• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

The Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
Years
I really like Xerneas' typing.
It should be able to wreck a ton of other guys in Ubers do to it being immune to Dragon. Maybe they'll have to ban it or something!

Years
Well Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt were essentially Fire and Electric Earthquakes respectively, so perhaps?

Not exactly, since they don't hit your teammates or multiple foes. However what made Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt unique was that one of the two moves hits harder when used after the other. I am hoping Geomancy is not a charging move like what François said. Although being a Hyper Beam variant won't hurt either. I want my beloved Xerneas to get a reliable signature move.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Not exactly, since they don't hit your teammates or multiple foes. However what made Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt unique was that one of the two moves hits harder when used after the other. I am hoping Geomancy is not a charging move like what François said. Although being a Hyper Beam variant won't hurt either. I want my beloved Xerneas to get a reliable signature move.
There's not much difference between it being a Ice burn or a Hyper Beam other than the fact that you have to survive a hit before hitting opposed to hitting first then surviving for the next attack.

Oblivion wing seems more special as it appears like Yvetal is healing after using the move. Hopefully Geomancy will have a secondary effect too.

Nakala Pri

Too bad Pancham evo just look like the two other bear evo but in panda version, would prefered something a bit different.

210px-614Beartic.png
150px-217Ursaring.png

However... Panda's are extremely awesome and powerful so I understand the appeal which caused Game Freak to make this Pokemon. I quite like it, actually, but yeah, it does resemble the others to a point where you cannot appreciate the Panda Pokemon's greatness.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I really believe that it's time for the days of the recharging moves to come to an end. Or at least, that's what I'm hoping for will happen. Ever since Roar of Time, which was learned by Dialga in Gen 4 (along with Giga Impact), it seems to me that the introduction of new moves that require recharging has reduced itself to zilch (at least, I don't remember any moves that require you to recharge in Gen 5). Instead of wasting a completely good turn waiting to recharge, we have moves that lower your stats as a consequence, which is a much lesser evil as you at least have a turn to switch out and switch back in again, inflicting massive amounts of damage each time you do.

See: Victini in UU, essentially.

In any case, I do not believe that Geomancy nor Oblivion wing will not be moves that require a recharge, rather I think they will be moves that would have heavy secondary effects, or rather moves that would be similar in nature to V-Create, inflicting massive amounts of damage whilst lowering the user's stats significantly. Going by what has happened last generation, what with Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W suffering no negative ailments whatsoever as a result of using their own signature moves, I can safely assume that this might ring true for these legendaries as well, making them more powerful than they should be, but eh.

Or you know, they could bring back the old Gen 1 mechanic of recharging moves skipping the recharging part after landing a successful KO, thus making Hyper Beam and other rechargable moves used more often back in the old Red/Blue days.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Since when does Hyper Beam ever get a successful KO on anything nowadays? Given the complete list of normal-types up to this point (meaning that, of course, I'm not sure if there's going to be more specially-based normal-types in this generation as opposed to the last), it doesn't seem likely that hyperbeam would fit in any moveslot, much less dent anything significantly even if it could fit.

On anything else, having rechargeable moves be non-recharge-able after a successful kill would just render them ridiculously overpowered, therefore banning said moves from competitive play. I mean, Frenzy Plant Venusaur in sun? Blast Burn Solar Power Charizard in Sun? Hydro Cannon subpetaya Empoleon? No thanks.
Well there is a reason for why they changed it back in Generation II, the no recharge if KO made Hyper Beam over powered at the time, though it seems to have been nerfed as time went on...

I'm hoping that Geomancy won't be another Hyper Beamesk attack like Roar of Time was. I'll rather have a fairy version of Earthquake or even Aero Blast than that.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
Since when does Hyper Beam ever get a successful KO on anything nowadays? Given the complete list of normal-types up to this point (meaning that, of course, I'm not sure if there's going to be more specially-based normal-types in this generation as opposed to the last), it doesn't seem likely that hyperbeam would fit in any moveslot, much less dent anything significantly even if it could fit.

porygon z with adaptability can run hyper beam to get a ko on a huge amount of otherwise specially defensive pokemon, but there are generally better options. other than that, yeah it's pretty sub-par.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Unless the scoop of the century is that every region will be in this game, or that it is magically platform compatible, or something along those lines, I have a feeling that this "scoop of the century" will be very anti climactic.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
they look more like old-school Digimon than Pokémon. :\
I dunno. That's just me. :3

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
I like it. I'm glad it looks exactly like the most recent drawing of it, because that sketch was what I was hoping for it to look like.

Too be honest, I thought it would be a lot bigger. I guess I was too used to comparing it with Cherrymon from Digimon, but now that I think about it, none of the sprites I've seen have truly matched their actual height, so it doesn't matter to me. XD

Also, I noticed the EXP bar is no longer a solid two colors, but now has a fade effect to it.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I really like this thing. I'm glad it matches the final picture Serebii showed cause that's the one I liked the most. I really hope that it's a Grass/Dark cause to me it looks like it's sort of evil or posses.

they look more like old-school Digimon than Pokémon. :\
I dunno. That's just me. :3

I honestly don't get why everyone is saying it "looks like a Digimon". Even after looking at Digimon such as "Woodmon" and "Cherrymon" I still don't see much resemblance. Oorotto looks much more slender and a bit taller than both of those Digimon and it has fewer foliage. I think it's distinctive enough to not resemble any Digimon too much. Not similar enough in my opinion.

Besides, there shouldn't be a stereotype or set definition of what either a Pokemon or a Digimon should look like. That should be up to their respective creators.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I honestly don't get why everyone is saying it "looks like a Digimon". Even after looking at Digimon such as "Woodmon" and "Cherrymon" I still don't see much resemblance.

I didn't say that it looked like those two Digimons.
I only said that it looked like a Digimon. :3

But anyway, about its type, yeah, I could also see it being Grass/Dark type. :3

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
I think the only reason why I mentioned "Cherrymon" in my post was from the early, early sketches of it. I guess I just grew that mindset that it would be similar to it in stature. Fortunately it isn't, and I think that it's a genuine Pokemon. :)

Typing-wise, I'll throw a dart at the board blind-folded and just say Grass/Ghost(hopefully!) or Grass/Dark(will settle, but it's nothing brand new). There is a possibility of it being Grass/Fairy too, but for whatever reason I just don't see it. I guess it's because my mind is tainted from how I perceive fairies, even though fairies in folklore can be demonic or "fallen."

Years
Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost

The rot could indicate, decaying or death, which would suit ghost-type.
The rot could indicate, spoiled or impure, which would suit dark-type.

Back