• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Bowl '12

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanityStealer

Lilbluebox
Years
I know I'm a little late, but I'd love to join in!

Name: SanityStealer
Game: SoulSilver
Sport: Baseball. Not because I love baseball, but because it's pretty much the only sport I actually watch sometimes.

The Star Player - Farfetch'd
A Pokemon that comes with its own baseball bat! How could I not?

Cheerleader - Furret
This little guy is quicker than lightning itself, and it learns tons of non-damaging/supporting moves. All it needs is a set of pompoms.

Band - Bellossom
What with a Lucky Chant to get the guys on the field moving, and a Petal Dance for the crowd, Bellossom is not only pretty, it's deadly.

Mascot - Ninetails
Sox the Fox is the best mascot EVER.

Fan - Persian
I go to baseball games for snacks. Meowth wanders around looking for snacks. Plus, shiny things rock.

Sponsored by... Octillery!
For one thing, this guy would be the best pitcher ever. For another, just think of how much stuff he could sell to the people in the stands!

The only problems I really see with this team is the fact that I've got three normal types. Yikes.

Bob III

Person
Years
Is double team considered a dance based move?
Can one of the dance move be counted as one of the supporting moves?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Quick question, are we allowed to change our teams during the challenge? Like if I found a shiny, I might want to use it. Or if Slaking sucks too much with his ability.. Or I will keep it as Vigoroth, using an Everstone.

You can, just as long as whoever you change to meets the criteria for whatever it's replacing.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Challenge Bowl '12 – Update
Rocking it out with Roark
Season Score: 0 – 1

With a new team member Smoochy, the Smoochum our trek to Oreburgh city was underway.
Making my way through Route 203 and the somewhat pesky Oreburgh Gate, I finally arrived at Oreburgh City. Eager to face the gym leader, my arrogant and impatient rival, to my dismay, informed me of Roark's absence. I scuttled off the Oreburgh Mines, for that's where I met Roark, the rock type gym leader. We exchanged salutations, he showed off it amazing rock smash abilities before we both headed off for the Gym.

Arriving at the Gym I swept through the pair of trainers with Shroomz and Axolotl. However my winning streak didn't follow through surprisingly when I battle Roark. I started off strong but it was the end of the battle that had decided the winner and the loser. Axolotl just fell short as Cranidos out sped the little amphibian landing the match deciding Headbutt. This meant that my surfing team, although the favourites in this match didn't perform well enough and have landed themselves a relatively bad start to the season with a total season score of 0 – 1.

I returned to the gym not long after my shameful defeat for some revenge. Axolotl, Smoochy and Shroomz gained a decent amount of experience and subsequently had gained 1 to 2 levels. This achievement led the discovery of new moves such as Leech Seed on Shroomz behalf.

With the new moves learnt, and many team members levelled up, the battle between me and Roark roared on. He set up stealth rock as predicted with his Geodude which I counted with Shroomz' leech seed. The ball of rock threw rocks at Shroomz with rock throw, but was outmatched with a quick 1 hit KO absorb.
Onix was next but didn't pose a particular challenge. Shroomz began with an absorb – or ignored my order and decided to loaf around. Shroomz had grown too high of a level to be under my full command so it didn't perform to the best of it's abilities against Onix leaving it knocked out of the battle in no time. Axolotl took the battlefield to rid of Onix and did just that. With a quick water gun to the rock-hard snake pokemon, Onix was out.

Next was Cranidos a fierce opponent, and an enemy that shouldn't be underestimated. It was Smoochy's debut, and set out onto the field to help weaken Cranidos for the inevitable battle between Axolotl and it. The Cranidos let out an array of Leers while Smoochy shot over a sweet kiss, leaving the opponent confused. On many occasions it began to hurt itself, but Roark aided it's disability with a potion when it came the time its health got low. With the opponent confused, Smoochy let the licks rip in hope to inflict paralysis on this pesky opponent. After a few luscious licks, the Pokemon was paralysed. Smoochy was knocked out however by a strong pursuit, but left Cranidos in a position where it could easily be defeated with one water gun from Axolotl; and indeed it was.

We had won! But it wasn't a particularly handy win. After all it didn't count for anything, only a shiny badge, the tm stealth rock and the ability to move forward in the plot. Now our journey is off to Eterna City, however in order to get there we must backtrack and visit Jubilife City once more, where we might encounter some trouble.

The current team stands as;

258.png

Axolotl - (Male) Lv.14, Adamant
- Tackle
- Growl
- Mud-Slap
- Water Gun

285.png

Shroomz - (Male) Lv.14, Modest
- Absorb
- Tackle
- Stun Spore
- Leech Seed

293.png

Shush - (Male) Lv.12, Rash
- Pound
- Headbutt
- Uproar
- Astonish

238.png

Smoochy - (Female) Lv.10, Calm
- Pound
- Lick
- Sweet Kiss
- N/A

Last edited:

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Game Update-

It's was the day of the first game...the team is fired up for our first game against Team Cheren,

My team did a little warm up training before game time and then was able to partake in some pre battles before Cheren is willing to take us, coward!

Battle 1
Mephiss vs Patrat

I notice his team is Work Up sweepers....so I worry if to many come out it would be lights out, "Let's not take any chances, Mephiss!"

Mephiss...does well a few Tail Whips to drop the defence and lower it's guard...then goes in for those hard hitting tackles...near defeat on Patrat..Cheren heals up his, Pokemon, so being smart knowing or seeing that coming we Tail Whip again; then go for the Tackle(s). Patrat falls, Mephiss wins the first round!

Battle 2- Elana vs Lilipup
Cheren adjusts that tie of his, "Time to bring my star!" Cheren then throws out a Lilipup

This is the last one, "I need to stay strong; it's not over" I recalled Mephiss thanking him for a job well done, "Elana! Battle Time!"

Elana the Piplup is called onto the field, "Pip!" she stood strong and sure she could easily win this match, I call out my first attack, "Icy Wind! slow that runner down, Elana"

Cheren called out "Lilipup use Work Up," I figured it'd manage to be out speed us
Elana shoot out cold Icy Wind attack the Lilipup lower it's movement speed

Cheren wasn't about to let me win this..."NOW TACKLE!"

Elana was hit hard...her health was low; my star player was in trouble...hopping to get in a Pound, Cheren called out for another Tackle...

The 2 Pokemon met head on....hard and strong...Lilipup was weaked as was Elana enough to pass out, causing me to lose Elana. "NO, ELANA!"

Battle 3-Roshu vs Lilipup (Final)
It was third and goal, I had to pick it here and now...so had a shocking idea, "Roshu, Charge Beam!"

Cheren with no chance to react...Lilipup is taken down with a charge beam thanks to Elana weakin it down just enough.

VICTORY...WE HAD WON THE GAME

FINAL SCORE
2-1

Team Angel: 1
Team Unova: 0

PS: My Band has changed, unable to get Chingling or Chimecho with in game
OLD BAND: CHIMECHO
NEW BAND: YANMEGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v60H7dCzWN8 (Watch my Gym Battle here)

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
This sounds fun!

Username: pleryt16
Game: Major League Baseball
Team: San Francisco Giants
Pokemon:

Star: Golem. This was the hardest one to figure out, and I figured, you need to hit hard for runs. and he's a hard hitter, so, yeah.

Cheerleader: Furret. I like him, and he can learn Sleep Talk.

Mascot: Dewgong. The Mascot for Giants is Lou Seal, so I think you can figure out the rest.

Band: Crobat, who's going to know Haze and Supersonic.

Fanbase: Houndoom, because a lot of people paint themselves orange and black, and he's both.

Sponsor: Umbreon/Espeon, whichever it evolves into.

EDIT: Playing this on Crystal.

Bob III

Person
Years
Day 1 Log

Day 1:
Started the game, named myself Bob III
Got a Totadile named Bob IV
Went to Mr. Pokemon's house and got the egg and pokedex
Defeated Rival named Joe III
Got back to New Bark Town
Went to Violet City and defeated Falkner by spamming scratch (1-0)
Caught a Wooper named WBFS (acronym for Water Bottle Fulla Sand) on route 32
Trained WBFS to level 12 and Bob IV to level 15

Team:
Spoiler:

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Another Minor Game Update

We have reached Virbank City the home of our next game on the long season...with the next to members in the team. (Had to gen starly in, and got an egg from my friends brother for the other) I don't think i'm quite ready for this game just yet...we headed down south to do some training with our new Pokemon.

Matt the Yanma (Band)
Xavi the Starly (Mascot)

Team:
Mephiss (15) -sponser-
Roshu (14) -fan-
Elana (15) -star player-
Matt (12) -band-
Xavi (13) -Mascot-

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Challenge Bowl 12

Guess I will get around to my first update. So I decided to use AR to get Torchic, Elekid, and Froslass thus far, so ironically enough the non-Unova half of my team is complete.

Team
239.gif
(Star Player) lv. 10
- Quick Attack
- Leer
- Thunder Shock

478.gif
(Cheer Leader) lv. 10
- Powder Snow
- Leer
- Double Team
- Astonish

255.gif
(Sponsor) lv. 14
- Scratch
- Growl
- Focus Energy
- Ember

Progress
+ Received Snivy from Juniper(although obviously not using it)
+ Obtained 3 of my team on Route 1
+ Beat N at Accumula Town
+ Go Running shoes from Mom on Route 2
+ Have been grinding on Route 1 & 2 as I generally like my starter second stage right before I face the gym leader.

So far as I stated I have been grinding, I am looking to getting Combusken soon. And of course get all the move requirements for my team members.

phonastik

Strange Quark
Years
Second update:
After catching Ted and Temper, it was grinding time, and with adequate preparation we were able to defeat Lenora easily, thanks to a sacrificial play by George, who took Watchog's Retaliate hard and didn't return to the fight. But Ted was really the star player here.
George had evolved in the grinding beforehand.
We were then enlisted to track down Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest, in order to get the stolen skull back. Easy-peasy, seeing as the whole team was really overleveled.
So we breezed through the forest, walked over Skyarrow Bridge and arrived in Castelia City, where we learned that Bianca's Munna had been stolen. Like the good Samaritans we are, we kicked Plasma's butt and went to face Burgh. Ted was again the MVP, his Rock Throw was extremely helpful. Temper also pitched in, defeating Dwebble with a Bubblebeam.
Along the way to Nimbasa, Temper and Ted evolved.
We also took a small vacation to Anville Town, which was nice.
We are in Nimbasa City now, preparing for the battle with Elesa. It's going to be a tough one.

Team Phon:
536.gif

Temper (BAND)
Level 27
Mud Shot
Supersonic
Uproar
Bubblebeam

510.gif

George (CHEERLEADER)
Level 27
Pursuit
Growl
Assist
Hone Claws

533.gif

Ted (FAN)
Chip Away
Wake-Up Slap
Rock Throw
Work Up
I'll be able to add 2 new team members once I get to Driftveil, which is pretty close. Yay!

Current Standings: 2-1

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Challenge Bowl '12 – Update
The grass is greener on Gardenia's side
Season Score: 0 – 2

What a hectic journey from Jubilife City to the conclusion of my battle with Gardenia! My team and I battled it through the pair of plasma grunts hassling Professor Rown and my pokdex buddy Dawn, so I deicded to join forces with Dawn and give these guys a good galactic whoppin'. After they scuttled off like the bugs they are, I continued on my journey to Eterna City. I passed the upcoming route, and eventually reached Flaroma Town. I breathed in the fresh scent of the blooming flowers, but my sense of peace was interrupted as I had to aid a little girl in need after these suspicious galactic goons had taken her father captive. Battling my way in, I eventually encountered their leader, Mars. I lost to her ugly Purugly but won in the end.

Before I knew it I was already working my way through Eterna Forest with Cheryl. During our jounrey through the dense expanse of trees and greenery, Axolotl reached his first stage of evolution and evolved into the marsh-a-licious Marshtomp.

Reaching the clearing of the forest, I made my way onto the bridge before the bustling city and deicded to face the countless number of fisherman. One didn't seem he wanted a battle, but the others were surely eager. Unfortunately they were quite a drag; their Magikarps and Goldeens were no match for Shush who uproared them to defeat. After these consecutive wins, Shush evolved also, into the Loud-a-licious Loudred. With two second stage Pokemon surely defeating Gardenia would be a breeze right? Especially with Smoochy!

The battle begun between myself and Gardenia, with her sending out her cherubi and myself starting with Marshtomp. A terrible matchup yes, but I waned to save Smoochy and Shush for Roserade. Unfortunately I never managed to make it that far, and in fact her little cherubi knocked out every single team members after spamming growth and grass knot.

The rematch began almost instantly after my defeat, I collected some oran berries to equip Smoochy and Shush with, but they didn't need them as Smoochy dominated cherubi before switching out with Shush who took care of Turtwig. Loudred was soon knocked out however, Smoochy was able to prove number one against Roserade who was paralyzed by its duel with Shroomz, after Shroomz dealt it a nasty Stun Spore. Having won, I'm now able to move on, but the taste of true victory hasn't arrived, so my team, sadly, has lost it's second match of the season.

The current team stands as;

259.png

Axolotl - (Male) Lv.20, Adamant
- Mud Shot
- Bide
- Mud-Slap
- Water Gun

285.png

Shroomz - (Male) Lv.17, Modest
- Absorb
- Mega Drain
- Stun Spore
- Leech Seed

294.png

Shush - (Male) Lv.22, Rash
- Howl
- Headbutt
- Uproar
- Bite

238.png

Smoochy - (Female) Lv.22, Calm
- Confusion
- Sing
- Sweet Kiss
- Powder Snow

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm not really a sports guy, so bear with me on the sign-up.

Game: Black Version
Team: New Orleans Saints

Star Player: Emboar, obviously American Football. Wanted to do Golf, but I couldn't find any Unova Pokemon that represent it.
Cheerleader: Zoroark
Mascot: Stoutland, as the New Orleans Saints mascot, Gumbo the dog. Go Saints!
Band: Cinccini, sing and echoed voice.
Fans: Garbodor, 'cause fans are always makin' a mess.
Sponsor: Gamestp Suicune, gonna get me a Zoroark.

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Just beat Falkner. Score is 1-0.

Team:
Geodude Level 13
Rock Throw
Tackle
Defense Curl

Furret Level 12
Tackle
Defense Curl
Quick Attack

Bugsy should be easy as well, with Zubat and Geodude

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Challenge Bowl 12

Team
239.gif
(Star Player) lv. 15
- Quick Attack
- Leer
- Thunder Shock

478.gif
(Cheer Leader) lv. 15
- Powder Snow
- Leer
- Double Team
- Astonish

256.gif
(Sponsor) lv. 18
- Scratch
- Double Kick
- Peck
- Ember

Progress
+ Had my first encounter with Plasma Grunts in Dreamyard then had another at Wellspring Cave
+ Beat Chili and receive Trio Badge
+ Received C-Gear and HM01 from Fennel
+ Received Pal Pad from Amanita
+ Battled Cheren on Route 3

I am currently at the entrance of Nacrene City. Probably train a bit at the outskirts of Pinwheel Forest.

Season Score:
1-0

Last edited:

Bob III

Person
Years
Day 2:
Bob IV Evolved into Croconaw
Defeated team Rocket at Slowpoke Well
Defeated Bugsy on first try (2-0)
Defeated Rival leaving Azalea
Got Cut HM in woods
Arrived in Goldenrod City

Team:
Spoiler:

Gonna try to do at least one gym leader a day within schoolwork

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Rocking N Rolling it Out-Day 2 Roxanne and the Sailor
1-0

This isn't the biggest update,all that really happened to be honest was getting to Dewford.
After long hours of grinding,my Pokemon were finally ready for their first game of the season. I entered the small gym to find trainer's blocking my path towards a young girl who was standing on this high podium.

I battled the trainers,facing Geodudes that swung their fists angrily. They were no match however for Lucky's powerful confusion and in a matter of minutes I found myself standing there eye to eye with my opponent.

She made a little speech then officially began the fight. Lucky quickly disposed of those pesky Geodudes before I switched out to Nina for some stat assistance in this fight. I sand attacked Nosepass for a bit before getting KOed by a lucky,criticial Rock Tomb.

Back Lucky went into the fight using confusion to whittle down Nosepass's huge HP. Soon both of us were down to red HP then I made a lucky strike and victory was ours!

Roxanne sighed and handed us the Stone Badge,giving us a TM called Rock Tomb before wishing me good luck. Outside,I headed into the fresh air before healing and continuing.

When I started walking up the street,I heard a huge commotion. Looking behind me I saw this oddly dressed man like the person I saw in Petalburg Forest. A name seemed to ring in my head.Team Aqua....

What were they doing here anyway? I thought we clearly told them to bugger off after defeating a grunt in the forest. The same man who was attacked came running up to me and said the grunt had stolen the Devon Goods and wanted me to help out again.

So I progressed through the route where this grunt had ran off,fighting some odd Poochyenas and Nincadas along the way.Then I saw this old man standing outside this cave."You've got to help young trainer.That naughty thief took my darling Peeko!" he exclaimed angrily.

I rushed inside to see the grunt standing there. He glared at me."It turns out this hostage is useless."he said,looking at a Wingull in disgust.
Then suddenly he attacked but I easily fought his Poochyena with Bob's Uproar.

He made an irritated noise dropped the goods then scrambled out of the cave. As I picked them up,the old man came along smiling."Peeko!You're safe!" he said,looking relieved.

The Wingull squawked happy to be reunited with his owner."You young trainer..." said the old man turning to me."Thanks for saving Peeko's life!If you ever want our help come by the cottage near Petalburg." he said before walking off.

When I met the Devon man again he looked delighted.He gave me another great ball before saying to come with him. He brang me to this huge building's top floor where an important looking man sat behind the desk. He thanked me and gave me this device called a Pokenav which could show the Hoenn Map.

He healed my Pokemon and then asked for me to deliver a letter in Dewford for a man named Steven and a parcel to Slateport,I made my way outside.An assistant came out and requested to borrow my new Pokenav for a minute. He pulled it open did a few adjustments then gave it back.

"There.I added a feature on your Pokenav.It's called Match Call,you can contact anyone registered on your Pokenav.Try and give the President a call." he instructed.

I called the president and then headed down to see May. She offered a battle and I couldn't resist.So we fought for a few moments before I came out victorious and claimed some money.

Continuing on my way I got to the cottage. Mr Briney. was pacing around before I talked to him."Hmm?You got a package for Slateport and a letter in Dewford?" he said.

He then explained he was a sailor and then helped me into a boat to Dewford.While we sailed,Dad called me and then commented it was windy wherever I was before hanging up.

I arrived at Dewford and fought some weak fishermen and also got an old Rod before finding this cave,hearing rumours this Steven person was here. Inside I caught Orion,a Makuhita before training him up quickly and saving.

I will edit my team in later with levels and info on moves n_n.

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Just beat Bugsy! Record: 2-0. Also, I hacked in a Houndour because I couldnt get one till after the elite 4.

Team:
Cheerlead the Furret Level 16
Tackle
Quick Attack
Defense Curl

Band the Zubat Level 15
Swift
Bite
Supersonic
Leech Life

Geodude Level 17
Rock Throw
Magnitude
Defense Curl
Tackle

Houndour Level 12
Roar
Ember
Leer

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #1 on Platinum.

Name: Sigi (Manager of Seattle Sounders)
Rival: Joey (name of Portland Timbers mascot)
Starter: Torchic (in place of Chimchar)

• I was able to find a starter editor for Platinum, and used it to get E.C.S. the Torchic, who is my Fan. E.C.S. stands for the Emerald City Supporters.
  • Did the beginning stuff and beat Joey on my way to Oreburgh City.
  • Got E.C.S. to evolve into Combusken before taking on Roark, who fell easily to Double Kick. Season Record: 1-0.
  • Reached Florama City and defeated Mars in the Valley Windworks easily.
  • Caught my Band team member, Sound Wave the Poliwag, who is named after the official Seattle Sounders band, the Sound Wave.
  • Continued on through Eterna Forest to Eterna City.
  • Caught my Star Player, Montero the Tyrogue, east of the city on Route 211. Fredy Montero is the star of the Seattle Sounders.
  • Defeated Gardenia very easily with E.C.S. again. Season Record: 2-0.
  • Both Montero and Sound Wave evolved on Cycling Road, into Hitmontop and Poilwhirl!
  • Explored both parts of Wayward Cave, then went through Mt. Coronet to Hearthome City.
  • Caught my Cheerleader, Sea Gal the Roselia, on Route 208. The Seahawks' cheerleaders are called the "Sea Ga1s".
  • Unfortunately, our team suffered its first blemish against Fantina, who defeated us with Mismagius' Confuse Ray and its plethora of coverage moves.
  • I did get revenge the second time I fought her, but: Season Record: 2-1.
  • Moving on, I defeated JOey again, then arrived in Solaceon Town.
  • North of the city on Route 215, I hacked in my Mascot pokemon, Blitz the Skarmory, who is named after the Seahawks' mascot, Blitz (duh).
  • Scaled Lost Tower, then fought our way to Veilstone City.
  • After some vitamin shopping, we challenged the gym, and defeated Maylene easily with Montero's Fake Out/Return/Counter combo and Blitz's Pluck.
  • Season Record: 3-1.
  • Saved just before the double battle with Dawn against the Grunts.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Sigi:
Spr_4d_237.png

Montero the Impish Hitmontop, ♂ - L30 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Technician
Moves: Return, Counter, Fake Out, Foresight
Spr_4d_227.png

Blitz the Bashful Skarmory, ♂ - L30
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Pluck, Spikes, Steel Wing, Defog
Spr_4d_256_m.png

E.C.S. the Careful Combusken, ♂ - L30
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Ember, Bulk Up, Double Kick, Rock Tomb
Spr_4p_315_f.png

Sea Gal the Bashful Roselia, ♀ - L31
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Magical Leaf, GrassWhistle, Giga Drain, Leech Seed
Spr_4d_061.png

Sound Wave the Modest Poilwhirl, ♂ - L30
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Bubblebeam, Body Slam, Hypnosis, Rain Dance

HM Slaves:
399MS.png
- Cut, Rock Smash

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Username: DarkChibimon
Game: Crystal
Team: Manchester United FC
Pokemon: Feraligatr (Fan)
Raichu (Star Player)
Miltank (Cheerleader)
Persian (Mascot)
Lapras (Band)
Extremespeed Dragonite (Sponsored by...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back