• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I guess that's true...also if the old players are now the champions than they are proably in charge of the Pokémon league allowing other trainers to fight them. As for the gym leaders...well they proably have a gone off to tournament paper up for challengers.
Part of me wishes there were more than just 3 matches (that we participate in) they could've made the bracket larger and included more people.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
Drayden: Haxorus, Altaria & Druddigon
Brycen: Cryogonal, Dewgong & Vanilluxe
Shizui: Jellicent, Mantine, Wailord
Green(Blue) - Machamp, Arcanine, Exeggutor
Alder - Volcarona, Chandelure, Reuniclus
Steven - Metagross, Archeops, Excadrill
Cynthia - Garchomp, Togekiss, Roserade
Alder (another set, they seem to use three of a random selection) - Volcarona, Braviary, Conkeldurr
Lance - Dragonite, Flygon, Kingdra

Those are all that have been released so far.
Hopefully we'll be getting a lot more soon.

SDKLFJ:SDLKFHEISJGFSDHFEOWIGJSDLKFJD GREEN GETS HIS ARCANINE BRB SINGING ABOUT MY FEELINGS. And Dragonite and Flygon for Lance i can't even

Hope we get Red's team(s) soon. Also I wonder if they'll use the Kanto Gym Leader theme or the Kanto Champion theme for Green. Since I think both themes are in the game. :/

Years
Green/Blue has his champion theme used as he seems to only battle under the Champion portion of the tournament along with Red and the rest.
Kingdra is pretty awesome too it feels like it's a reference to his cousin too.
Speaking of clair we have yet to see any of the Johto (or Sinnoh) gym leaders sprites. And have yet to see any of the gym leaders teams apart from the Unovans.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
Green/Blue has his champion theme used as he seems to only battle under the Champion portion of the tournament along with Red and the rest.
Kingdra is pretty awesome too it feels like it's a reference to his cousin too.
Speaking of clair we have yet to see any of the Johto (or Sinnoh) gym leaders sprites. And have yet to see any of the gym leaders teams apart from the Unovans.

Hmm. I thought they'd use Battle! Kanto Gym Leader, since I think they use his sprite from HG/SS. WHATEVER I'M NOT COMPLAINING GIVE ME BATTLE! KANTO CHAMPION/GREEN PLZ

omg i completely missed that i was too busy crying with feelings over green's arcanine askfjdslkf.

I thought I saw a screenshot of Gardenia...or maybe it was just taken from Corocoro. Hmm. I'd like to know what their teams are. Surely we'll be getting info about it soon, as the game's been out since the 23rd in Japan.

Years
ALDER HAS CHANDELURE & BRAVIARY.

I pretty much liek the whole premise. A tournament of champions and superior talent. And they all have awesome teams of really cool Pokemon. A few E4's in there would be pretty cool, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Hmm. I thought they'd use Battle! Kanto Gym Leader, since I think they use his sprite from HG/SS. WHATEVER I'M NOT COMPLAINING GIVE ME BATTLE! KANTO CHAMPION/GREEN PLZ

omg i completely missed that i was too busy crying with feelings over green's arcanine askfjdslkf.

I thought I saw a screenshot of Gardenia...or maybe it was just taken from Corocoro. Hmm. I'd like to know what their teams are. Surely we'll be getting info about it soon, as the game's been out since the 23rd in Japan.

All Gym leaders are able to be battled in the World Tournament feature. Every last one of them. Even the Hoenn leaders are participating in this thing.

I'm excited to see what other Pokemon the Leaders and Champions have included in this tournament. Alder seems to just have a random selection of Pokemon.

Years
Alder's team while random fit his theme of strength and/or fire.
Wallace's them is Beauty and elegance so he could have something like Milotic, Jellicent (royal looking Pokemon), and Slowking.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Kinda sucks that the WT Trainers don't have their own VS Faces (unless they use theirs from Platinum, HS/SS and B/W?)

but that means Red, Steven and the Hoenn still lack their own vs sprites...?

I love these fan-made ones
Spoiler:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Kinda sucks that the WT Trainers don't have their own VS Faces (unless they use theirs from Platinum, HS/SS and B/W?)

but that means Red, Steven and the Hoenn still lack their own vs sprites...?

I love these fan-made ones
Spoiler:

Well if you look here; http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/worldtournament.shtml

The RSE battlers got their own sprites so I don't see why they wouldn't get their own vs sprites... We'll just have to wait.

TheBritishNerd

Your local British nerd.
Years
I've came across some more teams:
Single battle:
Red- Snorlax, Lapras and Charizard

Double Battle (The lv25 one):
Roxie(Homika)- Scolipede, Seviper, Golbat x2
Burgh: Leavanny, Crustle, Escavalier and Vespiquen

Years
If the Hoenn gym leaders and champions lack their own versus sprites it'll suck as the rest already have theirs from gen's IV and V, they are the only one's who lack them...wonder what they would use instead... They proably will have versus Sprites though.

Mentalii

Back
Years
A really good idea from the developers, I'm glad to see fomer gym leaders that we can challenge. I would have prefered a Battle Frontier instead, and I hope that like the Battle Tower there's something special that happen after a certain number of battles, a trainer that isn't revealed yet and would surprise all of us. Because, even if I love the idea, battling without goal becomes easily boring.

TheBritishNerd

Your local British nerd.
Years
Even More, These are lv 50 standard ^^

Sabrina: Alakazam, Jynx, Mr.Mime
Brock: Onix, Golem, Relicanth
Roxie: Scolipede, Crobat, Garbodor
Brycen: Cryoganal, Vanniluxe, Walrein
Chilli: Simisear, Heatmor, Magmortar

Hope it helps ^^

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Even More, These are lv 50 standard ^^

Sabrina: Alakazam, Jynx, Mr.Mime
Brock: Onix, Golem, Relicanth
Roxie: Scolipede, Crobat, Garbodor
Brycen: Cryoganal, Vanniluxe, Walrein
Chilli: Simisear, Heatmor, Magmortar

Hope it helps ^^

Brock still has Onix...? WHERE IS STEELIX.

Owait, he's Rock type, lmao. :x

Years
Hopefully it has Eviolite to make it even harder. Come to think about it do they even have items? Do hold items work in the world tournament if our Pokemon have them or are they removed like with the battle castle?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I hear they use three random pokemon on their teams, (that were in their Gym teams previously) and you unlock more trainers as you progress through the battles

What if Red's Pikachu had Eviolite?

Years
I think it'll be best if Red's Pikachu had Light Orb (by the way that's proably the easiest opponent to defeat imo) as it'll increase the power of it's attacks.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
True, but Eviolite would increase Def/Spec Def, which would let it survive your Earthquake then hit you with Iron Tail or what have you

now...if pokemon could hold TWO items, then I'd worry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back