• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Crimson Version

How long should the first beta be?

• 1 Gym

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 2 Gym

Votes: 26 89.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boghy12

PoKe Wall
Years
There are some "bad boys"? Like Team Aqua/Magma/Rocket/Plasma/Galactic?
And which is the "special" legendary pokemon? like in light platinum(Arceus) or Black(Zeckrom)?
And Lugia isn't looking so god with the eyes black like in fire red in this version will they be blue? (Sorry for my bad english:D)

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
The graphics and most of the mapping looks solid and nice. On the other hand, I can't really judge how great this will be without any script evidence. Once we see some scripts I'll drop right back and give you the full layout of what I think. Keep up the good work though!

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I was thinking that you should make a Temple for the Birds (Maybe Ho-Oh and Lugia)

I'll figure something out haha. The trio have temples (well, ruins technically)

There are some "bad boys"? Like Team Aqua/Magma/Rocket/Plasma/Galactic?
And which is the "special" legendary pokemon? like in light platinum(Arceus) or Black(Zeckrom)?
And Lugia isn't looking so god with the eyes black like in fire red in this version will they be blue? (Sorry for my bad english:D)

1. The Lyst is an organization following some unknown leader. They'll be the "bad guys" most of the time.
2. The Legendary Trio of Birds are the main legendaries
3. I think Lugia's eyes are the least of our problems ;) (especially cuz his eyes are blue in the Pokedex and he doesn't show up anywhere else in the thread...)

The graphics and most of the mapping looks solid and nice. On the other hand, I can't really judge how great this will be without any script evidence. Once we see some scripts I'll drop right back and give you the full layout of what I think. Keep up the good work though!

Thanks, I have a little bit of scripting done. Like I said, I'm very busy. I really should get some screenshots up... I assure you, I'm impeccable with grammar and story-writing.

Boghy12

PoKe Wall
Years
There will be events like fighting red/brendan/silver
I see there are 2 sets of starters , will the player get to chose from both of them?
(sorry for my bad english :D)

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
I'm super super serial right now, this looks SO much better than some of the hacks on the Progressing hacks right now. This deserves so much more popularity but I can't get off topic ;)

The Lyst is an organization following some unknown leader. They'll be the "bad guys" most of the time.

So um, is this unknown leader Demitri? >_> and did I just ruin your story?

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I'm super super serial right now, this looks SO much better than some of the hacks on the Progressing hacks right now. This deserves so much more popularity but I can't get off topic ;)

Thanks, I feel really bad for not being able to release any sooner, haha.

So um, is this unknown leader Demitri? >_> and did I just ruin your story?

No, haha. I would be disappointed in myself if my story was that easy to see through.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
It's been a long time since any updates, so I thought I might throw this your way:

htknM2.png
G2Zco2.png

Proof of scripting, haha. Also, this is the new indoor look. Thoughts? The bookshelf, sink, etc. will probably all eventually be changed.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
This hack looks impressive so far...Somewhat disappointed that Zorua isn't obtainable though.

Everyone has a favorite pokemon, huh? Haha. I'm not including it in this hack for reasons;

1: Technical limitations with Zorua/Zoroark's abilities, moves, etc.
2: I was trying not to add so many gen v or favorites to the pokedex
3: Frankly, I just don't really like Zorua that much.

Thanks very much for the comment though!

EDIT: Ugh, people, I'm not as much of a jerk as I seem to be! Haha. The ugh was more for myself... But seriously, I just don't like the one-or-two-posters commenting on my hack and then never looking at it again.

Last edited:

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
It's been a long time since any updates, so I thought I might throw this your way:

htknM2.png
G2Zco2.png

Proof of scripting, haha. Also, this is the new indoor look. Thoughts? The bookshelf, sink, etc. will probably all eventually be changed.

The indoor tiles have a really good look .

Oh a proof of scripting...wait... that just a short phrase ( that a cheap trick) :D

Continue the good work teejermiester and good luck ;)

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
The indoor tiles have a really good look .

Oh a proof of scripting...wait... that just a short phrase ( that a cheap trick) :D

Continue the good work teejermiester and good luck ;)

Yeah Teejer it's just a lame level script :P

Just kidding XD I love the HG/SS Tiles. I use them in my hack, but I use the D/P/PT ones for the lab-style tiled floor cause I think they have a better look :P

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Yeah Teejer it's just a lame level script :P

I know... :'( haha

Just kidding XD I love the HG/SS Tiles. I use them in my hack, but I use the D/P/PT ones for the lab-style tiled floor cause I think they have a better look :P

They're actually kinda styled off of Wesley's indoor floor tiles. I sprite pretty much everything myself now so I don't get nailed haha. They aren't ripped from HG/SS, but I'm proud that you think so.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
even though muddy water will replace surf, i still think its a bad idea. Another useless hm and another Pokemon slave. Since the region is mostly water we will be using that Pokemon alot and i dont really like carrying Pokemon with HMS except surf , waterfall, dive & fly since its power is high.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there any updates? progress seems to have stopped :'(

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there any updates? progress seems to have stopped :'(

It kinda has. I don't have the time that I need to work on this hack anymore. Between AP classes, java and my social life I really don't have much free space. If I start feeling it again, I'll start working on this hack again. Maybe I'll do a little bit over MEA, I don't really know. It still requires about 40% more work until the beta, and almost all of that is scripting. I'm sorry to all my supporters, but a beta is a long ways off, if it's even going to happen. I would be glad to have someone work with me to try and get this done, but I understand that isn't fun and you all have your lives too haha. So, I won't as Fuji to lock this thread, but don't expect any updates soon.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Crimson does indeed have a nice storyline to it, it also has such a nice creative tileset that is made for the ROM hack as well, it gives a good feel to the ROM hack. It would be such a shame if the progress had completely stopped. 'Cause I would really love to play Pokémon Crimson.
It kinda has. I don't have the time that I need to work on this hack anymore. Between AP classes, java and my social life I really don't have much free space. If I start feeling it again, I'll start working on this hack again. Maybe I'll do a little bit over MEA, I don't really know. It still requires about 40% more work until the beta, and almost all of that is scripting. I'm sorry to all my supporters, but a beta is a long ways off, if it's even going to happen. I would be glad to have someone work with me to try and get this done, but I understand that isn't fun and you all have your lives too haha. So, I won't as Fuji to lock this thread, but don't expect any updates soon.

Oh I see. I'm sorry to hear that you no longer have much time to continue on with the ROM Hack, I understand that you've got other things to do. But hey, if you'd like to see your ROM Hack continue but feel like you don't have the time to work on it, you can always give your ROM Hack project to someone who would actually help finish it off for you. You can also list down all the ideas you were going to implement and tell whoever you're giving Pokémon Crimson to, it would be such a shame to see this ROM Hack becoming dead and falling into it's grave. 'Cause there's nothing more worse than ROM Hacks discontinuing and never finish.

But of course, it's your decision. If you wish to not let anyone finish it for you, that's ok... I understand.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
I could help! I don't really mind >.>

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Crimson does indeed have a nice storyline to it, it also has such a nice creative tileset that is made for the ROM hack as well, it gives a good feel to the ROM hack. It would be such a shame if the progress had completely stopped. 'Cause I would really love to play Pokémon Crimson.

The storyline is so incredibly vague, haha. I'm surprised you got anything out of that! I really should update that... Or possibly make a characters list. After all, there are a few major characters in Crimson that are vital to the story and are, in my opinion, very interesting.

Oh I see. I'm sorry to hear that you no longer have much time to continue on with the ROM Hack, I understand that you've got other things to do. But hey, if you'd like to see your ROM Hack continue but feel like you don't have the time to work on it, you can always give your ROM Hack project to someone who would actually help finish it off for you. You can also list down all the ideas you were going to implement and tell whoever you're giving Pokémon Crimson to, it would be such a shame to see this ROM Hack becoming dead and falling into it's grave. 'Cause there's nothing more worse than ROM Hacks discontinuing and never finish.

But of course, it's your decision. If you wish to not let anyone finish it for you, that's ok... I understand.

I don't have much time, but I'll probably work on it occasionally. There's something that just feels... wrong about giving this hack to someone else, even if they work by my guidelines. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

I could help! I don't really mind >.>

Haha, thanks, I'll be sure to call on you if I decide I need anything. :)
Actually, scripting help would be nice. It's not that I can't do it, it's just that I don't have the time to. So, if you can do that, and really don't mind, and want to help, then I would love it.

I've decided, despite the poll result and all of you guys wanting a longer Beta, to release a 1-gym instead of a 2-gym. It's now completely mapped, and I would just need to script it. I have no idea when a release will be or if I will get it done. So, now you actually might get a Beta. Yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back