• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
It's pretty easy and fast to cook, just easy to overcook it all.

Spoiler:

LOL
I kind of was expecting the steak to be inside the spoiler. How could that be?

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I don't even know what I want to eat tonight. I just eat whatever is in the fridge but I try to make sure it's good for me.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
God! You guys made me hungry again. I'll have to wait 'til my mother decides to cook again but i'll gladly take some "carapina".

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
LOL
I kind of was expecting the steak to be inside the spoiler. How could that be?

Spoiler:

No more food talk then? Hmm.

So, what is everyones jobs/careers? Or are you in education, if so what are you studying?

I did A-levels,[astrophysics, maths, geography] currently doing an I.T. tech / computer science degree.
Working in a nightclub and a bar, weekend nights and week days respectively.

Tell me everything, I hunger for knowledge of your lives.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Studying in Car Mechanics and then when I'm done with that, I'll be studying car bodywork.

I'm currently working as a auto mechanic aide since I don't have my diploma for to be a car mechanic yet.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Well i am still at school doing 10th grade. After that, i plan on studying Computer Programming at an uni.
I currently have no jobs as i am only 15. Maybe after 2 or 3 years, i'll take a part-time to take care of myself. What i am going to study is really needed where i live.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Well i am still at school doing 10th grade. After that, i plan on studying Computer Programming at an uni.
I currently have no jobs as i am only 15. Maybe after 2 or 3 years, i'll take a part-time to take care of myself. What i am going to study is really needed where i live.

Ah that's something I can get behind. Coding can be really satisfying, and if you've got the attitude for it, then it can be super simple to learn, like ace-all-your-classes easy.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I don't know how to explain what I am studying since educational systems don't match one to each other but... This is my last year in high school, I'll start university in September and I'll do Computer Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering (I still have to make a decision).

I already have good skills on coding, and I do love coding :)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I overlooked the basic coding in C and i have to say that they're not that hard if you take enough time to understand them. It's fairly easy.
I also love playing video games and i wanted to create some one day. Maybe i'll take additional courses for Game Designer.
@Xeninacra: I couldn't help but see that you wrote "Septembre". Do you talk french?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm studying nothing, but next year I will be going to a college for Culinary Arts.
Now I need moral support on something. I had my suspicions about my friends for a while now, cause they have been a bit mean to mean about certain economic decisions that are more the fault of my parents then me. Anyway, I decided to enable a keylogger for Facebook through Greasemonkey, and now have the password to a Facebook for one of these friends. I don't know how to handle the situation I'm in to put it blunt. I have read some convos, searched around, and even found out that my parents are even hiding things that they've told them. Who do I confront first? I mean literally, I can't confront them him till get to read the rest, but on the other hand logging into his FB feels wrong, to say the least. Any advice?

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I overlooked the basic coding in C and i have to say that they're not that hard if you take enough time to understand them. It's fairly easy.
I also love playing video games and i wanted to create some one day. Maybe i'll take additional courses for Game Designer.
@Xeninacra: I couldn't help but see that you wrote "Septembre". Do you talk french?

Game Designer? That sounds pretty cool. Same for me, but I'd like Game Coder better.

Hmm well, I must say that I wrote "Septembre" because I didn't type "September" properly (lol) but... yeah, I know French haha not very much but I do.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Well, Elendil your situation is rather unexplainable but i suggest you try to know what's going on. Talk to your parents freely. If they trust you enough, maybe they will tell you what's happening. I don't really what it is so i can't give more advices.
EDIT :
@Xeninacra: Since i'm good with plots maybe i'll try to be Game Designer. But i'll study Programming first.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Its not much really that they're not telling me, its just that I didn't know they talked about certain things with them.

Sir Codin

I got Jury Duty. Summons came today.

ASDFHASDFKLSJDFLJSALDJFSLFJKDADALDFHASKASKDFSHFDLSKFJALSDFJSFUKKINHELLASFDJFLAJDSFASDFASLJKDFBULLSCHITTESDFJWEOJWLEKFWLFKDFSLDKA!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!1123@@#@

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Its not much really that they're not telling me, its just that I didn't know they talked about certain things with them.

Be honest with your parents, not matter what.
My father was, to put it bluntly a homophobic bigot and an arse. He threw me out of the house when I was 17 just for being honest. None-the-less sitting here today, I'm glad it happened that way, even if it means my fathers disappointed or even ashamed of me. That's his loss, I was the honest one and he's in the wrong.

Worst case scenario, they are hiding something from you. You should confront them, or at least talk to them about your feelings and see what they say. At the end of the day they are your parents and they should have your side on anything important.

It's most likely that you're overthinking things, but It's still best to be honest.
Now I'm not saying you should tell your friend about the facebook stuff, I can imagine that would be pretty hard to admit, and they would probably feel it an invasion of privacy.

Just be open with your friends and family, and see where it leads. Try not to over think things if you can help it, I know it's hard sometimes.

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
I'm a junior in High School, so I've still got a bit. But once I graduate, I'm going to a University to double major in History and in Education.

I'd love to be a History Teacher, most of them that I've had have been really good, but just don't teach History like it should be taught. It's just the story of us, how we got where we are.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That's the thing, the invasion of privacy bit. I know that I have a punch to the face coming to me with it, but I felt it was right to do so. Gets a load off my chest, allows me to see how they really feel about me, and it also gives me an idea of how secretive they really are to me. I don't mind if they have secrets, but as a close knit group of friends who know everything and anything about each other, for me to find out I really know jack crap about them cause they really don't see me the same way even though we are close? Unnerving to an extreme degree, and quite unforgivable. But my parents are minor, so that one can be brushed aside for now.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
That's the thing, the invasion of privacy bit. I know that I have a punch to the face coming to me with it, but I felt it was right to do so. Gets a load off my chest, allows me to see how they really feel about me, and it also gives me an idea of how secretive they really are to me. I don't mind if they have secrets, but as a close knit group of friends who know everything and anything about each other, for me to find out I really know jack crap about them cause they really don't see me the same way even though we are close? Unnerving to an extreme degree, and quite unforgivable. But my parents are minor, so that one can be brushed aside for now.

Well then I'd say you should try to be mature and just come clean, explain to them how guilty you feel and at the same time how worried/paranoid you felt in order to do it. I'm sure they'll understand, and most likely forgive you. If they don't then they really don't deserve a friend such as you. You're clearly feeling guilty which shows you have a good conscience, and are thus a good person.

Good people do bad things sometimes, for the right reasons.

Either way, I hope things work out for the best, at the end of the day the only thing you can do is own up first. I mean, imagine if you didn't own up, and then they found out anyway. I'm sure that would make both them and you feel much worse.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm right with Somniac. Your friends should at least tell you these things and be right with you. That would unnerve me as well. But you have to tell him what you did and why you did it. That's the best thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back