• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
I wanna join, may I? :3

Seems like this is a serious club, where people respect each other and share experiences.
I saw it a few days ago, but I was thinking if I was going to join or not, and I've decided to join.

Welcome Mononoke Hime! So, what's your story?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
QuilavaKing said:
Edit: Checked again, and there's a few people near the college I'm gonna go to. It's like 10x bigger than my old school though, so I may not ever actually meet them. lol

You should start using it again once you get to college. It's college, there will be so many gay guys there you won't even be able to spit without hitting one. Grindr is your oyster :P

I really really want to make a lesbian version of Grindr, because I have an amazing name for it: Mufflr.

And welcome Mononoke Hime! I'm so happy you've decided to join us :D - yes, as Phantom said, please tell us a bit about yourself!

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I don't think that would have worked for you. Tanner (if I can call you that? :)) had the luxury of assuming that people would be OK with the revelation, and you didn't have that.
By all means go for it. I tend to be somewhat discrete with my real name for some reason, but once someone finds it out, fair game.

Yeah, I speculated my family was going to be fine with it. Me being a genderqueer at least (though as I look at it all I feel like I'm leaning more towards being an MtF Transgender), is a totally different story. It's been six years of questioning, and I'm not telling anyone that might slip it out until I feel sure. I have absolutely no idea on how my family would react to it.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I'm joining. I'm not sure if i'm Transsexual myself but I feel like it sometimes. I'm also not sure of what gender I like.

Years
Quote ALL the posts!

I wanna join, may I? :3

Seems like this is a serious club, where people respect each other and share experiences.
I saw it a few days ago, but I was thinking if I was going to join or not, and I've decided to join.
We're serious? Oh, you mean in that we're serious about being cool to everyone and open and that kind of thing. But yeah, we're not like so serious you should be afraid or anything. (This goes to anyone who is lurking, but afraid to post. C'mon, post.)

You should start using it again once you get to college. It's college, there will be so many gay guys there you won't even be able to spit without hitting one. Grindr is your oyster :P

I really really want to make a lesbian version of Grindr, because I have an amazing name for it: Mufflr.
That has got to be the most tasteless things I've ever read this morning. I kid. You should go make that.

Alternately, you could call it Oystr.

By all means go for it. I tend to be somewhat discrete with my real name for some reason, but once someone finds it out, fair game.

Yeah, I speculated my family was going to be fine with it. Me being a genderqueer at least (though as I look at it all I feel like I'm leaning more towards being an MtF Transgender), is a totally different story. It's been six years of questioning, and I'm not telling anyone that might slip it out until I feel sure. I have absolutely no idea on how my family would react to it.
I'm glad you're okay talking about it here even if you're keeping it to yourself with people you know in the real world. I only say this because if you do feel you're transgender there's a possibility you'll want to go through some physical changes and that's something you'd rather decide on sooner rather than later.

I'm joining. I'm not sure if i'm Transsexual myself but I feel like it sometimes. I'm also not sure of what gender I like.
You've come to the right place. There's not much we can do to help you figure out who you are, but we can at least give you a place to talk about it if you'd like. If you're going through that wonderful/awful thing called puberty then there's a possibility you're just getting a feel for who you are, but then again you might fall somewhere into the genderqueer category if you feel that sometimes you're transsexual (by which I assume you mean that sometimes you feel female and sometimes male)

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Welcome Mononoke Hime! So, what's your story?

Well, let's see...

I always felt attraction to women, but the fact I feel attracted to men also maked me forget it until I first kissed a girl. At that point I couldn't pretend this issue didn't exist. I gotta say I was drunk, but that actually helped me to forget society rules and just do it.

A few months later I caught myself in love with my best friend. I never really told it to her and she just have gone away to other state of the country.

Since then I'm no longer hidding my own sexuality from myself. It also maked me become to question about what really is passionate love in it's pure form. And I realised that for me it just doesn't matter if is a man or a woman, I just naturally broke that barrier. For me to love someone, it doesn't matter the gender, but who is inside the body.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Since then I'm no longer hidding my own sexuality from myself. It also maked me become to question about what really is passionate love in it's pure form. And I realised that for me it just doesn't matter if is a man or a woman, I just naturally broke that barrier. For me to love someone, it doesn't matter the gender, but who is inside the body.

Good for you! That's pretty awesome.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thank you! ^_^
I also think that anyone who is homofobic just don't really know what love is.

I don't think that's the case. My parents have been married and in love for 24 years now, yet they are extremely homophobic.

There are other reasons why people are homophobic. Mostly it's religion (Which also bans a TON of other stuff, too, but since most people do that stuff, it was always "meant as a metaphor"). Other reasons are "it isn't natural" (Homosexuality is found in more than 250 species...), "it's an illness" (Which it isn't), "It's wrong and gross" (I find mucus gross, but you don't see me going around hating and beating people who blow their noses...), and the list goes on. There are a lot of reasons why people are homophobic, all of them stupid. But I think those all are just there to hide the real reason, the real reason being "I have a box on my head that says I should blindly hate gays, but that's stupid so I'll come up with some idiotic reasons since I'm too stubborn and stupid to take the box off".

Well... at least that's why I think people are homophobic.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I don't think that's the case. My parents have been married and in love for 24 years now, yet they are extremely homophobic.

There are other reasons why people are homophobic. Mostly it's religion (Which also bans a TON of other stuff, too, but since most people do that stuff, it was always "meant as a metaphor"). Other reasons are "it isn't natural" (Homosexuality is found in more than 250 species...), "it's an illness" (Which it isn't), "It's wrong and gross" (I find mucus gross, but you don't see me going around hating and beating people who blow their noses...), and the list goes on. There are a lot of reasons why people are homophobic, all of them stupid. But I think those all are just there to hide the real reason, the real reason being "I have a box on my head that says I should blindly hate gays, but that's stupid so I'll come up with some idiotic reasons since I'm too stubborn and stupid to take the box off".

Well... at least that's why I think people are homophobic.

This made me laugh, especially since homosexuality in the Bible is still disputed.

Last edited:
Years
I always thought that homophobia (and transphobia) were caused by people being sheltered and never being self-reflective or critical of their beliefs and assumptions. I think hatred is just the byproduct (of course that's kind of how I think hatred works in most cases). So for me I only blame religion inasmuch as religion makes people sheltered and keeps them from thinking critically.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Just found this documentary on youtube, and thought it might be interesting to some of you. It's about the only Gay bar in northern Mississippi, and the lives of the people that go there. I was surprised at how many people there actually are, and how open they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXvet5I3KpM

Edit: Don't watch the 3rd part unless you want to cry and be filled with incredible hatred for mankind.

Last edited:
Years
Just found this documentary on youtube, and thought it might be interesting to some of you. It's about the only Gay bar in northern Mississippi, and the lives of the people that go there. I was surprised at how many people there actually are, and how open they are.
I watched a little of this (like 4 minutes) and I was kind of hoping that it would be about how surprisingly accepting and open this place is, but of course they had to get some opinions of people from the Confederate-flag covered bar down the road, and of course they said a lot of what you'd expect.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
There's also a fairly thorough interview with the leader of the westboro baptist church. I wish I hadn't watched it tbh.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I've always seen the Westboro Baptist Church as a whole though, as an anti-life organization that specifically targets the LGBT community (because according to them buildings will explode if I kiss a boy I guess.)

Which I guess brings me to a revelation of mine: I'm now entirely accepting to myself being bigendered... though the only specific way I feel I can express it is by wearing completely gender-neutral clothing (which I've actually shifted towards doing already.) I'll have to come out in a different way over it though, but whatever. I'll figure that out when I feel like it's time.

Years
Gender-neutral is how I try to look when I go out in public. It's just easier that way. Plus I'm starting to feel like I should identify more as androgyne than trans. Ugh. So many terms.

So when you say you're bigendered you mean you feel like to move between male and female from time to time?

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
So when you say you're bigendered you mean you feel like to move between male and female from time to time?
Kind of. Rather both simutaneously but frequently feeling much more like one gender over the other. When I wind up switching into girl mode though I'm often okay with my male body. If only i could change my physical appearance for how I currently feel though, then I would be able to fulfill both sides much easier...

Years
As a whole I consider myself a biromantic asexual.

I dunno. That sounds to sum things up well as far as I can tell from what you've said. Everything else is just your personality and tastes. You said you're a tomboy. There are plenty of things that tomboys have in common with people who are trans or genderqueer or gay, but really they're not the same exact thing. What's important is that you feel comfortable with who you are and how you identify yourself.

I'm assuming that there are arguments on this other forum which make you wonder what category you fit into because of your tomboy-ish-ness and so on. (Correct me if I'm wrong though.) It's probably well-intentioned, but don't let other people define who you are if it doesn't feel right.

Kind of. Rather both simutaneously but frequently feeling much more like one gender over the other. When I wind up switching into girl mode though I'm often okay with my male body. If only i could change my physical appearance for how I currently feel though, then I would be able to fulfill both sides much easier...
If only. Wouldn't that be great?

Back