• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon LeafYellow - Beta 1.3 released!

PKMNTrainerGui

PKMNTrainerGui
Years
~Hack Info~
Title: Pokémon LeafYellow
Creator: PKMNTrainerGui

Rom Base: Pokémon Fire Red 1.0 (Squirrels)
LeafYellow's region is inspired in the Brazil contry (country where I live)

~Hack Story~

You are a 12 year old boy who is about to join the Pokémon League. And along with their rival, they explore the entire region of Silbra. But strange events occur during your journey. Because of Team Spirit's guilt, you and your rival Ryotaro help stop Team Spirit and continue the peace of the Silbra region.

~Features~
  • New history.
  • New music.
  • New characters.
  • Day and night system
  • New Trainer Sprites.
  • New scripts, events and secrets to discover.
  • New additional Pokémon.
  • Much more in the new betas!/LIST]

~Used Programs~
  • Advance Map
  • PGE
  • Sappy and Mid2agb
  • NSE and UNLZGBA
  • Cry Editor
  • Hopeless Trainer Editor (HTE)
  • Advance Text
  • Intro Manager
  • Intro Text Editor
  • HXD Hex Editor
  • Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition
  • XSE

~Screnshots~
    KPp3H9V.png

~Bugs~
    There is a bug with Town Map, but it does not disturb anything in the gameplay.

~Upcoming Features~
    Mega-Evolution (If anyone knows how to put the Mega-Evolution, I'll be very grateful!)
    Exp-All;
    New tilesets and sprites;

~Download~

Here is!: https://www.dropbox.com/s/36eitz5txzo3717/LeafYellowBeta1.3.0.ips?dl=0

~Credits~

All of the creators of the programs

Diegoisawesome's HUGE XSE scripting tutorial

The DS sprites 64x64 by ChaosRush

Day and night system by jambo51

For the Pokémon Company and Nintendo to making the game

~Updates~

Update 03/03/19:

Fixed some bugs with sprites, maps and dialogs.

~Trailer~

I made a trailer, but when the hack is complete I will make another improved and more beautiful..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QafPDG7YJR0

I hope all of you enjoy the hack! (And sorry for the english, I'm brazillian).
    Bye bye!

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Looks very awesome! Oh and also, if you want to know how to put in the Mega Evolutions, I would definitely look at this guide for more information.

Anyways, I really do wish you the best of luck with making Pokémon LeafYellow in the future, and I'm really looking forward to seeing some new information in the future.

PKMNTrainerGui

PKMNTrainerGui
Years
Looks very awesome! Oh and also, if you want to know how to put in the Mega Evolutions, I would definitely look at this guide for more information.

Anyways, I really do wish you the best of luck with making Pokémon LeafYellow in the future, and I'm really looking forward to seeing some new information in the future.

Thank you!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
I know this hack is still very early in development, and you might be changing some things, but some suggestions:

-The game's name is pretty uninspired. Especially since they have nothing to do with Leaf Green or Yellow as far as I can tell.
-The spritework is pretty bad. I think some practice could go a long way (what's up with the female intro sprite, the male protags hair, etc)
-For a Brazil-based region, I heavily question the Japanese names you gave everyone. Gives off a weeaboo vibe.
-Back on the sprites, consider making some customs for the protags since edited Red and Leaf is very very 2006. As they are now they actively look worse than the originals.

And a question:
Are you going to use FRLG tiles, or do you have plans for some custom tiles?

Either way, as it is right now I can only assume you are new to ROM hacking, best of luck. Please consider some of the suggestions, they will make the game look much more appealing for more people.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
wow a new rom hack in the works. it's always a cool sight to see. Wish you luck in completion. i'm for sure going to give this a try.

PKMNTrainerGui

PKMNTrainerGui
Years
I know this hack is still very early in development, and you might be changing some things, but some suggestions:

-The game's name is pretty uninspired. Especially since they have nothing to do with Leaf Green or Yellow as far as I can tell.
-The spritework is pretty bad. I think some practice could go a long way (what's up with the female intro sprite, the male protags hair, etc)
-For a Brazil-based region, I heavily question the Japanese names you gave everyone. Gives off a weeaboo vibe.
-Back on the sprites, consider making some customs for the protags since edited Red and Leaf is very very 2006. As they are now they actively look worse than the originals.

And a question:
Are you going to use FRLG tiles, or do you have plans for some custom tiles?

Either way, as it is right now I can only assume you are new to ROM hacking, best of luck. Please consider some of the suggestions, they will make the game look much more appealing for more people.

1_The name LeafYellow come from Brazil, because have the amazonic forest and yellow from the Green and Yellow colors, representing the colors of Brazil.

2_The sprites, If you have suggestions of what I can do I would be very grateful as I am new to hack rom.

3_The japanese names, I wanted to choose them because the Progs are Japanese descendants. But I understand you.

4_The Backsprites, I made ones in the DS style. But I choosed the FRLG style. I'm going to use the DS sprites.

5_Yes. I'm going to insert new tiles. The DPPT or the HGSS tiles.

Thanks for the rewiew! I hope with your evaluation I improve enough! Thank you!

And sorry for the english, I'm brazillian.

Back