• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Beginner Hacker :)
Years
Alright, so I just joined but I've been lurking for a long time here. This is my second try over a year to hack a Pokemon rom (I picked Leaf Green just to be silly), but I'm having a problem that I really don't see a solution for on this board. I've downloaded this PKSV because I keep having a "runtime error 53 file not found" message pop up when I try to compile a script back into the Leaf Green rom through Rubicon ScriptEd via Advance Map. So I chose this as a solution, seeing as I CANNOT SAVE SCRIPTS FOR SOME REASON. Sorry. Not being able to save scripts is...tiresome. So I picked PKSV. Only, the batch file, that AssociateShell? It won't run. Just won't do it. I keep trying it and it's just ACCESS IS DENIED-ing itself at me repeatedly, and being as I am a Vista user, I tried it under "Run as Administrator." Now it's telling me it just can't find the damned thing. It's convinced, despite the two and all the other files being in the SAME FOLDER, that the PKSV file isn't there. Just is not there at all.

Would one of you scripting gods bend over softly and point your magic index finger of justice towards my terrible problem? :D

EDIT: I mean, maybe I'm just not doing this right. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on the scripting front, but I've peeked under every rock I could find. When I "compile" the whodiddlywhatsits, I'm supposed to do so into the actual rom amiright? Click the rom and go "save as?" I just noticed the binary option (SOMEHOW I MISSED IT D: ) and now my world has just flung itself sideways, violently. Any help at all? Mucho appreciated, hombres et senoras.

EDIT TWO: OMG LONG MESSAGE WHAT? Sorry guys.
Anyway, I fixed the compiling problem! THE SPACES IN THE ROM TITLE. Who knew? Apparently, everyone else. But still, as for this main PKSV thing, it sounds interesting and I want to be in on it. It's like the party I never really got invited to, and I'm outside in the rain, staring through the glass at this awesome cake you're all standing around. Help plz? No more long messages from me anymore.

1. O.K, Have you tried to re-donwload the folder? Then try to compile the .bat file. If it still says acces denied, Run it as Administrator. If it still doesn't work, then I don't know.

2. You stuffed up bad here. O.K open up pksvui, open up the ROM tools tab and click on Open ROM, select your desired ROM. Make your script, get the offset (0x800000(e.g)) and put it in front of the #ORG. (This is if you want to Save the script) Now goto the File tab (at the top) and click Save As and save it where you want. (This is if you want to add it to the game) Press F9 to compile the script (this can also be done via ROM tools), a notepad file should pop-up. Copy the offset in the notepad folder (it's under the #ORG 0x8D00531), Remember to copy only the 8D00531 do not copy the 0x part.

3. It takes a very brave man to say that... Well done son!

Hope I helped!

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
EDIT TWO: OMG LONG MESSAGE WHAT? Sorry guys.
Anyway, I fixed the compiling problem! THE SPACES IN THE ROM TITLE. Who knew?
Pressing F9 in PKSVUI to compile should work with roms with spaces in. If you're running on Linux under WINE and it has a quote character in the filename, then it won't work.

PS. Thanks 0m3ga_S1nn3r, for answering those questions before me! ;)

Raizaiel

Well, I'll be conflabbed!
Years
1. O.K, Have you tried to re-donwload the folder? Then try to compile the .bat file. If it still says acces denied, Run it as Administrator. If it still doesn't work, then I don't know.

2. You stuffed up bad here. O.K open up pksvui, open up the ROM tools tab and click on Open ROM, select your desired ROM. Make your script, get the offset (0x800000(e.g)) and put it in front of the #ORG. (This is if you want to Save the script) Now goto the File tab (at the top) and click Save As and save it where you want. (This is if you want to add it to the game) Press F9 to compile the script (this can also be done via ROM tools), a notepad file should pop-up. Copy the offset in the notepad folder (it's under the #ORG 0x8D00531), Remember to copy only the 8D00531 do not copy the 0x part.

3. It takes a very brave man to say that... Well done son!

Hope I helped!

Many merci's for the help, but seeing as PKSV just won't open for me, I've decided to revert to XSE. I'm having all sorts of terrible difficulties with that, so seeing as this isn't the XSE board, I'll maim the folks over THERE with my scripting problems. Thanks anyway though! It was nice to get an answer so quickly.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
I've been using this particular text editor with advancemap since august, but lately I can't edit text or it deletes lines of code for some reason. In only happens after I make any changes to the script. Is this a common error? Is the problem PKSV, Advancemap, or the ROM? Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
This is Brock's script after you attempt to make changes.

pksv.jpg

Please help...

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Years
Uhmm... Score_Under this is your area of expertise.. good luck.. Nah, Hmm.. I think you must've deleted the offset for the original and remade it? I dont no.. Maybe Score_under noes?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
I didn't do anything but change the text. Back in August and September this problem never occured. It's not a problem with later versions, though, because I tried with old versions I still had and it still didn't work. I promised a hack, and I don't want to let people down. Please help.

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Years
I didn't do anything but change the text. Back in August and September this problem never occured. It's not a problem with later versions, though, because I tried with old versions I still had and it still didn't work. I promised a hack, and I don't want to let people down. Please help.

It shouldn't do that tell us exactly what your trying to edit... maybe Score_under can help you because i've never gotten this error before...

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Okay I've been trying to edit trainer's text. The wierdest thing is, it only happens on gym leaders and elite four. Knowing that now I don't think it's a problem with the text editor, but It couldn't hurt to ask. I downloaded different ROMs and the same problem happens. I don't think it would be advancemap though, because it has to do with things that don't relate to advancemap's primary function.

I also remembered that when you play the game and talk to the gym leader after beating him, it freezes. Also, after you beat him, the Fly animation happens for some reason.

score_under

Years
Okay I've been trying to edit trainer's text. The wierdest thing is, it only happens on gym leaders and elite four. Knowing that now I don't think it's a problem with the text editor, but It couldn't hurt to ask. I downloaded different ROMs and the same problem happens. I don't think it would be advancemap though, because it has to do with things that don't relate to advancemap's primary function.

I also remembered that when you play the game and talk to the gym leader after beating him, it freezes. Also, after you beat him, the Fly animation happens for some reason.
The error has been fixed already in the beta version.
For now, remove all portions of the script except for the text you want to edit.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
The error has been fixed already in the beta version.
For now, remove all portions of the script except for the text you want to edit.

What do you mean exactly? Like, cut out the whole script and then edit it in a program like WordPad and then copy it back in? Or am I misunderstanding?

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
I DID IT! I DID IT! I MADE A SCRIPT THAT WORKS! I feel so happy. This tool made the unthinkable doable! I CAN SCRIPT!

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Years
I DID IT! I DID IT! I MADE A SCRIPT THAT WORKS! I feel so happy. This tool made the unthinkable doable! I CAN SCRIPT!
Well technically you did not script. The 'Script Generator' did. But besides that it is quite easy to script with this wonderful and magnificent Script Editor. I'm sure score_under will help make this easier for others who are finding it hard to use (heaven forbid). By the way well done on this really great tool. I'm sure the PokeCommunity is extremly pleased with the custom script generator.

score_under

Years
What do you mean exactly? Like, cut out the whole script and then edit it in a program like WordPad and then copy it back in? Or am I misunderstanding?
If you had a script looking like this:
Code:
[font="Lucida Console"]#org 0x12345
message 0x123456
showmsg
waitbutton
closemsg
end

[COLOR=Blue]#org 0x123456
= This... is... MESSAGE! :P[/COLOR]
[/font]
You would remove everything except the blue bit (the text and the relevant #org clause).
Well technically you did not script. The 'Script Generator' did.
Assumptions, assumptions ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back