• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fairy type in TCG

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So, now that we have a new type confirmed in the games, Fairy to be precise, how do you think it will affect the TCG? Do you think the new type will receive its own type in the card game, or go with another type's color and playability, similar to Poison and Psychic types sharing the same type? If it does get its own type, how do you think it will look? Feel free to add anything else you see fit.

Personally hoping for pink. I'll come back and say more later when this gets more responses. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They said X and Y were going to change both the Game and TCG industries. I think Fairy or another type may be making its way into the cards as a type.

Years
Fairy type will probably make it into the TCG, and Dragon type cards may now get their own dedicated energy now that they'll have a weakness outside of their own type.

Nothing's certain until we start seeing spoilers from the next Japanese sets or otherwise get solid facts on the upcoming Japanese sets, however.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
Looking at the way the typing goes on the TCG, I can see how it might be subbed under Colorless.. Can't really see anything else. Or, perhaps with the introduction of a new tpye they will be encouraged to divide the types according to the game? Not sure.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Looking at the way the typing goes on the TCG, I can see how it might be subbed under Colorless.. Can't really see anything else. Or, perhaps with the introduction of a new tpye they will be encouraged to divide the types according to the game? Not sure.

Although I definitely think they will include Fairy as a new TCG type (it's just so different from the others to be grouped in another), I do think that if it doesn't, it would get grouped in Colorless, or Psychic though I think that's less likely. I'm just...really ready for a pink card haha. I'm hoping they do give them a type, and I think that would be neat to introduce Dragon Energy as Don mentioned.

The last time we got new types was in Gen II and we got new TCG types for those, so I feel like it's really likely we'll get them this time too.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
a pink card would be so nice. I would play a fairy based deck if that ever happens, haha :-)

im saying pink because most of the Pokemon they showed to be a fairy type were mostly pink. Pink cards would be such a nice addition to the TCG :-)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I honestly think with us just getting Dragon type only recently, we probably won't be getting a new type, at least not right away. Of course, this does give one other possibility, that maybe they will in order to give Dragon type a specific weakness.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
But they also said that with Fairy types coming along in a few months, it will also change the TCG. Because right now, Dragons are super effective against Dragons. Just like how Psychic were only weak against Psychic back in the days. So I'm pretty sure Fairy will have a rather big significance in the Pokemon TCG as well.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Maybe theyll swap out poison for fairy, so that itll be fairy and psychic instead of poison and psychic. And poison will get its own type.
random babble, this is based on nothing.

Years
Based on the last and only time the games got new types, they followed that up by introducing both types into the TCG, so I think Fairy type will be introduced right away in the X and Y base set.

I think they rolled out the Dragon type early so they could get some decent tweaking done on how the cards of the type work before the Fairy type came into play and so they could take advantage of the sales boost from giving them their own type, so they wouldn't be regulating the effects of introducing two new types into the TCG at once. I just wonder what Fairy would be weak to. Grass maybe? Grass could use some playability boosts. It's vastly overlooked because of the relatively weak Pokemon that dominate its ranks.

Back