorry for her).

I've just reached Opelucid City Now and just watched Ghetsis on one of his "inspirational" speeches.

Pokédex Count:
Seen: 108 Obtained: 81

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just defeated Clay, this has been the easiest gym battle so far, my Dewott took down Krokorok (I hope i spelt that right lol) in 2 hits with Razor Shell, Excadrill went down in 2 hits from Sawk's Brick Break attack and my Herdier knocked out Palpitoad in 2 hits with it's Return attack.

My Team;

Dewott Lv30
Herdier Lv29
Drilbur Lv29
Sawk Lv30
Archen Lv29

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
I feel really bad that I haven't started writing on here from the beginning of my journey. But the last few days I haven't really had time to sit and write it out all from memory, cause I've never really been home.

So, just recently I've gone back through all the routes and found all the good TMs that I've missed, and I've also picked myself up a Larveta(sp?) egg. I can't wait for my firey moth of doom. >:)

I am on my way to capture Reshiram, and my team is as follows:

Samurott Lv41 (m)
Quiet @ Mystic Water
-Slash
-Aqua Jet
-Surf
-X-Scissor

Excadrill Lv42 (f)
Adamant @ Soft Sand
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake

Darmanitan Lv42 (f)
Docile @ Expert Belt
-Work Up
-Hammer Arm
-Flare Blitz
-Facade

Whimsicott Lv41 (m)
Calm @ Big Root
Prankster
-Stun Spore
-Giga Drain
-PoisonPowder
-Grass Knot

Cofagrigus Lv41 (m)
Calm @ Shell Bell
-Power Split
-Shadow Ball
-Guard Split
-Will-o-Wisp

Sawk Lv39 (m)
Timid @ Quick Claw
-Payback
-Bulk Up
-Brick Break
-Double Kick

If there natures are not good, it's only because for in-game teams I'm not too concerned. But as soon as I transfer over my Dittos and such, I will be EV training with correct natures. But other than that, I'm thinking of replacing Sawk with a better Pokemon. Perhaps a dragon type....hmmmm.... I'll get back to you. XD

Get Ice type, not Dragon type. GO VANILLUXE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, Reshiram is L50 and when you face Ghetsis you'll need to fend off against like a L54 Hydreigon or something, you need more grinding kid.

hey i preordered the game and got it the day it came out, but i have one question; why does it say "atumn (of fall) as a season when it's winter where i live?

thats cause the seasons don't correspond to where you live (seasons change every month). That way, it's easier to catch Pokemon who only appear in a certain season like Beartic only appears in Winter so instead of waiting like a year you only have to wait four months (still a lot, you could beat a game in four months but nonetheless...)

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Time for my daily update! :D

- Caught a Woobat. I need a Pokemon that can learn Fly.
- Trained Woobat up.
- Trained my team up to level 20.
- Beat Lenora. She kept hitting with Hypnosis. -_-
- Beat Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest.
- Caught all the Pokemon (besides Pansage >_>) that was available so far in the game.
- Got the Liberty Ticket.
- Stopped to do an hour of Precalculus. Yay.
- Caught a Victini in a Great Ball (yay for Servine with Glare.) It's Rash which is a decent nature for it. :)

Here is my current team:

Victini Lv.15
Rash
- Confusion
- Incinerate
- Quick Attack
- Endure

Woobat Lv.23 Female Unaware
Serious
- Heart Stamp
- Air Cutter
- Confusion
- Assurance

Shiny Servinve Lv.23 Male
Hardy w/Eviolite
- Leaf Tornado
- Tackle
- Glare
- Leech Seed

Dewott Lv.24 Male
Adamant w/Mystic Water
- Razor Shell
- Retaliate
- Water Gun
- Fury Cutter

I am debating on a 5th member of my team. An Ice type would be nice..or maybe I want a Dragon type..or maybe a certain Bug/Steel type..or maybe a ghost type. hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back