• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate/Improve my team

Nam

Years
Can you guys please rate and help me improve my team? Also, may I ask about the move Fling? Its a dark type move that throws your held item at the opponent. When you use fling, do you lose the held item permanently or does it return once the battle is over? Cause I was thinking about using a combination of Fling, Theif, and Acrobatics.

Scrafty @ Shed Shell
Trait (If required) what is this?
EVs None
Nature Rash
- Move 1 Crunch
- Move 2 Brick Break
- Move 3 Substitute
- Move 4 Rest

Zebstrika @ Magnet
EVs none
Nature Rash
- Move 1 Facade
- Move 2 Thunderbolt
- Move 3 Double Team
- Move 4 Volt Switch

Sigilyph @ Sharp Beak
EVs none
Nature Relaxed
- Move 1 Psybeam
- Move 2 Fly
- Move 3 Attract
- Move 4 Cosmic Power

Samurott @ Lustrous Orb
EVs none
Nature Naughty
- Move 1 Razor Shell
- Move 2 Dragon Tail
- Move 3 Retaliate
- Move 4 Substitute

Lampent @ Ring Target
EVs none
Nature Careful
- Move 1 Will-O-Wisp
- Move 2 Hex
- Move 3 Flame Burst
- Move 4 Shadow Ball

Lilligant @ Miracle Seed
EVs none
Nature Modest
- Move 1 Magical Leaf
- Move 2 Giga Drain
- Move 3 Toxic
- Move 4 Facade

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Trait is the Pokemon's ability. For example, Sandile's traits/abilities are Intimidate and Moxie. And as for your Fling question, the item doesn't come back after in-game battles, but it comes back after Battle Subway/Tower/Frontier battles.

Give your Pokemon EVs (you must have battled a lot of in-game trainers who gave out the wrong EVs; you get EVs from their Pokemon as well, not just wild ones) and their nature.

Scrafty: Substitute is just killing off its bulk. I'd have Bulk Up in its place:
-Bulk Up
-Rest
-Drain Punch (egg move; breed female Scraggy/Scrafty with Smeargle, Mienfoo or Mienshao)
-Payback
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin

Zebstrika isn't the best Electric Pokemon out there, but this could work:
-Wild Charge
-Flame Charge
-Pursuit/Thrash
-Thunderbolt/Discharge
Nature: Rash
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Magnet/Life Orb
Ability: Lightningrod/Motor Drive

Relaxed isn't good for Sigilyph; that takes away its good Speed:
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting/Ground)
Nature: Timid
Evs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard

Palkia is the only Pokemon that benefitts from the Lustrous Orb; Samurott can't benefit from it:
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Retaliate/Dragon Tail
-Megahorn
-Waterfall/Razor Shell
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb/Mystic Water

Are you going to evolve Lampent into Chandelure? Ring Target isn't good because it makes Lampent vulnerable to Fighting and Normal moves. Careful also takes away its good Special Attack.:
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
Nature: Timid/Modset
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body

Lilligant doesn't have much of a movepool, but this could work:
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain/Petal Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Hidden Power (Ice/Fire)
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Miracle Seed
Ability: Own Tempo (if using Petal Dance)/Chlorophyll (if not using Petal Dance)

You might have to do some breeding because some of your Pokemon have the wrong natures.

Nam

Years
Thanks for the help, I'll try to make this team. About Zebstrika, I know he isn't the best, I kept him cause he is immune to electric attacks and if he's hit by it, his speed increases.

About Lampent, I already evolved him to Chandelure, it just took me a while to notice he evolves with stones.. xP

Anyway, in general, this team will probably change when I beat the Pokemon League. I already beat it the first time and fought N. I recently found the seven sages, now I just wanna beat the Pokemon League for real now, so I'm training my Pokemon.

Also, when I play competitively, a lot of people use Substitute. How can I counter this? Also, when I use Subtitute it fades after the first attack, why?

How do I EV and IV train? How do I get rid of the wrong stats? Do you have an extra ditto you'd be willing to trade?

Sorry for all these questions, but even though I've played pokemon since Yellow Version and the GameBoy color, I only played ingame. Never had the benefit of fighting competitively, until now since there's WiFi communications now. So I honestly have no real knowledge on strategies and etc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As for your Substitute question, it fades if a move that would do more than 25% damage, since Sub uses up 1/4th of your health. The reason why I suggested it on CM Chandelure is this: you can bring Chandelure in against something it can counter easily; while the opponent switches, you set up Substitute, and you can grab a free Calm Mind regardless of whether or not the opponent attacks.

You don't IV train; you EV train. You breed for IVs.
http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml. Here's the basic EV guide and the places where you can train for the EVs you need. In older games, you can use the EV-reducing berries to get your EVs to 0, then re-do your EV training from there. However, those berries aren't available in B/W, only in the Dream World. So yeah, you might have to do some re-breeding.

Nam

Years
How do I know when my pokemon has recieved the amount of EVs wanted? When my pokemon has maxed in EVs, can I fight random pokemon, stronger, in order to speed up lvling?

Years
Well Nam, you do have several weaknesses on your team.

Those types you have major weaknesses to are: Electric, Ice, Ground, Flying, Rock, Ghost and Dark.

As for Fling, the item is permanently gone once used.

Nam

Years
Actually doesn't Lilligant cover Electric and Rock?
Samurott covers Rock, Ground
Scrafty covers Ghost and Dark
Zebstrika covers Flying

BTW, where can I learn all about EV training? And I have a box full of Scraggy cause none came out with Drain Punch... Female Scraggy with Miensoo.

Actually doesn't Lilligant cover Electric and Rock?
Samurott covers Rock, Ground
Scrafty covers Ghost and Dark
Zebstrika covers Flying

BTW, where can I learn all about EV training? And I have a box full of Scraggy cause none came out with Drain Punch... Female Scraggy with Miensoo.

Last edited:

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
does the miensho know drain punch?? and for ev training, google "ev training for pokemon black and white" and click the first link

Back