• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haruka in Johto fic... Yay or Nay.

Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YAY!!!

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • NAY!!!

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
I'm suprised I haven't seen a million and two of these already but i've been thinking about it and would like to get opinions from everyone else.

She'd of course leave all Pokemon except Eevee behind and then head to Johto. May* even meet Brandan, never know.

*Edit-(May as in 'She may' not the noun May. Un intended pun)

So yay or nay? It'd be fun to make and read but it is pretty un original. If I did do it it wouldn't be up for ages; because i'd like to get it to perfection.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Why in the name of Snorlax would she leave Blaziken? He's her starter. 0_o

Actually, this is canonical. She leaves at the end of the battle frontier arc. I'm not a huge anime fan, but I say if you think you can pull off a convincing Haruka, go ahead. I'll wait.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
The current amount of info provided to us is so vague that we really can't accept or object an idea already... technically, all ideas are equally workable. Just because 90% of all new trainer fanfics are doomed, that doesn't mean *all* new trainer fanfics are doomed. It's just that there's a lot of them making a bad reputation for the idea. Really, all idea is workable.

People *can* pull off a Ash story without Pikachu... if you're skilled enough in writing, you can convince the most absurd ideas, and let people praise you for it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The main thing that A_C_C brought up is the fact that this does happen in the anime canon. So if you do want to write this fic, you have to keep the characters pretty much in character as they are in the anime. You can take some liberties with their character if you want to show that they do change due to circumstances. (Character development! No way!)

And you do have to follow what is known about May...like the fact that she wouldn't leave behind her starter Pokemon. But, as Frosty said, you can write a good reason for her to leave it. If you can pull it off, then do so!

But this is an interesting idea that I haven't seen done before on any forum that I'm a member of. I would read it to see the take on May and Drew and Harley. (You must remember that they too went to Johto, so you have to incorporate them, if you want. They are her main rivals.)

So write it if you want. =) There aren't any rules to follow when writing about something that hasn't taken place in the anime, like May's journey through Johto. So explore all the possiblities!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Easier to go with the canon to keep Blaziken (or just everyone on her team), and mention her rivals as well even if it's the most miniscule point... just a brief mention sort of thing. Hanako Tabris is right that they really deserve mentioning since it's the canon. Remember, going with the canon works. Go against the canon also works, but it's an uphill battle of big risk for the big gain if you choose to do so.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Yesh, but I'm a bit of a canon-type person. It's safer for a new writer to stick to canon before coming out on a limb, so that's why I advised it. Taking only Eevee wouldn't make sense to me anyway considering May's personality. If it doesn't act like May, fight like May, or talk like May, it's essentially a different character altogether. It'll be pretty tough to come up with a convincing story of how May ditches Blaziken for a while... for your sake, I hope it isn't as annoyingly stupid as "Chimecho is sick, and will remain so for an entire thirteen billion episodes! Plus!" That was quite annoying...

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
Easier to go with the canon to keep Blaziken (or just everyone on her team)

everyone except Zenigame... that thing can rot for all I care. Or evolve into a superior Kameil, or come along only to become comic relief that constantly involves it getting hit or even mutilated (in the anime comedy sorta way, unless you feel like killing it off for real), whichever one.

I know, it's your story, but... succumb to the fanservice, you know you wanna. ^^

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Well, I say do what you want as long as it is convincing. Maybe she left Blaziken with her parents for training...? Something like that. And maybe do a flashback showing her actually feeling sad about leaving it. If she were to say "All right bye Blaziken see ya after about one hundred and two episodes!" Uh, no. That wouldn't go too well with the original Pokemon character May/Haruka.

May I add...this may have been forgotten. Remember that her brother is with her as well. Make sure to stick to his character and maybe (I'd enjoy this XD) have him become a trainer, and possibly, if you feel like getting rid of him, have him part ways with May for his own different journey to begin.

These are all thoughts of mine. Just trying to help.

I hope I did. See ya! ;)

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
Years
everyone except Zenigame... that thing can rot for all I care. Or evolve into a superior Kameil, or come along only to become comic relief that constantly involves it getting hit or even mutilated (in the anime comedy sorta way, unless you feel like killing it off for real), whichever one.

I know, it's your story, but... succumb to the fanservice, you know you wanna. ^^

*mallets him over the head for disliking Squirtle*

I think the story could work but you would have to keep May as herself. Many many people write her out of character :P. (But then, I've always thought she does not have much character next to Misty, so fleshing her personality out beyond what is shown in the anime might be a good thing to)

But all and all, if you just want to write the fic for the sake of setting it in Johto it might be a better idea to make up your own character:)...

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
*mallets him over the head for disliking Squirtle*

oh yeah, you're only hitting me on the head now... this the first time the news reached your ears? But aren't you an SPPF member? My hatred of the thing is f***ing notorious over there.

Enperuto

Lurking Connoisseur
Years
Please don't have May leave Blaizekin. Don't make her like Brock! Anyway, it sounds like a good idea. I was thinking doing that myself. I definitely think it could be a great piece if you do it right.

Back