• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

chromophobe;

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Massimo, I'm speechless. Some of your works are really amazing. I especially liked some of the requests you did (for eg, the big bang tag, harry potter tag and the tag you did for twilightblade). But yeah, in this piece, I feel the flame effect is a Lil' too bright. I actually liked what you did with the tag but the brightness is a Lil' too high for my taste. And in this tag..I can see that you've tried and gone simplistic but..idk, it doesn't seem complete. Seems like it is missing something. And the light near her hand. It is, again, too bright for my liking.

As for your icons..man, they are just gorgeous! I just love those colorful landscape(or whatever you call it XD) set you did. Simply awe-struck by them! <3; Well, in the end, I'll say that you've in no way disappointed me. Keep it up!

/sorry for the extremely generic post. Tired after a long day. ;;

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
angel.png & charizardtxt.png & twilightblade.png
Muy bonita! Just 3 of my many favorites of your work. I especially love your use of pink colors.

david.png
I really like the diagonal flow. I don't think the text is necessary and it runs horizontally.. Soften up the red a bit.

impodemi.png
Love love love that fire! It really does add the spark to the piece. I find the background very interesting because it reminds me of vintage patterns. :3

traditional.png
Love the font and text arrangement. Not a fan of the colors in this Harry Potter theme because those reds seem unnatural. D:

2600th post.
Stay classy. :')

moments.

quixotic
Years
Thanks ye all for the comments! :D

Anyways, few updates, mostly requests again!

karpman.png

keoni.png

nimblethumbs.png

alonebeach.png

Started that a while ago and never really wrapped it up... Was going for sort of album cover type thing to begin with, then I sorta took the piss a bit with the text cause I'm sah funny. [/brick'd]

moments.

quixotic
Years
It's been a week, and I've trying to do more old school stuff and get away from my usual style and whatnot, going back to more taggy tags. :D

bonechill.png

venomCT.png

(colours are weird, leave me alone I couldn't get them perfect...)

SYDIAN.png

Made for Sydian cause of birthday and whatnot! :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Recently, I've not been the biggest fan of your work. Some of it is pretty cool, a lot of it is kind of, counter productive, in the sense that you've done so much better and you've forgotten some of the fundamentals. At any rate, let's just get into the CnC.

Spoiler:

The style is consistent, but the focal is dead. Reason being is that you have three points of attraction, meaning you've created a nice little empty triangle that now poses as your focal point. What I mean is that you have three focal points, one being the text on "super sayin", one being the bird and the last being the effects coming from the trumpet. I'm sure your focal had intended to be something else, but look at your background, you can't put effects like these on top of something like paper texture if you don't want them to distract from what the eye should be led to. And there's 3 places like this, the ones I mentioned. What I would have liked was if the text was closer to the focal, the head, without as much text, and have the bird moved closer also, then to fill out the tag you could have gone with some pen tooling or shapes. But aside from that, I like the colours in this quite a lot, and you sure did something original, but it's the lack of a strong focal point, or perhaps the addition of too many focal points, is what bothers me most about this tag. With some work, it could look pretty awesome.

Spoiler:

Dislike the background, like the text and the shape, and the concept, but it's all over the place this tag. Other than the speech bubble and a little of the effects on the shoulder, there's no yellow. So it doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. The text has little relevance to the focal point. The background is in a complete contrast with what we see above it. You have a playful attempt at a concept here with the stock and the text, which is pretty cool, but you have a dull texture in the background which doesn't really go with the tag at all. The effects on the shoulder look a little rough and low quality in all honesty, and just seem half hearted. I honestly think that if you changed the background here and made it relate to the text a bit more you could be looking at a better and more consistent tag. But it needs work overall, colour needs some more adjustments also, it doesn't blend very well.

Spoiler:

This is pretty awesome. I much prefer this one to your other tags of late. It's a little messy in places and lacks a little depth, but it's simplicity. What I would have liked to have seen other than some depth would be a bit of colour adjustments again. The birds are also over light, I would have liked a stock with a bit more detail to go over her. This one would look pretty nice with some text, the font you used on your "bon" tag, would be suiting I think. I forget what font that was, let me know when you read this haha. But the effects are pretty good, and I like what you've done with the face. Just tone down the lighting on the skin overall there and you'll be looking at a better tag.

Spoiler:

Fairly simple but effective concept. I like what you've done with the colours especially, the triangles and the clipping mask work to good effect. The text is a little hard to read in all honesty, and that's my main beef with this large tag. It could possibly do with a bit more work, a few more additions, but I like it the way it is.

Spoiler:

I like everything about this except for the stock. Giving the fact that you probably did this as a request I'll forgive you. The stock is pretty low quality and it doesn't suit the effects and textures very well both due to the quality difference but also due to the fact that it's 2D, with a 3D background. So the styles clash. The text is iffy too, I don't much like it being so far away from the stock. I would actually consider taking out that stock and replacing it with another, then shifting the text over to the left, then adding in some space stock for some orby effects.

Spoiler:

I don't have much to say about this one, it's pretty awesome in all honesty. I would give out about styles clashing here but the effects look 3D so it gets away with it. Colours could do with some work, I agree, to be honest, try a hue shift and a change in saturation and you'll probably get a good effect. But I like this, the text is done nicely too, so good work.

Spoiler:

Very busy. I like the flow, but I would have liked to see more of Petill, I think it got lost in the effects a bit too much and it would have been better to have it stand out a bit more. I honestly think this would have been a lot better if it stood out that bit more and didn't get so lost in the effects. But some good flow here. I think the colours could do some with some work, they're a little murky, but I like the effects overall.

Eh, some good points, some bad points, but I think tag requests don't always work well but I commend you for taking them.

And I await CT coming in to "disaggreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
Years
Thanks for the comments! I actually agree with you a fair bit Gav. Not too happy with where I ventured off in that last little bit of graphics stuff...

I said I was going to take a break cause I had no motivation / inspiration, and then I gave birth to this. :D

boat.png

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I like it (that tag you just posted), but I guess it's main problem is that the light's or whatever they are around the image take away most of the focus of the main point of the image. (which I'm assuming is that boat) Unless I'm wrong. xD

moments.

quixotic
Years
Thanks for the comment! I agree on your point about taking the focus though, I'm not sure why I chose such a large canvas in the first place, but I did mean to make it a little smaller which I guess addresses a bit of that issue... But thanks!

These two are WIPs, first one not as much, but I feel I could do more, the second is a definite work in progress, have no idea where I'm going from there.

contrast-1.png

contrastno-1.png

manhole.png

moments.

quixotic
Years
Thanks for the comments guys! Dx

gravitate.png

roxas.png

leduel.png

Just playing around trying to expand and do new stuff. First is for ToTF, second was just trying small canvases / vibrant colours and the last is for a battle here!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/contrast-1.png

Your concepts are definitely becoming more interesting, in a good way. I can see you on a journey into your artistic style and values and it's definitely becoming a more suiting place for you to be. At any rate, this piece is odd, not in a sort of negative way, but trying to see what you're attempting to achieve isn't seen as clearly as I might hope. I can see what you're going for, but I think the concept doesn't shout at me, it's there, but I need to look for it, and it's not too favourable. This happens for a number of reasons, I think that your colours aren't really drawn out enough, you could have worked on making your warm colours more deep and your cool colours more cold and brighter. I think the guy on the right is more evidently in his element than the girl. It would have been better if he (and this is going to sound weird) wearing less clothing, or perhaps you could have added in some mermaid legs with use of a stock, that would have been a pretty interesting inclusion.

As for the hotter side, I do love how the hair works, I'm not sure if this is two stocks or just one, but anyway. It's a bit messy, your textures are a little too heavy and a little dirty in all honesty. Especially on the skin. What you should have been going for was a sort of "dry" feeling to contrast a bit more with the under water scene, but it actually looks a little too smooth around the edges and messy in others. To develop your concept more here, it would have been good to see you thinking more about the abandonment of a desert. I would have liked to have seen this concept brought across more in a larger piece. I think the concept is quite good, it lacks a little in execution (which is the opposite of what I'm struggling with recently haha), but if you worked on some of the things I mentioned it would have been a little better. I feel that the piece as it is would benefit from text to show the concept a bit more, to explain it, but I'd rather see it brought across in imagery.

Regardless, I love the concept, it just needs some tweaking on the execution front, a lot of your works come out looking a little over textured or dirty, so don't be afraid to tidy up sometimes.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/manhole.png

Again, nice concept. Not sure what you've done to achieve it, and I'll struggle to comment on it overall. This would work well as a photograph, but as a graphic, it falls a little short in the terms of what is possible and what is not. When doing graphics like this, it's nice to try and get something that is not possible, out of the norm. This falls a little short in the line of how different ad away from typical it looks. It's a hard point to nail down.

The composition is quite well done, but the inclusion of those water droplets stocks isn't the best, they seems so obviously like a texture, and it would have been nice if you could have blended them a little better. I think overall, it looks a little unfinished, but there's something you could add to it, just not sure what just yet, but I think you could have pushed the boat out a little further.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/gravitate.png

Noooot a fan of the focal, whatever the focal is. You've got the text issue, it's too far away from the person focal point. Nice ideas though, I like the lines, they're really, really cool. The circles look a little off though, I think they look flat or something, maybe warp them a little so they're not just planted circles. The focal point is over sharpened. But I think this is an interesting style worth developing, you just need to work on the execution of it I think. I reckon that this would have been awesome with a different focal point in that square, and the background being kept. A person, a face, something like that. Little messy again, try to tighten those nuts.

Otherwise, as I say, go for the style, just think about composition a little more and you'll get better results.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/leduel.png

Not a fan of this. I think it's one of my lesser favourited tags you've made in recent weeks. I'm not a big fan of black and white tags usually, I think they need to be really, really good to pull any sort of positive feedback. This one lacks a little depth, and you've not made the best use of your space. I think that the part on the left is kinda forced, it feels forced. And the effects around the focal point are rather low quality and again, seem a little forced. I would take this stock again and try something new, and different, with a different canvas size. It's not the best of stocks, and remember how important choosing your stock is.

To go back to the part on the left, I think that it distracts from the focal point. But overall it lacks depth and composition, two things you need in abundance when making a B/W tag.

Your stuff is hit and miss recently, but that happens, I think my work has been a lot the same. I guess we struggle to churn out good stuff all the time. But remember to take the good and bad points from your works and apply them to future ones. Your concepts have been getting better though, which is something I told you to work on way back, and that's something to be proud of.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/roxas.png - you got my comments on that one ;]

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
gravitate.png

Like the blend and shape of the stock! The twirling effect with the stock goes with the text as well. The colors also fit together nicely, in my opinion. This is my most favorite one you've made yet!:)

moments.

quixotic
Years
Thanks for the comments guys! so late...

Anyways, I haven't made anything for almost 2 weeks, but I'm ready to get going again, starting with this LP. For anybody wondering, Salacia is Neptune's wife in Roman mythology, so she is Queen of the Sea.

(click for original stock)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
This looks good from a distance, but as I get closer I see a whole world of lack in the area of clarity. The focal is absolutely smothered, and the composition is lessened, compared to the stock. I like your concept, I think you executed it well in trying to convey the sea, but, you just lumped on a bunch of effects and textures above the stock image. I can see your filters too, the plastic wrap, but I think it looks pretty forced. I could get extremely in depth about this, but it's fundamentals that have the issues. It seems to lack a sense of flow, a sense of approach; a sense of purpose. I think you should avoid overusing your textures.

Do you draw? If not, start, it'll give you an incentive as to how shading works because I don't think you work on the finer details enough. Sometimes you need to get down and dirty by zooming in, and cleaning up your image for clarity. Just not feeling this one, I know I'm being quite general, but I think you'll benefit from me setting down some pretty general comments rather than tearing the piece down bit by bit. You need to work on your pieces, pixel by pixel some times, and worry about making your focal point being clear, and not your effects. Here you've smothered your work within them, and rather than your focal and concept shining through, they're hidden under a sea of effects. Pun intended. Sorry to put it down so much dude, but try take those things in a good light and apply them to your work in future. I think me critiquing your specifics continually isn't gonna help in the long run.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Effects weren't just "lumped on", no filters besides sharpen/blur and textures over stock is a legitimate style, I just didn't pull it off too well, bit rusty / not too familiar / comfortable with LPs. But thanks for the comments anyways!

3Dangel.png

ariel.png
ariel2.png
arielcosplay.png
pool.png
summerdress.png

Don't stab me, haven't done any graphics for a while, just easing back into it. The tag was for ToTF as a set stock theme.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/3Dangel.png
I like the flow and the text placement. But the fact that the tag is all magneta and lacks effects that add spice to it doesn't work out in its favor. Its like, you just picked a c4d, pasted the render over it, copied it and pasted the c4d over the render, shifted it towards the left side, copied it again, pasted a miniature version of it over the render and added text. I mean, if I look at it, I do kinda like it..but it just comes out as a lazily done tag. No offense, I know you're getting back into graphics and stuff, but I just said whatever came to my mind. It'd have been a MUCH better tag, seeing that it had a lot of potential courtesy the render, if it weren't for the lack of effects.

The icons are nice. But I felt you went overboard with reds in this one. Maybe just me:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/ariel.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023

Well in relation to the filters, are you sure you didn't use plastic wrap? It looks a lot like you did is all.
Spoiler:

I'm liking this, mostly. I think the line clipping masks are a little strange since they're randomly placed and there's a lack of consistency in them. I think you could have done a little more blending and added a few more C4D's in here, because there's a lack of variety and I think the render could have been blended better. You also could have cleaned up the render a bit, it has got some hard white edges in places and it's odd. Just selecting the empty space around it and adding a feather radius of a couple pixels, then cutting, will make the edges be a bit more anti-aliased. The colours are pretty good, you could do with a little more contrast and depth in shadows and such, but it looks pretty decent. The blurring and quality of the tag is ace, but in general it's pretty safe. I think it's good at what it is, but it just isn't crazy adventurous or anything.

Spoiler:

Icons are much better. Liking the 3rd one a lot, colour wise. Just needs to have less whites. My monitor is a little bright but, still I can tell the whites are just a little heavy. The others are pretty standard, though watch your positioning, I think all but the 3rd and last are too center heavy. Don't be afraid to go away from the center. The last is good, needs a little more sharpening, especially on the edges. The background is fine, could do with more cyan. But as I say, much better from you in the way of icons.

moments.

quixotic
Years
There isn't even a filter called plastic wrap in my version of Photoshop... I know what you are talking about, it was a texture I used, which looking back on, probably should've just been ditched...

@Dero: Thanks for the comments. I think I put more work into that tag than actually showed, there were quite a few layers of C4Ds in the background, and the small one in front of the render was an amalgamation of two different C4Ds again, but I can see what you meant. I was trying to not use textures, and keep a really clean, crisp look while maintaining maximum quality, but I agree I could've added some more little details!

@Gav: I wanted to add more C4Ds, but to be honest, I couldn't find any good positions for the C4Ds which matched the style, and I got a bit lazy and didn't want to spend heaps of time playing around waiting for something to fit nicely. So yeah, agree with you there!
The white edges, I didn't notice whilst making it, but yeah, should've been removed.
Thanks! :D

spacecassette.png

A tag I made to collab with Dero, but this is my own version of it, I'll leave him to post his finish in his own gallery. xP

And, the collab he started;
Raiden1.png

derocollab.png

Bottom is my finish. I didn't really add a whole lot, mostly adjustments and some textures and space stocks here and there, but yeah, still getting in the groove of graphics.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016

Do people cut out the links in quotes because the repetition of images is unnecessary?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/spacecassette.png
A tag I made to collab with Dero, but this is my own version of it, I'll leave him to post his finish in his own gallery. xP

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/Raiden1.png

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/derocollab.png

Bottom is my finish. I didn't really add a whole lot, mostly adjustments and some textures and space stocks here and there, but yeah, still getting in the groove of graphics.

Gonna start by saying I am a HUGE fan of your work :) Have been around for a while on many different accounts.

I love the abstract/retro (whichever way you wanna go) feel that you have given to the first tag, the vintage/soft colouring really suits the imagery in the tag and just flows very well. Everything in it fits so well and is perfectly positioned. Nothing really bugs me a part from those circles, but I guess without them there would be a little too much emptiness.

In relation to the other ones, I think the bottom one is much better because the strength and sharpness of the image suits the render, and really brings a powerful focus to the tag. I don't know so much about the text, whether it is unnecessary or just doesn't fit that well, personally I don't know what else you could have done with it other then just take it out.

But fantashtic ^^ teach me?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Spoiler:

This is pretty. Except for the fact you have a 3 focal thing going on here. The tag is quite disjointed. The tape on the right poses as one focal point, then the person, and then the text. The text is too far away from your person. So find a way to put the three together. Perhaps put the tape above his face, just larger than the other, but I guess that wouldn't work. I just think it looks too out of place there. The text should be closer, and you will need to change it so that it's still visible as it's pretty bright there. Anyway, this tag is looking pretty cool, it just needs some work to be put together better. That's if you want to be a bit more by the book and want to tighten your screws on this piece. The colours are super, I think the space stock is a bit generic (coming from me haha) and this would benefit from maybe some more original and self made texture. Otherwise it's pretty nice.

Spoiler:

This is also pretty good. I think I'm going to end up commenting on both parts here, but Dero can read this also. What I do like is the fact that the text, finally, fits the style of the tag, and that's something Dero struggled with. Though the placement of the text is still a little bit too far from the main part of the focal. Sure it's on the render, but what we're drawn to in the image is the face, and the hand. If you could some how make the text work well over there you'd be looking at better placement. The effects are quite nice in fact. Pretty nice lighting and atmosphere. But I think you over sharpened your part. I prefer the flow in Dero's side, because you pretty much sharpened the whole thing. It would have been better if you sharpened parts of it that needed to be sharpened such as the face and the arm, as I quite liked the softness of the tag before you sharpened the whole thing. In saying that, you did a good job in cleaning the focal up since the face was pretty hard to see on Dero's end. I think you killed a bit of the atmosphere created in the original part. But I know when you're collabing you feel obliged to try and edit a lot, but I think Dero really did a good job before giving it to you. However you could have added a little depth to the background. It just lacks in it a little. Anyway, it's still pretty.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Brane, people cut out the links because reposting the images takes up room, and if you just state which one you are talking about, the person who created them is likely to know which one you're talking about. ;)
But thanks a lot for the comments! :D

So, did an LP, I had to scale the whole thing down (cause it was massive), click for the original which has better quality, bit sharper and crisper, or just don't say the quality is bad. xP
I know the text is eh, I sort of like it (mainly just nostalgically), but imagine it without if you want. xP

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Back