• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@chef30: Hnnn... I read it, but somehow it fell out of my mind while I was writing my last post. Tell you what. I'm going to post now responding to it directly. |D I'm sorry.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Okay so. . . First time Apping for an OC student/PokemonTrainer. Actually first time I tried apping for an OC in a pokemon RP in general lD. I tried to make a somewhat good trainer or at least what I might feel a little comfortable with, WITHOUT making it a cliche rip off of a main character so. . . hope it's okay.

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Kenshin Ren

Nickname (Optional): None currently

Age (10-15): 13

Gender (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):
Entei

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
Brown hair, Dark Green Eyes, Caucasian. If he's not wearing his dorm jacket he'll usually wear a black jacket with red stripes on it. He'll usually alternate between them from time to time depending on his mood. (Unlike most characters in Anime who wear the same outfit every day this guy actually bothers to change his outfit XDDD)

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum
Kenshin is usually very modest and shy around other people. He's usually socially awkward since this is his first year at the academy. He usually was comfortable with a group of friends he had back home for years but now he's just slowly adjusting to life at the academy.
In addition, he tends to be a little hesitant with having pokemon battles with strangers. With his friends he could battle them just fine because he felt better around them, same with wild pokemon too, but otherwise he will be hesitant and some times turn down a challenge. Mainly because he is a little paranoid his pokemon might get too injured battling an academy student.

As a result of his social awkwardness, sometimes he'll spend his time working on really impressive Secret Bases using Secret Power, only for himself and hsi pokemon to hang out in.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum
Kenshin wasn't a very outgoing kid at first. His parents got him a pikachu when he was younger, hoping it might help him be inspired enough to try and meet other kids with pokemon. Just to help him get a few friends. What they didn't realize though was how serious Kenshin became at taking care of his pokemon or just how close he would become to taking care of his pokemon. Pikachu pretty much became Kenshin's first friend in his own opinion. After a while, Kenshin met a group of other kids with trainers and they made a pretend group of trying to pretend to be trainers. As time went on though, they became more and more serious about it until eventually their group did become a small young pokemon trainer group where they tried helping each other train their pokemon to the best of their abilities. While it didn't go exactly as his parents expected to, they were still glad he was able to develope some human friends and supported him and his group. One main way they did this was by giving him a Pokedex. The Pokedex pretty much helped him become a little bit more involved in the group since no one in the group was old enough at the time to recieve a pokedex and pokemon at age 10 just to go on a pokemon trainer adventure, so this was somewhat an important piece of equipment for the group to use. Even then, Kenshin would tend to do a little extra looking into on his own with a little help from his parents and a few older trainers he'd get a chance to meet every now and then when it came to training his Pikachu. Eventually this determination was what helped him teach his Pikachu Volt Tackle and later capture and train his other two pokemon, Torchic and a red Dratini. Another thing he did for the group was that he would have his torchic help him make really good secret bases for them to use for their private hangouts. (like way beyond average of what you see most people do with Secret power)

He just got accepted into the Pokemon Trainer Academy recently, much to his parents help. They thought it would give him a chance to become a better pokemon trianer and hopefully help him become a bit more outgoing than before.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

Species: Pikachu
Nickname(Optional):
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
Lvl(Max 20): 20
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):
Dig, Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, ThunderShock, Flash

Species: Dratini
Nickname(Optional):
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
Dragon Tail, Ice Beam, Wrap, Twister, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower

Species: Torchic
Nickname(Optional):
Secret Power, Shadow Claw, Arial Ace, Fire Spin, Ember, Flame Charge

Last edited:

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Sorry btw Megaman, had a lot of stuff going on, I'll get a post to yours, had to take another shift tonight in addition to mine earlier. >_< Not sure exactly how to end the fight, but I'll figure something out.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
SELENA WOULD LIKE TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT :D

Inspired by the beautiful work of Yellow's Valorie commission, I decided to take the plunge and get a Selene commission done by the same fantastic artist on DeviantArt.

I am ridiculously pleased with how this has turned out...but I'll let the picture say the rest ^3^

HERE IT IS

Dawn

Years
She did awesome work as usual. c: Though you already knew what I thought.

In other news...
She motioned up to the stage, at the rage huge Dragonair hanging out near Lance, who seemed to be amused by it's presence.

...I don't even know how that got there. The word rage wasn't even supposed to be in that post. I don't even...

EDIT: Anyone who has a strong desire to battle one of the remaining champion (Steven) should speak up now. I also feel obligated to mention that their pokemon will be between levels 40 and 50. That means if the pokemon your trainer uses is under 30 they really shouldn't be winning or tying short of metagame breaking strategies. (Which no one has. |D Not even MacKenzie, who specializes in torturing the metagame.)

But yeah. Any takers? Otherwise I'll just toss an NPC at him.

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
I've been meaning to do this for a long time and I don't really know why I haven't done it yet. But its team-update time!

Wilson(as I understand it, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) gained three levels, two from beating Leena and one from tieing with Drizzle. Since Drizzle was greatly weakend during the battle between him and Wilson, he wasn't that much of abnormally high challenge. So Wilson still gains three levels, which brings him up to Lv 18 and he learned Endure.

Quillie gained only one level since he fainted in the battle against Leena, which brings him to Lv 14, but he didn't evolve or learn any new moves.

Slackey gained no levels since he didn't knock out Bouncy, she just retreated(and if he did she wouldn't have given him much experience since shes ten levels lower than him).

Nah, I have decided not to change the experience they got.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
• Wild pokemon that are caught will be at lvl 15.
• While pokemon's stronger evolved forms can be found in the wild, you aren't allowed to catch them unless they evolve at or before level 15.
When a pokemon participates in a trainer battle it gains 2 levels per pokemon it fights.
• When a pokemon participates in a battle against a catchable wild pokemon it gains 1 level, but only up to level 45. After level 45, they gain nothing.
• On the other hand, when a pokemon participates in a battle against a wild pokemon that is higher level and thus can't be caught, it can gain one level without any further restrictions.
• When a pokemon participates in a battle against one of the three champions teaching at the school, it gains 3 levels per pokemon it fights.
• When a pokemon participates in a battle against Gary Oak, it gains 4 levels per pokemon it fights.
If a pokemon faints during a battle, that merits one extra level on top of whatever else it earned.
• Any post about training your pokemon merits 1 level to the pokemon that were training.
• Trade evolution no longer require trading. Trade evolutions evolve at level 40.
• Happiness related evolution can be done as you will.
• All moves that are able to be learned (With the exception of moves only legendaries can learn) are available as TMs.
• If your character faces a large group of pokemon, we the GMs will decide how many levels they gain, ranging between 1 and 5. This is dependent on the content of the post and how hard the pokemon had to fight against the large group.
• If your character takes on a challenge that is significantly, abnormally high in difficulty you may be given the option of accepting extra levels at the discretion of the GM
• If you want to have your pokemon learn a move that is not normally learnable in the games, you must ask permission of PkMnTrainer Yellow or Megaman765
• You may decide not to have your pokemon level up at your own leisure.

I've bolded the relevant parts of the level up rules. XD

By my math, these are the maximum levels you can gain:

Quillie can gain three levels: Two for battling Leena, and one through being knocked out.

Wilson can gain five levels: Two for battling Leena, Two for battling Drizzle, and one for fainting while battling against Drizzle.

Slackey can gain two levels for battling Bouncy.

That's the max you can gain by my math. Of course, you can always forego leveling, but that's your choice. XD Hope that helps you.

Edit:

• If your character takes on a challenge that is significantly, abnormally high in difficulty you may be given the option of accepting extra levels at the discretion of the GM

Would Wilson battling Drizzle, who was ten levels higher than him at the time, count as an abnormally high challenge? Or would it not because Drizzle was very tired and weakened from battling three of Brogan's pokemon?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I thin I'm gonna have Sam do a rather crazy thing... let's see what happens :DDDD

Posted... see how crazy Sam can be? ;D

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Mr Mammoth: Nideous is correct about the levels, Mr. Mammoth. Those leveling rules are located within the rules spoiler.on the first post of the OOC here, for the record. We have rather lax, easy leveling rules because we prefer to trust people not to abuse them for power gaming. Even if someone did though, we'd just ask them to chill out before it got bad. It wouldn't be a big deal. For instance, I plan to start denying Valorie's pokemon levels somewhere between 60-70 because she's supposed to be a high tier character but jot champion tier. (The champions normal teams are between 70 and 77) MacKenzie on the other hand will start getting denied levels somewhere around 45-55, because she isn't so great at training. (Though she compensates for it with powerful movesets)

@DeepImpact: Also, I sure didn't see /that/ coming, DeepImpact. xD

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Bri is going to start getting denied levels at around 40-50, except for Nova, Thyme, and Drizzle, who will go up to about 60, 55, and 55 respectively. XD Yup, Nova will be Bri's major powerhouse.

As for Quin, his pokemon will be around 55-65. He's pretty good, but not top tier. XD

Dawn

Years
@JasonWolf: Consider yourself reserved. I can't update the list from my phone, but you're reserved in my head until I get home.

@Everyone: I'd just like to reiterate that you must ask for permission to control the champions during a scene in which they battle. It's just a safety measure, honestly.

Also, after a few delays Bassiroth's student character is approved.

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Isaac Deladius

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-15): 15

Gender (Male or Female): male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Entei

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

overall physical description: Despite his young age Isaac has some traits of people much older than himself. first of all his hair has turned a mysterious dark gray, second he has slight wrinkles coming away from the sides of his eyes, and lastly his determined scowl which makes him look at least ten years older. It is also easy to see the youth in him. His eyes glow like light shining through a rain cloud and the smirk he shows off to tell how he is feeling hold him to his childhood.

Clothing: He wears a pair of black jeans with lots of loops and pockets and a dull green colored T-shirt. Over this he wears his gray and black hooded jacket. He wears a pair of black hiking boots accented with little bits of dull green. Around his waist is a brown leather belt with quite the collection of pouches. A leather necklace hangs down in front of his shirt. At the end of the leather string is a old pewter figure that Isaac can not identify. He also carries a black and dull green satchel which holds his other items.
His other wardrobe consists of mainly dark earthy colored jackets and shirts, darker colored cargo pants and carpenter jeans, and more hiking boots.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):

Isaac is a strategist. He never goes into anything without a plan. He always goes out of his way to try out of the box ideas. His plans help keep him calm in new and unfamiliar situations. Having plan is like a safety net to Isaac, even though he can succeed without it he is reassured by its presence. Isaac's need for a plan sometimes makes him seems OCD, but his plans often only refer to pokemon battling or major parts of his life not everyday trivialities.

The biggest problems with Isaac's plans are failure and unpredictability. Whenever a plan doesn't turn out right Isaac can't help but blame himself and feel as though he hasn't done his best for his pokemon. Though the plans themselves are highly unpredictable when something happens that's out of Isaac's hands he again feels it is his fault for not readying for it.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

Isaac is from a small town out in the undeveloped mountain forests of Johto. His father was a Pokemon Ranger Fiore, and that was most likely going to be Isaac's future as well, but growing up in Johto becoming a pokemon trainer was the coolest. They got to do whatever they wanted, go where they wanted to go, and spend all the time they wanted catching and training pokemon. Rangers only got one pokemon and had to do it for a job not for fun.

After a long stalemate with his father over the subject they agreed that Isaac would be allowed to become a trainer on the condition that the next time his father had to go back to Fiore he would come and see what being a ranger was like first hand. It didn't change his mind at all.

In his time being a trainer Isaac proved himself to a rather decent battler with a unique and new style. Being so far up on the mountains he had plenty of time alone with his pokemon, so he would consistently train them and himself every day. Isaac would have his pokemon go over specific combos, tactics, and match-ups as well as have them to basic physical training to help improve speed, strength, and skill. At the same time Isaac would practice his own skills and strength himself by training right along side his pokemon.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

Species: Quilava
picture.php

Nickname(Optional): Raizer
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Raizer being Isaac's starter is very close to him. Having spent a year and a half as Isaac's only pokemon he has full confidence in his trainer. He does often worry about how stress Isaac can get after a plan fails, especially since Isaac isn't the only one making mistakes. Raizer is very confident in his skills, and often over does it when battling which wears him out and makes him an easy target.
Lvl(Max 20): 18
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): smokescreen, ember, quick attack, dig, double team, aerial ace

Species: Trapinch
picture.php

Nickname(Optional): Ace
Ace is mute, and thusly has had to learn to convey his thoughts and ideas through other sources. Because he is mute Ace often tries to take in as much detail as he can before reacting since it is so difficult to communicate.
Lvl(Max 20): 17
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): bite, faint attack, sand attack, sandstorm, dig, earthquake

Species: Duskull
(has a blue eye instead of red. Seemed so basic I didn't bother with a picture.)

Nickname(Optional): Specter
Specter is a very curious pokemon and investigates everything he finds. Often he'll follow new people around to learn about them, but in the end either creeps them out too much or gets them really angry.
Lvl(Max 20): 17
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): night shade, disable, confuse ray, shadow ball, dark pulse, thief

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Jasonwolf: Thanks for your interest. Megaman and I will go over your app in the next few hours. c: Sorry about not being able to do it now. Limited phone functionality and all

@DeepImpact: Congratulations, Sam has become the victim of a crazy fangirl attack. XD

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
trust me its fine. my phone does absolutely nothing. I can call people and text. thats it.

EDIT: I just noticed that I had missed one thing about the dorms. I hadn't noticed that the dorms were based on the students capabilities. I had picked raikou since hes my favorite of the three. I'm gonna look over the dorms again and either repick or change my character a bit.

EDIT (again): ok I'm changing it to the Entai dorm. I figure Isaac would do awesome in the practical half, but he has such "wide" views on things that he'd completely screw up the written half.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
No problem Jasonwolf. C:

Also, these huge joint posts. That's another reason why I try to limit how long people can spend making them. Throwing huge posts out there like that is painful for others to read all at once. No offense, Selena and Megaman. l3

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Sorry about Hunter's and mine. :( I have no clue where he is. Nideous and I finished ours a while ago though.

Dawn

Years
Yeah. It's no problem Fuyu. I already made a comment to Hunter about getting the JP done

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
WOAH LANCE FAN APPROACHING!! I think this is gonna get both Sam and Valorie into a lotta trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back