• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years

None, for that is enough.

In the Connections editor thing, where it says offset after selecting which connection, the route one must be like the towns one, but with a - in front of it, for example:

The town has 8 in the offset part, meaning the route needs a -8 in the offset for that same connection too.

If they are different, it results in what you have.
Oh, so it's the Offsets that are causing the problem?
Do they need to be the exact opposite numbers? I have 4 on the town, and -3 on the Route. Lemme try and fix it. Thanks!

EDIT: It works now :D
Thank you.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
How do you insert a new map?

I tried your instructions and they dont work

Did you edit a already existing map? It should then already be in the game.

If you didn't edit a map, and clicked create new map; when it is made, click the button next to the "Create New Map" Button.

Did it work?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011

Did you edit a already existing map? It should then already be in the game.

If you didn't edit a map, and clicked create new map; when it is made, click the button next to the "Create New Map" Button.

Did it work?

Well, for now I did and managed to make the new map (I used the reserved one at the bottom of the bank if that helps to know) but I dont have same options for this map under Wild Pokemon and Header like all the other existing maps. Did I do something wrong?

Edit - I think I did mess up so I clicked on the new map above that one and started editing it, but when I edit it the name it changes the name of the other map. Like for example I want to make a Route going west of Route 1 in Kanto. I make the new map and its automatically at the bottom of the bank called ROUTE 1 (3.??). Then I edit that one and the edits stay, but the name wont stay without changing the original route 1.

Edit again - Nevermind I got it! Now Im stuck again lol. Like I have both routes connected right. How do I make the new route connect to the center left/route of the target route?

The target route is vertical and the new route is horizontal and I'm trying to connect it to the center sides.

Third Edit - I screwed up big time. I need help -_-

Fourth Edit - Nevermind I FINALLY fixed it!! Now I can make new maps. Thanks for the help dude.

Last edited:

Pokemonguy1990

Pokemon Shoto Saga Creator
Years
New to PC, sorry if I put this in the wrong place.

I've been using Advanced Map for 8-9 months now, but one issue I have is that every map I insert keeps the name of Littleroot Town or Pallet Town, and if I try to change it, it also changes the name of the actual Littleroot Town or Pallet town.

Is there any way I could fix/correct this?

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
New to PC, sorry if I put this in the wrong place.

I've been using Advanced Map for 8-9 months now, but one issue I have is that every map I insert keeps the name of Littleroot Town or Pallet Town, and if I try to change it, it also changes the name of the actual Littleroot Town or Pallet town.

Is there any way I could fix/correct this?
I did this too :P

In the Header tab, do you see the drop down box next to the Naming thing? Change that to the town name you wanna change, simple as. Is that what you wanted?

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Map naming problem!!!

OK so ive been trying to figure this out forever.... evertime i create a new map, i try to name it one thing but it will automatically name it another thing (in my case PALLET TOWN) and if i try to change the name, it changes EVERYTHING that had the name PALLET TOWN to whatever i changed the name to! Can you or SOMEONE PLZ HELP... i cant continue making my rom until this problem is fixed :'(

Pokemonguy1990

Years
I did this too :P

In the Header tab, do you see the drop down box next to the Naming thing? Change that to the town name you wanna change, simple as. Is that what you wanted?

not quite, I want to be able to name my new maps, I type in the name on the create new map box, but when I insert the map to the ROM it's self, it comes up with Littleroot Town or Pallet Town depending on the ROM, and if I change the name of the new map, it also changes the name of Littleroot or Pallet.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
not quite, I want to be able to name my new maps, I type in the name on the create new map box, but when I insert the map to the ROM it's self, it comes up with Littleroot Town or Pallet Town depending on the ROM, and if I change the name of the new map, it also changes the name of Littleroot or Pallet.

1zq6dyw.jpg

Change that box to the town you want to change?

OK so ive been trying to figure this out forever.... evertime i create a new map, i try to name it one thing but it will automatically name it another thing (in my case PALLET TOWN) and if i try to change the name, it changes EVERYTHING that had the name PALLET TOWN to whatever i changed the name to! Can you or SOMEONE PLZ HELP... i cant continue making my rom until this problem is fixed :'(

Everything?

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
So I downloaded this, and every time I try to upload a rom, an error pops up in German. I don't speak German. I can't load ANYTHING. I've tried multiple copies of every third generation game. Help?

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
So I downloaded this, and every time I try to upload a rom, an error pops up in German. I don't speak German. I can't load ANYTHING. I've tried multiple copies of every third generation game. Help?
When you opened it for the first time, a box should have popped up and you select what language you want.

A-Map stops responding when trying to load a ROM, don't worry though, it's normal. And about the not loading anything, I don't know.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012

When you opened it for the first time, a box should have popped up and you select what language you want.

A-Map stops responding when trying to load a ROM, don't worry though, it's normal. And about the not loading anything, I don't know.

I did select English. Everything else is english except that error message. I downloaded a newer version of it and it still won't let me load a rom. I don't get it. If it stops responding when trying to load a rom, HOW DO YOU USE THE PROGRAM?

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
I did select English. Everything else is english except that error message. I downloaded a newer version of it and it still won't let me load a rom. I don't get it. If it stops responding when trying to load a rom, HOW DO YOU USE THE PROGRAM?

It's normal for it to stop responding when you load a ROM, just let it load and it should be good. Can you post what the box says? Or a picture?

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
Its not that its not responding, it WONT load the rom. Whenever I try, it says "AdvanceMapError(12): Unknown Rom Type! This Rom cannot be edited with Advancemap."

I'm using the exact same roms from the exact same source as a friend of mine, and they work fine for her, so I don't understand why mine are "unknown". If it helps, I'm using windows vista on a gateway laptop?

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Its not that its not responding, it WONT load the rom. Whenever I try, it says "AdvanceMapError(12): Unknown Rom Type! This Rom cannot be edited with Advancemap."

I'm using the exact same roms from the exact same source as a friend of mine, and they work fine for her, so I don't understand why mine are "unknown". If it helps, I'm using windows vista on a gateway laptop?
Uhmm.... Try using a different source maybe?

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
I've tried a bunch of different sources, I've even tried different region roms (USA, Europe, and Japan) All of them tell me that the rom type is unknown. They all end in .GBA and it won't load anything.

Pokemonguy1990

Years
i noticed the same thing when i first started usung AM. the ROM folders are "zipped" if you right click it you should get an option to "extract" do this and use the extracted file, it should do the trick.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
Yes I do have the ini in the advancemap folder. And the roms are extracted, I can play them and they work fine.

Back