• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most Embarrassing Moment?

Years
In Platinum..... That dumb pond with high level Magikarp. I wanted a lvl 100 gyarados. I had 1 rare candy. I found and caught a lvl 99 Magikarp...... I gave it the candy.

Then my finger slipped in the excitement of perfect evolution and......... I pressed B.

Level 100 Magikarp wall..........

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I got lost in the dimensional world place in Platinum. I ended up having to use an online walkthrough.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Can I just say those two Ace Trainers on route 215 were not funny? I literally cried for hours over that. I couldn't get past those guys. I swear at one point I had tried to beat them so many times I had lost all my prize money.

After several hours of going through Mt. Coronet, as soon as I reached Dialga my D.S. died. Andddddddddd.... I hadn't saved at all.

Stealth_MadAboutPokemon

The Ground Type trainer
Years
I spent 45 minutes on the Route before Sandgem Town, I couldn't figure out that I had to walk through the grass. I was 8 at the time.. >:(

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
After catching a shiny Metapod and evolving it to a Butterfree in Pearl for my sister, I forgot to save and her DS died. She cried non-stop for about three hours.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
All of my Pokemon getting one shotted by the first gym's Cranidos

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
I was EV training my Marshtomp from Emerald and I used Mud Shot on a Staravia.
I was humiliated in front of the Pros.

Shadow Sneak Sableye

Bright Beauty ♥
Years
Trying to evolve pokemon that had to evolve through affection by grinding several levels until I had a level 43 Budew., it was pretty frustrating. Then trying to hunt all over for a Driftloon when they only appear on a specific day

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
My first time going through Diamond, I got a Shiny Female starter. Yeah. I had seen the concept art of Chimchar, and I knew that he wasn't supposed to be a weird maroon-esque color. At this time, I hadn't heard of shinies. I had played Ruby, Sapphire, LGFR, Gold, etc. and STILL had know idea that shinies existed. So, I restarted. I thought something was wrong with it.

No, its not done yet......

I restarted again, and got, guess what, another shiny starter. Reset...

Nope, we still aren't done. I didn't get another shiny starter, however the first wild pokemon (Not that Starly that attacks you), was a shiny. I KOed it, and found another one. I thought that the second one was messed up :P, so I KOed it, and reset my game, thinking that it just existing would have completely destroyed every fiber of the earth.

So yeah, 3 shinies in one day. All right down the drain, and lost into history.

Only shinies I have found to date, except a Shiny Zekrom in Black.

If only I could turn back time.....

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Searching hours and hours for Mesprit and Cresselia and encountering one of them and not having any Poke Balls whatsoever...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'm trying to think of my most embarrassing moment in dppt, but that was such a long time ago! I know I got lost in Spear Pillar / Mt. Coronet blah and the Fight Area / Survival Area. :(

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
Years
If only Gen IV counts, cynthia's milotic used mirror coat after my Rotom's thunderbolt.

Last edited:
Years
I was stuck for literal days in Eterna Forest, because I thought that I'd already gone the way the exit was... Combined with kicking my starter out of the team and only using a Bidoof due to newbie stupidity, it was a wild ride.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Thinking East Shellos was the shiny version and almost trading it to my friend who believed so too.

Back