• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sweet 2th - Sugary Sweet Seconds! 8/21/2017 bugfix available

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
tZIctRz.png

Hack name: Pokémon Sweet 2th
Hack of: Pokémon FireRed US Version 1.0 ROM
Language: English

Reminder: When you play this game in VBA make sure to change the emulator's save settings to Flash 128k or you can't save! I also recommend having rewind enabled for your safety.

Two and a half years ago, I dropped Fire Red and a box of chocolate bunnies into a blender. This resulted in two things: The world's worst smoothie, and an idea for a ROM hack in which the world of Pokémon melds with Candyland in every respect, from the Pokémon themselves to the moves that they used. And then I actually made that ROM hack, and it proved to be a refreshing hit with players, as is evident by the amount of fanart that began to pop up. Heck, I even made TVTropes! You guys really know how to butter me up.

The fanart and fan sprites, coupled with the fact that the original hack was made during a time when I wasn't all that experienced with hacking Fire Red, inspired me to create a sequel - this time using all the knowledge I had gained in those two years, an entirely new region instead of a reskin of the original, and more than double the number of PokéSweets the original had. Throw in a twist or two that you might not be expecting, and here we are:

FEATURES
- Crafting: Just like the previous hack, craft EV items out of berries, this time at any house with a kitchen sink
- Fast Travel: Anytime you are outdoors, you can warp to any known location using the Start menu
- No HMs here: Your PokéSweets clear obstacles without need for HMs or badges
- Customizable music: Use the Music Player item to change what music plays in battle
- A grand total of 386 PokéSweets: The original 151 return, along with over 200 new treats made by the fans
- Mega Evolutions: Courtesy of Touched, 25 real Mega Evolutions, fresh out of the oven
- Non-linear map: Depending on the starter you select, you will take one of three routes through the region
- Sidequests: Just like before, many NPCs will reward you for completing their tasks
- Non-breaking Sweet Balls: Your balls don't break if they fail to capture, but they are now more expensive to compensate
- Cookbook incentives: Get rewarded with cool items for Cookbook completion

SCREENSHOTS
oyVdHSv.png
nrAWask.png
a5c9jKO.png

VcpvPRQ.png
xyD1yLb.png
iUq9hcx.png

aKlpwVc.png
sWAPZLO.png
PwHVtfK.png

TOxVmgi.png
R1MOMcz.png
3zh5DZ4.png

2sE73zB.png
A6e65Bv.png
vDzQG99.png

And before I forget, the type chart is the same as before:
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ib490bsis3z8ig/PokemonSweet2th.ups

Note: The patch for this hack is a UPS patch, which is a less common patch type. If you don't have a program that can apply such a patch, there's a pretty nice one here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/606/

11/25/2016 update patch

Download here!

Hey everyone, I've got a bugfix patch for you all. This patch makes the following changes:
Spoiler:

12/13/2016 update patch

Download Here!

Okay, this should fix the issue where encountering Candform freezes the game. In case something still goes wrong with him, I've removed him as a random encounter; instead there is now a house in Bakewell Island where you can recieve him as a gift Pokemon. The same house will also have an NPC that teaches Metronome if you so desire it.

I've also taken the opportunity to add a new feature - previously, I left the Pokedex unchanged from vanilla Fire Red, but in the newest patch, the Pokedex can now sort the Pokesweets you've collected by who it was that made its sprite. It's quite interesting to look at who made what; we've all got unique styles IMO.

1/2/2017 update patch

Download Here!

This patch fixes a few errors regarding the typing of some Pokesweets and moves as well as another error that prevented encounters from occurring on Route 4. Happy New Year!

1/18/2017 bugfix patch
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?93s8baqi6yojd5w

7/17/2017 bugfix patch
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tvtdlas5emilrga/PokeSweet2th_7_17_2017.ups

8/08/2017 bugfix patch
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ylc8iydvv673av/PokeSweet2th_8_08_2017.ups

8/21/2017 bugfix patch
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zxj8894tu96uvkr/PokeSweet2th_8_21_2017.ups

Credits
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2019
YES! Pokemon sweet was fucking awesome I wasn't aware you were making another one?

One question, will this have a physical/special split? The old pokesweet not having it made some mons pretty useless

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
When I woke up earlier today and saw this I already felt the hype. I really liked the original's idea of mixing sweets and pokemon because of the originality of the idea plus I'm totally not a pastry chef in training and have no bias whatsoever.

What I think has won me over though is that it is a brand new region and not a remade Kanto, plus the non linear map structure sounds really interesting, although I kinda have one fear that the level curve is going to be a little odd with the structure, but I'm sure you'll figure something out.

So yeah, I can't wait to try this out and try going through the region with each starter Who am I kidding? Brownisaur is always the only option. Always.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
YES! Pokemon sweet was ****ing awesome I wasn't aware you were making another one?

One question, will this have a physical/special split? The old pokesweet not having it made some mons pretty useless

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, physical/special split is implemented this time.

Also, this hack is fully playable to the ending.

I just hope I don't end up with dozens of bugs like last time

Zervais

Island Kahuna
Years
I am definitely downloading this as soon as I get on my computer!

You know it took me a while to understand the title, I thought you wasn't aware it goes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th ect, and you thought 2nd was actually 2th but I totally get the pun now, just say it out loud - two-th - tooth. Sweet Tooth!

Reactions: Z25

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
The oran puff isnt used by the Pokemon as a held item

Also it has the mail function

Edit: Skitto doesnt have a type, or maybe it just doesnt show:
G9u4GFI.jpg

Edit 2: Limeshroom's front sprite looks like its floating with no shadow
And growth sharply raises attack and sp. attack when not under the sun (and i didnt even make my brownisaur learn it :()

Edit3: When chocosaur evolves you can't cut trees anymore

Last edited:

e3

Years
The IV system is all Zs for me.

k51zCwf.jpg

Although that might be the rom I'm using.

And also, the Oran Puff seems to be bugged. When i tried to give it to a mon, it asked me to put a message in?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 21, 2018
I feel so honoured to contribute to this. Though which of my Pokesweets are in again? I forgot.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
The IV system is all Zs for me.

k51zCwf.jpg

Although that might be the rom I'm using.

And also, the Oran Puff seems to be bugged. When i tried to give it to a mon, it asked me to put a message in?

The status screen is not bugged. It's displaying EVs, not IVs.

About the Oran Puff, the slot it uses was originally occupied by a mail item. I'm not sure how to remove that property so I suppose I'll have to move it to another slot in the future.

Not sure what's going on with Skitto. It seems only his type is not displayed for some reason.

thomasfan22: I used 19 of your sprites. They are:
Spoiler:

Years
I think I found a glitch. When you go into Mt.Candy, you can activate strength on those rocks on the top left of the map. Then you can go to the cave exit/entrance where there is a strength rock blocking it. Since you already activated strength it will push the rock without stopping you. You can go in, which spoils that whole area, and if you can survive the wild pokemon, you can have a static encounter with 2 legends. You should fix this on your next update Ephraim.

Yomandork

The Absol Fan
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2016
What HarshBroz said. I was going through the room and I lost my breath when I saw a
Spoiler:

I realized what's in the spoiler might spoil it somehow? But basically yeah in the area there's high level pokemon...

Other than that, this game is so awesome. I'm super glad you released it the day before I stayed homesick. It brought me a lot of joy with how addicting it is. Nice work =)

Yomandork

The Absol Fan
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2016
Also worth mentioning: Nanadile doesn't show his typing either. I assume it's Banana?

And how am I supposed to evolve my Angeino and Weepeanut? Are there stones that I need/where can I get them?

Back