• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Server Move | Upgrade Announcement

Rukario

Banned
Years
As many of you may know, there are times when tPC is very laggy or not available (or you get CloudFlare'd!) and we have been working on getting a new, upgraded server for the site.

finally. YAY!

Now with this new server we'll need to move.. herein lies the reason for this post.

The Community will be taken completely off-line during the moving process. We expect this to last 1 - 3 days (depending on if we run into any major trouble or not.

ALL pokecommunity.com and related services will be unavailable (oekaki, pc battle server, web-based chat, email, etc.) due to dns changes and propagation times.

We expect to begin this move within the next 2 weeks or so and will announce the exact date / time when it nears.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
FINALLY! AFTER ALL THESE YEARS WE FINALLY GET A BETTER SERVER! well, i think i can manage 3 days without pc in my life #inb4iburn

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Excellent. Just two questions.

1. Will you keep us updated on Twitter throughout the process?
2. Will this allow the users who are interested in name changes to be able to have those again? I'm sure there are people who are wondering.

Rukario

Banned
Years
I'm not sure if it will allow name changes.. you can be sure the staff will try it and see what happens..

Yes, we will providing updates on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook as the process unfolds.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm personally excited for this. I was always a little frustrated with the frequent crashes, and it's great to know that you guys will be fixing the problem.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
It seems that our long awaited server upgrade has come. Not specially sad that PC will be down either, it's for a better cause XD

*hint**hint*what about PC 2.0*hint**hint*

Years
Well that's great news, although I'm a bit gutted the forum has to be down for a while, thankfully it won't hurt since I'll be at Ever Grande City during that time until PC is back up. The crashes always annoyed me so the upgrade was well needed.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Nice.
Just 1 question.
Do we need to register back?

I'm assuming no since it's just a move to a new server and all the data will just be transferred.

Anyway, I'm glad we'll be getting a new server soon cause we really need one. Cloudflare honestly bugs me way too much. Having to wait 3 days to get back on PC is no problem, I have Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and other forums/social networks to occupy me till PC's back up. XD

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
3 days without PC???? I couldve stand it earlier, but now I'm too attached, don't break my heart! Well, I guess it is for the betterness of the community so I'll live. :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Seriously, anything to get rid of Cloudflare can only be a plus. That site needs to die a quick (yet still very painful) death.

I just hope that everything (PM's/VM's, blog entries, etc.) make the transition flawlessly.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
The servers seriously have been needing a upgrade since I've ever been here (about 3 and 1/2 years now) so I welcome this for the small price of a few days of unavailability.

But will there be name changes?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
There won't be, as they told in the thread about the one-time name change last year ;)

Actually, it's true that name changes are removed now but since we're switching servers, they are asking if its possible if name changes come back coz the new server *might* handle the name changing pressure.

TY

I could live 3 days without PC if the servers will be better then.

Back