• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Played LeafGreen. I now have a Lv25 Charmeleon (Flame), Lv25 Mankey (Punch) & a Lv24 Sandshrew (Dust-Storm).

It took 4 tries and a lot of luck to beat Misty's Starmie. I spent a lot of time having Pokemon in the day care to get their levels high quick.

Years
I beat Juan this morning using my Skarmory and my Swampert. Skarmory, herself, brought down two of his Pokemon before the stupid Sealeo killed Skarmory. I brought in Aggron who got Sealeo down to the red, but then died (I was pissed off. That was the first time that happened to my Aggron and it'll probably happen again since the Champion is Wallace). Swampert came in and Ice Beamed the Crawdaunt and the Kingdra easily.

Now I'm just training for the Elite Four. Hopefully I'll have them all successfully trained by tomorrow night. It's going to be hard though... Skarmory and Aggron are a pain to train, but I'm also going to catch a Mawile and I imagine that to be even harder.

- Swampert, Lvl 47 [Ice Beam, Surf, Mud Shot, Protect]
- Aggron, Lvl 45 [Take Down, Iron Tail, Rock Tomb, Headbutt]
- Skarmory, Lvl 41 [Air Cutter, Steel Wing, Fly, Agility]

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
I'm playing fire red and I beat brock and misty on my first try. In Mt. Moon I caught a Clefairy luckily. (It was a good level 10 too!) Anyway I'll be back tomorrow for more of my adventure. (Oh yeah and I picked Bulbasaur for my starter, instead of Charmamder this time.)

I'm playing fire red and I beat brock and misty on my first try. In Mt. Moon I caught a Clefairy luckily. (It was a good level 10 too!) Anyway I'll be back tomorrow for more of my adventure. (Oh yeah and I picked Bulbasaur for my starter, instead of Charmamder this time.)

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
RS_May.png

OT: AVA | ID: 51506
Started: January 23rd, 2012​

After palparking some 130+ Pokemon from my Sapphire to Platinum, I'm finally starting a new game! Sapphire's internal battery died, so I decided to take advantage of that in order to RNG abuse for a good SID. After about three hours overall, I hit my Seed. I've named my trainer Ava. I picked Torchic, but I did soft reset for a good nature. I did stumble upon one with good IVs. I decided to name him after my friend, Mac of York.

255.gif

Nickname: Mac | Nature: Hasty
IVs: 31 | 15 | 24 | 4 | 24 | 31​

Mac quickly gains levels and easily overcomes my rival's starter. Right before I head into Petalburg, I manage to add one more good Pokemon to my team. He's named after Luke. At this point, I stop caring about good Natures / IVs.

280.gif

Nickname: Luke | Nature: Sassy​

I went in thinking I would just use Blaziken+Gardevoir this game, but after some cute cheering on by AlexOzzyCake, I went ahead and added this Lotad to my Team.

270.gif

Nickname: Ozzy | Nature: Quirky​

Roxanne was a breeze since I evolved Mac into Combusken before that battle. I had also taught Ozzy Bullet Seed, although he was a bit too frail to make good use of it. Luke dominated Brawly with Confusion. What Luke couldn't do, Mac took care of.

I had to pick up a predictable HM slave to utilize Cut and Rock Smash. However, this one is easily providing team support by finding various goodies via Pick Up. Named after my friend, ShadowExcadrill, I present to you...

263.gif

Nickname: Shadow | Nature: Gentle​

Nothing was too hard until I got to Wattson. I honestly had to start over the battle at least 5 times. His Voltorb's Spark and Selfdestruct kept wiping out my team. Eventually I came up with this strategy: Use Mac's Double Kick to get Voltorb into the yellow-health territory and switch out into something to take the Selfdestruct. Sure, I could throw out a measly level 6 Zigzagoon, but I had to let Ozzy take one more beating. Thanks for taking one you've died more than that, js for the team. :)

I'm in Fallarbor now. After beating up around 30 Spinda to add Sp.Atk EVs to Mac and Luke, I also caught Swablu around this area. Representing the poor bird that has to fly my pizza butt around is Keiran777.

333.gif

Nickname: Keiran | Nature: Careful​

S,o I am 5 hours into the game now. I have 3 badges. I've done enough critical hits that if you if you took a shot, you'd be passed out in your bathtub had a nickel each, you'd be a rich person by now. Time for a break and to study. Here's the current line-up:

256.gif
:: Mac the Combusken :: level 31
281.gif
:: Luke the Kirlia :: level 23
270.gif
:: Ozzy the Lombre :: level 16
333.gif
:: Keiran the Swablu :: level 16
263.gif
:: Shadow the Zigzagoon :: level 6

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
@TwilightBlade
Name your next pokemon after me if they're all named after someone :p

Anyways, I trained everyone to level 41 and took on the Elite 4. I managed to beat the first three. I saved, then realized I had no potions left. Cursing, I took on teh fourth member, hoping for him to be easy. I was wrong, and got totally annihlated. I turned my game off. When I was ready for a rematch, I'd turn back on. I think...after a few tries, I'll train a bit more. Beginning to regret saving in the Elite 4 area...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
RS_May.png

OT: AVA | ID: 51506
Started: January 23rd, 2012​

Yesterday, I had swiftly defeated Norman. To be honest, the haxy +Accuracy Attract and Sing Delcatty trainer was more annoying than Norman.

Today, I made mincemeat out of Flannery. Mac Double Kicked her Numel and Slugma to the moon. Torkoal could take a few hits because of its defenses. Body Slam was especially annoying, but overall Luke finished off Torkoal.

I evolved Mac and Luke as soon as they possibly could. I also did the New Mauville mission to get TM Thunderbolt. Luke became incredibly useful with Thunderbolt now to enemy Carvanha and Poochyena. I beat up all the Team Aqua nubs and skipped picking up the Castform.

Even though Mac, my strongest Pokemon, is weak to the Flying types, I wasn't concerned about Fortree Gym. I still used Mac against plenty of the battles. Double Kick finished random Swellow off, lol. In the gym leader battle, I had +2 Calm Mind with Luke and whipped Winona's team. Her Dragon Dancing Altaria gave me a lot of trouble in Ruby, so I prepared myself for the worst in Sapphire.

Let's see... I had surfed my way to Mossdeep in one repel, haha. I was a little worried about Tate and Liza because neither of my two top Pokemon are very effective against Psychic types. However, that battle also proved to be very easy. I just ganged up on Lunatone first, haha.

As soon as I reached Sootopolis, I had to stop and plan a good team to catch Kyogre with. I flew back to Rustboro and picked up a Nincada nearby. This Nincada is named after my favorite ninja, greg0915.

290.gif

Nickname: Greg | Nature: Brave​

I train him quickly to level 20 by repeatedly battling the TV interviewers/reporters. I mean, the ones with the Magneton and Exploud. I evolved him and I honestly had more interest in obtaining Shedinja. I nicknamed him after greg0915 too, sorta. ;P

292.gif

Nickname: Mini Greg | Nature: Brave​

Okay, so I have Wonderguard Shedinja. He completely avoids Kyogre's attacks. I also teach him Sand Attack and Sunny Day to -6 accuray and negate the Drizzle. With all the money I earned from beating the reporters, I go and buy 99 Dive Balls. I want to catch Kyogre in one. EKEKE

Now I'm looking for something to give Kyogre status... Ah yes, here we go. Named after the best cutie I know, Kirozane!

309.gif

Nickname: Kirozane | Nature: Jolly​

The plan here is to Thunder Wave in order to paralyze Kyogre. Although I know sleep is better, I just can't waste that many turns switching in my sleeper, switching back in Shedinja to avoid Kyogre's strong attacks if they do hit, etc.

Anyways, after about 7-8 attempts (I lost count) of hitting a spread 10 minutes 50 minutes into the game, I finally RNG abuse a shiny Kyogre. Not too bad! My heart was actually beating quite fast. I didn't expect to get a shiny so soon.

...Now the battle was waaay more frustrating than abusing the RNG! Kyogre just wouldn't go into 50 Dive Balls! Kyogre struggled multiple times and was barely alive when I decided, to heck with it, I am going to use the Master Ball. It's not my favorite ball, but at least I would not have to hit my frame again. Anyways, here it is:

382.gif

Nature: Timid
IVs: 29 | 14 | 30 | 28 | 29 | 31​

I'm 12 hours into the game with 7 badges. I box Kyogre. I plan to trade him to XD Gale of Darkness and then to Emerald. Eventually he will go on to the 5th Generation. Here's the Sapphire lineup.
257.gif
:: Mac the Blaziken :: level 42
282.gif
:: Luke the Gardevoir :: level 41
292.gif
:: Mini Greg the Shedinja :: level 20
271.gif
:: Ozzy the Lombre :: level 16
333.gif
:: Keiran the Swablu :: level 19
309.gif
:: Kirozane the Electrike :: level 12

@darkpokeball: Aw I did not see your post in time! I've caught what I needed and just about beat the game, lol.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
@TwilightBlade Well, there's always Victory Road Hariyama's/Medichams/Golbats.... :p

Anyways, I really wanted Skitty. I have posted for them in Quick Trade Thread, and got a female. All I needed was a male. Suddenly, I wondered why I couldn't catch it myself. Every time I tried, it never showed up. However, this time I had a white flute. Worked like a charm. Found tons of Skitty's, and caught a female and male. Named them Samuel and Yoyo and began to breed them. However, I still have that quick trade post on there. Meh. So, now I have Pichu's, Ralts', and Skitties by the dozen...so many eggs from three breeders! I can't tell what's a Ralts egg from whats a Pichu egg! So, yeah, I gave up on defeating the dragon dude in Elite 4. However, I'll be back...and I'll beat the champion. Then I'm either going to buy Emerald, do the whole journey again and perform the cloning glitch to clone my team and send the clones to Platinum...or just send the originals to Platinum as they are. Let's not get too ahead. But that dragon dude...oh how he'll suffer. For making me lose half of my money...*demented laugh*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I got a copy of Emerald the other day, so here am I, playing through Hoenn once again!

E_Brendan.png

OT: RAY | 57325
PokeDex: 17
Started: 23rd of February, 2012
Time: 6:16

As of now I have gotten my first badge and completed the Team Aqua event in Rusturf Tunnel. Once I get my teams levels up a bit, I'll move onto Dewford. Not much else to say really, though it feels inherently wrong with grinding Whismur to gain exp with my own Whismur.

I started off with Treeko btw, but dumped that before the first gym. Here is my current team:

Ani293MS.png
WOOFER/WHISMUR Lv 14
Ani276MS.png
QI/TAILLOW Lv 12
Ani271MS.png
FERUS/LOMBRE Lv 16
Ani290MS.png
KUNOICHI/NINCADA Lv 13

I'll probably get rid of Taillow once my Nincada evolves, after the Dewford gym. I plan on catching a Gulpin later, at the very least.

These two guys are only here for pick up/HM slave and teleporting, respectively.
Ani263MS.png
STRAIT/ZIGZAGOON Lv 4
Ani063MS.png
FATI/ABRA Lv 7

UPDATE

A bit of progress has been made since my last update (yesterday, lol). I am now onto my third badge, and have had some small changes to my team.

After sailing to Dewford I quickly delivered the letter to our good friend Steven, who gave me TM47 (steel wing) for my troubles. I grinded a bit in the caves, but growing tired of the continuous onslaught of Aron (and no member of my team to quickly kill it), I rushed off to Dewford gym with my team, including my level 14 Taillow.

Taillow was the hero that day, responsible for clearing out the entire gym with just its Wing Attack. I used X-Attack against Brawly, and quickly got the second badge, with my beloved Taillow now on level 19 after all that battling.

Sailing on to Slateport, I battled my way up the beach to access the town. I quickly headed north to catch some Pokemon, and added Gulpin to my team.

Spr_3e_316.gif

Helper/Gulpin ♀ :3

At this point I dumped Taillow into my PC :'(

After catching other Pokemon for my Dex, I went back down to the beach to get some experience, and then delivered the Devon goods to the captain. After thwarting the efforts of Team Aqua, I quickly headed north. Trick House was a cinch, though my rival May presented a bit of trouble.

After making it to Mauville, I went right to battling Wally. My level 19 Nincada quickly took care of him and sent his weak little butt back home. After evolving Nincada upon reaching level 20, I took to the gym.

Spr_3e_291.gif

What's this?!
Spoiler:

Battling was a bit of pain, since I had no Pokemon to take out Magnemite, but eventually I made it to Watson.

I allowed for my Gulpin to take care of Voltorb, narrowly surviving its final self-destruct attack. As Watson switched in Electrike, I switched in my newly evolved Shedinja with its Wonder Guard ability, which allowed me to set up with very little concern in preparation for Magneton. I spammed Double Team, applied 3 X-Attacks, X-Accuracy and X-Speed, and after curing Shedinja of paralysis, I proceeded to sweep the rest of Watson's team with Fury Cutter.

And here I am now, 11 hours and 50 minutes into the game with 3 badges. My dear Whismur is set to evolve, but I'm delaying it till level 25 so it learns Stomp sooner. Also, I will be ejecting Shedinja from my team like... now.

Ani316MS.png
Helper/Gulpin Lv 21 ♀
Ani271MS.png
Ferus/Lombre Lv 21 ♂
Ani293MS.png
Woofer/Whismur Lv 21 ♂
Ani291MS.png
Kunoichi/Ninjask Lv 20 ♀
Ani292MS.png
Shedinja Lv 21
Ani263MS.png
Strait/Zigzagoon Lv 4 ♂ - HM Slave/Pick-up abuser

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I've played around 11 hours since my last update, so here we goooo (btw Sydian said it was cool for me to double-post).

E_Brendan.png

OT: Ray | 57325
PokeDex: 44
Started: 23rd of February, 2012
Time: 22:56
Badges: 5

So I don't know if you all remember my last update :P, but I had just gotten my third badge. I quickly ran north to get more Pokemon, avoiding trainers on the way, and caught a number of them, including Numel, which I added to my party.

Spr_3e_322.gif

Caroline/Numel ♀

After catching all that I could, I proceeded to level up Numel on all the trainers that I had skipped, including on the bike path and in the trick house.

Upon completing the Rusturf tunnel event, I went north to continue on with the rest of my journey. Though I failed to stop Team Magma in the caves, I followed them up the volcano and stopped them there, with the help of Team Aqua.

Hopping down Jagged Pass I entered Lavaridge Town and promptly challenged the gym there with my newly leveled Numel, who made short work of Flannery's team with her Magnitude attack. A bunch of my other Poekmon had leveled up and evolved in the meantime.

When I left the gym I got the Go-Goggles from May, and so I went to the desert and checked that out. I have never played Emerald before, so I was shocked to see Mirage Tower. Couldn't go very high with just the Acro Bike, so I ran back down and got the Mach Bike. When I reached the top of the tower I chose the Root Fossil (I've always had a soft spot for Cradilly).

I was in a bit of a rush to get to Norman now, so I moved down to the fifth gym, confident my Pokemon could look after me. I found that the gym trainers were a bit much though. Worried, I decided to train up a fighting type. I chose Luke, my Makuhita, which I caught back on Dewford.

Spr_3e_296.gif

Ain't he fat? :3

So I grinded and grinded on wild Pokemon, finally getting him up to level 28 where it learned Knock Off, and I let it evolve into Hariyama. I figured now I was set to challenge Norman, so I headed back down. I easily took care of the last two gym trainers, then saved before my final battle.

I figured it would be best to lead with my Ninjask, since Spinda had Psywave. I spent a bit of time setting up, using Double Team, Swords Dance and allowing for its Speed Boost ability to increase its speed stat. Sure Teeter Dance had me worried a bit, but I healed confusion when I could.

Finally I started my attack with Fury Cutter. It took three hits to take down Spinda. I decided to keep Ninjask in, since I didn't want to waste the stat boosts.

It took down Vigoroth in one hit.

It took down Linoone in one hit.

It took down Slaking in one damn hit.

Most folk would be happy with the result, but I wasted hours leveling up my Makuhita, and all for nothing.

Oh well, I got the badge, got HM03 from Wally's dad, and now am about to leave Petalburg City.

Current Team:
Ani291MS.png
Kunoichi/Ninjask Lv 28 ♀
Ani271MS.png
Ferus/Lombre Lv 30 ♂
Ani317MS.png
Helper/Swalot Lv 28 ♀
Ani322MS.png
Caroline/Numel Lv 28 ♀
Ani294MS.png
Woofer/Loudred Lv 27 ♂
Ani297MS.png
Luke/Hariyama Lv 28 ♂

So I think I'll need an Electric type for the sixth gym, but I dunno what I'll do with my team and how I'll change it up.

Whirr

Enjoy.
Years
I booted up Ruby for the first time in a LOOONNNGGG time, but none the less I am looking forward to it.

Not going to get into details, but I have picked up my starter, Torchic, just like old times.

ELVISTHEGUY

Finally found my old Ruby, I then start my game, which I haven't played since 2006 and all the good old memories are emerging once again, the day I bought the game, the day I breed my first shiny pokemon and the day when I finally completed the game.
I'm not sure if I should migrate my Pokemon, but I won't restart, the memories are more valuable to me :')

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Started a Nuzlocke challenge in Pokemon Ruby. Just beat the 3rd gym.

My Team:
SlippyToad (Marshtomp) Level 26
Ace (Swellow) Level 27
Birch Bark (Nuzleaf) Level 27
Inferno (Numal) Level 15

Deceased:
Sparky (Elektrike) Level 13

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
So I am replaying my old Pokemon Sapphire so here's my story so far....

-> Started a New Game
-> Chose Girl
-> Named her May
-> Played through Littleroot Town
-> Chose Torchic
-> Trained to Lv. 8
-> Defeated Brendan.
-> Got Running Shoes, PokeDex, Pokeballs
-> Trekked Routed 102
-> Trained to Lv. 11
-> Caught a Lotad
-> Trained Lotad to Lv. 8
-> Wally event.
-> Trekked Petalburg Woods
-> Arrived at Rustboro City.
-> Evolved Torchic to Combusken
-> Trained Combusken to Lv. 17
-> Got the Stone Badge
-> Caught a Nincada
-> Saved at Rustboro City exit to Route 116.

Team:

Combusken Lv. 19 Female
Lotad Lv. 10 Female
Nincada Lv. 7 Female

May:

Stone Badge
- Badge
- Badge
- Badge
- Badge
- Badge
- Badge
- Badge

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
I beat Juan this morning using my Skarmory and my Swampert. Skarmory, herself, brought down two of his Pokemon before the stupid Sealeo killed Skarmory. I brought in Aggron who got Sealeo down to the red, but then died (I was pissed off. That was the first time that happened to my Aggron and it'll probably happen again since the Champion is Wallace). Swampert came in and Ice Beamed the Crawdaunt and the Kingdra easily. Now I'm just training for the Elite Four. Hopefully I'll have them all successfully trained by tomorrow night. It's going to be hard though... Skarmory and Aggron are a pain to train, but I'm also going to catch a Mawile and I imagine that to be even harder.

- Swampert, Lvl 47 [Ice Beam, Surf, Mud Shot, Protect]
- Aggron, Lvl 45 [Take Down, Iron Tail, Rock Tomb, Headbutt]
- Skarmory, Lvl 41 [Air Cutter, Steel Wing, Fly, Agility]

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2012
wow i will start my pokemon adventure now hehe

Im playing Pokemon Fire Red and so far my story is like this:

-> receive charmander as starter
-> got the parcel, went back to Pallet Town and receive a Pokedex and Pokeballs
-> got the data's of rattata and pidgey by capturing them
-> I trained my charmander to lvl 11; rattata and pidgey to lvl 6
-> went to Viridian forest to catch caterpie and weedle
-> I trained my caterpie and weedle they got to lvl's 5 and 6 after battling BLUE(Gary's counterpart)
-> went to Viridian Forest and battled 2 bugcatchers my caterpie and weedle evolved to Metapod and Kakuna

My team:
-Charmander lvl 11
-Rattata lvl 6
-Pidgey lvl 6
-Metapod lvl 7
-Kakuna lvl 7

Badge:
----

Last edited:

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I just started Firered again on my spare copy, as I can't delete my original =p I picked Charmander, but he's making it hard for me to get a well rounded team together. For now, Caterpies, Nido and a Pikachu i caught is going to have to do. :p

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
Ok I am about to face winona (AGAIN.....). I wouldn't have any problem with her if she didn't have that dang altaria. Any way, heres my starting lineup.

Manectric LVL 29

Swellow LVL 28

Kirlia LVL 27

Secondary lineups:

Aron LVL 27

Combusken LVL 28

Tentacool LVL 28

Any suggestions?

Well then, here I go... I guess.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
I am currently on my way to the meteor falls or w/e for the first time, pokemon with me are

Level 27 Lombre
Level 26 Nuzleaf
Level 28 Grovyle
Level 25 Kirlia
Level 26 Vigoroth
Level 14 Zigzagoon

I am either going to catch a trapinch or a swablu to get and train for fly. Most likely will use swablu as I have never had an Altaria before

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2016
Started trying to complete as much as I can the pokedex in Emerald now that I have finished with the champion. First the pokemon of Kanto...
Current team... See signature(The ladies and Machoke are Lv.59 and the rest 58)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back