• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanum OOC

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Is Umbreon still available? If so can I reserve a spot? :D (and Zekrom as guardian, since I see Swan has the last Reshiram spot)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm sorry, Beo. Since I'm in your RP, I'd love to have you on mine, but Swan reserving the last Reshiram spot means that she has dibs on Umbreon in case nobody who has already reserved wants to change into Umbreon. I can let you know if somebody doesn't complete their SU :3

And since nobody has spoken yet, I'll reserve {Swan} for Umbreon + Reshiram.

Also, The warden is accepted, because I don't see any reason to not accept you :]

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Oh I just realized that, haha but yeah let me know if something opens up! Otherwise good luck with the RP! :)

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Hey! Sorry if I'm late with the SU, I meant to complete it yesterday, but I had no access to my computer. Anyways, here it is!

Spoiler:

Sorry if the Sample text is too short, I can try to lenghten it if you'd want!
Oh man, I just noticed all the little ingrammatical fails and whatnot. Urrgh, I now see how rushed this SU can seem, and that is correct, I wanted to finish it really bad, so I did so in a haste. I'm sorry...

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Woah, ten paragraph History . . . I haven't done that since . . . I think since I redid Destiny for Michaela's and my remake on Plague . . . -3- /determined face

I shall begin work on my History soon! Dun dun dun dun!!
*blinks* I love how everyone jumped straight for the Eeveelutions and totally overlooked Eevee. Eevee seems unloved. *glares at everyone* I see how it is. :M

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Woah, ten paragraph History . . . I haven't done that since . . . I think since I redid Destiny for Michaela's and my remake on Plague . . . -3- /determined face

I shall begin work on my History soon! Dun dun dun dun!!
*blinks* I love how everyone jumped straight for the Eeveelutions and totally overlooked Eevee. Eevee seems unloved. *glares at everyone* I see how it is. :M

Well, ten paragraph History or not, I hope RHCP likes it. *shakes nervously*

No, it's not that. I think that Eevee is a awesome Pokémon, I originally wanted Umbreon since it is THE BEST POKÉMANZ OF ALL TIME HERPDERP!!!! my favourite Pokémon of all time, but I was too late and decided to go with Jolteon instead because of it's colour. Since lime-green is my favourite colour that was the winning factor of the choice!

Nakuzami

Years
Well, ten paragraph History or not, I hope RHCP likes it. *shakes nervously*

No, it's not that. I think that Eevee is a awesome Pokémon, I originally wanted Umbreon since it is THE BEST POKÉMANZ OF ALL TIME HERPDERP!!!! my favourite Pokémon of all time, but I was too late and decided to go with Jolteon instead because of it's colour. Since lime-green is my favourite colour that was the winning factor of the choice!

*blinks*
You could always have evolved Eevee into Umbreon later on. Same goes for whatever other Eeveelution you may want.
TOO LATE THOUGH, 'cause I'm taking little Eevee all for myself.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years

*blinks*
You could always have evolved Eevee into Umbreon later on. Same goes for whatever other Eeveelution you may want.
TOO LATE THOUGH, 'cause I'm taking little Eevee all for myself.

Nah, that felt kinda unoriginal to just: "Oh, Imma evolve mah Eevee nao cuz the Eeevelution I wanted was already taken! herpderp"
If I would've chosen Eevee, I would've kept it an Eevee throughout the entire RP dammit!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Nakuzami pointed out something that some of you might want to know. About the other towns and cities of Arcanum, when you write your history. Now, I prefer if you've grown up in Januvale, or at least lived the last good part of your life there. butbut I can mention what cities you can have been born in if you want to be different.

In the western Arcanum, the cities have pretty traditional buildings and thinking, even if the cities can be big.
Cities: Marchall City (near mountains, has a stone wall going all around), Maydale City (lots of artists and shows, near a lake) and Junelane City (more modern, the biggest seaport in Arcanum).
Towns: Januvale Town (you know), Feborough Town (farmlands, markets), Apriton Town (dry lands, an independent lab lies here...), Julyridge Town (hm, you shouldn't be from here)

The eastern Arcanum is MUCH more industrialized and has almost lost its traditional ways.
Cities: Septemburg City (factories, production... polluted), Noverth City (clean and rich, near the mountains), Decemark City (capitol, has a lot of everything really. So big, like, omfg)
Towns: Augushore Town (uh, you shouldn't be from here), Octowell Town (actually you can't be from here either xD)

Also, Mr. Mammoth, I'll read your SU now! And I like your stance on Eevee ;)

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Nakuzami pointed out something that some of you might want to know. About the other towns and cities of Arcanum, when you write your history. Now, I prefer if you've grown up in Januvale, or at least lived the last good part of your life there. butbut I can mention what cities you can have been born in if you want to be different.

In the western Arcanum, the cities have pretty traditional buildings and thinking, even if the cities can be big.
Cities: Marchall City (near mountains, has a stone wall going all around), Maydale City (lots of artists and shows, near a lake) and Junelane City (more modern, the biggest seaport in Arcanum).
Towns: Januvale Town (you know), Feborough Town (farmlands, markets), Apriton Town (dry lands, an independent lab lies here...), Julyridge Town (hm, you shouldn't be from here)

The eastern Arcanum is MUCH more industrialized and has almost lost its traditional ways.
Cities: Septemburg City (factories, production... polluted), Noverth City (clean and rich, near the mountains), Decemark City (capitol, has a lot of everything really. So big, like, omfg)
Towns: Augushore Town (uh, you shouldn't be from here), Octowell Town (actually you can't be from here either xD)

Also, Mr. Mammoth, I'll read your SU now! And I like your stance on Eevee ;)

Yes, yes, thank you, thank you. *nods*
BTW, I looked at the name of the towns and I see where you got the names from. Pretty smart if I do say so myself!

Nakuzami

Years
I actually planned to keep Jazz as an Eevee anyways, lol.

Yes. Towns fashioned after the months of the year. I believe we already had a little competition for cookies in The Role-Play Discussion thread, which I believe . . . wass it Miss Doronjo that won?

AGH, History time! I'm starting it naow!! :U

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yes, yes, thank you, thank you. *nods*
BTW, I looked at the name of the towns and I see where you got the names from. Pretty smart if I do say so myself!

Thanks ^^

I like the way you write. The only thing is that I'd like to see space between character speech. Like:

"I like how you write!" Red said.

"Oh, thanks!" Mammoth smiled.

Instead of:

Soul's history was a bit rough, but I guess it's ok if you don't cross the level you set in your SU... It's rated T after all, so somewhat realistic descriptions of damage can be alright, but don't make pokémon kill and seriously harm each other in battles, please. Realism there kind of ruins the fun.

Aaand the little town to the north of Januvale can either be Feborough (but you'll have to go back there soon then, lol, too bad) or it could just have been a random tiny village on the countryside that isn't marked on the map. Those exist :3

Also, I appreciate different characters, since your characters can have different goals in this RP, but he's bordering anti-Gary Stu actually. Now, I usually don't care much about Gary Stueness/Mary Sueness... I just want to make sure that you really want to play a people-hating hermit through what's going to basically be a journey roleplay where you're expected to catch at least some pokémon and interact with a lot lot lot of people?

Please give me a "I'm sure!" if you agree on what I've commented on ^^ Because then you'll be accepted.

Naku - yay~

Hm, then this is Shawn's then, I guess.
Cupcake.jpg

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I actually planned to keep Jazz as an Eevee anyways, lol.

Yes. Towns fashioned after the months of the year. I believe we already had a little competition for cookies in The Role-Play Discussion thread, which I believe . . . wass it Miss Doronjo that won?

AGH, History time! I'm starting it naow!! :U

...When was this? :B
I don't remember cookies. :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
WELL I CAN TAKE IT BACK IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY CUPCAKE! ;;

I think it was just me kidding about giving a cookie to the first person who guessed what I based the city names on, when I first presented the Arcanum idea in the discussion thread lol

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years

Thanks ^^

I like the way you write. The only thing is that I'd like to see space between character speech. Like:

Instead of:

Soul's history was a bit rough, but I guess it's ok if you don't cross the level you set in your SU... It's rated T after all, so somewhat realistic descriptions of damage can be alright, but don't make pokémon kill and seriously harm each other in battles, please. Realism there kind of ruins the fun.

Aaand the little town to the north of Januvale can either be Feborough (but you'll have to go back there soon then, lol, too bad) or it could just have been a random tiny village on the countryside that isn't marked on the map. Those exist :3

Also, I appreciate different characters, since your characters can have different goals in this RP, but he's bordering anti-Gary Stu actually. Now, I usually don't care much about Gary Stueness/Mary Sueness... I just want to make sure that you really want to play a people-hating hermit through what's going to basically be a journey roleplay where you're expected to catch at least some pokémon and interact with a lot lot lot of people?

Please give me a "I'm sure!" if you agree on what I've commented on ^^ Because then you'll be accepted.

Naku - yay~

Cupcake.jpg

Nah, I don't plan on having the Pokémon almost slaughter eachother, that'd be crazy! Also Soul wouldn't allow it to happen at all xD

But, one point that I would be establishing is that this journey will maybe show Soul that humans ain't thad bad afterall, maybe he can learn to tolerate them, and perhaps evem live with them!

Well Febourogh would give some interesting reactions from Soul, so maybe that's where he is from?

But, I'm sure.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Mammoth - That sounds like a heart warming plan for the journey :3 You are accepted. You can maybe decide when we get to Feborough (it's like, the third "chapter") whether he's from there or not.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Mammoth - That sounds like a heart warming plan for the journey :3 You are accepted. You can maybe decide when we get to Feborough (it's like, the third "chapter") whether he's from there or not.

Well, if it can save him from the realm of Gary-Stu. Then he shall learn to love others of his kind!

I think that it is leaning towards a yes already. BTW, I find your avatar genuinely hilarious (Just to throw it out there people!).

Nakuzami

Years
Naku - yay~
Cupcake.jpg

Y'know, normally I don't like cupcakes (or at least frosting) but . . . *drool*

Oh, but it /might/ have been someone else, lol.

I'm /almost/ done with Melody. I just need the Sample and a few other minor things, one of which . . . well, it just HAS to be added because Miss Doronjo and I need it . . . it could quite possible be the difference between life and death. :D

EDIT: I am finished, bow down to me.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
I just need to finish the Sample and I'm done (:

[ Name ]

Yi Lanhua

[ Age ]

[ Gender ]

Female

[ Guardian ]

Reshiram

[ Starter ]

Umbreon; Female; Shadow Ball Leafeon; Male; Aerial Ace?

[Appearance ]

Lanhua is small in stature, like many others of her fellow Arcanians, standing at only 1.62 meters. She's thin and quite curveless as well as very light-weight. She has long, wavy, chestnut brown hair (dyed, as it's originally black) side-parted and without bangs. This frames a rather round face with quite a bit chubby cheeks as well as little dimples when she smiles. Her skin is very light, and nose is small like most of her other features. Her eyes are slanted, even more so than the average of her countrymen, with single eyelids, the irises being almost fully black. She's really quite pretty, and she knows it. In fact, she spends quite some time maintaining it.

Lanhua tends to be rather modern in dressing, as she is in thinking. She believes in going with the times instead of being stuck in the past, and so she wears Foreign clothing, much to the dismay of her parents sometimes. She's got a very girly sense of style, wearing a short, white skirt of a very light material over a pair of thick, dark grey leggings. Over the skirt she wears long-sleeved purple blouse with white, lacy trimming and an equally white belt to go over it. Finally on her feet she wears a pair of sturdy black boots with wool lining to keep her warm. She carries a simple and non-descript brown backpackto carry her stuff in, given to her by her parents, and definitely not her choice of accessory.

[ Personality ]

Lanhua, as stated before, has a very modern way of thinking. Well, more accurately, she's been taken by the Foreign ideals and life of glamour that she always imagined. Her ultimate dream would be settling in the bustling city of Decemark, to begin a career in modeling.. All in all she's just another teenager with the dream to make it in the city. She's an up-beat and positive person, generally believing in looking on the bright side of life, that is, as long as life's going well and her way.

If there's one thing Lanhua hates, it's being told what to do, she's just incredibly stubborn. However, her parents raised her traditionally to respect her elders and do what's done of her, and so she generally does, but she doesn't have to like it. She can be a huge whiner when being forced to do something she doesn't want to, and is known to cut ends and try to get things over with as quickly as possible. Thus she's not the most reliable person there is.

She's definitely not a shy person. Lanhua's rather bashful and has very little shame, something that might be able to offend others. Lanhua can be quite judgmental, she's a very superficial person, and can be a bit two-faced, and this part of her tends to leak out sometimes. For while she can most definitely keep her opinions to herself, there are often times when words just escape her mouth. This is another think that often conflicts with the traditional values, she often forgets herself in front of her elders. Really, Lanhua's no stranger to apologies. But often times, with a polite apology and a beaming smile she can be easily forgiven.

[ History ]

Lanhua was born and raised in Januvale to a rather traditional family. The Yi household wasn't a very revered one, as they weren't trainers with heaps of pins. However, they were quite well-to-do, the head of family –Lanhua's father- having a prominent job as an official in Januvale (though Lanhua was never quite sure exactly what he did). The family only had one Arena Pin, earned by a member of the family many generations back. It hung it the main hall, always impeccably shiny, and should one ask for the story of its obtaining it would vary a little with every telling.

Her family was very traditional minded, her father often complaining about foreigners and their strange technology. However that didn't stop him from enjoying them, with limits. Their house was a big one, and styled entirely in the traditional manner. The modern commodities they had were mostly hidden in closets, only to be brought out when needed and quickly packed away again when done. Even the kitchen appliances were installed behind wooden cupboards. However, ever since she could imagine, Lanhua was fascinated with the Foreign culture. She loved talking to foreigners, hearing about their ideas and what life was like overseas.

Lanhua quickly befriended one of the few foreigners attending her high school, a girl named Maddy who was in the same class as her, much to the chagrin of her family. Her father was convinced that the girl was only fuelling the atrocious ideas of his daughter's mind. And really, he was absolutely right. Lanhua was frequently found at Maddy's house, which was traditional only on the outside, and almost entirely modern within. It was Maddy who convinced her to start dying her hair (after which she had a huge fight with her parents) and who taught her how to do her hair, and wear make-up, and generally taught Lanhua how to make herself pretty. Or prettier. It was also Maddy who introduced Lanhua to the photographer friend of her father at age 2, who was quite captured by her looks and used her as a model frequently.

It was around this time that her parents, particularly her father, gave up on her. She started avoiding her father, as any conversation usually resulted in a fight, and spent more time out, or with Maddy, than at home. There obviously wasn't a huge modeling business in Januvale Town, but often enough there was a shop who needed photos for advertisement, or the photographer friend of Maddy's was in town again and Lanhua would be present. She loved the attention of having people take pictures of her, and how it made her feel quite beautiful to see herself in small advertisement flyers. And so a dream started to become a real model. But first a real dream started saying something very different.

[ Sample text ]

"Maddy!" Lanhua called, seeing her friend trotting towards her. They hugged, something that's been a greeting between them for ages even if it was something Lanhua had to majorly get used to. Maddy stepped back, waving colourful paper envelope that Lanhua had learned meant only one thing. Photos.

"Guess what I got in the mailbox just now!"Maddy grinned, handing her friend the envelope. Mr. Thomas, the friend of Maddy's family who liked Lanhua as a model, always sent his photos to Maddy's at Lanhua's request. Lanhua just couldn't even think of her parents getting a hold of them, it was precarious in their home as it was without them seeing the pictures they probably wouldn't approve of. Not that there was anything wrong with the photos, her parents just generally didn't approve of much to do with her

"Did you look at them yet?"Lanhua asked, although she already knew the answer. Maddy always waited to check them out with Lanhua.

"Of course not, silly. Let's go get some sushi downtown and see!"

A little while later the two were seated on a bench in the local park, a big box of sushi between them and about a dozen photos strewn about their laps. An old ritual between the two."Look at this one!"Maddy held out a photo to Lanhua in-between bites. It showed Lanhua in a custom Qipao made by a local designer, as well as wearing a black wig. One of the few traditional Arcanian clothes she'd wore.

"Too traditional," Lanhua commented. It really wasn't a bad photo, the lighting was wonderful, the pose interesting, and the Qipao was plain gorgeous. But it was just the kind of thing her parents might actually approve of, which was just enough for Lanhua to dislike it. "I prefer this one,"She showed another one with her in a foreign dress with a lot of strings attached, as well as a horizontally-worn headband with feather. It was supposed to be something ladies wore decades ago. "What was the style called again?"

Maddy took the photo. "Oh, this is lovely, it's a Flapper dress."

"Oh, look, here's the one of you!"Lanhua showed the photo Mr. Thomas had shot of Maddy in a traditional Hanfu. It looked odd, Maddy's overly foreign looks, with her yellow hair and blue eyes, and then the so very Arcanian dress. But she supposed it shouldn't look any weirder than Lanhua must have looked in the flapper dress to Maddy. Handing her the photo Lanhua forgot to keep her arm down and Maddy saw part of the burned mark under her sleeve.

"What is this?"She grabbed Lanhua's arm, sliding the sleeve upwards and showing the symbol burned onto her wrist. "Did you get a tattoo without telling me?" Maddy sounded hurt.

"No I didn't!"Lanhua quickly said. "It's not a tattoo, it seems almost burnt on. Aren't tattoos made with red ink? This is a burn mark, but I don't know how I got it."

"A burn? Wouldn't feel that though? When I burnt my finger it hurt a lot!"Maddy traced the angry red of the symbol, first the curve and then the dot on the clean and unburned half. "What is it?"

"It's the yinyang, it symbols opposites coming together for a purpose, as well as reminding us that one cannot exist without its opposite,"Lanhua explained. Maddy seemed entranced by it, while all Lanhua wanted to do was cover it up again.

"Who are you?"someone asked and both girls seemed to jump out of their own little world. Looking up at Joresh Ja, the most revered trainer and man in the village, both girls stood up and bowed immediately, making photos spill everywhere.

"I'm Maddy Ja-"

"Not you,"Joresh Ja interrupted rudely. He then looked directly at Lanhua, "You."

"Yi Lanhua, sir,"she replied, bowing again.

He grabbed her wrist, "Where did you- no, nevermind, follow me."and he abruptly turned around, walking away.

Bot girls stayed still for a second or two, too stunned to react. Then Maddy pushed her friend forward. "Go! I'll clean up here, and be sure to tell me all about it afterwards!"Lanhua nodded, and ran up to Joresh Ja to catch up with him.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Miss Doronjo - I definitely like this character xD Her last name isn't very Arcanian if you intend for her to be from a traditional family, but maybe they could be special ;) hope to see the Sample Text up soon!

Swan - I like how you portray the time and lifestyle~ By Western culture, you mean like the culture in Unova and so? I haven't specified where Arcanum is in the world :p but I realize what you mean anyways. If you want to make your SU more correct, you could maybe change "Western" culture to simply "foreign" culture though.

Naku - Ah, I hope we can get a more light hearted character from you now ;p I'm used to the gloomy Shun lol. Your SU is fine :3 Accepted~

Back