• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I'm getting a very Final Fantasy IV type vibe from this hack and that happens to be one of my favorite games of all time, so definitely keep up the good work.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
i found this weird glitch where when i entered in this house that a spearow level 14 attacked me, i went inside i used a oran berry to heal me then i found myself blocking the door way and i was controlling another pichu then i went down tried to talk to it and it didnt work i reset the game nothing happend i gone so pretty far i guess XD but i want this glitch to be gone im not sure if its a glitch or not .

Years
i found this weird glitch where when i entered in this house that a spearow level 14 attacked me, i went inside i used a oran berry to heal me then i found myself blocking the door way and i was controlling another pichu then i went down tried to talk to it and it didnt work i reset the game nothing happend i gone so pretty far i guess XD but i want this glitch to be gone im not sure if its a glitch or not .
You can always get the help from Walk through Walls cheat you know if Ruby supports it.

NostalgiaFreak

That one Trainer
Years
Could someone tell me how I am supposed to convert the .ups file to a gba file so I can play this?

EDIT: My bad, I should've read the posts in the forum before asking.

Last edited:

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022

I just repeated your steps (inside Elder Rega's house, where the Spearow guard had been blocking) and what you described did happen. The reason it happened is that Ruby version has a strange behavior quirk, in that there are two different "look down" commands for sprite positions inside Advance Map. Selecting the first "look down" instead of the second can cause the event you just described - entering the map is fine; but reload the map for any reason and the looking-down sprite switches to look like the player (but with its original pallete) and you're now in control of it. It would take someone who knows the engine better than I do to explain why it happens, but the thing that's important to us is that it does happen D: Anyway, the map of that particular area has existed inside the game since 2009, back when I didn't know the difference between the two look down commands, and it was something that was never corrected because I never thought to. D: But thanks so much for bringing it to my attention! I changed the sprite facing command in Advance Map and the glitch no longer happens, and now that I know this could be a potential issue I'll go back to the oldest maps and double check that any sprites that are facing downwards are actually using the correct command. It's an easy mistake to make, which is what makes input like yours so valuable. Thank you for alerting me to this! :)

ubermola

He of the Obscure References
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2014
This is an excellent hack. It is different from pritty much every other Pokemon game that i have played. I love the "post-apocolyptic watership down meats mystary dungeon" vibe. I have a few question, observations, and suggestions. firstly, you could fix the "no way to check the leading pokemon's gender for dialog" problem by setting each species' gender ratio to 100% (which the player will not notice as they will only ever get one of each species), and then checking the species of the party leader when dialog must be gender based. Additionally, i think that the sound based puzzle in the multicolored woods should have a clue pointing to the fact that it is sound based in the dialog, for people who play on mute for whatever reason. Lastly, the rock puzzle in the dream world will not register as complete if the boulders are not placed onto the "correct" switches, even if all boulders are placed on switches. Additionally, what happens to your sibling at the beginning reminded me of what happens to the main charachter's brother in the begining on "mother 3". Were you inspired by this?

ubermola

He of the Obscure References
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2014
I've just played this game, and well...
honestly, i should have mentioned this as well. While I can deal with the occasional annoying puzzle, the harder puzzles were certainly not positives. The puzzles were mostly fine except for the boulder pushing puzzles.( although to long stick puzzle was a bit on the lengthy side.) However, the boulder pushing puzzles took me something like 2 hours with savestates. The last one especially took far too long. I would honestly recomend using a ruby wtw code to short cut to the boss fight. It would be a good idea to at least remove the last stage of the puzzle. Also, for the future, any puzzle that could reasonably be expected to take 50 or so tries should have it's difficulty toned down if it is mandatory. (optional brainbusters are fine)

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
Perfect. This game is made to perfection. I absolutely love sokoban puzzles along with the very unique elements which make this game one hell of a unique pokemon sequel to a post apocalyptic society where pokemons and humans used to co-exist with one another. However, I am unable to transfer my .sav file over to the new alpha 2 patched rom. I wouldn't mind playing the whole thing again but I would greatly appreciate it if there is a solution to address my issue.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
The puzzles were meant to be difficult but not frustratingly obtuse - that certainly wasn't my aim, and I wouldn't want it to be a problem that hampers with people's fun. :( What I think my problem is is that the puzzles got too difficult too quickly, without much of a learning curve, and that's really not a good game design choice when I sit down and think about the project critically. The secret room puzzle's easy enough when you actually get the cues, but throwing complex Sokoban designs at the player and not making it obvious enough (though I did try to make it as clear as I could without flat-out giving the answer away) that parts of the landscape can be interacted with? That's my bad, and this is why I need comments like this to get better. There can be time later in the game for the tricky, complex Sokoban designs and maps with only the barest of hints - after you've learned in far easier stages what to do. And that's the key I've been missing. This is essentially the equivalent of Petalburg Woods that's been reached plot-wise so far; I shouldn't have been demanding so much from players so early on.

As I've mentioned before, I've been doing mainly under-the-hood hacking on this game lately. Level curve and battles have been the big one (now that the game has 4th and 5th gen moves in it); but puzzles are an important key too. Why would an average, non-puzzle loving person want to keep playing when EVERY PART gets so hard so quickly? It's bad enough you can only heal on certain tiles or through invisible hidden berries, and that there's traps lurking in every corner to make your life miserable. You don't need late-game difficulty puzzles slapped on top of you at the same time.

I appreciate the input, and expect the new beta to feature toned down puzzles (Those who love the puzzles, don't you worry one bit! The hard ones will start to come back when you get further into the game, but it'll be at a more natural rate this time - not everyone's good with puzzles, so slowing the process down will allow these players to learn and get comfortable gradually) and a better level curve - those spearow leveled the Hero up very quickly, more quickly than he really should have been. As for when it will be released? ...No idea of that yet. Knowing me, probably December - but maybe sooner. You never know!

Years
Perfect. This game is made to perfection. I absolutely love sokoban puzzles along with the very unique elements which make this game one hell of a unique pokemon sequel to a post apocalyptic society where pokemons and humans used to co-exist with one another. However, I am unable to transfer my .sav file over to the new alpha 2 patched rom. I wouldn't mind playing the whole thing again but I would greatly appreciate it if there is a solution to address my issue.
You have to rename your old save exactly as with the new patched ROM in order to play with old save

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I really like the Idea of this! I think it could be used to create something like Mystery Dungeon!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I've really missed this game, it was great while tough ^^. Now
separator.gif
that I've read that we might get a beta, I can't wait {XD}. Good luck with the whole game Pink Parka Girl!! :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Hello! I'm new to this site, so I'm still rather confused on how to download, because all I see is ad's. Thanks in advance c:

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Hey man just letting you know this hack looks great!
Cool nice unique idea!
Keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back